1. Azab SS, Ismail NN, Hosni HED, Abd El Fatah M. The defensive role of taurine against gonadotoxicity and testicular apoptosis effects induced by cisplatin in rats. J Infect Chemother 2020; 26:51-57.
2. Wang S, Xie J, Li J, Liu F, Wu X, Wang Z. Cisplatin suppresses the growth and proliferation of breast and cervical cancer cell lines by inhibiting integrin β5-mediated glycolysis. Am J Cancer Res 2016; 6:1108.
3. Hussain S, Palmer D, Lloyd B, Collins S, Barton D, Ansari J, et al. A study of split-dose cisplatin-based neo-adjuvant chemotherapy in muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Oncol Lett 2012; 3:855-859.
4. Holditch SJ, Brown CN, Lombardi AM, Nguyen KN, Edelstein CL. Recent advances in models, mechanisms, biomarkers, and interventions in cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury. Int J Mol Sci 2019; 20:3011.
5. Kim J-Y, Park J-H, Kim K, Jo J, Leem J, Park K-K. Pharmacological inhibition of caspase-1 ameliorates cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity through suppression of apoptosis, oxidative stress, and inflammation in mice. Mediators Inflamm 2018; 2018:6571676.
6. Gulcin İ. Antioxidants and anti-oxidant methods: An updated overview. Arch Toxicol 2020; 94:651-715.
7. Miao N, Yin F, Xie H, Wang Y, Xu Y, Shen Y, et al. The cleavage of gasdermin D by caspase-11 promotes tubular epithelial cell pyroptosis and urinary IL-18 excretion in acute kidney injury. Kidney Int 2019; 96:1105-1120.
8. Gülçin İ. Antioxidant and antiradical activities of L-carnitine. Life Sci 2006; 78:803-811.
9. Aziz RLA, Abdel-Wahab A, El-Ela FIA, Hassan NE-HY, El-Nahass E-S, Ibrahim MA, et al. Dose-dependent ameliorative effects of quercetin and L-carnitine against atrazine-induced reproductive toxicity in adult male Albino rats. Biomed Pharmacother 2018; 102:855-864.
10. Aboubakr M, Elsayd F, Soliman A, Fadl SE, El-Shafey A, Abdelhiee EY. L-carnitine and vitamin E ameliorate cardiotoxicity induced by tilmicosin in rats. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 2020; 27:23026-23034.
11. Chen H-H, Sue Y-M, Chen C-H, Hsu Y-H, Hou C-C, Cheng C-Y, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha plays a crucial role in L-carnitine anti-apoptosis effect in renal tubular cells. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2009;24:3042-3049.
12. Liu H, Fergusson MM, Wu JJ, Rovira II, Liu J, Gavrilova O, et al. Wnt signaling regulates hepatic metabolism. Sci Signal 2011; 4:ra6.
13. Kawakami T, Ren S, Duffield JS. Wnt signalling in kidney diseases: dual roles in renal injury and repair. J Pathol 2013; 229:221-231.
14. Patil MA, Lee SA, Macias E, Lam ET, Xu C, Jones KD, et al. Role of cyclin D1 as a mediator of c-Met–and β-catenin-induced hepatocarcinogenesis. Cancer Res 2009; 69:253-261.
15. Zhong Z, Schwabe RF, Kai Y, He L, Yang L, Bunzendahl H, et al. Liver regeneration is suppressed in small-for-size liver grafts after transplantation: involvement of c-Jun N-terminal kinase, cyclin D1, and defective energy supply. Transplantation 2006; 82:241-250.
16. Amate JY, Ishida A, Tsujino K, Tatsumi M, Nakatsuji S, Kuwamura M, et al. Immunohistochemical study of rat renal interstitial fibrosis induced by repeated injection of cisplatin, with special reference to the kinetics of macrophages and myofibroblasts. Toxicol Pathol 1996; 24:199-206.
17..Verrina E, Caruso U, Calevo MG, Emma F, Sorino P, De Palo T, et al. Effect of carnitine supplementation on lipid profile and anemia in children on chronic dialysis. Pediatr Nephrol 2007; 22:727-733.
18. Kim J-Y, Leem J, Jeon EJ. Protective effects of melatonin against aristolochic acid-induced nephropathy in mice. Biomolecules 2020; 10:11.
19. Kim H-J, Park DJ, Kim JH, Jeong EY, Jung MH, Kim T-H, et al. Glutamine protects against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity by decreasing cisplatin accumulation. J Pharmacol Sci 2015; 127:117-126.
20. Mohammadian M, Mianabadi M, Zargari M, Karimpour A, Khalafi M, Amiri FT. Effects of olive oil supplementation on sodium arsenate-induced hepatotoxicity in mice. Int J Prev Med 2018; 9:59.
21. Sallam AO, Rizk HA, Emam MA, Fadl SE, Abdelhiee EY, Khater H, et al. The Ameliorative Effects of L-carnitine against Cisplatin-Induced Gonadal Toxicity in Rats. Pakistan Vet J 2021; 41:147-151.
22. Sadeghi H, Mansourian M, Panahi kokhdan E, Salehpour Z, Sadati I, Abbaszadeh‐Goudarzi K, et al. Anti-oxidant and protective effect of Stachys pilifera Benth against nephrotoxicity induced by cisplatin in rats. J Food Biochem 2020; 44:e13190.
