1. Martinez-Salgado C, López-Hernández FJ, López-Novoa JM. Glomerular nephrotoxicity of aminoglycosides. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2007;223:86-98.
2. Balakumar P, Rohilla A, Thangathirupathi A. Gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity: do we have a promising therapeutic approach to blunt it? Pharmacol Res 2010; 62:179-186.
3. Lopez-Novoa JM, Quiros Y, Vicente L, Morales AI, Lopez-Hernandez FJ. New insights into the mechanism of aminoglycoside nephrotoxicity: an integrative point of view. Kidney Int 2011; 79:33-45.
4. Ehsani V, Amirteimoury M, Taghipour Z, Shamsizadeh A, Bazmandegan G, Rahnama A, et al. Protective effect of hydroalcoholic extract of Pistacia vera against gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Ren Fail 2017; 39:519-525.
5. Lakshmi B, Neelima N, Kasthuri N, Umarani V, Sudhakar M. Protective effect of Bauhinia purpurea on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Indian J Pharm Sci 2009; 71:551-554.
6.Valipour P, Heidarian E, Khoshdel A, Gholami-Arjenaki M. Protective effects of hydroalcoholic extract of Ferulago angulata against gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Iran J Kidney Dis 2016;10:189-196.
7. Safa J, Argani H, Bastani B, Nezami N, Ardebili BR, Ghorbanihaghjo A, et al. Protective effect of grape seed extract on gentamicin-induced acute kidney injury. Iran J Kidney Dis 2010; 4:285-291.
8. Lakshmi B, Sudhakar M. Protective effect of Zingiber officinale on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Int J Pharmacol 2010; 6:58-62.
9. Ajami M, Eghtesadi S, Pazoki-Toroudi H, Habibey R, Ebrahimi SA. Effect of Crocus sativus on gentamicin induced nephrotoxicity. Biol Res 2010; 43:83-90.
10. Khan SA, Priyamvada S, Farooq N, Khan S, Khan MW, Yusufi AN. Protective effect of green tea extract on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity and oxidative damage in rat kidney. Pharmacol Res 2009; 59:254-262.
11. Yarijani ZM, Najafi H, Madani SH. Protective effect of crocin on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2016; 19:337-343.
12. Boroushaki MT, Sadeghnia HR. Protective effect of safranal against gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rat. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2015; 34:285-288.
13. Boroushaki MT, Asadpour E, Sadeghnia HR, Dolati K. Effect of pomegranate seed oil against gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rat. J Food Sci Technol 2014; 51:3510-3514.
14. Dorsey JF, Kao GD. Aloe (-emodin) for cancer? More than just a comforting salve. Cancer Biol Ther 2007; 6:89-90.
15. Hosseini A, Mollazadeh H, Amiri MS, Sadeghnia HR, Ghorbani A. Effects of a standardized extract of Rheum turkestanicum Janischew root on diabetic changes in the kidney, liver and heart of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Biomed Pharmacother 2017; 86:605-611.
16. Hosseini A, Rajabian A. Protective effect of Rheum turkestanikum root against doxorubicin-induced toxicity in H9c2 cells. Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia 2016; 26:347-351.
17. Alam MA, Javed K, Jafri M. Effect of Rheum emodi (Revand Hindi) on renal functions in rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2005; 96:121-125.
18. Masson P, Ohlsson P, Björkhem I. Combined enzymic-Jaffé method for determination of creatinine in serum. Clin Chem 1981; 27:18-21.
19. Lott JA, Turner K. Evaluation of Trinder’s glucose oxidase method for measuring glucose in serum and urine. Clin Chem 1975; 21:1754-60.
20. McElderry L, Tarbit I, Cassells-Smith A. Six methods for urinary protein compared. Clin Chem 1982; 28:356-60.
21. Fernández J, Pérez-Álvarez JA, Fernández-López JA. Thiobarbituric acid test for monitoring lipid oxidation in meat. Food Chem 1997; 59:345-53.
22. Hosseinzadeh H, Sadeghnia HR, Ziaee T, Danaee A. Protective effect of aqueous saffron extract (Crocus sativus L.) and crocin, its active constituent, on renal ischemia-reperfusion-induced oxidative damage in rats. J Pharm Pharm Sci 2005; 8:387-393.
23. Oda SS, El-Ashmawy IM. Protective effect of silymarin on mercury-induced acute nephro-hepatotoxicity in rats. Global Veterinaria 2012; 9:376-383.
24. Banday AA, Farooq N, Priyamvada S, Yusufi AN, Khan F. Time dependent effects of gentamicin on the enzymes of carbohydrate metabolism, brush border membrane and oxidative stress in rat kidney tissues. Life Sci 2008; 82:450-459.
25. Xie J, Talaska AE, Schacht J. New developments in aminoglycoside therapy and ototoxicity. Hear Res 2011; 281:28-37.
26. Riff LJ, Jackson GG. Pharmacology of gentamicin in man. J Infect Dis 1971; 124:S98-S105.
27. Sahu BD, Tatireddy S, Koneru M, Borkar RM, Kumar JM, Kuncha M, et al. Naringin ameliorates gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity and associated mitochondrial dysfunction, apoptosis and inflammation in rats: possible mechanism of nephroprotection. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2014; 277:8-20.
28. Alarifi S, Al-Doaiss A, Alkahtani S, Al-Farraj S, Al-Eissa MS, Al-Dahmash B, et al. Blood chemical changes and renal histological alterations induced by gentamicin in rats. Saudi J Biol Sci 2012; 19:103-110.
29. Sahu BD, Kuncha M, Putcha UK, Sistla R. Effect of metformin against cisplatin induced acute renal injury in rats: a biochemical and histoarchitectural evaluation. Exp Toxicol Pathol 2013; 65:933-940.
30. Biswas D, Rathod NS, Halagali K, Nidavani R, Shalavadi M, Biradar B, et al. Protective effect of Punica granatum l. on gentamicin-induced acute renal failure in adult rats. Res J Pharmacol Pharmacodyn 2016; 8:161-167.
31. Dehghan H, Salehi P, Amiri MS. Bioassay-guided purification of α-amylase, α-glucosidase inhibitors and DPPH radical scavengers from roots of Rheum turkestanicum. Ind Crops Prod 2018; 117: 303-309.
32. Mishra SK, Tiwari S, Shrivastava A, Srivastava S, Boudh GK, Chourasia SK, et al. Antidyslipidemic effect and antioxidant activity of anthraquinone derivatives from Rheum emodi rhizomes in dyslipidemic rats. J Nat Med 2014; 68:363-371.
33. Chai YY, Wang F, Li YL, Liu K, Xu H. Antioxidant activities of stilbenoids from Rheum emodi Wall. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012; 2012:603678.
34. Yokozawa T, Fujioka K, Oura H, Nonaka G-i, Nishioka I. Effects of rhubarb tannins on uremic toxins. Nephron 1991; 58:155-160.
35. Yokozawa T, Nakagawa T, Lee Ki, Cho Ej, Terasawa K, Takeuchi S. Effects of green tea tannin on cisplatin‐induced nephropathy in LLC‐PK1 cells and rats. J Pharm Pharmacol 1999; 51:1325-1331.
36. Boroushaki MT, Mollazadeh H, Rajabian A, Dolati K, Hosseini A, Paseban M, et al. Protective effect of pomegranate seed oil against mercuric chloride-induced nephrotoxicity in rat. Ren Fail 2014; 36: 1581–1586