1. Ajay M, Gilani A-uH, Mustafa MR. Effects of flavonoids on vascular smooth muscle of the isolated rat thoracic aorta. Life Sci 2003; 74:603-612.
2. Dinda B, SilSarma I, Dinda M, Rudrapaul P. Oroxylum indicum (L.) Kurz, an important Asian traditional medicine: from traditional uses to scientific data for its commercial exploitation. J Ethnopharmacol 2015; 161:255-278.
3. Reina E, Al-Shibani N, Allam E, Gregson KS, Kowolik M, Windsor LJ. The effects of Plantago major on the activation of the neutrophil respiratory burst. J Tradit Complement Med 2013; 3:268-272.
4. Vaadala S, Ponneri N, Karnam VS, Pamuru RR. Baicalein, a flavonoid, causes prolonged estrus and suppressed fertility output upon prenatal exposure in female mice. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2019;22:452.
5. Dijiong W, Xiaowen W, Linlong X, Wenbin L, Huijin H, Baodong Y, Yuhong Z. Iron chelation effect of curcumin and baicalein on aplastic anemia mouse model with iron overload. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2019; 22:660-668.
6. Li W, Du L, Li M. Alkaloids and flavonoids as α1-adrenergic receptor antagonists. Curr Med Chem 2011; 18:4923-4932.
7. Park KS, Chang I-M. Anti-inflammatory activity of aucubin by inhibition of tumor necrosis factor-α production in RAW 264.7 cells. Planta medica 2004; 70:778-779.
8. Zhou Y-j, Wang H, Sui H-h, Li L, Zhou C-l, Huang J-j. Inhibitory effect of baicalin on allergic response in ovalbumin-induced allergic rhinitis guinea pigs and lipopolysaccharide-stimulated human mast cells. Inflamm Res 2016; 65:603-612.
9. Barnes PJ. Pharmacology of airway smooth muscle. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1998; 158:123-132.
10. Huang Y, Tsang S-Y, Yao X, Chen Z-Y. Biological properties of baicalein in cardiovascular system. Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets 2005; 5:177-184.
11. Clark JD, Gebhart GF, Gonder JC, Keeling ME, Kohn DF. The 1996 guide for the care and use of laboratory animals. ILAR J 1997; 38:41-48.
12. Saadat S, Naghdi F, Ghorani V, Rakhshandeh H, Boskabady MH. Histamine (H1) receptors, cyclooxygenase pathway and nitric oxide formation involved in rat tracheal smooth muscle relaxant effect of berberine. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 2019; 18: 320-331.
13. Saadat S, Yasavoli M, Gholamnezhad Z, Aslani MR, Boskabady MH. The relaxant effect of crocin on rat tracheal smooth muscle and its possible mechanisms. Iran J Pharm Res 2019; 18:1358-1370.
14. Chen Z-Y, Su Y-L, Lau C-W, Law W-I, Huang Y. Endothelium-dependent contraction and direct relaxation induced by baicalein in rat mesenteric artery. Eur J Pharmacol 1999; 374:41-47.
15. Mokhtari-Zaer A, Khazdair MR, Boskabady MH. Smooth muscle relaxant activity of Crocus sativus (saffron) and its constituents: possible mechanisms. Avicenna J Phytomed 2015; 5:365-375.
16. Kimata M, Shichijo M, Miura T, Serizawa I, Inagaki N, Nagai H. Effects of luteolin, quercetin and baicalein on immunoglobulin E-mediated mediator release from human cultured mast cells. Clin Exp Allergy 2000; 30:501-508.
17. Prasad R, Lawania RD, Gupta R. Role of herbs in the management of asthma. Pharmacogn Rev 2009; 3:247.
18. Huang Y, Wong CM, Lau C-W, Yao X, Tsang SY, Su YL, et al. Inhibition of nitric oxide/cyclic GMP-mediated relaxation by purified flavonoids, baicalin and baicalein, in rat aortic rings. Biochem Pharmacol 2004; 67:787-794.
19. Chen B, Senthilkumar R, Rong F, Guo Q. Cardioprotective potential of baicalein: A short review of in vitro and in vivo studies. Pharm Anal Acta 2014; 5:280-284.