1. Hermine O, Ramos JC, Tobinai K. A review of new findings in adult T-cell leukemia-lymphoma: A focus on current and emerging treatment strategies. Adv Ther 2018; 35:135-152.
2. Cook LB, Elemans M, Rowan AG, Asquith B. HTLV-1: Persistence and pathogenesis. Virology 2013; 435:131-140.
3. Qayyum S, Choi JK. Adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2014; 138:282-286.
4. Nosaka K, Matsuoka M. Adult T-cell leukemia-lymphoma as a viral disease: Subtypes based on viral aspects. Cancer Sci 2021;112:1688-1694.
5. Cherian MA, Baydoun HH, Al-Saleem J, Shkriabai N, Kvaratskhelia M, Green P, et al. Akt pathway activation by human t-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax oncoprotein. J Biol Chem 2015; 290:26270-26281.
6. Matsuoka M, Yasunaga J. Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1: replication, proliferation and propagation by Tax and HTLV-1 bZIP factor. Curr Opin Virol 2013; 3:684-691.
7. Giam CZ, Semmes OJ. HTLV-1 infection and adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma-A tale of two proteins: Tax and HBZ. Viruses 2016;8:161.
8. Nicot C. HTLV-I tax-mediated inactivation of cell cycle checkpoints and DNA repair pathways contribute to cellular transformation: “a random mutagenesis model”. J Cancer Sci 2015; 2.
9. Bazarbachi A, Abou Merhi R, Gessain A, Talhouk R, El-Khoury H, Nasr R, et al. Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I-infected cells extravasate through the endothelial barrier by a local angiogenesis-like mechanism. Cancer Res 2004; 64:2039-2046.
10. Harakeh S, Azar R, Azhar E, Damanhouri GA, Assidi M, Abu-Elmagd M, et al. Pecific nutrient combination effects on tax, NF- kappaB and MMP-9 in human T-cell lymphotropic virus -1 positive malignant T-lymphocytes. BMC Cancer 2015; 15 Suppl 1:S2.
11. Harhaj EW, Giam CZ. NF-kappaB signaling mechanisms in HTLV-1-induced adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma. FEBS J 2018; 285:3324-3336.
12. Basakran NS. CD44 as a potential diagnostic tumor marker. Saudi Med J 2015; 36:273-279.
13. Miyatake Y, Sheehy N, Ikeshita S, Hall WW, Kasahara M. Anchorage-dependent multicellular aggregate formation induces CD44 high cancer stem cell-like ATL cells in an NF-kappaB- and vimentin-dependent manner. Cancer Lett 2015; 357:355-363.
14. Wasylishen AR, Penn LZ. Myc: the beauty and the beast. Genes Cancer 2010; 1:532-541.
15. Dang CV. MYC on the path to cancer. Cell 2012; 149:22-35.
16. Zhao W, Li Y, Zhang X. Stemness-related markers in cancer. Cancer Transl Med 2017; 3:87-95.
17. Yang X, Cai H, Liang Y, Chen L, Wang X, Si R, et al. Inhibition of c-Myc by let-7b mimic reverses mutidrug resistance in gastric cancer cells. Oncol Rep 2015; 33:1723-1730.
18. Mesnard JM, Barbeau B, Cesaire R, Peloponese JM. Roles of HTLV-1 basic zip factor (HBZ) in viral chronicity and leukemic transformation. Potential new therapeutic approaches to prevent and treat HTLV-1-related diseases. Viruses 2015; 7:6490-6505.
19. Bazarbachi A, Suarez F, Fields P, Hermine O. How I treat adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma. Blood 2011; 118:1736-1745.
20. Lengfelder E, Hofmann WK, Nowak D. Impact of arsenic trioxide in the treatment of acute promyelocytic leukemia. Leukemia 2012; 26:433-442.
21. Wang QQ, Jiang Y, Naranmandura H. Therapeutic strategy of arsenic trioxide in the fight against cancers and other diseases. Metallomics 2020; 12:326-336.
22. Derosa G, Maffioli P, Sahebkar A. Auraptene and its role in chronic diseases. Adv Exp Med Biol 2016; 929:399-407.
23. Tayarani-Najaran Z, Tayarani-Najaran N, Eghbali S. A review of auraptene as an anticancer agent. Frontiers in Pharmacology 2021; 12:698352.
24. Mousavi SH, Davari AS, Iranshahi M, Sabouri-Rad S, Tayarani Najaran Z. Comparative analysis of the cytotoxic effect of 7-prenyloxycoumarin compounds and herniarin on MCF-7 cell line. Avicenna J Phytomed 2015; 5:520-530.
