1. Yang B, Zhang J, Qi Y, Wang P, Jiang R, Li H. Assessment on occurrences of depression and anxiety and associated risk factors in the infertile chinese men. Am J Mens Health 2017;11:767-74.
2. Cao H-M, Wan Z, Gao Y, Zhang J-L, Zhang Y, Xiao H-P, et al. Psychological burden prediction based on demographic variables among infertile men with sexual dysfunction. Asian J Androl 2018; 14:15-23.
3. Eisenberg ML, Li S, Cullen MR, Baker LC. Increased risk of incident chronic medical conditions in infertile men: analysis of United States claims data. Fertil Steril. 2016;105:629-636.
4. Brubaker W, Li S, Baker L, Eisenberg M. Increased risk of autoimmune disorders in infertile men: analysis of US claims data. Andrology. 2018;6:94-98.
5. Chan CC, Sun GH, Shui HA, Wu GJ. Differential spermatozoal protein expression profiles in men with varicocele compared with control subjects: upregulation of heat shock proteins 70 and 90 in varicocele. Urology. 2013;81:1379. 1-. 8.
6. Smith R, Kaune H, Parodi D, Madariaga M, Ríos R, Morales I, et al. Increased sperm DNA damage in patients with varicocele: relationship with seminal oxidative stress. Hum Reprod. 2005;21:986-993.
7. Melgarejo M, Mendiola J, Moñino-García M, Cabezas-Herrera J, Tovar-Zapata I, Noguera-Velasco JA, et al. Associations between oxidative stress biomarkers in different body fluids and reproductive parameters in male partners of subfertile couples. Rev Int Androl.2016;14:46-52.
8. Pasqualotto FF, Sundaram A, Sharma RK, Borges Jr E, Pasqualotto EB, Agarwal A. Semen quality and oxidative stress scores in fertile and infertile patients with varicocele. Fertil Steril.. 2008;89:602-607.
9. Yoshikawa T, Naito Y. What is oxidative stress? Japan Med Asso J 2002;45:271-276.
10. Li G, Xie Z-Z, Chua JM, Wong P, Bian J. Hydrogen sulfide protects testicular germ cells against heat-induced injury. Nitric Oxide. 2015;46:165-171.
11. Azizi F, Seifi B, Kadkhodaee M, Ahghari P. Administration of hydrogen sulfide protects ischemia reperfusion-induced acute kidney injury by reducing the oxidative stress. Ir J Med Sci 2016;185:649-654.
12. Guo S, Duan Z, Zhou Q, Lv Z, He F, Liu J. Hydrogen sulfide ameliorates renal function in cirrhotic rats. Int J Clin Exp Med. 2018;11:246-253.
13. Askari H, Seifi B, Kadkhodaee M, Sanadgol N, Elshiekh M, Ranjbaran M, et al. Protective effects of hydrogen sulfide on chronic kidney disease by reducing oxidative stress, inflammation and apoptosis. EXCLI. 2018;17:14-20.
14. Turner T. The study of varicocele through the use of animal models. Hum Reprod Update. 2001;7:78-84.
15. Missassi G, dos Santos Borges C, de Lima Rosa J, Villela e Silva P, da Cunha Martins A, Barbosa F, et al. Chrysin administration protects against oxidative damage in varicocele-induced adult rats. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2017;2017.
16. Mohammadi P, Hassani Bafrani H, Tavalaee M, Dattilo M, Nasr‐Esfahani MH. One‐carbon cycle support rescues sperm damages in experimentally induced varicocele in rats. BJU 2018; 10:12-19.
17. Organization WH. WHO laboratory manual for the examination and processing of human semen. 2010.
18. Momeni HR, Eskandari N. Effect of vitamin E on sperm parameters and DNA integrity in sodium arsenite-treated rats. Iran J Reprod Med 2012;10:249-255.
19. Esterbauer H, Cheeseman KH. Determination of aldehydic lipid peroxidation products: malonaldehyde and 4-hydroxynonenal. Methods Enzymol 186: Elsevier; 1990. 407-421.
20. Paoletti F, Mocali A. Determination of superoxide dismutase activity by purely chemical system based on NAD (P) H oOxidation. Methods Enzymol 186: Elsevier; 1990. 209-220.
21. Pellow S, File SE. Anxiolytic and anxiogenic drug effects on exploratory activity in an elevated plus-maze: a novel test of anxiety in the rat. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior 1986;24:525-529.
22. Li S, Tan HY, Wang N, Zhang ZJ, Lao L, Wong CW, et al. The role of oxidative stress and antioxidants in liver diseases. Int J Mol Sci 2015;16:26087-26124.
23. Cameron NE, Gibson TM, Nangle MR, Cotter MA. Inhibitors of advanced glycation end product formation and neurovascular dysfunction in experimental diabetes. Ann N Y Acad Sci 2005;1043:784-792.
24. Pasupulati AK, Chitra PS, Reddy GB. Advanced glycation end products mediated cellular and molecular events in the pathology of diabetic nephropathy. Bio Con J 2016;7:293-309.
25. Zhang H, Li M, Jin W, San P, Xu P, Pan S. The left renal entrapment syndrome: diagnosis and treatment. Ann Vasc Surg. 2007;21:198-203.
26. Takemura T, Iwasa H, Yamamoto S, Hino S, Fukushima K, Isokawa S, et al. Clinical and radiological features in four adolescents with nutcracker syndrome. Pedia Nephro J 2000;14:1002-1005.
27. Ko KW, Chae JY, Kim SW, Moon DG, Kim JJ, Yoon DK, et al. The effect of the partial obstruction site of the renal vein on testis and kidney in rats: is the traditional animal model suitable for varicocele research? Korean J Urol 2010;51:565-571.
28. Ketabchi AA. The Relationship of Varicocele and Mental Health. Medicine J 2015;1:53-56.
29. Luo DY, Yang G, Liu JJ, Yang YR, Dong Q. Effects of varicocele on testosterone, apoptosis and expression of StAR mRNA in rat Leydig cells. Asian J Andro 2011;13:287-292.
30. McDermott CM, Liu D, Schrader LA. Role of gonadal hormones in anxiety and fear memory formation and inhibition in male mice. Phy Behavior J 2012;105:1168-1174.