1. Siegel RL, Miller KD, Goding Sauer A, Fedewa SA, Butterly LF, Anderson JC, et al. Colorectal cancer statistics, 2020. 2020; 70:145-164.
2. Kheirelseid EA, Miller N, Kerin MJ. Molecular biology of colorectal cancer: Review of the literature. 2013.
3. Abraha AM, Ketema EB. Apoptotic pathways as a therapeutic target for colorectal cancer treatment. World J Gastrointest Oncol 2016; 8:583-591.
4. Uccelli A, Moretta L, Pistoia V. Mesenchymal stem cells in health and disease. Nat Rev Immunol 2008; 8:726-736.
5. Javan MR, Khosrojerdi A, Moazzeni SM. New Insights Into Implementation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Cancer Therapy: Prospects for Anti-angiogenesis Treatment. Front Oncol 2019; 9:840.
6. Le Blanc K, Tammik C, Rosendahl K, Zetterberg E, Ringden O. HLA expression and immunologic properties of differentiated and undifferentiated mesenchymal stem cells. Exp Hematol 2003; 31:890-896.
7. Fang JY, Richardson BC. The MAPK signalling pathways and colorectal cancer. The lancet oncology 2005; 6:322-327.
8. Khakoo AY, Pati S, Anderson SA, Reid W, Elshal MF, Rovira II, et al. Human mesenchymal stem cells exert potent antitumorigenic effects in a model of Kaposi’s sarcoma. The J Exp Med 2006; 203:1235-1247.
9. Qiao L, Xu Z, Zhao T, Zhao Z, Shi M, Zhao RC, et al. Suppression of tumorigenesis by human mesenchymal stem cells in a hepatoma model. Cell research 2008; 18:500-507.
10. Ryu H, Oh JE, Rhee KJ, Baik SK, Kim J, Kang SJ, et al. Adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells cultured at high density express IFN-beta and suppress the growth of MCF-7 human breast cancer cells. Cancer Lett 2014; 352:220-227.
11. Chen K, Liu Q, Tsang LL, Ye Q, Chan HC, Sun Y, et al. Human MSCs promotes colorectal cancer epithelial-mesenchymal transition and progression via CCL5/beta-catenin/Slug pathway. Cell Death Dis 2017; 8:e2819.
12. Cai C, Hou L, Zhang J, Zhao D, Wang Z, Hu H, et al. The Inhibitory Effect of Mesenchymal Stem Cells with rAd-NK4 on Liver Cancer. Appl Biochem Biotechnol 2017; 183:444-459.
13. De Boeck A, Pauwels P, Hensen K, Rummens J-L, Westbroek W, Hendrix A, et al. Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells promote colorectal cancer progression through paracrine neuregulin 1/HER3 signalling. Gut 2013; 62:550-560.
14. Kim HO, Choi S-M, Kim H-S. Mesenchymal stem cell-derived secretome and microvesicles as a cell-free therapeutics for neurodegenerative disorders. Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine 2013; 10:93-101.
15. Skalnikova HKJB. Proteomic techniques for characterisation of mesenchymal stem cell secretome. 2013; 95:2196-2211.
16. Jung PY, Ryu H, Rhee KJ, Hwang S, Lee CG, Gwon SY, et al. Adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells cultured at high density express IFN-beta and TRAIL and suppress the growth of H460 human lung cancer cells. Cancer Lett 2019; 440-441:202-210.
17. Kay AG, Long G, Tyler G, Stefan A, Broadfoot SJ, Piccinini AM, et al. Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Conditioned Medium Reduces Disease Severity and Immune Responses in Inflammatory Arthritis. Sci Rep 2017; 7:18019.
18. Van Buul G, Villafuertes E, Bos P, Waarsing J, Kops N, Narcisi R, et al. Mesenchymal stem cells secrete factors that inhibit inflammatory processes in short-term osteoarthritic synovium and cartilage explant culture. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 2012; 20:1186-1196.
19. Potdar PD, Jethmalani YD. Human dental pulp stem cells: Applications in future regenerative medicine. World J Stem Cells 2015; 7:839.
20. Beltrão-Braga PC, Pignatari GC, Maiorka PC, Oliveira NA, Lizier NF, Wenceslau CV, et al. Feeder-free derivation of induced pluripotent stem cells from human immature dental pulp stem cells. Cell transplantation 2011; 20:1707-1719.
21. Gonzalez-Pons M, Cruz-Correa M. Colorectal Cancer Biomarkers: Where Are We Now? Biomed Res Int 2015; 2015:149014.
22. Jimenez CR, Knol JC, Meijer GA, Fijneman RJ. Proteomics of colorectal cancer: overview of discovery studies and identification of commonly identified cancer-associated proteins and candidate CRC serum markers. J Proteomics 2010; 73:1873-1895.
23. Karamzadeh R, Eslaminejad MB, Aflatoonian R. Isolation, characterization and comparative differentiation of human dental pulp stem cells derived from permanent teeth by using two different methods. J Vis Exp 2012.
24. Pourgonabadi S, Ghorbani A, Tayarani Najarn Z, Mousavi SH. In vitro assessment of alendronate toxic and apoptotic effects on human dental pulp stem cells. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2018;21:905-910.
25. Dominici M, Le Blanc K, Mueller I, Slaper-Cortenbach I, Marini F, Krause D, et al. Minimal criteria for defining multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells. The International Society for Cellular Therapy position statement. 2006; 8:315-317.
