1. World Health Organization. Global tuberculosis report 2019. Gevena [Switzerland]: World Health Organization; 2019.
2. Murray PR, Rosenthal KS, Pfaller MA. Medical microbiology. 8th ed. UK: Elsevier Health Sciences; 2015, p. 221-225.
3. Carroll KC, Butel JS, Morse SA. Jawetz Melnick & Adelbergs medical microbiology. 27th ed. Pennsylvania: McGraw Hill Professional; 2016, p. 309-317.
4. Khademi F, Taheri RA, Avarvand AY, Vaez H, Momtazi-Borojeni AA, Soleimanpour S. Are chitosan natural polymers suitable as adjuvant/delivery system for anti-tuberculosis vaccines?. Microb Pathog 2018; 121: 218-223.
5. Khademi F, Yousefi-Avarvand A, Derakhshan M, Najafi A, Tafaghodi M. Enhancing immunogenicity of novel multistage subunit vaccine of Mycobacterium tuberculosis using PLGA:DDA hybrid nanoparticles and MPLA: Subcutaneous administration. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2019; 22:893-900.
6. Khademi F, Taheri RA, Momtazi-Borojeni AA, Farnoosh G, Johnston TP, Sahebkar A. Potential of cationic liposomes as adjuvants/delivery systems for tuberculosis subunit vaccines. Rev Physiol Biochem Pharmacol. Vol. 175 2018 (pp. 47-69). Springer, Cham.
7. Yousefi-Avarvand A, Tafaghodi M, Soleimanpour S, Khademi F. HspX protein as a candidate vaccine against Mycobacterium tuberculosis: an overview. Front Biol 2018; 13: 293-296.
8. Khademi F, Derakhshan M, Yousefi-Avarvand A, Tafaghodi M, Soleimanpour S. Multi-stage subunit vaccines against Mycobacterium tuberculosis: an alternative to the BCG vaccine or a BCG-prime boost?. Expert Rev Vaccines 2018; 17: 31-44.
9. Nasiri MJ, Dabiri H, Darban-Sarokhalil D, Rezadehbashi M, Zamani S. Prevalence of drug-resistant tuberculosis in Iran: systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Infect Control 2014; 42: 1212-1218.
10. Liberati A, Altman DG, Tetzlaff J, Mulrow C, Gøtzsche PC, Ioannidis JP, et al. The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions: explanation and elaboration. PLoS Med 2009; 6: e1000100.
11. Munn Z, Moola S, Lisy K, Riitano D, Tufanaru C. Methodological guidance for systematic reviews of observational epidemiological studies reporting prevalence and incidence data. Int J Evid Based Healthc 2015; 13: 147–153.
12. Moradi J, Mohajeri P, Alvandi A, Farahani A, Atashi S, Nasseri K. Molecular identification of mutations associated with pyrazinamide-resistance in multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in eight provinces of iran. J Clin Diagn Res 2017; 11: DC9-12.
13. Atashi S, Izadi B, Jalilian S, Madani SH, Farahani A, Mohajeri P. Evaluation of GeneXpert MTB/RIF for determination of rifampicin resistance among new tuberculosis cases in west and northwest Iran. New Microbes New Infect 2017; 19: 117-20.
14. Sahebi L, Ansarin K, Monfaredan A, Farajnia S, Nili S, Khalili M. Rapid detection of rifampicin-and isoniazid-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis using real-time PCR. Jundishapur J Microbiol 2016; 9: e29147.
15. Sahebi L, Ansarin K, Farajnia S, Monfaredan A, Sabour S. Prevalence and risk factors of drug-resistant tuberculosis in border provinces of Iran. Postgrad Med 2015; 127: 600-606.
16. Velayati AA, Farnia P, Mozafari M, Sheikholeslami MF, Karahrudi MA, Tabarsi P, Hoffner S. High prevelance of rifampin-monoresistant tuberculosis: a retrospective analysis among Iranian pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2014; 90: 99-105.
17. Rashedi J, Mahdavi Poor B, Rafi A, Asgharzadeh M, Abdolalizadeh J, Moaddab SR. Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in north-west of Iran and Republic of Azerbaijan: a major public health concern for Iranian people. J Res Health Sci 2015; 15: 101-103.
18. Moaddab SR, Amini K, Haki BK. Determining the drug susceptibility of Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains to the pyrazinamide. Majallah-i pizishki-i Danishgah-i Ulum-i Pizishki va Khadamat-i Bihdashti-i Darmani-i Tabriz 2015; 37: 56-62. [In Persian]
19. Amini S, Hoffner S, Torkaman MR, Hamzehloo G, Nasiri MJ, Salehi M, Kashkooli GS, Shahraki MS, Mohsenpoor M, Soleimanpour S, Mir R. Direct drug susceptibility testing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis using the proportional method: A multicenter study. J Glob Antimicrob Resist 2019; 17: 242-244.
