1. Iwanowycz S, Wang J, Hodge J, Wang Y, Yu F, Fan D. Emodin inhibits breast cancer growth by blocking the tumor-promoting feed forward loop between cancer cells and macrophages. Mol Cancer Ther 2016; 15:1931-1942.
2. Chen C, Nong Z, Xie Q, He J, Cai W, Tang X et al. Dodecyl-6-methoxycyclohexa-2,5-diene-1,4-dione inhibits the growth and metastasis of breast carcinoma in mice. Sci Rep 2017; 19:1-12.
3. Avtanski D, Poretsky L. Phyto-polyphenols as potential inhibitors of breast cancer metastasis. Mol Med 2018; 24:1-17.
4. Orlando A, Messa C, Linsalata M, Cavallini A, Russo F. Effects of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG on proliferation and polyamine metabolism in HGC-27 human gastric and DLD-1 colonic cancer cell lines. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 2009; 31:108-116.
5. Górska A, Przystupski D, Niemczura MJ, Kulbacka J. Probiotic bacteria: a promising tool in cancer prevention and therapy. Curr Microbiol 2019; 76:939-949.
6. Orlando A, Linsalata M, Russo F. Antiproliferative effects on colon adenocarcinoma cells induced by co-administration of vitamin K1 and Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG. Int J Oncol 2016; 48: 2629-2638.
7. Orlando A, Refolo MG, Messa C, Amati L, Lavermicocca P, Guerra V et al. Antiproliferative and proapoptotic effects of viable or heat-killed Lactobacillusparacasei IMPC2.1 and Lactobacillusrhamnosus GG in HGC-27 gastric and DLD-1 colon cell lines. Nutr Cancer 2012; 64:1103-1111.
8. Wu M, Huang S. Magnetic nanoparticles in cancer diagnosis, drug delivery and treatment. Mo Cli Oncol 2017; 7:738-746.
9. Chen J, Shi M, Liu P, Ko A, Zhong W, Liao W et al. Reducible polyamidoamine‑magnetic iron oxide self‑assembled nanoparticles for doxorubicin delivery. Biomaterials 2014; 32:1240-1248.
10. Kossatz S, Grandke J, Couleaud P, Latorre A, Aires A, Crosbie-Staunton K et al. Efficient treatment of breast cancer xenografts with multifunctionalized iron oxide nanoparticles combining magnetic hyperthermia and anti-cancer drug delivery. Breast Cancer Res 2015; 66:1-17.
11. Hilger I, Kaiser WA. Iron oxide-based nanostructures for MRI and magnetic hyperthermia. Nanomedicine 2012; 7:1443-1459.
12. Piehler S, Dähring H, Grandke J, Göring J, Couleaud P, Aires A, et al. Iron oxide nanoparticles as carriers for DOX and magnetic hyperthermia after intratumoral application into breast cancer in mice: impact and future perspectives. Nanomaterials 2020; 10:1-16.
13. Pepper SJ, BritzML. Acid up-regulated surface protein of Lactobacillus paracasei strain GCRL 46 is phylogenetically related to the secreted glucan- (GpbB) and immunoglobulin-binding (SibA) protein of pathogenic Streptococci. Int J MolSci 2019; 20:1-21.
14. Xuan S, Wang F, Lai FMY, Sham KWY, Wang XJ, Lee S, et al. Synthesis of biocompatible, mesoporous Fe3O4 nano/microspheres with large surface area for magnetic resonance imaging and therapeutic applications. ACS Appl Mater Int 2011; 3:237-244.
15. Sharifi M, Hasan A, Nanakali NMQ, Salihi A, Qadir FA, Muhammad HA, et al. Combined chemo-magnetic field-photothermal breast cancer therapy based on porous magnetite nanospheres. Sci Rep 2020; 10:1-15.
16. National Research Council (NRC) 8th ed. Washington, USA: National Academies Press; 2011. Committee for the update of the guide for care and use of laboratory animals; pp. 11-41.
17. Lu X, Zhum Y, Bai R, Wu Z, Qian W, Yang L et al. Long-term pulmonary exposure to multi-walled carbon nano-tubes promotes breast cancer metastatic cascades. Nat Nanotechnol 2019; 14:719-727.
18. Wu H, Inoue M. Immunohistochemical analysis for Mdm2 and p53 proteins in methylcholanthrene-induced mouse rhabdomyosarcomas. J Vet Med Sci 2016; 1:427-431.
19. Bressenot A, Marchal S, Bezdetnaya L, Garrier J, Guillemin F, Plénat F. Assessment of apoptosis by immunohistochemistry to active caspase-3, active caspase-7, or cleaved PARP in monolayer cells and spheroid and subcutaneous xenografts of human carcinoma. J HistochemCytochem 2009; 57: 289-300.
