1. Whiting DR, Guariguata L, Weil C, Shaw J. IDF diabetes atlas: global estimates of the prevalence of diabetes for 2011 and 2030. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2011; 94:311-321.
2. Moezi L, Arshadi SS, Motazedian T, Seradj SH, Dehghani F. Anti-diabetic effects of amygdalus lycioides spach in streptozocin-induced diabetic rats. Iran J Pharm Res 2018; 17:353-364.
3. Ahangarpour A, Alboghobeish S, Rezaei M, Khodayar MJ, Oroojan AA, Zainvand M. Evaluation of diabetogenic mechanism of high fat diet in combination with arsenic exposure in male mice. Iran J Pharm Res 2018; 17:164-183.
4. Liu Q, Liu S, Gao L, Sun S, Huan Y, Li C, et al. Anti-diabetic effects and mechanisms of action of a chinese herbal medicine preparation JQ-R in vitro and in diabetic KK(Ay) mice. Acta Pharm Sin B 2017; 7:461-469.
5. Kourtoglou GI. Insulin therapy and exercise. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2011; 93:73-77.
6. Im K, Kim J, Min H. Ginseng, the natural effectual antiviral: Protective effects of korean red ginseng against viral infection. J Ginseng Res 2016; 40:309-314.
7. Park TY, Hong M, Sung H, Kim S, Suk KT. Effect of korean red ginseng in chronic liver disease. J Ginseng Res 2017; 41:450-455.
8. Shin BK, Kwon SW, Park JH. Chemical diversity of ginseng saponins from Panax ginseng. J Ginseng Res 2015; 39:287-298.
9. Dey L, Xie JT, Wang A, Wu J, Maleckar SA, Yuan CS. Anti-hyperglycemic effects of ginseng: comparison between root and berry. Phytomedicine 2003; 10:600-605.
10. Choi HS, Kim S, Kim MJ, Kim MS, Kim J, Park CW, et al. Efficacy and safety of Panax ginseng berry extract on glycemic control: a 12-wk randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled clinical trial. J Ginseng Res 2018; 42:90-97.
11. Leung KW, Wong AS. Pharmacology of ginsenosides: a literature review. Chin Med 2010; 5:20-27.
12.Wang J, Wan R, Mo Y, Zhang Q, Sherwood LC, Chien S. Creating a long-term diabetic rabbit model. Exp Diabetes Res 2010; 2010:289614-289624.
13. Pundir CS, Chawla S. Determination of glycated hemoglobin with special emphasis on biosensing methods. Anal Biochem 2014; 444:47-56.
14. Karalliedde J, Gnudi L. Diabetes mellitus, a complex and heterogeneous disease, and the role of insulin resistance as a determinant of diabetic kidney disease. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2016; 31:206-213.
15. Bang H, Kwak JH, Ahn HY, Shin DY, Lee JH. Korean red ginseng improves glucose control in subjects with impaired fasting glucose, impaired glucose tolerance, or newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Med Food 2014; 17:128-134.
16. Shishtar E, Sievenpiper JL, Djedovic V, Cozma AI, Ha V, Jayalath VH, et al. The effect of ginseng (the genus panax) on glycemic control: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled clinical trials. PLoS One 2014; 9:107391-107402.
17. Jang SH, Park J, Kim SH, Choi KM, Ko ES, Cha JD, et al. Red ginseng powder fermented with probiotics exerts antidiabetic effects in the streptozotocin-induced mouse diabetes model. Pharm Biol 2017; 55:317-323.
18. Guerrero-Romero F, Flores-Garcia A, Saldana-Guerrero S, Simental-Mendia LE, Rodriguez-Moran M. Obesity and hypomagnesemia. Eur J Intern Med 2016; 34:29-33.
19. Volpe SL, Lemon VR. Hypomagnesemia and Oxidative Stress. In: Salvadó J, editor. Gastrointestinal Tissue: Academic Press; 2017. p. 311-316.
20. Callaway DW, Shapiro NI, Donnino MW, Baker C, Rosen CL. Serum lactate and base deficit as predictors of mortality in normotensive elderly blunt trauma patients. J Trauma 2009; 66:1040-1044.
21. Crawford SO, Hoogeveen RC, Brancati FL, Astor BC, Ballantyne CM, Schmidt MI, et al. Association of blood lactate with type 2 diabetes: the atherosclerosis risk in communities carotid MRI study. Int J Epidemiol 2010; 39:1647-1655.
22. Jayanthi R, Srinivasan AR, Gopal N, Ramaswamy R. Association of divalent cations and insulin resistance with thyroid hormones in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Metab Syndr 2017; 2:885-890.
