1. Zhou C, Yao LD. Strategies to Improve Outcomes of Patients with EGRF-Mutant Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Review of the Literature. J Thorac Oncol. 2016;11:174-186.
2. Chen KY, Chen JH, Shih JY, Yang CH, Yu CJ, Yang PC. Octogenarians with advanced non-small cell lung cancer: treatment modalities, survival, and prognostic factors. J Thorac Oncol. 2010;5:82-89.
3. Ho C, Ramsden K, Zhai Y, Murray N, Sun S, Melosky B, et al. Less toxic chemotherapy improves uptake of all lines of chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a 10-year retrospective population-based review. J Thorac Oncol. 2014;9:1180-1186.
4. Mitsudomi T, Morita S, Yatabe Y, Negoro S, Okamoto I, Tsurutani J, et al. Gefitinib versus cisplatin plus docetaxel in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer harbouring mutations of the epidermal growth factor receptor (WJTOG3405): an open label, randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2010;11:121-128.
5. Zhou C, Wu YL, Chen G, Feng J, Liu XQ, Wang C, et al. Erlotinib versus chemotherapy as first-line treatment for patients with advanced EGFR mutation-positive non-small-cell lung cancer (OPTIMAL, CTONG-0802): a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 study. Lancet Oncol 2011;12:735-742.
6. Chan BA, Hughes BG. Targeted therapy for non-small cell lung cancer: current standards and the promise of the future. Transl Lung Cancer Res 2015;4:36-54.
7. Pirazzoli V, Ayeni D, Meador CB, Sanganahalli BG, Hyder F, de Stanchina E, et al. Afatinib plus Cetuximab Delays Resistance Compared to Single-Agent Erlotinib or Afatinib in Mouse Models of TKI-Naive EGFR L858R-Induced Lung Adenocarcinoma. Clin Cancer Res 2016;22:426-435.
8. Xiao BK, Yang JY, Dong JX, Ji ZS, Si HY, Wang WL, et al. Meta-analysis of seven randomized control trials to assess the efficacy and toxicity of combining EGFR-TKI with chemotherapy for patients with advanced NSCLC who failed first-line treatment. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2015;16:2915-2921.
9. Stefanou D, Stamatopoulou S, Sakellaropoulou A, Akakios G, Gkiaouraki M, Gkeka D, et al. Bevacizumab, pemetrexed and carboplatin in first-line treatment of non-small cell lung cancer patients: Focus on patients with brain metastases. Oncol Lett 2016;12:4635-4642.
10. Perez-Moreno MA, Cotrina-Luque J, Galvan-Banqueri M, Flores-Moreno S, Bautista-Paloma FJ, Calleja-Hernandez MA. Effectiveness and safety of pemetrexed for non-small cell lung cancer in the Andalusian Public Health System. Farm Hosp. 2016;40(n06):477-485.
11. Park S, Kim HJ, Choi CM, Lee DH, Kim SW, Lee JS, et al. Predictive factors for a long-term response duration in non-squamous cell lung cancer patients treated with pemetrexed. BMC Cancer 2016;16:417.
12. Paz-Ares LG, Zimmermann A, Ciuleanu T, Bunn PA, Antonio BS, Denne J, et al. Meta-analysis examining impact of age on overall survival with pemetrexed for the treatment of advanced non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer 2017;104:45-51.
13. Yao S, Qian K, Wang R, Li Y, Zhang Y. [Comparison of the efficacy and safety of icotinib with standard second-line chemotherapy in previously treated advanced non-small cell lung cancer]. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi 2015;18:369-373.
14. Zheng Y, Fang W, Deng J, Zhao P, Xu N, Zhou J. Sequential treatment of icotinib after first-line pemetrexed in advanced lung adenocarcinoma with unknown EGFR gene status. J Thorac Dis 2014;6:958-964.
15. Jaiswal R, Raymond Grau GE, Bebawy M. Cellular communication via microparticles: role in transfer of multidrug resistance in cancer. Future Oncol 2014;10:655-669.
16. Karimi Kurdistani Z, Saberi S, Tsai KW, Mohammadi M. MicroRNA-21: Mechanisms of Oncogenesis and its Application in Diagnosis and Prognosis of Gastric Cancer. Arch Iran Med 2015;18:524-536.
17. Song N, Ma X, Li H, Zhang Y, Wang X, Zhou P, et al. microRNA-107 functions as a candidate tumor suppressor gene in renal clear cell carcinoma involving multiple genes. Urol Oncol 2015;33:205 e1-11.
18. Ling B, Wang GX, Long G, Qiu JH, Hu ZL. Tumor suppressor miR-22 suppresses lung cancer cell progression through post-transcriptional regulation of ErbB3. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 2012;138:1355-1361.
19. Zhang K, Li XY, Wang ZM, Han ZF, Zhao YH. MiR-22 inhibits lung cancer cell EMT and invasion through targeting Snail. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 2017;21:3598-3604.
20. Wang J, Li Y, Ding M, Zhang H, Xu X, Tang J. Molecular mechanisms and clinical applications of miR-22 in regulating malignant progression in human cancer (Review). Int J Oncol 2017;50:345-355.
21. Li J, Zhang Y, Zhao J, Kong F, Chen Y. Overexpression of miR-22 reverses paclitaxel-induced chemoresistance through activation of PTEN signaling in p53-mutated colon cancer cells. Mol Cell Biochem 2011;357:31-38.
22. Bo W, Li D, Filkowski J, Rodriguezjuarez R, Storozynsky Q, Malach M, et al. A dual role of miR-22 modulated by RelA/p65 in resensitizing fulvestrant-resistant breast cancer cells to fulvestrant by targeting FOXP1 and HDAC4 and constitutive acetylation of p53 at Lys382. Oncogenesis 2018;7:1-14.
