1. Gantait S, Mandal N, Das PK. Field evaluation of micropropagated vs. conventionally propagated elephant garlic[J]. J Agri Technol 2010; 7: 97-103.
2. Ahmadabad HN, Zuhair MH, Safari E, Bozorgmehr M , Moazzeni SM. Evaluation of the effect of the 47
kDa protein isolated from aged garlic extract on dendritic cells. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2012; 15:745-751.
3. Antony ML, Singh SV. Molecular mechanisms and targets of cancer chemoprevention by garlic-derived bioactive compound diallyl trisulfide[J]. Indian J Exp Biol 2011; 49:805.
4. Rounds L, Havens C M, Feinstein Y.?, et al. Plant extracts, spices, and essential oils inactivate Escherichia coli O157: H7 and reduce formation of potentially carcinogenic heterocyclic amines in cooked beef patties[J]. J Agric food Chem 2012; 60:3792-3799.
5. Delshad AA, Heshmati M. Garlic extract can induce apoptotic cell death in the human colon adenocarcinoma HT29 cell line. Iran J Pathol 2010; 5:126-131.
6. Slusarenko AJ, Patel A, Portz D. Control of plant diseases by natural products: Allicin from garlic as a case study[M]//Sustainable disease management in a European context. Netherlands: Springer; 2008.p. 313-322.
7. Block E, Naganathan S, Putman D, Zhao SH. Allium chemistry: HPLC analysis of thiosulfinates from onion, garlic, wild garlic (ransoms), leek, scallion, shallot, elephant (great-headed) garlic, chive, and Chinese chive. Uniquely high allyl to methyl ratios in some garlic samples. J Agric Food Chem 1992; 40:2418-2430.
8. 8 Rattanachaikunsopon P, Phumkhachorn P. Antimicrobial activity of elephant garlic oil against Vibrio cholerae in vitro and in a food model[J]. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 2009; 73:1623-1627.
9. Sata N, MatSUNAGA S, FUSETANI N. New Antifungal and Cytotoxic Steroidal Saponins from the Bulbs of an Elephant Garlic Mutant[J]. Biosc Biotechnol Biochem 1998; 62:1904-1911.
10. Pai MH, Kuo YH, Chiang EPI. S-Allylcysteine inhibits tumour progression and the epithelial–mesenchymal transition in a mouse xenograft model of oral cancer[J]. Br J Nutr 2012; 108:28.
11. Karaman I, Sahin F, Gullule M. Antimicrobial activity of aqueous and methanol extracts of Juniperus Oxycedrus L. J Ethano Pharmacol 2003; 85:5-231.
12. Masika PJ, Afolayan AJ. Antimicrobial activity of some plants used for the treatment of livestock disease in the Eastern Cape. South Africa. J Ethanopharmacol 2002; 83:34-129.
13. Bathaie SZ, Miri H, Mohagheghi MA. Saffron aqueous extract inhibits the chemically-induced gastric cancer progression in the wistar albino rat[J]. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2013; 16: 27.
14. Sadeghi Aliabadi H, Emami Ahmad SB, Jafarian A. In vitro cytotoxicity of two subspecies of Juniperus excelsa on cancer cells[J]. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2009; 11:250-253.
15. Razavi SM, Zarrini MG, Ghasemi G. Bioactivity of Malva sylvestris L., a medicinal plant from Iran[J]. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2011.
16. Zhang P, Yang Y, Zweidler-McKay PA. Critical role of notch signaling in osteosarcoma invasion and metastasis[J]. Clin Cancer Res 2008; 14:2962-2969.
17. Volk T, Geiger B, Raz A. Motility and adhesive properties of high-and low-metastatic murine neoplastic cells [J]. Cancer Res 1984; 44:811-824.
Elephant Garlic against U2OS Human Osteosarcoma Cells Huang et al
Iran J Basic Med Sci, Vol. 16, No. 10, Oct 2013
18. Sijin L. The ROCK signaling and breast cancer metastasis. Mol Biol Rep 2011; 38:1363–1366.
19. Prager‐Khoutorsky M, Goncharov I, Rabinkov A. Allicin inhibits cell polarization, migration and division via its direct effect on microtubules[J]. Cell motility and the cytoskeleton 2007; 64:321-337.
20. Milner JA. A historical perspective on garlic and cancer[J]. J Nutr 2001; 131:1027S-1031S.
21. El Astal Z. The inhibitory action of aqueous garlic extract on the growth of certain pathogenic bacteria[J]. Eur Food Res Technol 2004; 218:460-464.
22. Rattanachaikunsopon P, Phumkhachorn P. Diallyl sulfide content and antimicrobial activity against food-borne pathogenic bacteria of chives (Allium
schoenoprasum)[J]. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 2008; 72:2987-2991.
23. Wargovich MJ. Diallyl sulfide, a flavor component of garlic (Allium sativum), inhibits dimethyihydrazine-induced colon cancer [J]. Carcinogenesis 1987; 8:487-489.
24. Stan SD, Kar S, Stoner GD. Bioactive food components and cancer risk reduction [J]. J Cell Biochem 2008; 104:339-356.
25. Sahai E, Marshall CJ. Differing modes of tumour cell invasion have distinct requirements for Rho/ROCK signalling and extracellular proteolysis[J]. Nat Cell Biol 2003, 5:711-719.