1. Oryan A, Alidadi S, Moshiri A, Maffulli N. Bone regenerative medicine: classic options, novel strategies, and future directions. J Orthop Surg Res 2014;9:18.
2. Oryan A, Alidadi S, Moshiri A. Platelet-rich plasma for bone healing and regeneration. Expert Opin Biol Ther 2016;16:213-232.
3. Oryan A, Alidadi S, Moshiri A, Bigham-Sadegh A. Bone morphogenetic proteins: a powerful osteoinductive compound with non-negligible side effects and limitations. Biofactors 2014;40:459-481.
4. Moshiri A, Sharifi AM, Oryan A. Current knowledge, drug-based therapeutic options and future directions in managing osteoporosis. Clin Rev Bone Mineral Metab 2017;15:1-23.
5. Moshiri A, Sharifi AM, Oryan A. Role of Simvastatin on fracture healing and osteoporosis: a systematic review on in vivo investigations. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 2016;43:659-684.
6. Moshiri A, Shahrezaee M, Shekarchi B, Oryan A, Azma K. Three-Dimensional Porous Gelapin-Simvastatin Scaffolds Promoted Bone Defect Healing in Rabbits. Calcif Tissue Int 2015;96:552-564.
7. Mobini S, Taghizadeh-Jahed M, Khanmohammadi M, Moshiri A, Naderi MM, Heidari-Vala H, et al. Comparative evaluation of in vivo biocompatibility and biodegradability of regenerated silk scaffolds reinforced with/without natural silk fibers. J Biomater Appl 2016;30:793-809.
8. Perez RA, Mestres G. Role of pore size and morphology in musculo-skeletal tissue regeneration. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl 2016;61:922-939.
9. Li L, He ZY, Wei XW, Wei YQ. Recent advances of biomaterials in biotherapy. Regen Biomater 2016;3:99-105.
10. Curry AS, Pensa NW, Barlow AM, Bellis SL. Taking cues from the extracellular matrix to design bone-mimetic regenerative scaffolds. Matrix Biol 2016;52-54:397-412.
11. Oryan A, Kamali A, Moshiri A. Potential mechanisms and applications of statins on osteogenesis: Current modalities, conflicts and future directions. J Control Release 2015;215:12-24.
12. Chen C, Bang S, Cho Y, Lee S, Lee I, Zhang S, et al. Research trends in biomimetic medical materials for tissue engineering: 3D bioprinting, surface modification, nano/micro-technology and clinical aspects in tissue engineering of cartilage and bone. Biomater Res 2016;20:10.
13. Narayanan G, Vernekar VN, Kuyinu EL, Laurencin CT. Poly (lactic acid)-based biomaterials for orthopaedic regenerative engineering. Adv Drug Deliv Rev 2016 Dec 15;107:247-276.
14. Tang D, Tare RS, Yang LY, Williams DF, Ou KL, Oreffo RO. Biofabrication of bone tissue: approaches, challenges and translation for bone regeneration. Biomaterials 2016;83:363-382.
15. Poinern GE, Brundavanam RK, Thi Le X, Nicholls PK, Cake MA, Fawcett D. The synthesis, characterisation and in vivo study of a bioceramic for potential tissue regeneration applications. Sci Rep 2014;4:6235.
16. Amjadian S, Seyedjafari E, Zeynali B, Shabani I. The synergistic effect of nano-hydroxyapatite and dexamethasone in the fibrous delivery system of Gel and poly(l-lactide) on the osteogenesis of mesenchymal stem cells. Int J Pharm 2016;507:1-11.
17. Rodriguez IA, Saxena G, Hixon KR, Sell SA, Bowlin GL. In vitro characterization of MG-63 osteoblast-like cells cultured on organic-inorganic lyophilized Gel sponges for early bone healing. J Biomed Mater Res A 2016;104:2011-2019
18. Pangon A, Saesoo S, Saengkrit N, Ruktanonchai U, Intasanta V. Hydroxyapatite-hybridized Chi/chitin whisker bionanocomposite fibers for bone tissue engineering applications. Carbohydr Polym 2016;144:419-427.
19. Shavandi A, Bekhit AE, Sun Z, Ali MA. Bio-scaffolds produced from irradiated squid pen and crab Chi with hydroxyapatite/beta-tricalcium phosphate for bone-tissue engineering. Int J Biol Macromol 2016;93:1446-1456.
20. Li Z, Kawashita M. Current progress in inorganic artificial biomaterials. J Artif Organs 2011;14:163-170.
21. Mazaheri M, Eslahi N, Ordikhani F, Tamjid E, Simchi A. Nanomedicine applications in orthopedic medicine: state of the art. Int J Nanomedicine 2015;10:6039-6053.
22. Cheng H, Xiong W, Fang Z, Guan H, Wu W, Li Y, et al. Strontium (Sr) and silver (Ag) loaded nanotubular structures with combined osteoinductive and antimicrobial activities. Acta Biomater 2016;31:388-400.
23. Tsuji W, Schnider JT, McLaughlin MM, Schweizer R, Zhang W, Solari MG, et al. Effects of immunosuppressive drugs on viability and susceptibility of adipose- and bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Front Immunol 2015;6:131.
24. Choi YS, Dusting GJ, Stubbs S, Arunothayaraj S, Han XL, Collas P, et al. Differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells into beating cardiomyocytes. J Cell Mol Med 2010;14:878-889.