20. Zhou Y, Tian L, Zhang YC, Guo BF, Zhou Q.W. Apoptotic effects of psiRNA-STAT3 on 4T1 breast cancer cells in vitro. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2014; 15:6977-6982.
21. Li Z, Yu Y, Wang M, Xu H, Han B, Jiang P et al. Antibreast cancer activity of SPG-56 from sweet potato in MCF-7 bearing mice in situ through promoting apoptosis and inhibiting metastasis. Sci Rep 2019; 1:1-11.
22. Nigjeh SE, Yeap SK, Nordin N, Rahman H, Rosli R. In vivo antitumor effects of citral on 4T1 breast cancer cells via induction of apoptosis and down regulation of aldehyde dehydrogenase activity. Molecules 2019; 24:1-13.
23. Jazzara M, Ghannam A, Soukkarieh C, Murad M. Antiproliferative activity of ƛ-carrageenan through the induction of apoptosis in human breast cancer cells. Iran J Cancer Prev 2016; 57:289-300.
24. Lee JE, Lee J, Kim JH, Cho N, Lee SH, Park SB et al. Characterization of the anti-cancer activity of the probiotic bacterium Lactobacillus fermentum using 2D vs. 3D culture in colorectal cancer cells. Biomolecules 2019; 9:557.
25. Kim JY, Woo HJ, Kim Y, Lee HJ. Screening for antiproliferative effects of cellular components from lactic acid bacteria against human cancer cell lines. Biotechnol Letters 2002; 24:1431-1436.
26. An BC, Hong S, Park HJ, Kim BK, Ahnm JY, Ryu Y, et al. Anticolorectal cancer effects of probiotic-derived p8 protein. Genes (Basel) 2019; 10:1-12.
27. Hassan Z. Anti-cancer and biotherapeutic potentials of probiotic bacteria. J Cancer Sci 2019; 11:1-15.
28. Ma EL, Choi YJ, Choi J, Pothoulakis C, Rhee SH, Im E. The anti-cancer effect of probiotic Bacillus polyfermenticus on human colon cancer cells is mediated through ErbB2 and ErbB3 inhibition. Int J Cancer 2010; 127:780-790.
29. NDong C, Tate JA, Kett WC, Batra J, Demidenko E, Lewis LD et al. Tumor cell targeting by iron oxide nanoparticles is dominated by different factors in vitro versus in vivo. Plo one 2015; 1:1-18.
30. Gao Z, Li Y, You C, Sun K, An P, Sun C et al. Iron Oxide anocarrier-mediated combination therapy of cisplatin and artemisinin for combating drug resistance through highly increased toxic reactive oxygen species generation. ACS Applied Bio Materials 2018; 1:1-38.
31. Benyettou F, Ocadiz Flores JA, Ravaux F, Rezgui R, Jouiad M, Nehme SI et al. Mesoporous γ-iron oxide nanoparticles for magnetically triggered release of doxorubicin and hyperthermia treatment. Chem Europ J 2016; 22:17020-17028.
32. Gholami L, Tafaghodi M, Abbasi B, Daroudi M, KazemiOskuee R. Preparation of superparamagnetic iron oxide/doxorubicin loaded chitosan nanoparticles as a promising glioblastoma theranostic tool. J Cell Physiol 2019; 234:1547-1559.
33. Wang Y, Wu Y, Wang Y, Xu H, Mei X, Yu D et al. Anti-oxidant properties of probiotic bacteria. Nutrients 2017; 9:1-15.
34. Nowak A, Paliwoda A, Błasiak J. Antiproliferative, pro-apoptotic and anti-oxidative activity of Lactobacillus and
Bifidobacterium strains: A review of mechanisms and therapeutic perspectives. Crit Rev Food SciNutr 2019; 1:1-41.
35. Devarajan E, Sahin AA, Chen JS, Krishnamurthy RR, Aggarwal N, Brun AM et al. Down-regulation of caspase 3 in breast cancer: a possible mechanism for chemoresistance. Oncogene 2002; 21:8843-8851.
36. Lin PW, Nasr TR, Berardinelli AJ, Kumar A, Neish AS. The probiotic Lactobacillus GG may augment intestinal host defense by regulating apoptosis and promoting cytoprotective responses in the developing murine gut. Pediatric Research 2008; 1:1-15.
37. Sharma S, Singh RL, Kakkar P. Modulation of Bax/Bcl-2 and caspases by probiotics during acetaminophen induced apoptosis in primary hepatocytes. Food Chem Toxicol 2018; 49:770-779.