26. Asgharian-Rezaee M, Alipour-Farmad R, Tayarani-Najaran ZJRoB, Biology M. Comparison of Osteogenic Potential of Phenytoin with Dexamethasone in Cultured Dental Pulp Stem Cells 2020; 9:331.
27. Shariatnia F, Moallem SA, Ahmadimanesh M, Ramazani E, Tayarani-Najaran ZJIJoP, Pharmacology. Investigation of the appropriate isolation methods of human dental pulp stem cells from third molars for osteogenic and adipogenic differentiation. 2019; 3:147-142.
28. Moghadasali R, Mutsaers HA, Azarnia M, Aghdami N, Baharvand H, Torensma R, et al. Mesenchymal stem cell-conditioned medium accelerates regeneration of human renal proximal tubule epithelial cells after gentamicin toxicity. Exp Toxicol Pathol 2013; 65:595-600.
29. Rahiman N, Akaberi M, Sahebkar A, Emami SA, Tayarani-Najaran Z. Protective effects of saffron and its active components against oxidative stress and apoptosis in endothelial cells. Microvasc Res 2018; 118:82-89.
30. Ahn J-O, Coh Y-R, Lee H-W, Shin I-S, Kang S-K, Youn H-Y. Human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells inhibit melanoma growth in vitro and in vivo. Anticancer research 2015; 35:159-168.
31. Sani IK, Marashi SH, Kalalinia F. Solamargine inhibits migration and invasion of human hepatocellular carcinoma cells through down-regulation of matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 expression and activity. Toxicol In Vitro 2015; 29:893-900.
32. Muniandy K, Gothai S, Tan WS, Kumar SS, Mohd Esa N, Chandramohan G, et al. In vitro Wound Healing Potential of Stem Extract of Alternanthera sessilis. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2018; 2018:3142073.
33. Ramazani E, Tayarani-Najaran Z, Fereidoni M. Celecoxib, indomethacin, and ibuprofen prevent 6-hydroxydopamine-induced PC12 cell death through the inhibition of NFκB and SAPK/JNK pathways. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2019;22:477-484.
34. Justus CR, Leffler N, Ruiz-Echevarria M, Yang LV. In vitro cell migration and invasion assays. J Vis Exp 2014.
35. Shimasaki T, Yamamoto S, Arisawa T. Exosome Research and Co-culture Study. Biol Pharm Bull 2018; 41:1311-1321.
36. Goers L, Freemont P, Polizzi KM. Co-culture systems and technologies: taking synthetic biology to the next level. J R Soc Interface 2014; 11.
37. Kichenbrand C, Velot E, Menu P, Moby V. Dental pulp stem cell-derived conditioned medium: An attractive alternative for regenerative therapy. Tissue Engineering Part B: Reviews 2019; 25:78-88.
38. Randhawa H, Kibble K, Zeng H, Moyer M, Reindl K. Activation of ERK signaling and induction of colon cancer cell death by piperlongumine. Toxicology In Vitro 2013; 27:1626-1633.
39. Hector S, Prehn JH. Apoptosis signaling proteins as prognostic biomarkers in colorectal cancer: a review. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Reviews on Cancer 2009; 1795:117-129.
40. Zeestraten EC, Benard A, Reimers MS, Schouten PC, Liefers GJ, van de Velde CJ, et al. The prognostic value of the apoptosis pathway in colorectal cancer: a review of the literature on biomarkers identified by immunohistochemistry. Biomark Cancer 2013; 5:13-29.
41. Kohno M, Pouyssegur JJAom. Targeting the ERK signaling pathway in cancer therapy. 2006; 38:200-211.
42. Wang X, Wang Q, Hu W, Evers BM. Regulation of phorbol ester-mediated TRAF1 induction in human colon cancer cells through a PKC/RAF/ERK/NF-kappaB-dependent pathway. Oncogene 2004; 23:1885-1895.
43. Zhang W, Liu HT. MAPK signal pathways in the regulation of cell proliferation in mammalian cells. Cell research 2002; 12:9-18.
44. Rizzo S, Bronte G, Fanale D, Corsini L, Silvestris N, Santini D, et al. Prognostic vs predictive molecular biomarkers in colorectal cancer: is KRAS and BRAF wild type status required for anti-EGFR therapy? Cancer treatment reviews 2010; 36:S56-S61.
45. Morris EJ, Rutter MD, Finan PJ, Thomas JD, Valori RJG. Post-colonoscopy colorectal cancer (PCCRC) rates vary considerably depending on the method used to calculate them: a retrospective observational population-based study of PCCRC in the English National Health Service. 2015; 64:1248-1256.
46. Bienz M, Clevers HJC. Linking colorectal cancer to Wnt signaling. 2000; 103:311-320.
47. Lee HY, Hong IS. Double-edged sword of mesenchymal stem cells: Cancer-promoting versus therapeutic potential. Cancer Sci 2017; 108:1939-1946.
48. Hong IS, Lee HY, Kang KS. Mesenchymal stem cells and cancer: friends or enemies? Mutat Res 2014; 768:98-106.
49. Nakamizo A, Marini F, Amano T, Khan A, Studeny M, Gumin J, et al. Human bone marrow–derived mesenchymal stem cells in the treatment of gliomas. 2005; 65:3307-3318.
50. Hu Y-L, Fu Y-H, Tabata Y, Gao J-QJJoCR. Mesenchymal stem cells: A promising targeted-delivery vehicle in cancer gene therapy. 2010; 147:154-162.