1. Khan MR, Rizvi W, Khan GN, Khan RA, Shaheen S. Carbon tetrachloride-induced nephrotoxicity in rats: protective role of Digera muricata. J Ethnopharmacol 2009; 122:91-99.
2. Khan RA, Khan MR, Sahreen S, Bokhari J. Prevention of CCl4-induced nephrotoxicity with Sonchus asper in rat. Food Chem Toxicol 2010; 48:2469-2476.
3. Lin HM, Tseng HC, Wang CJ, Lin JJ, Lo CW, Chou FP. Hepatoprotective effects of Solanum nigrum Linn extract against CCl(4)-induced oxidative damage in rats. Chem Biol Interact 2008; 171:283-293.
4. Guzik-Kornacka A, Sliwa A, Plucinska G, Lukasiuk K. Status epilepticus evokes prolonged increase in the expression of CCl3 and CCl4 mRNA and protein in the rat brain. Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 2011; 71:193-207.
5. Anand KV, Anandhi R, Pakkiyaraj M, Geraldine P. Protective effect of chrysin on carbon tetrachloride (CCl4)-induced tissue injury in male Wistar rats. Toxicol Ind Health 2011; 27:923-933.
6. Fadhel ZA, Amran S. Effects of black tea extract on carbon tetrachloride-induced lipid peroxidation in liver, kidneys, and testes of rats. Phytother Res 2002; 16 Suppl 1:S28-32.
7. Manjrekar AP, Jisha V, Bag PP, Adhikary B, Pai MM, Hegde A, et al. Effect of Phyllanthus niruri Linn. treatment on liver, kidney and testes in CCl4 induced hepatotoxic rats. Indian J Exp Biol 2008; 46:514-520.
8. Mizuguchi S, Takemura S, Minamiyama Y, Kodai S, Tsukioka T, Inoue K, et al. S-allyl cysteine attenuated CCl4-induced oxidative stress and pulmonary fibrosis in rats. Biofactors 2006; 26:81-92.
9. Soliman AM, Fahmy SR. Protective and curative effects of the 15 KD isolated protein from the Peganum harmala L. seeds against carbon tetrachloride induced oxidative stress in brain, tests and erythrocytes of rats. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 2011; 15:888-899.
10. Janbaz KH, Saeed SA, Gilani AH. Protective effect of rutin on paracetamol- and CCl4-induced hepatotoxicity in rodents. Fitoterapia 2002; 73:557-563.
11. Abdel-Kader MS, Abulhamd AT, Hamad AM, Alanazi AH, Ali R, Alqasoumi SI. Evaluation of the hepatoprotective effect of combination between hinokiflavone and Glycyrrhizin against CCl(4) induced toxicity in rats. Saudi Pharm J 2018; 26:496-503.
12. Ruprah M, Mant TG, Flanagan RJ. Acute carbon tetrachloride poisoning in 19 patients: implications for diagnosis and treatment. Lancet 1985; 1:1027-1029.
13. Alshammari GM, Balakrishnan A, Chinnasamy T. 2-Hydroxy-4-methoxy benzoic acid attenuates the carbon tetra chloride-induced hepatotoxicity and its lipid abnormalities in rats via anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant mechanism. Inflamm Res 2017; 66:753-763.
14. Marimuthu S, Adluri RS, Rajagopalan R, Menon VP. Protective role of ferulic acid on carbon tetrachloride-induced hyperlipidemia and histological alterations in experimental rats. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol 2013; 24:59-66.
15. Kaeidi A, Maleki M, Shamsizadeh A, Fatemi I, Hakimizadeh E, Hassanshahi J. The therapeutic approaches of renal recovery after relief of the unilateral ureteral obstruction: A comprehensive review. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2020; 23:1367-1373.
16. Kaeidi A, Taghipour Z, Allahtavakoli M, Fatemi I, Hakimizadeh E, Hassanshahi J. Ameliorating effect of troxerutin in unilateral ureteral obstruction induced renal oxidative stress, inflammation, and apoptosis in male rats. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 2020; 393:879-888.
17. Berthet P, Farine JC, Barras JP. Calcium dobesilate: pharmacological profile related to its use in diabetic retinopathy. Int J Clin Pract 1999; 53:631-636.
18.Tejerina T, Ruiz E. Calcium dobesilate: pharmacology and future approaches. Gen Pharmacol 1998; 31:357-360.
19.Liu J, Li S, Sun D. Calcium dobesilate and micro-vascular diseases. Life Sci 2019; 221:348-353.
20. Cihan Ozbek I, Arslan C, Cantürk E, Süzer O. The effects of calcium dobesilate on the mechanical function of rat hearts. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 2009; 50:395-401.
21. Bozkurt AK, Konukoğlu D, Ustündağ N, Yüceyar L, Mayda AS. Calcium dobesilate ameliorates lung injury following lower limb ischemia/reperfusion. Drugs Exp Clin Res 2002; 28:127-132.
22. Seker A, Bardakci O, Eryilmaz S, Kocarslan S, Incebiyik A, Yucel Y, et al. Does calcium dobesilate protect against intestinal ischemia-reperfusion injury induced in rats? Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 2016; 20:2168-2173.
23. Leal EC, Martins J, Voabil P, Liberal J, Chiavaroli C, Bauer J, et al. Calcium dobesilate inhibits the alterations in tight junction proteins and leukocyte adhesion to retinal endothelial cells induced by diabetes. Diabetes 2010; 59:2637-2645.
24. Ruiz E, Lorente R, Tejerina T. Effects of calcium dobesilate on the synthesis of endothelium-dependent relaxing factors in rabbit isolated aorta. Br J Pharmacol 1997; 121:711-716.
