1. Vinatier C, Mrugala D, Jorgensen C, Guicheux J, Noël D. Cartilage engineering: a crucial combination of cells, biomaterials and biofactors. Trends Biotechnol 2009; 27:307-314.
2. Baghban Eslaminezhad M, Taghiyar L. Mesenchymal stem cell purification from the articular cartilage cell culture. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2007.
3. Vinatier C, Mrugala D, Jorgensen C, Guicheux J, Noel D. Cartilage engineering: a crucial combination of cells, biomaterials and biofactors. Trends Biotechnol 2009; 27:307-314.
4. Choi YS, Noh SE, Lim SM, Lee CW, Kim CS, Im MW,
et al. Multipotency and growth characteristic of periosteum-derived progenitor cells for chondrogenic, osteogenic, and adipogenic differentiation. Biotechnol Lett 2008; 30:593-601.
5. Mahmoudifar N, Doran PM. Chondrogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells in polyglycolic acid mesh scaffolds under dynamic culture conditions. Biomaterials 2010; 31:3858-3867.
6. Golipour Z, Ragerdi Kashani I, Akbari Mohammad HGR, Malrk F, Mahmoudi R. Differentiation of adipose-derived stem cells into schwann cell phenotype in comparison with bone marrow stem cells. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2010.
7. Guilak F, Lott KE, Awad HA, Cao Q, Hicok KC, Fermor B,
et al. Clonal analysis of the differentiation potential of human adipose‐derived adult stem cells. J Cell Physiol 2005; 206:229-237.
8. Awad HA, Halvorsen YD, Gimble JM, Guilak F. Effects of transforming growth factor beta1 and dexamethasone on the growth and chondrogenic differentiation of adipose-derived stromal cells. Tissue Eng 2003; 9:1301-1312.
9. Hashemibeni B, Razavi S, Esfandiari E, Karbasi S, Mardani M, Nasar EM. Induction of chondrogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells with TGF-β in pellet culture system. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2008.
10. Sheyn D, Pelled G, Zilberman Y, Talasazan F, Frank JM, Gazit D,
et al. Nonvirally engineered porcine adipose tissue‐derived stem cells: Use in Posterior Spinal Fusion. Stem Cells 2008; 26:1056-1064.
11. Cheng NC, Estes BT, Awad HA, Guilak F. Chondrogenic differentiation of adipose-derived adult stem cells by a porous scaffold derived from native articular cartilage extracellular matrix. Tissue Eng Part A 2009; 15:231-241.
12. Fortier LA, Barker JU, Strauss EJ, McCarrel TM, Cole BJ. The role of growth factors in cartilage repair. Clin Orthopaed Related Res 2011; 469:2706-7215.
13. Sun Y, Feng Y, Zhang C, Chen S, Cheng X. The regenerative effect of platelet-rich plasma on healing in large osteochondral defects. Int Orthopaed 2010; 34:589-597.
14. Arpornmaeklong P, Kochel M, Depprich R, Kubler NR, Wurzler KK. Influence of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) on osteogenic differentiation of rat bone marrow stromal cells. An
in vitro study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2004; 33:60-70.
15. Arora NS, Ramanayake T, Ren YF, Romanos GE. Platelet-rich plasma: a literature review. Implant Dent 2009; 18:303-310.
16. Anitua E, Sanchez M, Orive G, Andia I. The potential impact of the preparation rich in growth
Mardani et al Eeffect of PRP on Chondrogensis
Iran J Basic Med Sci, Vol. 16, No. 11, Nov 2013
factors (PRGF) in different medical fields. Biomaterials 2007; 28:4551-4560.
17. Chen WH, Lo WC, Lee JJ, Su CH, Lin CT, Liu HY,
et al. Tissue‐engineered intervertebral disc and chondrogenesis using human nucleus pulposus regulated through TGF‐β in platelet‐rich plasma. J Cell Physiol 2006; 209:744-754.
18. Akeda K, An HS, Okuma M, Attawia M, Miyamoto K, Thonar EJ,
et al. Platelet-rich plasma stimulates porcine articular chondrocyte proliferation and matrix biosynthesis. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 2006; 14:1272-1280.
