1. Berretta M, Lleshi A, Fisichella R, Berretta S, Basile F, Li Volti G, et al. The role of nutrition in the development of esophageal cancer: what do we know? Front Biosci (Elite Ed) 2012;4:351-357.
2. Gao X, Wang Z, Kong C, Yang F, Wang Y, Tan X. Trends of esophageal cancer mortality in rural China from 1989 to 2013: An age-period-cohort analysis. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2017;14: 218-227.
3. Zeng H, Zheng R, Zhang S, Zuo T, Xia C, Zou X, et al. Esophageal cancer statistics in China, 2011: Estimates based on 177 cancer registries. Thorac Cancer 2016;7:232-237.
4. Dubecz A , Molena D , Peters J H . Modern Surgery for Esophageal Cancer. Gastroenterol Clin North Am, 2008, 37:965-987.
5. Ravindran J, Prasad S, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin and cancer cells: how many ways can curry kill tumor cells selectively? AAPS J 2009;11:495-510.
6. Li N, Li B, Zhang J, Liu X, Liu J, Li K, et al. Protective effect of phenolic acids from Chebulae Fructus immaturus on carbon tetrachloride induced acute liver injury via suppressing oxidative stress, inflammation and apoptosis in mouse. Nat Prod Res 2019; 1-4.
7. Sales MS, Roy A, Antony L, Banu SK, Jeyaraman S, Manikkam R. Octyl gallate and gallic acid isolated from Terminalia bellarica regulates normal cell cycle in human breast cancer cell lines. Biomed Pharmacother 2018;103:1577-1584.
8. Ahmed HH, Galal AF, Shalby AB, Abd-Rabou AA, Mehaya FM. Improving anti-cancer potentiality and bioavailability of gallic acid by designing polymeric nanocomposite formulation. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2018;19:3137-146.
9. Hirun N, Saithong S, Pakawatchai C, Tantishaiyakul V. 3,4,5-trihydroxy-benzoic acid. Acta Cryst. 2011; E67: o787.
10. Zhang T, Ma L, Wu P, Li W, Li T, Gu R, et al. Gallic acid has anticancer activity and enhances the anticancer effects of cisplatin in nonsmall cell lung cancer A549 cells via the JAK/STAT3 signaling pathway. Oncol Rep. 2019;41:1779-1788.
11. Tsai CL, Chiu YM, Ho TY, Hsieh CT, Shieh DC, Lee YJ, et al. Gallic acid induces apoptosis in human gastric adenocarcinoma cells. Anticancer Res 2018;38:2057-2067.
12. Sanchez-Carranza JN, Diaz JF, Redondo-Horcajo M, Barasoain I, Alvarez L, Lastres P, et al. Gallic acid sensitizes paclitaxel-resistant human ovarian carcinoma cells through an increase in reactive oxygen species and subsequent downregulation of ERK activation. Oncol Rep 2018;39:3007-3014.
13. Santos EMS, da Rocha RG, Santos HO, Guimaraes TA, de Carvalho Fraga CA, da Silveira LH, et al. Gallic acid modulates phenotypic behavior and gene expression in oral squamous cell carcinoma cells by interfering with leptin pathway. Pathol Res Pract 2018;214:30-37.
14. He Z, Chen AY, Rojanasakul Y, Rankin GO, Chen YC. Gallic acid, a phenolic compound, exerts anti-angiogenic effects via the PTEN/AKT/HIF-1alpha/VEGF signaling pathway in ovarian cancer cells. Oncol Rep 2016;35:291-297.
15. Ho HH, Chang CS, Ho WC, Liao SY, Wu CH, Wang CJ. Anti-metastasis effects of gallic acid on gastric cancer cells involves inhibition of NF-kappaB activity and downregulation of PI3K/AKT/small GTPase signals. Food Chem Toxicol 2010;48:2508-2516.
16. Zheng X, Chen L, Zhou Y, Wang Q, Zheng Z, Xu B, et al. A novel protein encoded by a circular RNA circPPP1R12A promotes tumor pathogenesis and metastasis of colon cancer via Hippo-YAP signaling. Mol Cancer. 2019;18:47-59.
17. Zhang Z, Du J, Wang S, Shao L, Jin K, Li F, et al. OTUB2 promotes cancer metastasis via hippo-independent activation of YAP and TAZ. Mol Cell 2019;73:7-21.
18. Gao Y, Yi J, Zhang K, Bai F, Feng B, Wang R, et al. Downregulation of MiR-31 stimulates expression of LATS2 via the hippo pathway and promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 2017;36:161-180.
19. Kim SM, Ye S, Rah SY, Park BH, Wang H, Kim JR, et al. RhBMP-2 activates Hippo signaling through RASSF1 in esophageal cancer cells Sci Rep 2016;6:26821-26832.
20. Orlans FB. Ethical decision making about animal experiments. Ethics Behav. 1997;7:163-171.
21. Li Z, Li Q, Jiang X, Zhang K, Guan R. [Isolation and preparation of gallic acid from Terminalia chebula Retz. with high-speed counter-current chromatography]. Se Pu 2014;32:1404-1408.
22. Khoei S, Goliaei B, Neshasteh-Riz A, Deizadji A. The role of heat shock protein 70 in the thermoresistance of prostate cancer cell line spheroids. FEBS LETT 2004;561:144-148.
23. Chi S. Effect of Rab23 on the proliferation and apoptosis in breast cancer. Oncol Rep 2015;34:1835-1844.
24. Liu Z. Significance of COX-2 expression in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2006; 27:1214-21.
25. Verma S, Singh A, Mishra A. Gallic acid: molecular rival of cancer. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 2013;35:473-485.
