1. Arjmand B, Goodarzi P, Mohamadi-Jahani F, Falahzadeh K, Larijani B. Personalized regenerative medicine. Acta Medica Iranica 2017:144-149.
2. Chu D-T, Nguyen TT, Tien NLB, Tran D-K, Jeong J-H, Anh PG, et al. Recent progress of stem cell therapy in cancer treatment: Molecular Mechanisms and Potential Applications. Cells 2020; 9: 563-581.
3. Mirahmadi M, Rezanejadbardaji H, Irfan-Maqsood M, Mokhtari MJ, Naderi-Meshkin H. Stem cell therapy for neurodegenerative diseases: strategies for regeneration against degeneration. J Genes Cells 2017; 3:22-38
4. Steward C, Jarisch A. Haemopoietic stem cell transplantation for genetic disorders. Arch Dis Child 2005; 90:1259-1263.
5. Müller P, Lemcke H, David R. Stem cell therapy in heart diseases–cell types, mechanisms and improvement strategies. Cell Physiol Biochem 2018; 48:2607-2655.
6. Chen S, Du K, Zou C. Current progress in stem cell therapy for type 1 diabetes mellitus. Stem Cell Res Ther 2020; 11:1-13.
7. Shah K, Zhao AG, Sumer H. New approaches to treat osteoarthritis with mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cells Int 2018; 2018: 1-9.
8. Coalson E, Bishop E, Liu W, Feng Y, Spezia M, Liu B, et al. Stem cell therapy for chronic skin wounds in the era of personalized medicine: From bench to bedside. Genes Dis 2019; 6:342-358.
9. Mount NM, Ward SJ, Kefalas P, Hyllner J. Cell-based therapy technology classifications and translational challenges. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 2015; 370:1-16
10. Aurora AB, Olson EN. Immune modulation of stem cells and regeneration. Cell stem cell 2014; 15:14-25.
11. Petrie TA, Strand NS, Tsung-Yang C, Rabinowitz JS, Moon RT. Macrophages modulate adult zebrafish tail fin regeneration. Development 2014; 141:2581-2591.
12. Godwin JW, Rosenthal N. Scar-free wound healing and regeneration in amphibians: immunological influences on regenerative success. Differentiation 2014; 87:66-75.
13. Godwin JW, Pinto AR, Rosenthal NA. Chasing the recipe for a pro-regenerative immune system. Semin Cell Dev Biol 2017; 61:71-79
14. Abnave P, Ghigo E. Role of the immune system in regeneration and its dynamic interplay with adult stem cells. Semin Cell Dev Biol 2019; 87:160-168
15. Julier Z, Park AJ, Briquez PS, Martino MM. Promoting tissue regeneration by modulating the immune system. Acta Biomater 2017; 53:13-28.
16. Kelly SH, Shores LS, Votaw NL, Collier JH. Biomaterial strategies for generating therapeutic immune responses. Adv Drug Deliv Rev 2017; 114:3-18.
17. Xia H, Li X, Gao W, Fu X, Fang RH, Zhang L, et al. Tissue repair and regeneration with endogenous stem cells. Nat Rev Mater 2018; 3:174-193.
18. Zhou Z, Shirakawa T, Ohbo K, Sada A, Wu Q, Hasegawa K, et al. RNA binding protein Nanos2 organizes post-transcriptional buffering system to retain primitive state of mouse spermatogonial stem cells. Dev Cell 2015; 34:96-107.
19. Farshchian M, Matin MM, Armant O, Geerts D, Dastpak M, Nakhaei-Rad S, et al. Suppression of dsRNA response genes and innate immunity following Oct4, Stella, and Nanos2 overexpression in mouse embryonic fibroblasts. Cytokine 2018; 106:1-11.
20. Pino CJ, Westover AJ, Johnston KA, Buffington DA, Humes HD. Regenerative medicine and immunomodulatory therapy: insights from the kidney, heart, brain, and lung. Kidney Int Rep 2018; 3:771-783.
21. Iismaa SE, Kaidonis X, Nicks AM, Bogush N, Kikuchi K, Naqvi N, et al. Comparative regenerative mechanisms across different mammalian tissues. NPJ Regen Med 2018; 3:1-20.
