1. Ross HH, Ambrosio F, Trumbower RD, Reier PJ, Behrman AL, Wolf SL. Neural stem cell therapy and rehabilitation in the central nervous system: emerging partnerships. Phys Ther 2016; 96:734-742.
2. Pettikiriarachchi JT, Parish CL, Shoichet MS, Forsythe JS, Nisbet DR. Biomaterials for brain tissue engineering. Aust J Chem 2010; 63:1143-1154.
3. McNamara LE, McMurray RJ, Biggs MJ, Kantawong F, Oreffo RO, Dalby MJ. Nanotopographical control of stem cell differentiation. J Tissue Eng 2010; 1:120623.
4. Wichterle H, Lieberam I, Porter JA, Jessell TM. Directed differentiation of embryonic stem cells into motor neurons. Cell 2002; 110:385-397.
5. Dimos JT, Rodolfa KT, Niakan KK, Weisenthal LM, Mitsumoto H, Chung W, et al. Induced pluripotent stem cells generated from patients with ALS can be differentiated into motor neurons. Science 2008; 321:1218-1221.
6. Thored P, Arvidsson A, Cacci E, Ahlenius H, Kallur T, Darsalia V, et al. Persistent production of neurons from adult brain stem cells during recovery after stroke. Stem cells 2006; 24:739-747.
7. Darvishi M, Tiraihi T, Mesbah-Namin SA, Delshad A, Taheri T. Motor neuron transdifferentiation of neural stem cell from adipose-derived stem cell characterized by differential gene expression. Cell Mol Neurobiol 2017; 37:275-289.
8. Negah SS, Khooei A, Samini F, Gorji A. Laminin-derived Ile-Lys-Val-ala-Val: a promising bioactive peptide in neural tissue engineering in traumatic brain injury. Cell and tissue research 2018; 371:223-236.
9. Cooke M, Vulic K, Shoichet M. Design of biomaterials to enhance stem cell survival when transplanted into the damaged central nervous system. Soft Matter 2010; 6:4988-4998.
10. Nakaji-Hirabayashi T, Kato K, Iwata H. In vivo study on the survival of neural stem cells transplanted into the rat brain with a collagen hydrogel that incorporates laminin-derived polypeptides. Bioconjug Chem 2013; 24:1798-1804.
11. Loh QL, Choong C.Three-dimensional scaffolds for tissue engineering applications: role of porosity and pore size. Tissue Eng Part B Rev 2013; 19:485-502.
12. Cavalcanti BN, Zeitlin BD, Nör JE. A hydrogel scaffold that maintains viability and supports differentiation of dental pulp stem cells. Dent Mater 2013; 29:97-102.
13. Raghavan S, Gilmont RR, Bitar KN. Neuroglial differentiation of adult enteric neuronal progenitor cells as a function of extracellular matrix composition. Biomaterials 2013; 34:6649-6658.
14. Cheng T-Y, Chen M-H, Chang W-H, Huang M-Y, Wang T-W. Neural stem cells encapsulated in a functionalized self-assembling peptide hydrogel for brain tissue engineering. Biomaterials 2013; 34:2005-2016.
15. Binan L, Tendey C, De Crescenzo G, El Ayoubi R, Ajji A, Jolicoeur M. Differentiation of neuronal stem cells into motor neurons using electrospun poly-L-lactic acid/gelatin scaffold. Biomaterials 2014; 35:664-674.
16. Abdanipour A, Tiraihi T. Induction of adipose-derived stem cell into motoneuron-like cells using selegiline as preinducer. Brain Res 2012; 1440:23-33.
17. Goutman SA, Chen KS, Feldman EL. Recent advances and the future of stem cell therapies in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Neurotherapeutics 2015; 12:428-448.
18. Ghasemi-Kasman M, Hajikaram M, Baharvand H, Javan M. MicroRNA-mediated in vitro and in vivo direct conversion of astrocytes to neuroblasts. PloS One 2015; 10:e0127878.
19. Miles GB, Yohn DC, Wichterle H, Jessell TM, Rafuse VF, Brownstone RM. Functional properties of motoneurons derived from mouse embryonic stem cells. J Neurosci 2004; 24:7848-7858.
20. Alizadeh R, Kamrava SK, Bagher Z, Farhadi M, Falah M, Moradi F, et al. Human olfactory stem cells: As a promising source of dopaminergic neuron-like cells for treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Neurosci Lett 2019; 696:52-59.
