1. Sahu M, Sharma AK, Sharma G, Kumar A, Nandave M, Babu V. Facile synthesis of bromelain copper nanoparticles to improve the primordial therapeutic potential of copper against acute myocardial infarction in diabetic rats. Can J Physiol Pharmacol 2022; 100:210–219.
2. Sharma AK, Thanikachalam PV, Rajput SK. Albiglutide: is a better hope against diabetes mellitus? Biomed Pharmacother 2016; 77:120–128.
3. Deeba F, Kumar A, Mukherjee M, Sharma AK, Sharma M. Targeting the endocannabinoid system in diabesity: fact or fiction? Drug Discov Today 2021; 26:1750–1758.
4. Fisman EZ, Tenenbaum A. Adiponectin: a manifold therapeutic target for metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and coronary disease? Cardiovasc Diabetol 2014; 13:103-113.
5. Devchand PR, Liu T, Altman RB, FitzGerald GA, Schadt EE. The pioglitazone trek via human PPAR gamma: from discovery to a medicine at the FDA and beyond. Front Pharmacol 2018; 9:1-9.
6. Moreno E, Cavic M, Canela EI. Functional fine-tuning of metabolic pathways by the endocannabinoid system-implications for health and disease. Int J Mol Sci 2021; 22:3661-3684.
7. Briand-Mésange F, Trudel S, Salles J, Ausseil J, Salles JP, Chap H. Possible role of adipose tissue and the endocannabinoid system in coronavirus disease 2019 pathogenesis: can rimonabant return? Obesity (Silver Spring) 2020; 28:1580–1581.
8. Nava-Molina L, Uchida-Fuentes T, Ramos-Tovar H, Fregoso-Padilla M, Rodríguez-Monroy MA, Vega A v, et al. Novel CB1 receptor antagonist BAR-1 modifies pancreatic islet function and clinical parameters in prediabetic and diabetic mice. Nutr Diabetes 2020; 10:7-17.
9. Aseer KR, Egan JM. An autonomous cannabinoid system in islets of langerhans. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 2021; 12:1-13.
10. Bielawiec P, Harasim-Symbor E, Chabowski A. Phytocannabinoids: useful drugs for the treatment of obesity? special focus on cannabidiol. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 2020; 11:114-125.
11. Sharma G, Ashhar MU, Aeri V, Katare DP. Development and characterization of late-stage diabetes mellitus and -associated vascular complications. Life Sci 2019; 216:295–304.
12. Yoshizaki K, Asai M, Hara T. High-fat diet enhances working memory in the Y-maze test in male C57BL/6J mice with less anxiety in the elevated plus maze test. Nutrients 2020; 12:1–9.
13. Kurhe Y, Mahesh R. Ondansetron ameliorates depression associated with obesity in high-fat diet fed experimental mice: an investigation-based on the behavioral, biochemical, and molecular approach. Indian J Pharmacol 2017; 49:290–296.
14. Fan C, Liang W, Wei M, Gou X, Han S, Bai J. Effects of D-chiro-inositol on glucose metabolism in db/db mice and the associated underlying mechanisms. Front Pharmacol 2020; 11:354-367.
15. Ables GP, Perrone CE, Orentreich D, Orentreich N. Methionine-restricted C57BL/6J mice are resistant to diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance but have low bone density. PLoS One 2012; 7:1-12.
16. Taneja G, Sharma AK, Khanna D, Rajput SK. Effect of pantoprazole on I-R-induced myocardial injury in diabetic rats targeting inflammatory cytokine release and oxidative stress. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2021; 24:615–622.
17. Kumar V, Sharma AK, Rajput SK, Pal M, Dhiman N. Pharmacognostic and pharmacological evaluation of Eulaliopsis binata plant extracts by measuring in vitro/ in vivo safety profile and anti-microbial potential. Toxicol Res (Camb) 2018; 7:454–464.
18. Sharma AK, Taneja G, Khanna D, Rajput SK. Reactive oxygen species: friend or foe? RSC Advances 2015; 5:57267–57276.
19. Jack BU, Mamushi M, Viraragavan A, Dias S, Pheiffer C. Comparing the effects of tumor necrosis factor alpha, lipopolysaccharide and palmitic acid on lipid metabolism and inflammation in murine 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Life Sci 2022; 297:120422.
20. Sharma AK, Khanna D, Balakumar P. Low-dose dipyridamole treatment partially prevents diabetes mellitus-induced vascular endothelial and renal abnormalities in rats. Int J Cardiol 2014; 172:530–532.
21. Lu D, Dopart R, Kendall DA. Controlled downregulation of the cannabinoid CB1 receptor provides a promising approach for the treatment of obesity and obesity-derived type 2 diabetes. Cell Stress Chaperones 2016; 21:1–7.
22. Getty-Kaushik L, Richard AMT, Deeney JT, Krawczyk S, Shirihai O, Corkey BE. The CB1 antagonist rimonabant decreases insulin hypersecretion in rat pancreatic islets. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2009; 17:1856–1860.
23. Correia-Sá IB, Carvalho CM, Serrão PV, Machado VA, Carvalho SO, Marques M, et al. AM251, a cannabinoid receptor 1 antagonist, prevents human fibroblasts differentiation and collagen deposition induced by TGF-β - An in vitro study. Eur J Pharmacol 2021; 892:173738-173784.
24. Sidibeh CO, Pereira MJ, Lau Börjesson J, Kamble PG, Skrtic S, Katsogiannos P, et al. Role of cannabinoid receptor 1 in human adipose tissue for lipolysis regulation and insulin resistance. Endocrine 2017; 55:839–852.
25. Lazzari P, Distinto R, Manca I, Baillie G, Murineddu G, Pira M, et al. A critical review of both the synthesis approach and the receptor profile of the 8-chloro-1-(2’,4’-dichlorophenyl)-N-piperidin-1-yl-1,4,5,6-tetrahydrobenzo[6,7]cyclohepta[1,2-c]pyrazole-3-carboxamide and analogue derivatives. Eur J Med Chem 2016; 121:194–208.
26. Ruz-Maldonado I, Liu B, Atanes P, Pingitore A, Huang GC, Choudhary P, et al. The cannabinoid ligands SR141716A and AM251 enhance human and mouse islet function via GPR55-independent signalling. Cell Mol Life Sci 2020; 77:4709–4723.
27. Bhatti R, Warshow U, Joumaa M, ElSaban M, Nawaz FA, Khamis AH. Relevance of anthropometric measurements in a multiethnic obesity cohort: observational study. Interact J Med Res 2021; 10:27784.
28. Sharma AK, Khanna D. Diabetes mellitus associated cardiovascular signalling alteration: a need for the revisit. Cell Signal 2013; 25:1149–1155.
29. Sulaiman RA. Inherited metabolic disorders and dyslipidaemia. J Clin Pathol 2020; 73:384–390.
30. Sharma G, Sahu M, Kumar A, Sharma AK, Aeri V, Katare DP. Temporal dynamics of pre and post myocardial infarcted tissue with concomitant preconditioning of aerobic exercise in chronic diabetic rats. Life Sci 2019; 225:79–87.
31. Chigurupati S, Abdul Rahman Alharbi N, Sharma AK, Alhowail A, Vardharajula VR, Vijayabalan S, et al. Pharmacological and pharmacognostical valuation of Canna indica leaves extract by quantifying safety profile and neuroprotective potential. Saudi J Biol Sci 2021; 28:5579–5584.