1. Vela L, Lorenzo C, Perez RA. Antioxidant capacity of Spanish and its correlation with polyphenol content and other physicochemical properties. J Sci Food Agric 2007; 87: 1069-1075.
2. Alvarez-Suarez JM, Tulipani S, Diaz D, Estevez Y, Romandini S, Giampieri F, et al. Antioxidant and antimicrobial capacity of several monofloral Cuban honeys and their correlation with color, polyphenol content and other chemical compounds. Food Chem Toxicol 2010; 48: 2490-2499.
3. Kwakman PHS, Zaat SAJ. Critical review: Antibacterial components of honey. IUBMB Life 2012; 64: 48-55.
4. Blair SE, Cokcetin NN, Harry EJ, Carter DA. The unusual antibacterial activity of medical-grade Leptospermum honey: antibacterial spectrum, resistance and transcriptome analysis. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 2009; 28: 1199-1208.
5. Cooper RA, Jenkins L, Henriques AFM, Duggan RS, Burton NF. Absence of bacterial resistance to medical-grade Manuka honey. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 2010; 29: 1237-1241.
6. Maddocks S, Lopez M, Rowlands R, Cooper R. Manuka honey inhibits the development of Streptococcus pyogenes biofilms and causes reduced expression of two fibronectin binding proteins. Microbiol 2012; 158: 781-790.
7. Carter DA, Blair SE, Cokcetin NN, Bouzo D, Brooks P. Therapeutic Manuka honey: No longer so alternative. Frontier in Microbiol 2016; 7: 1-11.
8. Sherlock O, Dolan A, Athman R, Power A, Gethin G, Cowman S, et al. Comparison of the antimicrobial activity of Ulmo honey from Chile and Manuka honey against methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. BMC Complementary and Alternative Med 2010; 10: 1-5.
9. Zhao O, Drlica K. Reactive oxygen species and bacterial response to lethal stress. Curr Opinion in Microbiol 2014; 21: 1-6.
10. Pourahmad Jaktaji R, Mohamadi P. The effect of total alkaloid extract of local Sophora alopecuroides on MIC and intracellular accumulation of ciprofloxacin, and acrA expression in ciprofloxacin high resistance Escherichia coli clones. JGAR 2018; 12: 55-60.
11. Bahraminejad S, Seifolahpour B, Amiri R. Antifungal effects of some medicinal and aromatic plant essential oils against Alternaria solani. J Crop Prot 2016; 5: 603-616.
12. Ghannadi A, Tavakoli N, Mehri-Ardestani M. Volatile constituents of leaves of Ziziphus spina-chriti L. willd from Bushehr, Iran JEOR 2003; 15: 191-192.
13. Safaei M, Tarkesh M, Basiri M, Bashari H. Determinig the potential habitat of Astragalus verus Oliver using the geostatistical and logistic regression methods. Arid Biome Sci Res J 2013; 3: 1-14.
14. Edeoga HO, Okwu DE, Mbaebie BO. Phytochemical constituents of some Nigerian medicinal plants. African J Biotechnol 2005; 4: 685-688.
15. Khalil I, Moniruzzaman M, Boukraa L, Benhanifia M, Islam A, Islam N, et al. Physicochemical and antioxidant properties of Algerian honey. Molecule 2012; 17:11199-11215.
16. Shamsa F, Monsef HR, Ghamooshi R, Verdian Rizi MR. Spectrophotometric determination of total alkaloid in Peganum harmala L. using bromocresol green. Res J Phytochem 2007; 1: 79-82.
17. National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards. Methods for dilution antimicrobial susceptibility tests for bacteria that grow aerobically 10ed ed. Approved standard M07-A10 Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, Wayne, PA, USA 2015; 35: 1-87.
18. Botelho MG. Fractional inhibitory concentration index of combinations of antibacterial agents cariogenic organisms. J Dentistr 2000; 28: 565-570.
19. Goswami M, Mangoli SH, Jawali N. Involvement of reactive oxygen species in the action of ciprofloxacin against Escherichia coli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2006; 50: 949-954.
20. Beretta G, Granata P, Ferrero M, Orioli M, Maffei Facino R. Standardization of antioxidant properties of honey by a combination of spectrophotometric/fluorimetric assays and chemometrics. Analytica Chimica ACTA 2005; 533: 185-191.
21. Sahu SK, Behuria HG. Biochemical characterization of H2O2 –induced oxidative stress in E. coli. J Appl Microbiol Biochem 2018; 2: 1-8
22. Smirnova GV, Tyulenev AV, Muzyka NG, Peters MA, Oktyabrsky ON. Ciprofloxacin provokes SOS-dependent changes in respiration and membrane potential and causes alterations in the redox status of Escherichia coli. Res in Microbiol 2017; 168: 64-73.
23. Bienert GP, Schjoerring JK, Jahn TP. Membrane transport of hydrogen peroxide. Biochimica et Biophysica ACTA (BBA) 2006; 1758: 994-1003.
24. Balan B, Mal G, Das S, Singh H. Synergistic and additive antimicrobial activities of curcumin, Manuka honey and whey proteins. Food Biochem 2016; 40: 647-654.
25. Al Masaudi SB, Al Bureikan MO. Antimicrobial activity of garlic juice (Allium Sativum), honey, and garlic-honey mixture on some sensitive and multiresistant microorganisms. Life Sci J 2013; 10: 2429-2435.