1. Alberts SR, Citrin D, Schwartz D, Rodriguez M. Colon, Rectal, and Anal Cancers. Cancer Management. 2016; http://www.cancernetwork.com/cancer-management/colon-rectal-and-anal-cancers.
2. Pourhoseingholi MA. Epidemiology and burden of colorectal cancer in asia-pacific region: what shall we do now?. Transl Gastrointest Cancer 2014; 3:169-173.
3. Gutiérrez IA, Puebla AM, Delgado JI, Figuera LE, Zúñiga GM, Gómez K, et al. Association between TNF-α-308G>A and -238G>A gene polymorphisms and TNF-α serum levels in mexican colorectal cancer patients. Genet Mol Res 2016; 15:1-11.
4. Siegel R, Desantis C, Jemal A. Colorectal cancer statistics, 2014. CA Cancer J Clin 2014; 64:104-117.
5. Ferlay J, Soerjomataram I, Dikshit R, Eser S, Mathers C, Rebelo M, et al. Cancer incidence and mortality worldwide: sources, methods and major patterns in globocan 2012. Int J Cancer 2015; 136:359-386.
6. García S, Téllez FI, Méndez N, Uribe M. Results of the first program of colorectal cancer screening in mexico. Endoscopia 2015; 27:59-63.
7. OMIM entry 190070. V-KI-RAS2 Kirsten rat sarcoma viral
oncogene homolog; KRAS. https://www.omim.org/entry/190070.
8. Jancík S, Drábek J, Radzioch D, Hajdúch M. Clinical relevance of KRAS in human cancers. J Biomed Biotechnol 2010; 2010:150960-150973.
9. Liu X, Jakubowski M, Hunt JL. KRAS gene mutation in colorectal cancer is correlated with increased proliferation and spontaneous apoptosis. Am J Clin Pathol 2011; 135: 245-252.
10. Jiang QH, Peng HX, Zhang Y, Tian P, Xi ZL, Chen H. rs712 polymorphism within let-7 microRNA-binding site might be involved in the initiation and progression of colorectal cancer in chinese population. Onco Targets Ther 2015; 8:3041-3045.
11. Du XY, Hu YY, Xie C, Deng CY, Liu CY, Luo ZG, et al. Significant association between Let-7-KRAS rs712 G > T polymorphism and cancer risk in the chinese population: a meta-analysis. Oncotarget 2017; 8:13863-13871.
12. Chan SH, Wang LH. Regulation of cancer metastasis by microRNAs. J Biomed Sci 2015; 22:9-21.
13. Miller SA, Dykes DD, Polesky HF. A simple salting out procedure for extracting DNA from human nucleated cells. Nucleic Acids Res 1988; 16:1215-1216.
14. Li ZH, Pan XM, Han BW, Guo XM, Zhang Z, Jia J, et al. A let-7 binding site polymorphism rs712 in the KRAS 3’ UTR is associated with an increased risk of gastric cancer. Tumour Biol 2013; 34:3159-3163.
15. Sanguinetti CJ, Dias E, Simpson AJ. Rapid silver staining and recovery of PCR products separated on polyacrylamide gels. Biotechniques 1994; 17:914-921.
16. Zhang W, Winder T, Ning Y, Pohl A, Yang D, Kahn M, et al. A let-7 microRNA-binding site polymorphism in 3’-untranslated region of KRAS gene predicts response in wild-type KRAS patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with cetuximab monotherapy. Ann Oncol 2011; 22:104-109.
17. Schulte PA, Whittaker C, Curran CP. Considerations for using genetic and epigenetic information in occupational health risk assessment and standard setting. J Occup Environ Hyg 2015; 12:69-81.
18. Sanaei S, Hashemi M, Eskandari E, Hashemi SM, Bahari G. KRAS gene polymorphisms and their impact on breast cancer risk in an iranian population. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2017; 18:1301-1305.
19. Yu F, Yao H, Zhu P, Zhang X, Pan Q, Gong C, et al. Let-7 regulates self renewal and tumorigenicity of breast cancer cells. Cell 2007; 131:1109-1123.
20. Cong T, Xiang D. KRAS mutation testing in metastatic colorectal cancer. World J Gastroenterol 2012; 18:5171-5180.
21. Deschoolmeester V, Baay M, Specenier P, Lardon F, Vermorken JB. A review of the most promising biomarkers in colorectal cancer: one step closer to targeted therapy. Oncologist 2010; 15:699-731.
22. Akao Y, Nakagawa Y, Naoe T. let-7 microRNA functions as a potential growth suppressor in human colon cancer cells. Biol Pharm Bull 2006; 29:903-906.
23. Dong Y, Yu J, Ng SS. MicroRNA dysregulation as a prognostic biomarker in colorectal cancer. Cancer Manag Res 2014; 6:405-422.
24. Singh R, Mo YY. Role of microRNAs in breast cancer. Cancer Biol Ther 2013; 14:201-212.
25. Pinedo HM, Peters GF. Fluorouracil: biochemistry and pharmacology. J Clin Oncol 1988; 6:1653-1664.
26. Ryan R, Gibbons D, Hyland JM, Treanor D, White A, Mulcahy HE, et al. Pathological response following long-course neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced rectal cancer. Histopathology 2005; 47:141-146.