1. Nadel JA, Tierney DF. Effect of a previous deep inspiration on airway resistance in man. J Appl Physiol 1961; 16:717-719.
2. Fish JE, Ankin MG, Kelly JF, Peterman VI. Regulation of bronchomotor tone by lung inflation in asthmatic and nonasthmatic subjects. J Appl Physiol Respir Environ Exerc Physiol 1981; 50:1079-1086.
3. An SS, Bai TR, Bates JH, Black JL, Brown RH, Brusasco V, et al. Airway smooth muscle dynamics: a common pathway of airway obstruction in asthma. Eur Respir J 2007; 29:834-860.
4. Paré PD, Roberts CR, Bai TR, Wiggs BJ. The functional consequences of airway remodeling in asthma. Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 1997; 52:589-596.
5. Chin LY, Bossé Y, Pascoe C, Hackett TL, Seow CY, Paré PD. Mechanical properties of asthmatic airway smooth muscle. Eur Respir J 2012; 40:45-54.
6.Wong WD, Wang L, Paré PD, Seow CY. Bronchodilatory effect of deep inspiration in freshly isolated sheep lungs. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 2017; 312:L178-L185.
7. Swärd K, Dreja K, Susnjar M, Hellstrand P, Hartshorne DJ, Walsh MP. Inhibition of Rho-associated kinase blocks agonist-induced Ca2+ sensitization of myosin phosphorylation and force in guinea-pig ileum. J Physiol 2000; 522 Pt 1:33-49.
8. Sahin L, Cevik OS, Koyuncu DD, Buyukafsar K. Role of rho-kinase (ROCK) in tonic but not phasic contraction in the frog stomach smooth muscle. Life Sci 2018; 198:46-55.
9. Lan B, Deng L, Donovan GM, Chin LY, Syyong HT, Wang L, et al. Force maintenance and myosin filament assembly regulated by Rho-kinase in airway smooth muscle. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 2015; 308:L1-10.
10. Fredberg JJ, Inouye DS, Mijailovich SM, Butler JP. Perturbed equilibrium of myosin binding in airway smooth muscle and its implications in bronchospasm. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1999; 159:959-967.
11. Krishnan R, Park CY, Lin YC, Mead J, Jaspers RT, Trepat X, et al. Reinforcement versus fluidization in cytoskeletal mechanoresponsiveness. PLoS One 2009; 4:e5486.
12. Chen C, Krishnan R, Zhou E, Ramachandran A, Tambe D, Rajendran K, et al. Fluidization and resolidification of the human bladder smooth muscle cell in response to transient stretch. PLoS One 2010; 5:e12035.
13. Kuo KH, Wang L, Paré PD, Ford LE, Seow CY. Myosin thick filament lability induced by mechanical strain in airway smooth muscle. J Appl Physiol (1985) 2001; 90:1811-1816.
14. Kianmeher M, Ghorani V, Boskabady MH. Animal model of asthma, various methods and measured parameters: a methodological review. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 2016; 15:445-465.
15. Pazhoohan S, Raoufy MR, Javan M, Hajizadeh S. Effect of Rho-kinase inhibition on complexity of breathing pattern in a guinea pig model of asthma. PLoS One 2017; 12:e0187249.
16. Skloot G, Permutt S, Togias A. Airway hyperresponsiveness in asthma: a problem of limited smooth muscle relaxation with inspiration. J Clin Invest 1995; 96:2393-2403.
17. Bateman ED, Hurd SS, Barnes PJ, Bousquet J, Drazen JM, FitzGerald JM, et al. Global strategy for asthma management and prevention: GINA executive summary. Eur Respir J 2008; 31:143-178.
18. Pigati PA, Righetti RF, Possa SS, Romanholo BS, Rodrigues AP, dos Santos AS, et al. Y-27632 is associated with corticosteroid-potentiated control of pulmonary remodeling and inflammation in guinea pigs with chronic allergic inflammation. BMC Pulm Med 2015; 15:85-100.
19. Brook BS. Emergence of airway smooth muscle mechanical behavior through dynamic reorganization of contractile units and force transmission pathways. J Appl Physiol 2014;116:980-997.
20. Yuen SL, Ogut O, Brozovich FV. Nonmuscle myosin is regulated during smooth muscle contraction. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2009; 297:H191-199.
21. Hashimoto K, Peebles RS, JR, Sheller JR, Jarzecka K, Furlong J, Mitchell DB, et al. Suppression of airway hyperresponsiveness induced by ovalbumin sensitisation and RSV infection with Y-27632, a Rho kinase inhibitor. Thorax 2002; 57:524-527.
22. Schaafsma D, Bos IS, Zuidhof AB, Zaagsma J, Meurs H. Inhalation of the Rho-kinase inhibitor Y-27632 reverses allergen-induced airway hyperresponsiveness after the early and late asthmatic reaction. Respir Res 2006; 7:121-127.
23. Kasahara DI, Ninin FM, Wurmbrand AP, Liao JK, Shore SA. Abrogation of airway hyperresponsiveness but not inflammation by rho kinase insufficiency. Clin Exp Allergy 2015; 45:457-470.
24. Wang L, Chitano P, Paré PD, Seow CY. Upregulation of smooth muscle Rho-kinase protein expression in human asthma. Eur Respir J 2020; 55:1901785.
25. Wei B, Shang YX, Li M, Jiang J, Zhang H. Cytoskeleton changes of airway smooth muscle cells in juvenile rats with airway remodeling in asthma and the RhoA/ROCK signaling pathway mechanism. Genet Mol Res 2014; 13:559-569.
26. Joyce DP, McIvor RA. Use of inhaled medications and urgent care services. Study of Canadian asthma patients. Can Fam Physician 1999; 45:1707-1713.
27. Nelson HS, Weiss ST, Bleecker ER, Yancey SW, Dorinsky PM, Group SS. The Salmeterol Multicenter Asthma Research Trial: a comparison of usual pharmacotherapy for asthma or usual pharmacotherapy plus salmeterol. Chest 2006; 129:15-26.
28. Salpeter SR, Buckley NS, Ormiston TM, Salpeter EE. Meta-analysis: effect of long-acting beta-agonists on severe asthma exacerbations and asthma-related deaths. Ann Intern Med 2006; 144:904-912.
29. Mann M, Chowdhury B, Sullivan E, Nicklas R, Anthracite R, Meyer RJ. Serious asthma exacerbations in asthmatics treated with high-dose formoterol. Chest 2003; 124:70-74.
30. Grove A, Lipworth BJ. Tolerance with beta 2-adrenoceptor agonists: time for reappraisal. Br J Clin Pharmacol 1995; 39:109-118.
31. Doggrell SA. Rho-kinase inhibitors show promise in pulmonary hypertension. Expert Opin Investig Drugs 2005; 14:1157-1159.
32. Sayama CM, Liu JK, Couldwell WT. Update on endovascular therapies for cerebral vasospasm induced by aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurosurg Focus 2006; 21:E12.
33. Murakami T, Kajikawa R, Nakamura H, Nishida T, Yoshimura K, Yoshihara T, et al. Intra-arterial infusion of fasudil hydrochloride to treat post-traumatic cerebral vasospasm. Acute Med Surg 2019; 6:392-395.