22. De Keuckelaere E, Hulpiau P, Saeys Y, Berx G, Van Roy F. Nanos genes and their role in development and beyond. Cell Mol Life Sci 2018; 75:1929-1946.
23. Wu X, Thi VLD, Huang Y, Billerbeck E, Saha D, Hoffmann H-H, et al. Intrinsic immunity shapes viral resistance of stem cells. Cell 2018; 172:423-438
24. Guo YL. The underdeveloped innate immunity in embryonic stem cells: The molecular basis and biological perspectives from early embryogenesis. Am J Reprod Immunol 2019; 81:e13089.
25. Chen L-L, Yang L, Carmichael G. Molecular basis for an attenuated cytoplasmic dsRNA response in human embryonic stem cells. Cell Cycle 2010; 9:3552-3564.
26. Wang R, Teng C, Spangler J, Wang J, Huang F, Guo Y-L. Mouse embryonic stem cells have underdeveloped antiviral mechanisms that can be exploited for the development of mRNA-mediated gene expression strategy. Stem Cells Dev 2014; 23:594-604.
27. D’Angelo W, Chen B, Gurung C, Guo Y-L. Characterization of embryonic stem cell-differentiated fibroblasts as mesenchymal stem cells with robust expansion capacity and attenuated innate immunity. Stem Cell Res Ther 2018; 9:1-12.
28. Cullen BR, Cherry S. Is RNA interference a physiologically relevant innate antiviral immune response in mammals? Cell Host Microbe 2013; 14:374-378.
29. Maillard PV, Van der Veen AG, Deddouche‐Grass S, Rogers NC, Merits A, Reis e Sousa C. Inactivation of the type I interferon pathway reveals long double‐stranded RNA‐mediated RNA interference in mammalian cells. EMBO J 2016; 35:2505-2518.
30. Guo YL. Utilization of different anti‐viral mechanisms by mammalian embryonic stem cells and differentiated cells. Immunology Immunol Cell Biol 2017; 95:17-23.
31. Wu X, Kwong AC, Rice CM. Antiviral resistance of stem cells. Curr Opin Immunol 2019; 56:50-59.
32. Fan J-B, Miyauchi-Ishida S, Arimoto K-i, Liu D, Yan M, Liu C-W, et al. Type I IFN induces protein ISGylation to enhance cytokine expression and augments colonic inflammation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2015; 112:14313-14318.
33. Weiss E, Rautou P-E, Fasseu M, Giabicani M, de Chambrun M, Wan J, et al. Type I interferon signaling in systemic immune cells from patients with alcoholic cirrhosis and its association with outcome. J Hepatol 2017; 66:930-941.
34. D’Angelo W, Gurung C, Acharya D, Chen B, Ortolano N, Gama V, et al. The molecular basis for the lack of inflammatory responses in mouse embryonic stem cells and their differentiated cells. J Immunol 2017; 198:2147-2155.
35. Hong X-X, Carmichael GG. Innate immunity in pluripotent human cells attenuated response to Interferon-β. J Biol Chem 2013; 288:16196-16205.
36. Wang R, Wang J, Paul AM, Acharya D, Bai F, Huang F, et al. Mouse embryonic stem cells are deficient in type I interferon expression in response to viral infections and double-stranded RNA. J Biol Chem 2013; 288:15926-15936.
37. Guo YL, Carmichael GG, Wang R, Hong X, Acharya D, Huang F, et al. Attenuated innate immunity in embryonic stem cells and its implications in developmental biology and regenerative medicine. Stem Cells 2015; 33:3165-3173.
38. D’Angelo W, Acharya D, Wang R, Wang J, Gurung C, Chen B, et al. Development of antiviral innate immunity during in vitro differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells Dev 2016; 25:648-659.
39. Mescher AL, Neff AW. Regenerative capacity and the developing immune system. Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol 2005;93:39-66
40. Eggenberger J, Blanco-Melo D, Panis M, Brennand KJ. Type I interferon response impairs differentiation potential of pluripotent stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2019; 116:1384-1393.