19. Wu W, Chen F, Liu Y, Ma Q, Mao T. Autologous injectable tissue-engineered cartilage by using platelet-rich plasma: experimental study in a rabbit model. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2007; 65:1951-1957.
20. Awad HA, Wickham MQ, Leddy HA, Gimble JM, Guilak F. Chondrogenic differentiation of adipose-derived adult stem cells in agarose, alginate, and gelatin scaffolds. Biomaterials 2004; 25:3211-3222.
21. Murdoch AD, Grady LM, Ablett MP, Katopodi T, Meadows RS, Hardingham TE. Chondrogenic differentiation of human bone marrow stem cells in transwell cultures: generation of scaffold-free cartilage. Stem Cells 2007; 25:2786-2796.
22. Eslaminejad MB, Bordbar S. Isolation and characterization of the progenitor cells from the blastema tissue formed at experimentally-created rabbit ear hole. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2013; 16:109-115.
23. Kabiri A, Esfandiari E, Hashemibeni B, Kazemi M, Mardani M, Esmaeili A. Effects of FGF-2 on human adipose tissue derived adult stem cells morphology and chondrogenesis enhancement in Transwell culture. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2012; 424:234-238.
24. Zaker SR, Esmaeili A, Bouzari M, Shirani E. Quantitative analysis of GABAA Gamma receptor subunits in the developing embryonic chick forebrain. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2012; 15:1097.
25. Freyria AM, Mallein-Gerin F. Chondrocytes or adult stem cells for cartilage repair: The indisputable role of growth factors. Injury 2012; 43:259-265.
26. Tim Yoon S, Su Kim K, Li J, Soo Park J, Akamaru T, Elmer WA,
et al. The effect of bone morphogenetic protein-2 on rat intervertebral disc cells in vitro. Spine 2003; 28:1773.
27. Barrientos S, Stojadinovic O, Golinko MS, Brem H, Tomic
‐Canic M. Growth factors and cytokines in wound healing. Wound Repair Regen 2008; 16:585-601.
28. Han J, Meng HX, Tang JM, Li SL, Tang Y, Chen ZB. The effect of different platelet-rich plasma concentrations on proliferation and differentiation of human periodontal ligament cells
in vitro. Cell Prolif 2007; 40:241-52.
29. Mishra A, Tummala P, King A, Lee B, Kraus M, Tse V,
et al. Buffered platelet-rich plasma enhances mesenchymal stem cell proliferation and chondrogenic differentiation. Tissue Engineering Part C Methods 2009; 15:431-435.
30. Kakudo N, Minakata T, Mitsui T, Kushida S, Notodihardjo FZ, Kusumoto K. Proliferation-promoting effect of platelet-rich plasma on human adipose-derived stem cells and human dermal fibroblasts. Plast Reconstr Surg 2008; 122:1352-1360.
31. Lee CH, Cook JL, Mendelson A, Moioli EK, Yao H, Mao JJ. Regeneration of the articular surface of the rabbit synovial joint by cell homing: a proof of concept study. Lancet 2010; 376:440-448.
32. Schmidt M, Chen E, Lynch S. A review of the effects of insulin-like growth factor and platelet derived growth factor on< i>
in vivo</i> cartilage healing and repair. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 2006; 14:403-412.
33. Doucet C, Ernou I, Zhang Y, Llense JR, Begot L, Holy X,
et al. Platelet lysates promote mesenchymal stem cell expansion: A safety substitute for animal serum in cell‐based therapy applications. J Cell Physiol 2005; 205:228-236.
34. Drengk A, Zapf A, Sturmer EK, Sturmer KM, Frosch KH. Influence of platelet-rich plasma on Chondrogenic Differentiation and proliferation of chondrocytes and mesenchymal stem cells. Cells Tissues Organs 2009; 189:317-326.
35. Pelttari K, Winter A, Steck E, Goetzke K, Hennig T, Ochs BG,
et al. Premature induction of hypertrophy during in vitro chondrogenesis of human mesenchymal stem cells correlates with calcification and vascular invasion after ectopic transplantation in SCID mice. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54:3254-3266.