1. Mok CC. Biomarkers for lupus nephritis: a critical appraisal.J Biomed Biotechnol 2010; 638413:11.
2. Fiehn C. Early diagnosis and treatment in lupus nephritis: how we can influence the risk for terminal renal failure. J Rheumatol 2006; 33:1464–6416.
3. Cross J, Jayne D. Diagnosis and treatment of kidney disease. Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 2005; 19:785- 798.
4. Liu CC, Manzi S, Ahearn JM. Biomarkers for systemic lupus erythematosus: a review and perspective. Curr Opin Rheumatol 2005;17:543–449.
5. Bajaj S, Albert L, Gladman DD, Urowitz MB, Hallett DC, Ritchie S. Serial renal biopsy in systemic lupus erythematosus. J Rheumatol 2000; 27:2822–2826.
6. Mishra J, Ma Q, Prada A
. Identification of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin as a novel early urinary biomarker for ischemic renal injury. J Am Soc Nephrol 2003; 4:2534–2443.
7. Devarajan P. Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL): a new marker of kidney disease. Scand J Clin Lab Invest Suppl 2008; 241:89-94.
8. Siew ED, Ware LB, Gebretsadik T
.Urine neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin moderatelypredicts acute kidney injury in critically ill adults. J Am Soc Nephrol 2009; 20:1823-6832.
9. Mishra J, Dent C, Tarabishi R, Mitsnefes MM, Ma Q, Kelly C, et al. Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) as a biomarker for acute renal injury after cardiac surgery. Lancet 2005; 365:1231-1238.
10. Pitashny M, Schwartz N, Qing X, aili B, Aranow C, Mackay M, et al. Urinary lipocalin-2 is associated with renal disease activity in human lupus nephritis. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56:1894-1903.
11. Brunner HI, Mueller M, Rutherford C. Urinary neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin as a biomarker of nephritis in childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54:2577-2584.
12. Bolignano D, Coppolino G, Campo S. Urinary neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) is associated with severity of renal disease in proteinuric patients. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2008; 23:414-416.
13. Mori K, Lee HT, Rapoport D, Drexler IR, Foster K, et al. Endocytic delivery of lipocalinsiderophore-iron complex rescues the kidney from ischemia-reperfusion injury. J Clin Invest 2005;115:610-621.
14. Brunner HI, Mueller M, Rutherford C, Passo MH, Witte D, Grom A, et al. Urinary neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin as a biomarker of nephritis in childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54:2577-2584.
15. Rubinstein T, Pitashny M, Putterman C. The novel role of neutrophil gelatinase-B associated lipocalin (NGAL)/ lipocalin-2 as a biomarker for lupus nephritis. Autoimmun Rev 2008; 7:229-234.
16. Koura HM, Galal A, Elshamaa MF, Kandil DM, Eman A. Elghorori, Eman S. Khalifa. Urinary neutrophil gelatinase – associated lipocalin as a marker of disease activity inpatients with lupus nephritis. Int J Acad Res 2011; 3:141-146.
17. Suzuki M, Wiers KM, Klein-Gitelman MS. Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin as a biomarker of disease activity in pediatric lupus nephritis. Pediatr Nephrol 2008; 23:403-412.