1. Kang N, Lee J-H, Lee W, Ko J-Y, Kim E-A, Kim J-S, et al. Gallic acid isolated from Spirogyra sp. improves cardiovascular disease through a vasorelaxant and antihypertensive effect. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015; 39: 764-772.
2. Dianat M, Radan M, Badavi M, Sarkaki A. The evaluation of inotropic properties and antidysrhythmic effect of vanillic acid and exercise on CaCl2-induced arrhythmia in young and aged rats. RJPBCS. 2014;5:1545.
3. Zern TL, Fernandez ML. Cardioprotective effects of dietary polyphenols. J Nutr. 2005;135:2291-2294.
4. Balasundaram K, Masse S, Nair K, Umapathy K. A classification scheme for ventricular arrhythmias using wavelets analysis. Med Biol Eng Comput. 2013; 51:153-164.
5. John RM, Tedrow UB, Koplan BA, Albert CM, Epstein LM, Sweeney MO, et al. Ventricular arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death. Lancet. 2012; 380: 1520-1529.
6. Khori V NM. Effect of Artemisia absinthium on electrophysiological properties of isolated heart of rats. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2007; 4:303-311.
7. Marquez MF, Bonny A, Hernandez-Castillo E, De Sisti A, Gomez-Flores J, Nava S, et al. Long-term efficacy of low doses of quinidine on malignant arrhythmias in Brugada syndrome with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator: A case series and literature review. Heart Rhythm. 2012; 9: 1995-2000.
8. Katzung BG. Basic & clinical pharmacology. 11th ed. Tehran, arjmand book: arjmandpub; 2009. 300- 331.
9. Van Herendael H, Dorian P. Amiodarone for the treatment and prevention of ventricular fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2010; 6: 465-472.
10. Topliss J, Clark A, Ernst E, Hufford C, Johnston G, Rimoldi J, et al. Natural and synthetic substances related to human health (IUPAC Technical Report). Pure Appl Chem. 2002; 74: 1957-1985.
11. Kumar S, Saini M, Kumar V, Prakash O, Arya R, Rana M, et al. Traditional medicinal plants curing diabetes: A promise for today and tomorrow. Asian J Tradit Med. 2012; 7:178-188.
12. Zhang H-Y, Wang L-F. Theoretical elucidation on structure–antioxidant activity relationships for indolinonic hydroxylamines. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2002; 12: 225-227.
13. Prince PSM, Priscilla H, Devika PT. Gallic acid prevents lysosomal damage in isoproterenol induced cardiotoxicity in Wistar rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009; 615:139-143.
14. Kawada M, Ohno Y, Ri Y, Ikoma T, Yuugetu H, Asai T, et al. Anti-tumor effect of gallic acid on LL-2 lung cancer cells transplanted in mice. anti-Cancer Drug . 2001;12: 847-852.
15. Choubey S, Varughese LR, Kumar V, Beniwal V. Medicinal importance of gallic acid and its ester derivatives: a patent review. Pharm Pat Anal. 2015; 4:305-315.
16. Kim S-H, Jun C-D, Suk K, Choi B-J, Lim H, Park S, et al. Gallic acid inhibits histamine release and pro-inflammatory cytokine production in mast cells. Toxicol Sci. 2005; 91:123-131.
17. Chanwitheesuk A, Teerawutgulrag A, Kilburn JD, Rakariyatham N. Antimicrobial gallic acid from Caesalpinia mimosoides Lamk. Food Chem. 2007;100: 1044-1048.
18. Wang K, Zhu X, Zhang K, Zhu L, Zhou F. Investigation of gallic acid induced anticancer effect in human breast carcinoma MCF‐7 cells. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2014; 28: 387-393.
19. Sen S, Asokkumar K, Umamaheswari M, Sivashanmugam A, Subhadradevi V. Antiulcerogenic effect of gallic acid in rats and its effect on oxidant and antioxidant parameters in stomach tissue. Indian J Pharm Sci. 2013; 75:149-155.
20. Huang D-W, Chang W-C, Wu JS-B, Shih R-W, Shen S-C. Gallic acid ameliorates hyperglycemia and improves hepatic carbohydrate metabolism in rats fed a high-fructose diet. Nutr Res. 2016; 36:150-160.
21. Chao J, Huo T-I, Cheng H-Y, Tsai J-C, Liao J-W, Lee M-S, et al. Gallic acid ameliorated impaired glucose and lipid homeostasis in high fat diet-induced NAFLD mice. PloS One. 2014; 9: e96969.
22. Mansouri MT, Farbood Y, Sameri MJ, Sarkaki A, Naghizadeh B, Rafeirad M. Neuroprotective effects of oral gallic acid against oxidative stress induced by 6-hydroxydopamine in rats. Food Chem. 2013; 138:1028-1033.
23. Priscilla DH, Prince PS. Cardioprotective effect of gallic acid on cardiac troponin-T, cardiac marker enzymes, lipid peroxidation products and antioxidants in experimentally induced myocardial infarction in Wistar rats. Chem-Biol Interact. 2009; 179:118-124.
24. Appeldoorn CC, Bonnefoy A, Lutters BC, Daenens K, van Berkel TJ, Hoylaerts MF, et al. Gallic acid antagonizes P-selectin–mediated platelet–leukocyte interactions: Implications for the French paradox. Circulation. 2005; 111:106-112.