23. Levi Y, Jeroukhimov I, Peleg K, Rozenfeld M, Shavit I, Kozer E. Base excess as a predictor for injury severity in pediatric trauma patients. J Emerg Med 2013; 45:496-501.
24. Ferreruela M, Raurich JM, Ayestaran I, Llompart-Pou JA. Hyperlactatemia in ICU patients: Incidence, causes and associated mortality. J Crit Care 2017; 42:200-205.
25. Martin RS, Shah S, Meredith JW, Chang MC. Base deficit is superior to lactate in predicting mortality in trauma patients. Crit Care Med 2000 ; 28:148-148.
26. Konstantinov NK, Rohrscheib M, Agaba EI, Dorin RI, Murata GH, Tzamaloukas AH. Respiratory failure in diabetic ketoacidosis. World J Diabetes 2015; 6:1009-1023.
27. Westerberg DP. Diabetic ketoacidosis: evaluation and treatment. Am Fam Physician 2013; 87:337-346.
28.Igami K, Shimojo Y, Ito H, Miyazaki T, Nakano F, Kashiwada Y. Fermented ginseng contains an agonist of peroxisome proliferator activated receptors α and γ. J Med Food 2016; 19:817-822.
29. Choi KT. Botanical characteristics, pharmacological effects and medicinal components of korean Panax ginseng C A meyer. Acta Pharmacol Sin 2008; 29:1109-1118.
30. Lee JH, Min DS, Lee CW, Song KH, Kim YS, Kim HP. Ginsenosides from korean red ginseng ameliorate lung inflammatory responses: inhibition of the MAPKs/NF-κB/c-Fos pathways. J Ginseng Res 2017; 42:476-484.
31. Saltiel AR, Kahn CR. Insulin signalling and the regulation of glucose and lipid metabolism. Nature 2001; 414:799-806.
32. Go HK, Rahman MM, Kim GB, Na CS, Song CH, Kim JS, et al. Antidiabetic effects of yam (Dioscorea batatas) and its active constituent, allantoin, in a rat model of streptozotocin-induced diabetes. Nutrients 2015; 7:8532-8544.
33. Kim JH. Cardiovascular diseases and Panax ginseng: a review on molecular mechanisms and medical applications. J Ginseng Res 2012; 36:16-26.
34. Lee CH, Kim JH. A review on the medicinal potentials of ginseng and ginsenosides on cardiovascular diseases. J Ginseng Res 2014; 38:161-166.
35. Kim HJ, Lee SG, Chae IG, Kim MJ, Im NK, Yu MH, et al. Antioxidant effects of fermented red ginseng extracts in streptozotocin- induced diabetic rats. J Ginseng Res 2011; 35:129-137.
36. Gum SI, Cho MK. Korean red ginseng extract prevents APAP-induced hepatotoxicity through metabolic enzyme regulation: the role of ginsenoside Rg3, a protopanaxadiol. Liver Int 2013; 33:1071-1084.
37. Lee MS, Kim CT, Kim IH, Kim Y. Effects of korean red ginseng extract on hepatic lipid accumulation in HepG2 cells. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 2015; 79:816-819.
38. Arnouts P, Bolignano D, Nistor I, Bilo H, Gnudi L, Heaf J, et al. Glucose-lowering drugs in patients with chronic kidney disease: a narrative review on pharmacokinetic properties. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2014; 29:1284-1300.
39. Lee YK, Chin YW, Choi YH. Effects of korean red ginseng extract on acute renal failure induced by gentamicin and pharmacokinetic changes by metformin in rats. Food Chem Toxicol 2013; 59:153-159.
40. Basha MP, Saumya SM. Influence of fluoride on streptozotocin induced diabetic nephrotoxicity in mice: protective role of Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng) & banaba (Lagerstroemia speciosa) on mitochondrial oxidative stress. Indian J Med Res 2013; 137:370-379.
41. Okada H, Hasegawa G, Tanaka M, Osaka T, Shiotsu Y, Narumiya H, et al. Association between hemoglobin concentration and the progression or development of albuminuria in diabetic kidney disease. PLoS One 2015; 10:0129192-0129203.
42. Harita N, Hayashi T, Sato KK, Nakamura Y, Yoneda T, Endo G, et al. Lower serum creatinine is a new risk factor of type 2 diabetes: the kansai healthcare study. Diabetes Care 2009; 32:424-426.
43. Kang J, Lee N, Ahn Y, Lee H. Study on improving blood flow with korean red ginseng substances using digital infrared thermal imaging and doppler sonography: randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial with parallel design. J Tradit Chin Med 2013; 33:39-45.