1. Kahouli I, Tomaro-Duchesneau C, Prakash S. Probiotics in colorectal cancer (CRC) with emphasis on mechanisms of action and current perspectives. J Med Microbiol 2013; 62:1107–1123.
2.Irecta-Najera CA, Huizar-Lopez MR, Casas-Solis J, Castro-Felix P, SanterreA. Protective effect of Lactobacillus casei on DMH-induced colon carcinogenesis in mice. Probiotics & Antimicro Prot 2017; 9:163-172.
3. Dorostkar R, Hashemzadeh MS, Jafari S, Tat M, Ghalavand M, Asghari MH, et al. Immunotherapeutic efficacy of a Lactobacillus casei lysate as an adjuvant combined with a heated-4T1mammary carcinoma cell lysate in a murine model of breast cancer. Asian Biomed 2016;10: 327–334.
4. Globocan. Estimated cancer incidence, mortality and prevalence Worldwide in 2012. Available from: http://globocan.iarc.fr/Pages/fact_sheets_ population.aspx. Accessed 24 Dec 2017.
5. An BC, Hong S, Park HJ, Kim BK, Ahn JY, Ryu Y, et al. Anti-colorectal cancer effects of probiotic-derived p8 protein. Genes 2019;10: 624, 1-12.
6. Bauerl C, Perez-Martinez G, Yan F, Polk DB, Monedero V. functional analysis of the p40 and p75 proteins from Lactobacillus casei BL23. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 2010; 19: 231–241.
7. Lin J, Zou Y, Ma C, Liang Y, Ge X, Chen Z, et al. Construction and characterization of three protein-targeting expression system in Lactobacillus casei. FEMS Microbiol Lett 2016; 363: 1-8.
8. Claes IJJ, Schoofs G, Regulski K, Courtin P, Chapot-Chartier M-P, Rolain T, et al. Genetic and biochemical characterization of the cell wall hydrolase activity of the major secreted protein of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG. PLoS One 2012; 7: 1-8.
9. Tiptiri-Kourpeti A, Spyridopoulou K, Santarmaki V, Aindelis G, Tompoulidou E, Lamprianidou EE, et al. Lactobacillus casei exerts anti-proliferative effects accompanied by apoptotic cell death and up-regulation of TRAIL in colon carcinoma cells. PLoS ONE 2016; 11:1-20.
10. Liu Q, Yu Z, Tian F, Zhao J, Zhang H, Zhai Q, et al. Surface components and metabolites of probiotics for regulation of intestinal epithelial barrier. Microb Cell Fact 2020; 19: 1-11.
11. Sanchez B, Urdaci M C, Margolles A. Extracellular proteins secreted by probiotic bacteria as mediators of effects that promote mucosa–bacteria interactions. Microbiol 2010; 156: 3232–3242.
12. Wang Y, Liu L, Moore DJ, Shen X, Peek RM, Acra SA, et al. An LGG-derived protein promotes IgA production through upregulation of APRIL expression in intestinal epithelial cells. Mucosal Immunol 2017; 10:373–384.
13. Siciliano RA, Mazzeo MF. Molecular mechanisms of probiotic action: a proteomic perspective. Curr Opin Microbiol 2012; 15:390–396.
14. Kumar M, Nagpal R, Verma V, Kumar A, Kaur N, Hemalatha R, et al. Probiotic metabolites as epigenetic targets in the prevention of colon cancer. Nutr Rev 2013; 71:23–34.
15. Thomas CM, Versalovic J. Probiotics-host communication: Modulation of signaling pathways in the intestine. Gut Microbes 2010; 1: 148-163.
16. Soltan Dallal MM, Mojarrad M, Baghbani F, Raoofian R, Mardaneh J, Salehipour Z. Effects of probiotic Lactobacillus acidophilus and Lactobacillu casei on colorectal tumor cells activity (CaCo-2). Arch Iran Med 2015; 18:167-172.
17. Han DJ, Kim JB, Park SY, Yang MG, Kim H. Growth Inhibition of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Huh7 Cells by Lactobacillus casei Extract. Yonsei Med J 2013; 54:1186-1193.