23. Franchina T, Amodeo V, Bronte G, Savio G, Ricciardi GR, Picciotto M, et al. Circulating miR-22, miR-24 and miR-34a as novel predictive biomarkers to pemetrexed-based chemotherapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer. J Cell Physiol 2014;229:97-99.
24. Mu X, Ye Z, Qu X, Hou K, Jian K, Liu Y. The effects of Icotinib on the activation of Akt and the expressions of apoptosis-related proteins in human NSCLC cells. Modern Oncology 2013; 21:686-689.
25. Palacios F, Abreu C, Prieto D, Morande P, Ruiz S, Fernandez-Calero T, et al. Activation of the PI3K/AKT pathway by microRNA-22 results in CLL B-cell proliferation. Leukemia. 2015;29:115-125.
26. Orlans FB. Ethical decision making about animal experiments. Ethics Behav 1997;7:163-1671.
27. Pal HC, Sharma S, Strickland LR, Agarwal J, Athar M, Elmets CA, et al. Delphinidin reduces cell proliferation and induces apoptosis of non-small-cell lung cancer cells by targeting EGFR/VEGFR2 signaling pathways. PLoS One 2013;8:e77270.
28. Liang X, Lan C, Zhou J, Fu W, Long X, An Y, et al. Development of a new analog of SGK1 inhibitor and its evaluation as a therapeutic molecule of colorectal cancer. J Cancer 2017;8:2256-2262.
29. Liew SC. Folic acid and diseases - supplement it or not? Rev Assoc Med Bras (1992). 2016;62:90-100.
30. Marsit CJ, Eddy K, Kelsey KT. MicroRNA responses to cellular stress. Cancer Res 2006;66:10843-8.
31. Shookhoff JM, Gallicano GI. A new perspective on neural tube defects: folic acid and microRNA misexpression. Genesis 2010;48:282-294.
32. Koturbash I, Melnyk S, James SJ, Beland FA, Pogribny IP. Role of epigenetic and miR-22 and miR-29b alterations in the downregulation of Mat1a and Mthfr genes in early preneoplastic livers in rats induced by 2-acetylaminofluorene. Mol Carcinog 2013;52:318-327.
33. Stone N, Pangilinan F, Molloy AM, Shane B, Scott JM, Ueland PM, et al. Bioinformatic and genetic association analysis of microRNA target sites in one-carbon metabolism genes. PLoS One 2011;6:e21851.
34. Tiseo M, Giovannetti E, Tibaldi C, Camerini A, Di Costanzo F, Barbieri F, et al. Pharmacogenetic study of patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treated with second-line pemetrexed or pemetrexed-carboplatin. Lung Cancer 2012;78:92-99.
35. Kucharczyk T, Krawczyk P, Powrozek T, Kowalski DM, Ramlau R, Kalinka-Warzocha E, et al. The Effectiveness of Pemetrexed Monotherapy Depending on Polymorphisms in TS and MTHFR Genes as Well as Clinical Factors in Advanced NSCLC Patients. Pathol Oncol Res 2016;22:49-56.
36. Ren KW, Li YH, Wu G, Ren JZ, Lu HB, Li ZM, et al. Quercetin nanoparticles display antitumor activity via proliferation inhibition and apoptosis induction in liver cancer cells. Int J Oncol 2017;50:1299-1311.
37. Li R, Yang HQ, Xi HL, Feng S, Qin RH. Inhibition of CDH17 gene expression via RNA interference reduces proliferation and apoptosis of human MKN28 gastric cancer cells. Int J Oncol 2017;50:15-22.
38. Sanchez DI, Gonzalez-Fernandez B, San-Miguel B, de Urbina JO, Crespo I, Gonzalez-Gallego J, et al. Melatonin prevents deregulation of the sphingosine kinase/sphingosine 1-phosphate signaling pathway in a mouse model of diethylnitrosamine-induced hepatocellular carcinoma. J Pineal Res 2017;62: e12369.
39. Horii N, Nishimura Y, Okuno Y, Kanamori S, Hiraoka M, Shimada Y, et al. Impact of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on Ki-67 and PCNA labeling indices for esophageal squamous cell carcinomas. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2001;49:527-532.
40. Jurikova M, Danihel L, Polak S, Varga I. Ki67, PCNA, and MCM proteins: Markers of proliferation in the diagnosis of breast cancer. Acta Histochem 2016;118:544-552.
41. Xia H, Chen S, Chen K, Huang H, Ma H. MiR-96 promotes proliferation and chemo- or radioresistance by down-regulating RECK in esophageal cancer. Biomed Pharmacother 2014;68:951-958.
42. Yang C, Yan J, Yuan G, Zhang Y, Lu D, Ren M, et al. Induction of Tca8113 tumor cell apoptosis by icotinib is associated with reactive oxygen species mediated p38-MAPK activation. Pharmazie 2014;69:629-632.
43. Yang TY, Chang GC, Chen KC, Hung HW, Hsu KH, Wu CH, et al. Pemetrexed induces both intrinsic and extrinsic apoptosis through ataxia telangiectasia mutated/p53-dependent and -independent signaling pathways. Mol Carcinog 2013;52:183-194.
44. Tang H, Bian Y, Tu C, Wang Z, Yu Z, Liu Q, et al. The miR-183/96/182 cluster regulates oxidative apoptosis and sensitizes cells to chemotherapy in gliomas. Curr Cancer Drug Targets 2013;13:221-231.