1. Valk E, Rudd CE, Schneider H. CTLA-4 trafficking and surface expression. Trends Immunol 2008; 29:272-279.
2. Walker LS, Sansom DM. The emerging role of CTLA4 as a cell-extrinsic regulator of T cell responses. Nat Rev Immunol 2011; 11:852-863.
3. Rowshanravan B, Halliday N, Sansom DM. CTLA-4: A moving target in immunotherapy. Blood 2018; 131:58-67.
4. Hosseini A, Gharibi T, Marofi F, Babaloo Z, Baradaran B. CTLA-4: From mechanism to autoimmune therapy. Int Immunopharmacol 2020; 80:106221.
5. Mocellin S, Nitti D. CTLA-4 blockade and the renaissance of cancer immunotherapy. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Reviews on Cancer 2013; 1836:187-196.
6. Tsai H-F, Hsu P-N. Cancer immunotherapy by targeting immune checkpoints: mechanism of T cell dysfunction in cancer immunity and new therapeutic targets. Journal of biomedical science 2017; 24:1-8.
7. Zhao Y, Yang W, Huang Y, Cui R, Li X, Li B. Evolving roles for targeting CTLA-4 in cancer immunotherapy. Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry 2018; 47:721-734.
8. Yu H, Yang J, Jiao S, Li Y, Zhang W, Wang J. Cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen 4 expression in human breast cancer: implications for prognosis. Cancer Immunology, Immunotherapy 2015; 64:853-860.
9. Hu P, Liu Q, Deng G, Zhang J, Liang N, Xie J, et al. The prognostic value of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 in cancers: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Scientific Reports 2017; 7:42913.
10. Wieder T, Eigentler T, Brenner E, Röcken M. Immune checkpoint blockade therapy. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2018; 142:1403-1414.
11. Liu Y, Zheng P. How does an anti-CTLA-4 antibody promote cancer immunity? Trends in immunology 2018; 39:953-956.
12. Wei SC, Duffy CR, Allison JP. Fundamental mechanisms of immune checkpoint blockade therapy. Cancer discovery 2018; 8:1069-1086.
13. Hamers-Casterman C, Atarhouch T, Muyldermans S, Robinson G, Hammers C, Songa EB, et al. Naturally occurring antibodies devoid of light chains. Nature 1993; 363:446-448.
14. Van Audenhove I, Gettemans J. Nanobodies as versatile tools to understand, diagnose, visualize and treat cancer. EBioMedicine 2016; 8:40-48.
15. Muyldermans S. Nanobodies: natural single-domain antibodies. Annual review of biochemistry 2013; 82:775-797.
16. Iezzi ME, Policastro L, Werbajh S, Podhajcer O, Canziani GA. Single-domain antibodies and the promise of modular targeting in cancer imaging and treatment. Frontiers in immunology 2018; 9:273.
17. Sotoudeh N, Noormohammadi Z, Habibi-Anbouhi M, Kazemi-Lomedasht F, Behdani M. Evaluation of Laboratory Application of Camelid Sera Containing Heavy-Chain Polyclonal Antibody Against Recombinant Cytotoxic T-Lymphocyte-Associated Protein-4. Monoclonal Antibodies in Immunodiagnosis and Immunotherapy 2019; 38:235-241.
18. Lee CM, Iorno N, Sierro F, Christ D. Selection of human antibody fragments by phage display. Nature protocols 2007; 2:3001.
19. Pardon E, Laeremans T, Triest S, Rasmussen SG, Wohlkönig A, Ruf A, et al. A general protocol for the generation of Nanobodies for structural biology. Nature protocols 2014; 9:674-693.
20. Beatty JD, Beatty BG, Vlahos WG. Measurement of monoclonal antibody affinity by non-competitive enzyme immunoassay. Journal of immunological methods 1987; 100:173-179.
21. Roshan R, Naderi S, Behdani M, Cohan RA, Ghaderi H, Shokrgozar MA, et al. Isolation and characterization of nanobodies against epithelial cell adhesion molecule as novel theranostic agents for cancer therapy. Molecular Immunology 2021; 129:70-77.
22. Darvin P, Toor SM, Nair VS, Elkord E. Immune checkpoint inhibitors: recent progress and potential biomarkers. Experimental & molecular medicine 2018; 50:1-11.
23. Brunet J-F, Denizot F, Luciani M-F, Roux-Dosseto M, Suzan M, Mattei M-G, et al. A new member of the immunoglobulin superfamily-CTLA-4. Nature 1987; 328:267-270.
24. Rothschilds AM, Wittrup KD. What, why, where, and when: bringing timing to immuno-oncology. Trends in Immunology 2019; 40:12-21.
25. Hodi FS, O’Day SJ, McDermott DF, Weber RW, Sosman JA, Haanen JB, et al. Improved survival with ipilimumab in patients with metastatic melanoma. New England Journal of Medicine 2010; 363:711-723.
26. Chames P, Van Regenmortel M, Weiss E, Baty D. Therapeutic antibodies: successes, limitations and hopes for the future. British journal of pharmacology 2009; 157:220-233.
27. Samaranayake H, Wirth T, Schenkwein D, Räty JK, Ylä-Herttuala S. Challenges in monoclonal antibody-based therapies. Annals of medicine 2009; 41:322-331.
28. Jabir NR, Anwar K, Firoz CK, Oves M, Kamal MA, Tabrez S. An overview on the current status of cancer nanomedicines. Current medical research and opinion 2018; 34:911-921.
29. Jovčevska I, Muyldermans S. The therapeutic potential of nanobodies. BioDrugs 2020; 34:11-26.
30. Hu Y, Liu C, Muyldermans S. Nanobody-based delivery systems for diagnosis and targeted tumor therapy. Frontiers in immunology 2017; 8:1442.
31. Steeland S, Vandenbroucke RE, Libert C. Nanobodies as therapeutics: big opportunities for small antibodies. Drug discovery today 2016; 21:1076-1113.
32. Liu W, Song H, Chen Q, Yu J, Xian M, Nian R, et al. Recent advances in the selection and identification of antigen-specific nanobodies. Molecular immunology 2018; 96:37-47.
33. Frenzel A, Schirrmann T, Hust M. Phage display-derived human antibodies in clinical development and therapy. Mabs 2016; 8:1177-1194.
34. Bannas P, Hambach J, Koch-Nolte F. Nanobodies and nanobody-based human heavy chain antibodies as antitumor therapeutics. Frontiers in immunology 2017; 8:1603.
35. Farajpour Z, Rahbarizadeh F, Kazemi B, Ahmadvand D. A nanobody directed to a functional epitope on VEGF, as a novel strategy for cancer treatment. Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2014; 446:132-136.
36. Wen B, Zhao L, Wang Y, Qiu C, Xu Z, Huang K, et al. Nanobodies targeting the interaction interface of programmed death receptor 1 (PD-1)/PD-1 ligand 1 (PD-1/PD-L1). Preparative Biochemistry & Biotechnology 2020; 50:252-259.
37. Banihashemi SR, Hosseini AZ, Rahbarizadeh F, Ahmadvand D. Development of specific nanobodies (VHH) for CD19 immuno-targeting of human B-lymphocytes. Iranian journal of basic medical sciences 2018; 21:455.
38. Wan R, Liu A, Hou X, Lai Z, Li J, Yang N, et al. Screening and antitumor effect of an anti‑CTLA‑4 nanobody. Oncology reports 2018; 39:511-518.
39. Li S, Jiang K, Wang T, Zhang W, Shi M, Chen B, et al. Nanobody against PDL1. Biotechnology Letters 2020:1-10.