18. Cicenia A, Scirocco A, Carabotti M, Pallotta L, Marignani M, Severi C. Postbiotic activities of Lactobacilli-derived factors. J Clin Gastroenterol 2014; 48: 18-22.
19. Savabi O, Kazemi M, Kamali S, Salehi AR, Eslami G, Tahmourespour A, et al. Effects of biosurfactant produced by Lactobacillus casei on gtfB, gtfC, and ftf gene expression level in S. mutans by real-time RT-PCR. Adv Biomed Res 2014; 3:1-6.
20. Mbye M, Baig MA, AbuQamar SF, El-Tarabily KA, Obaid RS, Osaili TM, et al. Updates on understanding of probiotic lactic acid bacteria responses to environmental stresses and highlights on proteomic analyses. Compr Rev Food Sci Food Saf 2020; 19:1110–1124.
21. Adu KT, Wilson R, Nichols DS, Baker AL, Bowman JP, Britz ML. Proteomic analysis of Lactobacillus casei GCRL163 cell-free extracts reveals a SecB homolog and other biomarkers of prolonged heat stress. PLoS One 2018; 13: 1-28.
22. Hosseini Nezhad M, Hussain MA, Britz ML. Stress responses in probiotic Lactobacillus casei. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 2015;55: 740-749.
23. Papadimitriou K, Alegria A, Bron PA, De Angelis M, Gobbetti M, Kleerebezem M, et al. Stress physiology of lactic acid bacteria. Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 2016; 80:837-890.
24. Wu R, Sun Z, Wu J, Meng H, Zhang H. Effect of bile salts stress on protein synthesis of Lactobacillus casei Zhang revealed by 2-dimensional gel electrophoresis. J Dairy Sci 2010; 93: 3858-3868.
25. Dadfarma N, Karimi G, Nowroozi J, Nejadi N, Kazemi B, Bandehpour M. The Proteomic Analysis of Lactobacillus casei in Response to Different pHs Using Two-Dimensional Electrophoresis and MALDI TOF Mass Spectroscopy. Iran J Microbiol 2020; 12:431-436.
26. Sadhu A, Ganguly K.K. Lactobacillus sp. A Threat to Pathogenic Microorganisms and Tumor Cells. J Cancer Ther 2017; 8: 96-111.
27. Xu C, Qiao L, Guo Y, Ma L, Cheng Y. Preparation, characteristics and antioxidant activity of polysaccharides and proteins-capped selenium nanoparticles synthesized by Lactobacillus casei 393. Carbohydr Polym 2018; 4:576-585.
28. Kavousipour S, Khademi F, Zamani M, Vakili B, Mokarram P. Novel biotechnology approaches in colorectal cancer diagnosis and therapy. Biotechnol Lett 2017; 39:785-803.
29. Sidira M, Galanis A, Ypsilantis P, Karapetsas A, Progaki Z, Simopoulos C, et al. Effect of Probiotic-Fermented Milk Administration on Gastrointestinal Survival of Lactobacillus casei ATCC 393 and Modulation of Intestinal Microbial Flora. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 2010; 19:224–230.
30. Maftuni K, Zare P. Effects of Lactobacillus casei culture supernatant on differentiation of K562 cell line. Med Lab J 2017; 11:16-21.
31. Ghanbariasad A, Bandehpour M, Yaghoobi H,Kazemi B. Suicide gene therapy for breast cancer with a suicide-inducing vector carrying the mammaglobin-1 promoter. Minerva Biotechnol 2018; 30:45-50.
32. Kim SN, Lee WM, Park KS, Kim JB, Han DJ, Bae J. The effect of Lactobacillus casei extract on cervical cancer cell lines. Contemp Oncol (Pozn)2015; 19:306-312.
33. Chuah LO, Foo HL, Loh TC, Mohammed Alitheen NB, Yeap SK, Abdul Mutalib NE, et al. Postbiotic metabolites produced by Lactobacillus plantarum strains exert selective cytotoxicity effects on cancer cells. BMC Complement Altern Med 2019; 19:1-12.
34. Segawa S, Fujiya M, Konishi H, Ueno N, Kobayashi N, Shigyo T, et al. Probiotic-derived polyphosphate enhances the epithelial barrier function and maintains intestinal homeostasis through integrin–p38 MAPK pathway. PLoS One 2011; 6: 1-15.