26. Heidarian E, Keloushadi M, Ghatreh-Samani K, Valipour P. The reduction of IL-6 gene expression, pAKT, pERK1/2, pSTAT3 signaling pathways and invasion activity by gallic acid in prostate cancer PC3 cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;84:264-269.
27. Chia YC, Rajbanshi R, Calhoun C, Chiu RH. Anti-neoplastic effects of gallic acid, a major component of Toona sinensis leaf extract, on oral squamous carcinoma cells. Molecules 2010;15:8377-8389.
28. Agarwal C, Tyagi A, Agarwal R. Gallic acid causes inactivating phosphorylation of cdc25A/cdc25C-cdc2 via ATM-Chk2 activation, leading to cell cycle arrest, and induces apoptosis in human prostate carcinoma DU145 cells. Mol Cancer Ther 2006;5:3294-3302.
29. Chen HM, Wu YC, Chia YC, Chang FR, Hsu HK, Hsieh YC, et al. Gallic acid, a major component of Toona sinensis leaf extracts, contains a ROS-mediated anti-cancer activity in human prostate cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2009;286:161-171.
30. Hsu JD, Kao SH, Ou TT, Chen YJ, Li YJ, Wang CJ. Gallic acid induces G2/M phase arrest of breast cancer cell MCF-7 through stabilization of p27(Kip1) attributed to disruption of p27(Kip1)/Skp2 complex. J Agric Food Chem 2011;59:1996-2003.
31. Yano S, Nishioka Y, Goto H, Sone S. Molecular mechanisms of angiogenesis in non-small cell lung cancer, and therapeutics targeting related molecules. Cancer Sci 2003;94:479-485.
32. Kunštić M, Kukolj M, Oršolić N. Gallic acid reduces tumor growth and angiogenesis in mice with Ehrlich ascites tumor. Zbornik Sažetaka 2015; 263-264.
33. Zhao B, Hu M. Gallic acid reduces cell viability, proliferation, invasion and angiogenesis in human cervical cancer cells. Oncol Lett 2013;6:1749-1755.
34. Lu Y, Jiang F, Jiang H, Wu K, Zheng X, Cai Y, et al. Gallic acid suppresses cell viability, proliferation, invasion and angiogenesis in human glioma cells. Eur J Pharmacol 2010;641:102-107.
35. Ho HH, Chang CS, Ho WC, Liao SY, Lin WL, Wang CJ. Gallic acid inhibits gastric cancer cells metastasis and invasive growth via increased expression of RhoB, downregulation of AKT/small GTPase signals and inhibition of NF-kappaB activity. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2013;266:76-85.
36. Kaur M, Velmurugan B, Rajamanickam S, Agarwal R, Agarwal C. Gallic acid, an active constituent of grape seed extract, exhibits anti-proliferative, pro-apoptotic and anti-tumorigenic effects against prostate carcinoma xenograft growth in nude mice. Pharm Res 2009;26:2133-2140.
37. Ohta Y, Ichimura K. Proliferation markers, proliferating cell nuclear antigen, Ki67, 5-bromo-2’-deoxyuridine, and cyclin D1 in mouse olfactory epithelium. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 2000;109:1046-1048.
38. Niewiadomska H, Mirowski M, Stempien M, Olborski B, Blonski JZ, Hanausek M, et al. A 65 kDa oncofetal protein (p65), proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) and Ki67 expression in breast cancer patients. Neoplasma 1998;45:216-222.
39. Chandramohan Reddy T, Bharat Reddy D, Aparna A, Arunasree KM, Gupta G, Achari C, et al. Anti-leukemic effects of gallic acid on human leukemia K562 cells: downregulation of COX-2, inhibition of BCR/ABL kinase and NF-kappaB inactivation. Toxicol In Vitro 2012;26:396-405.
40. Ji BC, Hsu WH, Yang JS, Hsia TC, Lu CC, Chiang JH, et al. Gallic acid induces apoptosis via caspase-3 and mitochondrion-dependent pathways in vitro and suppresses lung xenograft tumor growth in vivo. J Agric Food Chem 2009;57:7596-604.
41. Ramadan NK, Badr G, Abdel-Tawab HS, Ahmed SF, Mahmoud MH. Camel whey protein enhances lymphocyte survival by modulating the expression of survivin, bim/bax, and cytochrome C and restores heat stress-mediated pathological alteration in lymphoid organs. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2018;21:896-904.
42. Wang R, Song F, Li S, Wu B, Gu Y, Yuan Y. Salvianolic acid A attenuates CCl4-induced liver fibrosis by regulating the PI3K/AKT/mTOR, Bcl-2/Bax and caspase-3/cleaved caspase-3 signaling pathways. Drug Des Devel Ther 2019;13:1889-1900.
43. Snigdha K, Gangwani KS, Lapalikar GV, Singh A, Kango-Singh M. Hippo signaling in cancer: Lessons from drosophila models. Front Cell Dev Biol 2019;7:85-100.
44. Calses PC, Crawford JJ, Lill JR, Dey A. Hippo pathway in cancer: aberrant regulation and therapeutic opportunities. Trends Cancer 2019;5:297-307.
45. Gong R, Yu FX. Targeting the Hippo pathway for anti-cancer therapies. Curr Med Chem 2015;22:4104-4117.
46. Muramatsu T, Imoto I, Matsui T, Kozaki K, Haruki S, Sudol M, et al. YAP is a candidate oncogene for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2011;32:389-398.
47. Huang J, Wu S, Barrera J, Matthews K, Pan D. The Hippo signaling pathway coordinately regulates cell proliferation and apoptosis by inactivating Yorkie, the Drosophila homolog of YAP. Cell 2005;122:421-434.