21. Alizadeh R, Hassanzadeh G, Joghataei MT, Soleimani M, Moradi F, Mohammadpour S, et al. In vitro differentiation of neural stem cells derived from human olfactory bulb into dopaminergic‐like neurons. Eur J Neurosci 2017; 45:773-784.
22. Negah SS, Khaksar Z, Aligholi H, Sadeghi SM, Mousavi SMM, Kazemi H, et al. Enhancement of neural stem cell survival, proliferation, migration, and differentiation in a novel self-assembly peptide nanofibber scaffold. Mol Neurobiol 2017; 54:8050-8062.
23. Frimat J-P, Xie S, Bastiaens A, Schurink B, Wolbers F, Den Toonder J, et al. Advances in 3D neuronal cell culture. J Vac Sci Technol B Nanotechnol Microelectron 2015; 33:06F902.
24. Sun G, Liu W, Fan Z, Zhang D, Han Y, Xu L, et al. The three-dimensional culture system with Matrigel and neurotrophic factors preserves the structure and function of spiral ganglion neuron in vitro. Neural Plast 2016; 2016:4280407.
25. Horii A, Wang X, Gelain F, Zhang S. Biological designer self-assembling peptide nanofiber scaffolds significantly enhance osteoblast proliferation, differentiation and 3-D migration. PLoS One 2007; 2:e190
26. Liqing Y, Jia G, Jiqing C, Ran G, Fei C, Jie K, et al. Directed differentiation of motor neuron cell-like cells from human adipose-derived stem cells in vitro. Neuroreport 2011; 22:370-373.
27. Mohammadi Z, Afshari JT, Keramati MR, Alamdari DH, Ganjibakhsh M, Zarmehri AM, et al. Differentiation of adipocytes and osteocytes from human adipose and placental mesenchymal stem cells. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2015; 18:259-272.
28. Gelain F, Bottai D, Vescovi A, Zhang S. Designer self-assembling peptide nanofiber scaffolds for adult mouse neural stem cell 3-dimensional cultures. PloS One 2006; 1:e119.
29. Tibbitt MW, Anseth KS. Dynamic microenvironments: the fourth dimension. Sci Transl Med. 2012; 4:160ps124-160ps124.
30. Engler AJ, Sen S, Sweeney HL, Discher DE. Matrix elasticity directs stem cell lineage specification. Cell 2006; 126:677-689.
31. Thor S, Ericson J, Brännström T, Edlund T. The homeodomain LIM protein Isl-1 is expressed in subsets of neurons and endocrine cells in the adult rat. Neuron 1991; 7:881-889.
32. Pfaff SL, Mendelsohn M, Stewart CL, Edlund T, Jessell TM. Requirement for LIM homeobox gene Isl1 in motor neuron generation reveals a motor neuron–dependent step in interneuron differentiation. Cell 1996; 84:309-320.
33. MacDonald SC, Fleetwood IG, Hochman S, Dodd JG, Cheng GK, Jordan LM, et al. Functional motor neurons differentiating from mouse multipotent spinal cord precursor cells in culture and after transplantation into transected sciatic nerve. J Neurosurg 2003; 98:1094-1103.
34. Naghdi M, Naghdi M, Tiraihi T, Namin SAM, Arabkheradmand J. Transdifferentiation of bone marrow stromal cells into cholinergic neuronal phenotype: a potential source for cell therapy in spinal cord injury. Cytotherapy 2009; 11:137-152.
35. Adib S, Tiraihi T, Darvishi M, Taheri T, Kazemi H. Cholinergic differentiation of neural stem cells generated from cell aggregates-derived from human bone marrow stromal cells. J Tissue Eng Regen Med 2015; 12:43-52.
36. Liu N, Li Y, Yang S-T. Microfibrous carriers for integrated expansion and neural differentiation of embryonic stem cells in suspension bioreactor. Biochem Eng J 2013; 75:55-63.
37. Liu YQ, Zhan LB, Bi TT, Liang LN, Sun XX, Sui H. Neural stem cell neural differentiation in 3D extracellular matrix and endoplasmic reticulum stress microenvironment. RSC Adv 2016; 41:34959-34969.
38. Sun Y, Li W, Wu X, Zhang N, Zhang Y, Ouyang S, et al. Functional self-assembling peptide nanofiber hydrogels designed for nerve degeneration. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 2016; 8:2348-2359.