25. Moussavi M, Haddad F, Rassouli FB, Iranshahi M, Soleymanifard S. Synergy between auraptene, ionizing radiation, and anticancer drugs in colon adenocarcinoma cells. Phytother Res 2017; 31:1369-1375.
26. Movaffagh J, Salari H, Merajifar E, Gholamhosseinian H, Shahroodi A, Iranshahi M, et al. 7-Geranyloxycoumarin enhanced radiotherapy effects on human gastric adenocarcinoma cells. J Can Res Ther 2021.
27. Salari H, Afkhami-Poostchi A, Soleymanifard S, Nakhaei-Rad S, Merajifar E, Iranshahi M, et al. Coadministration of auraptene and radiotherapy; a novel modality against colon carcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo. Int J Radiat Biol 2020; 96:1051-1059.
28. Motlagh FM, Gholami O. Comparison of umbelliprenin and auraptene in cytotoxic effects and myeloid cell leukemia type-1 (Mcl-1) gene expression. Indian J Pharm Sci 2017; 78:827-833.
29. Epifano F, Genovese S, Miller R, Majumdar AP. Auraptene and its effects on the re-emergence of colon cancer stem cells. Phytother Res 2013; 27:784-786.
30. Moon JY, Kim H, Cho SK. Auraptene, a major compound of supercritical fluid extract of phalsak (Citrus Hassaku Hort ex Tanaka), induces apoptosis through the suppression of mTOR pathways in human gastric cancer SNU-1 cells. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2015; 2015:402385.
31. Saboor-Maleki S, Rassouli FB, Matin MM, Iranshahi M. Auraptene attenuates malignant properties of esophageal stem-like cancer cells. Technol Cancer Res Treat 2017; 16:519-527.
32. Nabekura T, Yamaki T, Kitagawa S. Effects of chemopreventive citrus phytochemicals on human P-glycoprotein and multidrug resistance protein 1. Eur J Pharmacol 2008; 600:45-49.
33. Niu X, Huang Z, Zhang L, Ren X, Wang J. Auraptene has the inhibitory property on murine T lymphocyte activation. Eur J Pharmacol 2015; 750:8-13.
34. Lee JC, Shin EA, Kim B, Kim BI, Chitsazian-Yazdi M, Iranshahi M, et al. Auraptene induces apoptosis via myeloid cell leukemia 1-mediated activation of caspases in PC3 and DU145 prostate cancer cells. Phytother Res 2017; 31:891-898.
35. Yang P, Guo L, Duan ZJ, Tepper CG, Xue L, Chen X, et al. Histone methyltransferase NSD2/MMSET mediates constitutive NF-kappaB signaling for cancer cell proliferation, survival, and tumor growth via a feed-forward loop. Mol Cell Biol 2012; 32:3121-3131.
36. Fochi S, Mutascio S, Bertazzoni U, Zipeto D, Romanelli MG. HTLV deregulation of the NF-kappaB pathway: An update on Tax and antisense proteins role. Front Microbiol 2018; 9:285.
37. Hewamana S, Lin TT, Rowntree C, Karunanithi K, Pratt G, Hills R, et al. Rel a is an independent biomarker of clinical outcome in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. J Clin Oncol 2009; 27:763-769.
38. Weichert W, Boehm M, Gekeler V, Bahra M, Langrehr J, Neuhaus P, et al. High expression of RelA/p65 is associated with activation of nuclear factor-kappaB-dependent signaling in pancreatic cancer and marks a patient population with poor prognosis. Br J Cancer 2007; 97:523-530.
39. Tanaka T, de Azevedo MB, Duran N, Alderete JB, Epifano F, Genovese S, et al. Colorectal cancer chemoprevention by 2 beta-cyclodextrin inclusion compounds of auraptene and 4’-geranyloxyferulic acid. Int J Cancer 2010; 126:830-840.
40. Tansey WP. Mammalian MYC proteins and cancer. New J Sci 2014; 2014.
41. Zheng K, Cubero FJ, Nevzorova YA. c-MYC-Making Liver Sick: Role of c-MYC in hepatic cell function, homeostasis and disease. genes (Basel) 2017; 8:123.
42. Koh CM, Sabo A, Guccione E. Targeting MYC in cancer therapy: RNA processing offers new opportunities. Bioessays 2016; 38:266-275.
43. Chen C, Zhao S, Karnad A, Freeman JW. The biology and role of CD44 in cancer progression: therapeutic implications. J Hematol Oncol 2018; 11:64.
44. Hoofd C, Wang X, Lam S, Jenkins C, Wood B, Giambra V, et al. CD44 promotes chemoresistance in T-ALL by increased drug efflux. Exp Hematol 2016; 44:166-171 e117.