25. Jin L, Lin MQ, Piao ZH, Cho JY, Kim GR, Choi SY, et al. Gallic acid attenuates hypertension, cardiac remodeling, and fibrosis in mice with NG-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester-induced hypertension via regulation of histone deacetylase 1 or histone deacetylase 2. J Hypertens. 2017; 35:1502-1512.
26.Kee HJ, Cho S-N, Kim GR, Choi SY, Ryu Y, Kim IK, et al. Gallic acid inhibits vascular calcification through the blockade of BMP2–Smad1/5/8 signaling pathway. Vasc Pharmacol. 2014; 63:71-78.
27. Stanely Mainzen Prince P, Priscilla H, Devika PT. Gallic acid prevents lysosomal damage in isoproterenol induced cardiotoxicity in Wistar rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009; 615:139-143.
28. De Binay K, Majumdar D, Das D, Biswas PK, Mandal SK, Ray S, et al. Cardiac dysfunction in portal hypertension among patients with cirrhosis and non-cirrhotic portal fibrosis. J Hepatol. 2003;39:315-319.
29. Badavi M, Barzegar F, Dianat M, Mard SA. Evaluation of the Effect of gallic acid on QT interval prolongation and serum billirubin in rat model of liver cirrhosis. RJPBCS. 2016; 7: 586-592.
30. Kulkarni J, Swamy AV. Cardioprotective effect of gallic acid against doxorubicin-induced myocardial toxicity in albino rats. Indian J Health Sci Biomed Res (KLEU). 2015; 8: 28.
31. Chang SS, Lee VS, Tseng YL, Chang KC, Chen KB, Chen YL, et al. Gallic acid attenuates platelet activation and platelet-leukocyte aggregation: involving pathways of Akt and GSK3beta. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med: eCAM. 2012; 2012: 683872.
32. Jang A, Srinivasan P, Lee N, Song H, Lee J, Lee M, et al. Comparison of hypolipidemic activity of synthetic gallic acid-linoleic acid ester with mixture of gallic acid and linoleic acid, gallic acid, and linoleic acid on high-fat diet induced obesity in C57BL/6 Cr Slc mice. Chem Biol Interact. 2008; 174: 109-117.
33. Khori V NM, Mir - Abbasi A. Ouabaine like effects of ethanolic extract of aerial parts of Urtica dioica L. on isolated rabbit atrioventricular node: potential role as an anti – arrhythmic. J Med Plants 2008; 7: 24-32.
34. Najafi M VH, Zahednezhad F, Samadzadeh M, and Babaei H. Study the effects of hydroalcoholic extract of grape seed (Vitis vinifera) on infarct size and cardiac arrhythmias in ischemic-reperfused isolated rat heart. Pharm Sci. 2011; 16: 187-194.
35.Jang A, Srinivasan P, Lee NY, Song HP, Lee JW, Lee M, et al. Comparison of hypolipidemic activity of synthetic gallic acid-linoleic acid ester with mixture of gallic acid and linoleic acid, gallic acid, and linoleic acid on high-fat diet induced obesity in C57BL/6 Cr Slc mice. Chem Biol Interact. 2008; 174: 109-117.
36. Badavi M, Sadeghi N, Dianat M, Samarbafzadeh A. Effects of gallic Acid and cyclosporine a on antioxidant capacity and cardiac markers of rat isolated heart after ischemia/reperfusion. Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2014; 16. e16424.
37. Dianat M, Sadeghi N, Badavi M, Panahi M, Moghadam MT. Protective effects of co-administration of gallic Acid and cyclosporine on rat myocardial morphology against ischemia/reperfusion. Jundishapur J Nat Pharm Prod. 2014; 9. e17186.
38. Zhao G, Gao H, Qiu J, Lu W, X W. The molecular mechanism of protective effects of grape seed Proanthocyanidin extract on reperfusion arrhythmias in rats in vivo. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010; 33: 759-762.
39. Somova L, Shode F, Mipando M. Cardiotonic and antidysrhythmic effects of oleanolic and ursolic acids, methyl maslinate and uvaol. Phytomedicine. 2004; 11: 121-129.
40. Triesscheijn M, Ruevekamp M, Aalders M, Baas P, Stewart FA. Comparative sensitivity of microvascular endothelial cells, fibroblasts and tumor cells after in vitro photodynamic therapy with meso-tetra-hydroxyphenyl-chlorin. Photochem Photobiol. 2004; 80: 236-241.
41. Kim SH, Jun CD, Suk K, Choi BJ, Lim H, Park S, et al. Gallic acid inhibits histamine release and pro-inflammatory cytokine production in mast cells. Toxicol Sci. 2006;91:123-131.
42. Wang DW, Mistry AM, Kahlig KM, Kearney JA, Xiang J, George AL, Jr. Propranolol blocks cardiac and neuronal voltage-gated sodium channels. Front Pharmacol. 2010; 1:144.
43. Punnam SR, Goyal SK, Kotaru VP, Pachika AR, Abela GS, Thakur RK. Amiodarone - a ‘broad spectrum’ antiarrhythmic drug. Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets. 2010; 10: 73-81.