25. Ardeshirylajimi A, Soleimani M, Hosseinkhani S, Parivar K, Yaghmaei P. A comparative study of osteogenic differentiation human induced pluripotent stem cells and adipose tissue derived mesenchymal stem cells. Cell J 2014;16:235-244.
26. Oryan A, Moshiri A, Meimandi-Parizi A. Implantation of a novel tissue-engineered graft in a large tendon defect initiated inflammation, accelerated fibroplasia and improved remodeling of the new Achilles tendon: a comprehensive detailed study with new insights. Cell Tissue Res 2014;355:59-80.
27. Moshiri A, Oryan A, Meimandi-Parizi A. Role of tissue-engineered artificial tendon in healing of a large Achilles tendon defect model in rabbits. J Am Coll Surg 2013;217:421-441.e8.
28. Meimandi-Parizi A, Oryan A, Moshiri A. Tendon tissue engineering and its role on healing of the experimentally induced large tendon defect model in rabbits: a comprehensive in vivo study. PLoS One 2013;8:e73016.
29. Oryan A, Moshiri A. Recombinant fibroblast growth protein enhances healing ability of experimentally induced tendon injury in vivo. J Tissue Eng Regen Med 2014;8:421-431.
30. Moshiri A, Oryan A, Meimandi-Parizi A. Synthesis, development, characterization and effectiveness of bovine pure platelet gel-collagen-polydioxanone bioactive graft on tendon healing. J Cell Mol Med 2015;19:1308-1332.
31. Wan W, Zhang S, Ge L, Li Q, Fang X, Yuan Q, et al. Layer-by-layer paper-stacking nanofibrous membranes to deliver adipose-derived stem cells for bone regeneration. Int J Nanomedicine 2015;10:1273-1290.
32. Jin Y, Zhang W, Liu Y, Zhang M, Xu L, Wu Q, et al. rhPDGF-BB via ERK pathway osteogenesis and adipogenesis balancing in ADSCs for critical-sized calvarial defect repair. Tissue Eng Part A 2014;20:3303-3013.
33. Dufrane D, Docquier PL, Delloye C, Poirel HA, Andre W, Aouassar N. Scaffold-free three-dimensional graft from autologous adipose-derived stem cells for large bone defect reconstruction: Clinical proof of concept. Medicine (Baltimore) 2015;94:e2220.
34. Yoon D, Kang BJ, Kim Y, Lee SH, Rhew D, Kim WH, et al. Effect of serum-derived albumin scaffold and canine adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells on osteogenesis in canine segmental bone defect model. J Vet Sci 2015;16:397-404.
35. Rampino A, Borgogna M, Blasi P, Bellich B, Cesaro A. Chi nanoparticles: preparation, size evolution and stability. Int J Pharm 2013;455:219-228.
36. Habraken WJ, Wolke JG, Jansen JA. Ceramic composites as matrices and scaffolds for drug delivery in tissue engineering. Adv Drug Deliv Rev 2007;59:234-248.
37. Habibovic P, de Groot K. Osteoinductive biomaterials--properties and relevance in bone repair. J Tissue Eng Regen Med 2007;1:25-32.
38. Surmeneva MA, Kleinhans C, Vacun G, Kluger PJ, Schonhaar V, Muller M, et al. Nano-hydroxyapatite-coated metal-ceramic composite of iron-tricalcium phosphate: Improving the surface wettability, adhesion and proliferation of mesenchymal stem cells in vitro. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 2015;135:386-393.
39. Lim HC, Kim KT, Lee JS, Jung UW, Choi SH. In vivo comparative investigation of three synthetic graft materials with varying compositions processed using different methods. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2015;30:1280-1286.
40. Thakare K, Deo V. Randomized controlled clinical study of rhPDGF-BB + beta-TCP versus HA + beta-TCP for the treatment of infrabony periodontal defects: clinical and radiographic results. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 2012;32:689-696.
41. Annibali S, Iezzi G, Sfasciotti GL, Cristalli MP, Vozza I, Mangano C, et al. Histological and histomorphometric human results of HA-Beta-TCP 30/70 compared to three different biomaterials in maxillary sinus augmentation at 6 months: A preliminary report. Biomed Res Int 2015;2015:156850.
42. Sakai S, Anada T, Tsuchiya K, Yamazaki H, Margolis HC, Suzuki O. Comparative study on the resorbability and dissolution behavior of octacalcium phosphate, beta-tricalcium phosphate, and hydroxyapatite under physiological conditions. Dent Mater J 2016;35:216-224.
43. Bellucci D, Sola A, Cannillo V. Hydroxyapatite and tricalcium phosphate composites with bioactive glass as second phase: State of the art and current applications. J Biomed Mater Res A 2016;104:1030-1056.
44. Liu J, Zhao L, Ni L, Qiao C, Li D, Sun H, et al. The effect of synthetic alpha-tricalcium phosphate on osteogenic differentiation of rat bone mesenchymal stem cells. Am J Transl Res 2015;7:1588-1601.
45. Park JW, Kang DG, Hanawa T. New bone formation induced by surface strontium-modified ceramic bone graft substitute. Oral Dis 2016;22:53-61.
46. Machado CP, Sartoretto SC, Alves AT, Lima IB, Rossi AM, Granjeiro JM, et al. Histomorphometric evaluation of strontium-containing nanostructured hydroxyapatite as bone substitute in sheep. Braz Oral Res 2016;30:e45.
47. Liu J, Rawlinson SC, Hill RG, Fortune F. Strontium-substituted bioactive glasses in vitro osteogenic and antibacterial effects. Dent Mater 2016;32:412-422.