35. Jerjees DA, AL-Irhayim BA. P53 expression in colonic carcinoma immunohistochemical study. Ann Coll Med 2009; 35:111-116.
36. Azarhoush R, Heidari K, Samadzadeh S, Heidari, Mehravar F. Expression of p53 Protein in Colorectal Cancer and Association with Prognostic Factors in Northeast Iran. Acta Med Iran 2018; 56:161-165.
37. Rostami-Nejad M, Rezaei Tavirani S, Mansouri V, Jahani Sherafat S, Moravvej Farshi H. Gene expression profile analysis of colon cancer grade II into grade III transition by using system biology. Gastroenterol Hepatol Bed Bench 2019; 12: 60-66.
38. Ghavam-Nasiri MR, Rezaei E, Ghafarzadegan K, Seilanian-Toosi M, Malekifard H. Expression of p53 in Colorectal Carcinoma: Correlation with Clinicopathologic Features. Arch Iran Med 2007; 10: 38-42.
39. Koveitypour Z, Panahi F, Vakilian M, Peymani M, Forootan FS, Nasr Esfahani MH, et al. Signaling pathways involved in colorectal cancer progression. Cell Biosci 2019; 9:1-14.
40. Yang XL, Liu KY, Lin FJ, Shi HM,Ou ZL. CCL28 promotes breast cancer growth and metastasis through MAPK-mediated cellular anti-apoptosis and pro-metastasis. Oncol Rep 2017; 38: 1393-1401.
41. Guo YJ, Pan WW, Liu SB, Shen ZF, Xu Y, Hu LL. ERK/MAPK signaling pathway and tumorigenesis. Exp Ther Med 2020; 19: 1997-2007.
42. Low HB, Zhang Y. Regulatory Roles of MAPK Phosphatases in Cancer. Immune Netw 2016; 16: 85-98.
43. Santen R J, Song RX, McPherson R, Kumar R, Adam L, Jeng MH, et al. The role of mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase in breast cancer. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 2002; 80: 239-256.
44. Dai C, Zhao DH, Jiang M. VSL3 probiotics regulate the intestinal epithelial barrier in vivo and in vitro via the p38 and ERK signaling pathways. Int J Mol Med 2012; 29: 202-208.
45. Jiang W, Wang X, Zhang C, Xue L, Yang L. Expression and clinical significance of MAPK and EGFR in triple negative breast cancer. Oncol Lett 2020; 19: 1842-1848.
46. Li X, Wang K, Ren Y, Zhang L, Tang XJ, Zhang HM, et al. MAPK signaling mediates sinomenine hydrochlorideinduced human breast cancer cell death via both reactive oxygen species-dependent and -independent pathways: an in vitro and in vivo study. Cell Death Dis 2014; 5: 1-13.
47. Liu Z, Ren L, Liu C, Xia T, Zha X, Wang S. Phenformin Induces Cell Cycle Change, Apoptosis, and Mesenchymal-Epithelial Transition and Regulates the AMPK/mTOR/p70s6k and MAPK/ERK Pathways in Breast Cancer Cells. PLoS One 2015; 10:1-16.
48. Jiang L, Wang Y, Liu G, Liu H, Zhu F, Ji H, et al. C Phycocyanin exerts anti cancer effects via the MAPK signaling pathway in MDA MB 231 cells. Cancer Cell Int 2018; 18:1-14.
49. Lee S, Rauch J, Kolch W. Targeting MAPK Signaling in Cancer: Mechanisms of Drug Resistance and Sensitivity. Int J Mol Sci 2020; 21:1-29.
50. Kaga C, Takagi A, Kano M, Kado S, Kato I, Sakai M, et al. Lactobacillus casei Shirota enhances the preventive efficacy of soymilk in chemically induced breast cancer. Cancer Sci 2013; 104:1508-1514.
51. Yanagihara S, Fukuda S, Ohno H, Yamamoto N. Exposure to Probiotic Lactobacillus acidophilus L-92 Modulates Gene Expression Profiles of Epithelial Caco-2 Cells. J Med Food 2012; 15: 511–519.