23. Bellomo R, Kellum JA, Ronco C. Acute kidney injury. The Lancet 2012; 380:756-766.
24. Elkomy A, Abdelhiee EY, Fadl SE, Emam MA, Gad FA-M, Sallam A, et al. L-carnitine mitigates oxidative stress and disorganization of cytoskeleton intermediate filaments in cisplatin-induced hepato-renal toxicity in rats. Front Pharmacol 2020;11:574441.
25. Neamatallah T, El-Shitany NA, Abbas AT, Ali SS, Eid BG. Honey protects against cisplatin-induced hepatic and renal toxicity through inhibition of NF-κB-mediated COX-2 expression and the oxidative stress dependent BAX/Bcl-2/caspase-3 apoptotic pathway. Food Funct 2018; 9:3743-3754.
26. Abdel-Razek EA-N, Abo-Youssef AM, Azouz AA. Benzbromarone mitigates cisplatin nephrotoxicity involving enhanced peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR-α) expression. Life Sci 2020; 243:117272.
27. Abd El-Kader M, Taha RI. Comparative nephroprotective effects of curcumin and etoricoxib against cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury in rats. Acta Histochem 2020; 122:151534.
28. McSweeney KR, Gadanec LK, Qaradakhi T, Ali BA, Zulli A, Apostolopoulos V. Mechanisms of cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury: Pathological mechanisms, pharmacological interventions, and genetic mitigations. Cancers 2021; 13:1572.
29. Varacallo M, El Bitar Y, Mair S. StatPearls [Internet] StatPearls Publishing. Treasure Island 2020; 20:20-27.
30. Perše M, Večerić-Haler Ž. Cisplatin-induced rodent model of kidney injury: characteristics and challenges. Biomed Res Int 2018; 2018: 1462802.
31. Attyah AM, Ismail SH. Protective effect of ginger extract against cisplatin-induced hepatotoxicity and cardiotoxicity in rats. Iraqi J Pharmaceutic Sci 2012; 21:27-33.
32. Mohamed HE, Badawy MM. Modulatory effect of zingerone against cisplatin or γ-irradiation induced hepatotoxicity by molecular targeting regulation. Appl Radiat Isot 2019; 154:108891.
33. Fadl SE, El-Shenawy AM, Gad DM, El Daysty EM, El-Sheshtawy HS, Abdo WS. Trial for reduction of Ochratoxin A residues in fish feed by using nano particles of hydrated sodium aluminum silicates (NPsHSCAS) and copper oxide. Toxicon 2020; 184:1-9.
34. Farid AS, El Shemy MA, Nafie E, Hegazy AM, Abdelhiee EY. Anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and hepatoprotective effects of lactoferrin in rats. Drug Chem Toxicol 2021; 44:286-293.
35. Chapela S, Kriguer N, Fernández E, Stella C. Involvement of L-carnitine in cellular metabolism: beyond Acyl-CoA transport. Mini Rev Med Chem 2009; 9:1518-1526.
36. Omar HA, Mohamed WR, Arafa E-SA, Shehata BA, El Sherbiny GA, Arab HH, et al. Hesperidin alleviates cisplatin-induced hepatotoxicity in rats without inhibiting its antitumor activity. Pharmacol Rep 2016; 68:349-356.
37. Taghizadeh F, Hosseinimehr SJ, Zargari M, Karimpour Malekshah A, Mirzaei M, Talebpour Amiri F. Alleviation of cisplatin‐induced hepatotoxicity by gliclazide: Involvement of oxidative stress and caspase‐3 activity. Pharmacol Res Perspect 2021; 9:e00788.
38. Man Q, Deng Y, Li P, Ma J, Yang Z, Yang X, et al. Licorice ameliorates cisplatin-induced hepatotoxicity through antiapoptosis, antioxidative stress, anti-inflammation, and acceleration of metabolism. Front Pharmacol 2020;11:563750.
39. El‐Shitany NA, Eid B. Proanthocyanidin protects against cisplatin‐induced oxidative liver damage through inhibition of inflammation and NF‐κβ/TLR‐4 pathway. Environ Toxicol 2017; 32:1952-1963.
40. Bao H, Ge Y, Wang Z, Zhuang S, Dworkin L, Peng A, et al. Delayed administration of a single dose of lithium promotes recovery from AKI. J Am Soc Nephrol 2014; 25:488-500.
41. Huffstater T, Merryman WD, Gewin LS, editors. Wnt/β-catenin in acute kidney injury and progression to chronic kidney disease. Seminars in Nephrology; 2020: Elsevier.
42. Iguchi H, Urashima Y, Inagaki Y, Ikeda Y, Okamura M, Tanaka T, et al. SOX6 suppresses cyclin D1 promoter activity by interacting with β-catenin and histone deacetylase 1, and its down-regulation induces pancreatic β-cell proliferation. J Biologic Chem 2007; 282:19052-19061.
43. Terada Y, Tanaka H, Okado T, Shimamura H, Inoshita S, Kuwahara M, et al. Expression and function of the developmental gene Wnt-4 during experimental acute renal failure in rats. J Am Soc Nephrol 2003; 14:1223-1233.
44. Fausto N, Campbell JS, Riehle KJ. Liver regeneration. Hepatology 2006; 43:S45-S53.
45. Rickheim DG, Nelsen CJ, Fassett JT, Timchenko NA, Hansen LK, Albrecht JH. Differential regulation of cyclins D1 and D3 in hepatocyte proliferation. Hepatology 2002; 36:30-38.