1. Silveira ZS, Macêdo NS, Bezerra SR, Siyadatpanah A, Coutinho HDM, Seifi Z, et al. Phytochemistry and biological activities of amburana cearensis (allemão) ACSm. Molecules 2022; 27: 505-524.
2. Macêdo MJF, Ribeiro D A, de Oliveira Santos M, de Macêdo DG, Macedo JGF, Almeida BV, et al. Fabaceae medicinal flora with therapeutic potential in Savanna areas in the Chapada do Araripe, Northeastern Brazil. Rev Bras Farmacogn 2018; 28: 738-750.
3. Gouveia BB, Barros VRP, Gonçalves RJS, Barberino RS, Menezes VG, Lins TLB, et al. Effect of ovarian tissue transportation in Amburan acearensis extract on the morphology and apoptosis of goat preantral follicles. Anim Reprod 2015; 12: 316-323.
4. Pereira ÉPL, Souza CS, Amparo J, Ferreira RS, Nuñez Figueredo Y, Fernandez LG, et al. Amburana cearensis seed extract protects brain mitochondria from oxidative stress and cerebellar cells from excitotoxicity induced by glutamate. J Ethnopharmacol 2017; 209: 157-166.
5. Silva JHCE, Ferreira RS, Pereira EP, Braga-de-Souza S, Almeida MMA, Santos CCD, et al. Amburana cearensis: pharmacological and neuroprotective effects of Its compounds. Molecules 2020; 25: 3394-3410.
6. Mathis KM, Sturgeon KM, Winkels RM, Wiskemann J, Williams NI, Schmitz K. Exercise and chemotherapy-induced amenorrhea. Med Hypotheses 2018; 116: 49-53.
7. Zheng S, Ma M, Chen Y, Li M. Effects of quercetin on ovarian function and regulation of the ovarian PI3K/Akt/FoxO3a signalling pathway and oxidative stress in a rat model of cyclophosphamide-induced premature ovarian failure. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 2022; 130: 240-253.
8. Barberino RS, Menezes VG, Ribeiro AE, Palheta Jr RC, Jiang X, Smitz JE, et al. Melatonin protects against cisplatin-induced ovarian damage in mice via the MT1 receptor and anti-oxidant activity. Biol Reprod 2017; 96: 1244-1255.
9. Ayres LS, Berger M, Durli ICLO, Kuhl CP, Terraciano PB, Garcez TNA, et al. Kallikrein-kinin system and oxidative stress in cisplatin-induced ovarian toxicity. Reprod Toxicol 2020; 93: 1-9.
10. Eldani M, Luan Y, Xu PC, Bargar T, Kim S-Y. Continuous treatment with cisplatin induces the oocyte death of primordial follicles without activation. FASEB J 2020; 34: 13885-13899.
11. Barnes J, Anderson LA, Phillipson JD. Herbal Medicines. 3rd ed. London: Pharmaceutical Press 2007;176-213.
12. Dulf FV, Vodnar DC, Dulf EH, Pintea A. Phenolic compounds, flavonoids, lipids and anti-oxidant potential of apricot (Prunus armeniaca L.) pomace fermented by two filamentous fungal strains in solid state system. Chem Cent J 2017; 11: 92-102.
13. Gouveia BB, Barberino RS, Dos Santos Silva RL, Lins TLBG, da Silva Guimarães V, do Monte APO, et al. Involvement of PTEN and FOXO3a proteins in the protective activity of protocatechuic acid against cisplatin-induced ovarian toxicity in mice. Reprod Sci 2021; 28: 865-876.
14. Pedersen T, Peters H. Proposal for a classification of oocytes and follicles in the mouse ovary. J Reprod Fertil 1968; 17: 555–557.
15. Leal LKAM, Oliveira FG, Fontenele JB, Ferreira MAD, Viana GSB. Toxicological study of the hydroalcoholic extract from amburana cearensis in rats. Pharm Biol 2003; 41: 308–314.
16. Gouveia BB, Macedo TJS, Santos JMS, Barberino RS, Menezes VG, Müller M C, et al. Supplemented base medium containing amburana cearensis associated with FSH improves in vitro development of isolated goat preantral follicles. Theriogenology 2016; 86: 1275-1284.
17. Zhang S, Gai Z, Gui T, Chen J, Chen Q, Li Y. Anti-oxidant effects of protocatechuic acid and protocatechuic aldehyde: old wine in a new bottle. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2021; 8: 6139308-6139327.
18. Birck M, Dalchiavon FC, Stasiak D, Iocca AFS, Hiolanda R, Carvalho CGP. Performance of sunflower cultivars at different seeding periods in central Brazil. Cienc Agrotec 2016; 41: 42-51.
19. Yamabe N, Park JY, Lee S, Cho EJ, Lee S, Kang KS, et al. Protective effects of protocatechuic acid against cisplatin-induced renal damage in rats. J Funct Foods 2015; 19: 20-27.
20. Menezes VG, Santos JMS, Macedo TJS, Lins TLBG, Barberino RS, Gouveia BB, et al. Use of protocatechuic acid as the sole anti-oxidant in the base medium for in vitro culture of ovine isolated secondary follicles. Reprod Domest Anim 2017; 52: 890–898.
21. Wang Z, Sun W, Sun X, Wang Y, Zhou M. Kaempferol ameliorates cisplatin induced nephrotoxicity by modulating oxidative stress, inflammation and apoptosis via ERK and NF-κB pathways. AMB Express 2020; 10: 58-69.
22. Altındağ F, Meydan İ. Evaluation of protective effects of gallic acid on cisplatin-induced testicular and epididymal damage. Andrologia 2021; 53: 14189-14201.
23. Ayazoglu Demir E, Mentese A, Kucuk H, Turkmen Alemdar N, Demir S. P-coumaric acid alleviates cisplatin-induced ovarian toxicity in rats. J Obstet Gynaecol Res 2022; 48: 411-419.
24. Chang EM, Lim E, Yoon S, Jeong K, Bae S, Lee DR, et al. Cisplatin induces overactivation of the dormant primordial follicle through PTEN/AKT/FOXO3a pathway, which leads to loss of ovarian reserve in mice. PLoS One 2015; 10: 144245-144261.
25. Chen Z, Kang X, Wang L, Dong H, Wang C, Xiong Z, et al. Rictor/mTORC2 pathway in oocytes regulates folliculogenesis, and its inactivaction causes premature ovarian failure. J Biol Chem 2015; 290: 6387-6396.
26. Abdelmageed ME, Shehatou GSG, Suddek GM, Salem HA. Protocatechuic acid improves hepatic insulin resistance and restores vascular oxidative status in type-2 diabetic rats. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 2021; 83: 103577-103587.