20. Zarei Z, Emami A, Moghadami M, Kashkooli GS, Pirbonyeh N. Molecular characterization of Isoniazid and Rifampicin target genes in multi-drug resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from southwest of Iran. Gene Rep 2017; 6: 19-25.
21. Honarvar B, Moghadami M, Emami A, Behbahani AB, Taheri M, Roudgari A, Kashkoli GS, Rezaee M, Farzanfar E, Zaree Z, Goharnejad J. Mycobacterium strain and type of resistance in pulmonary tuberculosis patients: a missed link in Iran’s national tuberculosis plan. Shiraz E-Med J 2015; 16: e27748.
22. Motamedifar M, Ebrahim-Saraie HS, Abadi AR, Moghadam MN. First outcome of MDR-TB among co-infected HIV/TB patients from South-West Iran. Tuberc Respir Dis 2015; 78: 253-257.
23. Mansoori N, Yaseri M, Vaziri F, Douraghi M. Genetic diversity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex isolates circulating in an area with high tuberculosis incidence: Using 24-locus MIRU-VNTR method. Tuberculosis 2018; 112: 89-97.
24. Zamani S, Haeili M, Nasiri MJ, Imani Fooladi AA, Javadpour S, Feizabadi MM. Genotyping of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from Hormozgan province of Iran based on 15-locus MIRU-VNTR and spoligotyping. Int J Bacteriol 2016; 2016: 1-8.
25. Nasiri MJ, Rezaei F, Zamani S, Darban-Sarokhalil D, Fooladi AA, Shojaei H, Feizabadi MM. Drug resistance pattern of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from patients of five provinces of Iran. Asian Pac J Trop Med 2014; 7: 193-196.
26. Karimi S, Mirhendi H, Zaniani FR, Manesh SE, Salehi M, Esfahani BN. Rapid detection of streptomycin-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis by rpsL-restriction fragment length polymorphism. Adv Biomed Res 2017; 6: 126-132.
27. Esfahani BN, Zarkesh FS, Yazdi HR, Radaee T. Detection of embB gene mutations in EMB-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from Isfahan province by PCR-SSCP and direct sequencing. Jundishapur J Microbiol 2016; 9: e39594.
28. Mohammadi B, Mohajeri P, Rouhi S, Ramazanzadeh R. The relationship between embb306 and embb406 mutations and ethambutol resistant in Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolated from patients in west of Iran. Med J Islam Repub Iran 2018; 32: 117.
29. Mohajeri P, Norozi B, Atashi S, Farahani A. Anti tuberculosis drug resistance in west of Iran. J Global Infect Dis 2014; 6:114-117.
30. Khosravi AD, Sirous M, Abdi M, Ahmadkhosravi N. Characterization of the most common embCAB gene mutations associated with ethambutol resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from Iran. Infect Drug Resist 2019; 12: 579-584.
31. Khosravi AD, Sirous M, Absalan Z, Tabandeh MR, Savari M. Comparison Of drrA And drrB efflux pump genes expression in drug-susceptible and-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains isolated from tuberculosis patients In Iran. Infect Drug Resist 2019; 12: 3437-44.
32. Badie F, Arshadi M, Mohsenpoor M, Gharibvand SS. Drug resistance pattern of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from patients referred to TB reference laboratory in Ahvaz. Osong Public Health Res Perspect 2016; 7: 32-35.
33. Khosravi AD, Shahraki AH, Dezfuli SK, Hashemzadeh M, Goodarzi H, Mohajeri P. Genetic diversity of multidrug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains isolated from tuberculosis patients in Iran using MIRU-VNTR technique. Kaohsiung J Med Sci 2017; 33: 550-557.
34. Khosravi AD, Goodarzi H, Alavi SM, Akhond MR. Application of deletion-targeted multiplex PCR technique for detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Beijing strains in samples from tuberculosis patients. Iran J Microbial 2014; 6: 330-334.
35. Heidary F, Esmaeil Lashgarian H, Karkhane M, Najar Peerayeh S. Molecular detection of isoniazid and rifampin resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from lorestan province, Iran from 2014 to 2017. Arch Clin Infect Dis 2019; 15: e81436.
36. Farazi A, Sofian M, Zarrinfar N, Katebi F, Hoseini SD, Keshavarz R. Drug resistance pattern and associated risk factors of tuberculosis patients in the central province of Iran. Caspian J Intern Med 2013; 4: 785-789.
37. Babamahmoodi F, Mahdavi MR, Jalali H, Talebi B, Roshan P, Mahdavi M. Evaluation of gene mutations involved in drug resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains derived from tuberculosis patients in Mazandaran, Iran, 2013. Int J Mol Cell Med 2014; 3: 190-195.
38. Sani AT, Shakiba A, Salehi M, Taghanaki HR, Fard SF, Ghazvini K. Epidemiological characterization of drug resistance among Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolated from patients in northeast of Iran during 2012-2013. BioMed Res Int 2015; 2015:1-6.