25. Suschek C, Kolb H, Kolb-Bachofen V. Dobesilate enhances endothelial nitric oxide synthase-activity in macro- and microvascular endothelial cells. Br J Pharmacol 1997; 122:1502-1508.
26. Hermenean A, Ardelean A, Stan M, Herman H, Mihali C-V, Costache M, et al. Protective effects of naringenin on carbon tetrachloride-induced acute nephrotoxicity in mouse kidney. Chem Biol Interact 2013; 205:138-147.
27. Unal Y, Tuncal S, Kosmaz K, Kucuk B, Kismet K, Cavusoglu T, et al. The effect of calcium dobesilate on liver damage in experimental obstructive jaundice. J Invest Surg 2019; 32:238-244.
28. Fu Y, Zheng S, Lin J, Ryerse J, Chen A. Curcumin protects the rat liver from CCl4-caused injury and fibrogenesis by attenuating oxidative stress and suppressing inflammation. Mol Pharmacol 2008; 73:399-409.
29. Bass JJ, Wilkinson DJ, Rankin D, Phillips BE, Szewczyk NJ, Smith K, et al. An overview of technical considerations for Western blotting applications to physiological research. Scand J Med Sci Sports 2017; 27:4-25.
30. Kaeidi A, Sahamsizadeh A, Allahtavakoli M, Fatemi I, Rahmani M, Hakimizadeh E, et al. The effect of oleuropein on unilateral ureteral obstruction induced-kidney injury in rats: the role of oxidative stress, inflammation and apoptosis. Mol Biol Rep 2020; 47:1371-1379.
31. Taghipour Z, Kaviani E, Kaeidi A, Shamsizadeh A, Hassanshahi J, Fatemi I. Atorvastatin attenuates D-galactose-induced hepatorenal toxicity in mice: an experimental study with histopathological evaluations. Physiology and Pharmacology 2019; 23:36-43.
32. Hakimizadeh E, Hassanshahi J, Kaeidi A, Nematollahi MH, Taghipour Z, Rahmani M, et al. Ceftriaxone improves hepatorenal damages in mice subjected to D-galactose-induced aging. Life Sciences 2020; 258:118119.
33. Haghighi M, Nematbakhsh M, Talebi A, Nasri H, Ashrafi F, Roshanaei K, et al. The role of angiotensin II receptor 1 (AT1) blockade in cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats: gender-related differences. Renal failure 2012; 34:1046-1051.
34. Amini N, Sarkaki A, Dianat M, Mard SA, Ahangarpour A, Badavi M. Protective effects of naringin and trimetazidine on remote effect of acute renal injury on oxidative stress and myocardial injury through Nrf-2 regulation. Pharmacological Reports 2019; 71:1059-1066.
35. Khosravi M-S, Samimiat A, Mazaheri B, Ashrafi F, Talebi A, Nematbakhsh M. Hydration with Mannitol and Dextrose May Promote Cisplatin-Induced Nephrotoxicity: Test of Five Protocols of Hydration during Cisplatin Therapy in Rat Models. J Toxicol 2021; 2021.
36. Moslemi F, Talebi A, Nematbakhsh M. Protective effect of zinc supplementation on renal ischemia/reperfusion injury in rat: gender-related difference. Int J Prev Med 2019; 10.
37. Mohseni R, Karimi J, Tavilani H, Khodadadi I, Hashemnia M. Carvacrol ameliorates the progression of liver fibrosis through targeting of Hippo and TGF-β signaling pathways in carbon tetrachloride (CCl(4))-induced liver fibrosis in rats. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 2019; 41:163-171.
38. Venkatanarayana G, Sudhakara G, Sivajyothi P, Indira P. Protective effects of curcumin and vitamin E on carbon tetrachloride-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Excli J 2012; 11:641-650.
39. Garay RP, Hannaert P, Chiavaroli C. Calcium dobesilate in the treatment of diabetic retinopathy. Treat Endocrinol 2005; 4:221-232.
40. Szabo ME, Haines D, Garay E, Chiavaroli C, Farine JC, Hannaert P, et al. Anti-oxidant properties of calcium dobesilate in ischemic/reperfused diabetic rat retina. Eur J Pharmacol 2001; 428:277-286.
41. Unal Y, Tuncal S, Kosmaz K, Kucuk B, Kismet K, Cavusoglu T, et al. The Effect of Calcium Dobesilate on Liver Damage in Experimental Obstructive Jaundice. J Invest Surg 2019; 32:238-244.
42. Mehrzadi S, Fatemi I, Esmaeilizadeh M, Ghaznavi H, Kalantar H, Goudarzi M. Hepatoprotective effect of berberine against methotrexate induced liver toxicity in rats. Biomed Pharmacother 2018; 97:233-239.
43. Zhang X, Liu W, Wu S, Jin J, Li W, Wang N. Calcium dobesilate for diabetic retinopathy: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Science China Life Sci 2015; 58:101-107.
44. Hassanshahi J, Mirzahosseini-Pourranjbar A, Hajializadeh Z, Kaeidi A. Anticancer and cytotoxic effects of troxerutin on HeLa cell line: an in-vitro model of cervical cancer. Molecular Biology Reports 2020; 47:6135-6142.
45. Hagen TM. Oxidative stress, redox imbalance, and the aging process. Anti-oxid Redox Signal 2003; 5:503-506.
46. Okolo KO, Siminialayi IM, Orisakwe OE. Carbon tetrachloride induced hepatorenal toxicity in rats: possible protective effects of wild Pleurotus tuber-regium. Clinical Phytoscience 2017; 3:1-7.
47. Jafarey M, Changizi Ashtiyani S, Najafi H. Calcium dobesilate for prevention of gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Iran J Kidney Dis 2014; 8:46-52.