39. Movahede-Danesh M, Ghazvini K, Heydari A. Evaluation of Antimicrobial Resistance of New Cases of Pulmonary Tuberculosis, in Khorasan, Iran. J Med Bacteriol 2014; 3: 45-51.
40. Hashemi Shahri SM, Fardoust F, Mogharabi Ostad Kalayeh S, Ghenaatpisheh Sanani M. Prevalence of Antibiotic Resistance to Isonicotinylhydrazide and Rifampicin in Culture Positive Pulmonary Tuberculosis Patients from 2014 to 2016 in Zahedan City, Iran. Hosp. Pract Res 2019; 4: 57-61.
41. Shirazinia R, Saadati D, Zeinali E, Mishkar AP. The Incidence and Epidemiology of Tuberculosis in Sistan Region: an Update to Past Researches. Int J Basic Sci Med 2017; 2: 189-193.
42. Vaziri F, Kohl TA, Ghajavand H, Kamakoli MK, Merker M, Hadifar S, Khanipour S, Fateh A, Masoumi M, Siadat SD, Niemann S. Genetic diversity of multi-and extensively drug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates in the capital of Iran, revealed by whole-genome sequencing. J Clin Microbiol 2019; 57: e01477-18.
43. Habibnia S, Zaker S, Nasiri MJ, Doustdar F, Ghalavand Z, Ghalami M, Eslami G. Prevalence of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis: a six-year single-center retrospective study in Tehran, Iran. Arch Clin Infect Dis 2019; 14: e82828.
44. Aghajani J, Saif S, Farnia P, Farnia P, Ghanavi J, Velayati AA. An 8-year study on the prevalence and drug resistance of Mycobacteria in clinical specimens (2011-2018). Clin Epidemiol Glob Health 2020; 8: 557-561.
45. Sakhaee F, Ghazanfari M, Ebrahimzadeh N, Vaziri F, Jamnani FR, Davari M, Gharibzadeh S, Mandjin FH, Fateh A, Siadat SD. A comparative study of phenotypic and genotypic first-and second-line drug resistance testing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Biologicals 2017; 49: 33-38.
46. Khanipour S, Ebrahimzadeh N, Masoumi M, Sakhaei F, Alinezhad F, Safarpour E, Fateh A, Nematollahi AN, Tasbiti AH, Zolfaghari MR, Bahrmand AR. Haarlem 3 is the predominant genotype family in multidrug-resistant and extensively drug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis in the capital of Iran: a 5-year survey. J Glob Antimicrob Resist 2016; 5: 7-10.
47. Imani Fooladi AA, Babak F, Fazlollah MS, Nematollah JJ. Rapid detection of MDR–Mycobacterium tuberculosis using modified PCR-SSCP from clinical Specimens. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed 2014; 4: S165-170.
48. Tasbiti AH, Yari S, Ghanei M, Shokrgozar MA, Fateh A, Bahrmand A. Low Levels of Extensively Drug-resistant Tuberculosis among Multidrug Resistant Tuberculosis Isolates and Their Relationship to Risk Factors: Surveillance in Tehran, Iran; 2006 to 2014. Osong Public Health Res Perspect 2017; 8: 116-123.
49. Sharifipour E, Nasiri M, Farnia P, Mozafari M, Irani S. Evaluation of molecular diversity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains by polymorphisms in RD Regions. J Mycobac Dis 2014; 4: 2161-1068.
50. Bahrami S, Bahrmand AR, Safarpour E, Masoumi M, Saifi M. Detection of ethambutol-resistant associated mutations in Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from Iran using multiplex allele-specific PCR. J Med Microbiol Infec Dis 2013: 1: 41-45.
51. Pooideh M, Jabbarzadeh I, Ranjbar R, Saifi M. Molecular epidemiology of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates in 100 patients with tuberculosis using pulsed field gel electrophoresis. Jundishapur J Microbiol 2015; 8: e18274.
52. Varahram M, Nasiri MJ, Farnia P, Mozafari M, Velayati AA. A retrospective analysis of isoniazid-monoresistant tuberculosis: among Iranian pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Open Microbiol J 2014; 8: 1-5.
53. Bialvaei AZ, Asgharzadeh M, Aghazadeh M, Nourazarian M, Kafil HS. Challenges of tuberculosis in Iran. Jundishapur J Microbiol 2017; 10: e37866.
54. LoBue PA, Moser KS. Use of isoniazid for latent tuberculosis infection in a public health clinic. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2003; 168: 443-7.
55. Feyisa SG, Abdurahman AA, Jimma W, Chaka EE, Kardan-Yamchi J, Kazemian H. Resistance of Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains to Rifampicin: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Heliyon 2019; 5: e01081.
56. Miotto P, Zhang Y, Cirillo DM, Yam WC. Drug resistance mechanisms and drug susceptibility testing for tuberculosis. Respirology 2018; 23: 1098-113.