1. Gowtham P, Haribabu V, Prabhu AD, Pallavi P, Girigoswami K, Girigoswami A. Impact of nanovectors in multimodal medical imaging. Nanomed J 2022; 9: 107-130.
2. Zhang Y, Li M, Gao X, Chen Y, Liu T. Nanotechnology in cancer diagnosis: progress, challenges and opportunities. J Hematol Oncol 2019; 12:1-13.
3. Bakhtiari-Asl F, Divband B, Mesbahi A, Gharehaghaji N. Bimodal magnetic resonance imaging-computed tomography nanoprobes: A Review. Nanomed J 2020; 7: 1-12.
4. Lu C, Han L, Wang J, Wan J, Song G, Rao J. Engineering of magnetic nanoparticles as magnetic particle imaging tracers. Chem Soc Rev 2021; 50: 8102-8146.
5. Tomitaka A, Hirukawa A, Yamada T, Morishita S, Takemura Y. Biocompatibility of various ferrite nanoparticles evaluated by in vitro cytotoxicity assays using HeLa cells. J Magn Magn Mater 2009; 321: 1482-1484.
6. Subbiahdoss G, Sharifi S, Grijpma DW, Laurent S, van der Mei HC, Mahmoudi M, et al. Magnetic targeting of surface-modified superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles yields antibacterial efficacy against biofilms of gentamicin-resistant staphylococci. Acta Biomater 2012; 8: 2047-2055.
7. Weissig V, Guzman-Villanueva D. Nanopharmaceuticals (part 2): Products in the pipeline. Int J Nanomedicine 2015; 10: 1245-1257.
8. Revia RA, Zhang M. Magnetite nanoparticles for cancer diagnosis, treatment, and treatment monitoring: Recent advances. Materials Today 2016; 19: 157-168.
9. Ito A, Shinkai M, Honda H, Kobayashi T. Medical application of functionalized magnetic nanoparticles. J Biosci Bioeng 2005; 100: 1-11.
10. Liu F, Le W, Mei T, Wang T, Chen L, Lei Y, et al. In vitro and in vivo targeting imaging of pancreatic cancer using a Fe3O4@ SiO2 nanoprobe modified with anti-mesothelin antibody. Int J Nanomed 2016; 11: 2195-2207.
11. Hajesmaeelzadeh F, Shanehsazzadeh S, Grüttner C, Daha FJ, Oghabian MA. Effect of coating thickness of iron oxide nanoparticles on their relaxivity in the MRI. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2016; 19: 166-177.
12. Mosafer J, Abnous K, Tafaghodi M, Mokhtarzadeh A, Ramezani M. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of anti-nucleolin-targeted magnetic PLGA nanoparticles loaded with doxorubicin as a theranostic agent for enhanced targeted cancer imaging and therapy. Eur J Pharm Biopharm 2017; 113: 60-74.
13. Almaki JH, Nasiri R, Idris A, Majid FAA, Salouti M, Wong TS, et al. Synthesis, characterization and in vitro evaluation of exquisite targeting SPIONs–PEG–HER in HER2+ human breast cancer cells. Nanotechnology 2016; 27: 105601.
14. Zia A, Rezaei Aghdam H, Saffari M, Farzaneh J, Pirali Hamedani M, Ebrahimi SES, et al. Novel chitosan-quinic acid nanoparticles labeled with m99 technetium for breast cancer imaging. Nanomed J 2022; 9: 231-240.
15. Mokhtarzadeh A, Parhiz H, Hashemi M, Ayatollahi S, Abnous K, Ramezani M. Targeted gene delivery to MCF-7 cells using peptide-conjugated polyethylenimine. AAPS Pharm Sci Tech 2015; 16: 1025-1032.
16. Parhiz H, Hashemi M, Hatefi A, Shier WT, Farzad SA, Ramezani M. Molecular weight-dependent genetic information transfer with disulfide-linked polyethylenimine-based nonviral vectors. J Biomater Appl 2013; 28: 112-124.
17. Rahmani R, Gharanfoli M, Gholamin M, Darroudi M, Chamani J, Sadri K. Green synthesis of 99mTc-labeled-Fe3O4 nanoparticles using Quince seeds extract and evaluation of their cytotoxicity and biodistribution in rats. J Mol Struct 2019; 1196: 394-402.
18. Rahmani R, Gharanfoli M, Gholamin M, Darroudi M, Chamani J, Sadri K, et al. Plant-mediated synthesis of superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles (SPIONs) using Aloe vera and flaxseed extracts and evaluation of their cellular toxicities. Ceramics International 2020; 46: 3051-3058.
19. Sarafraz-Yazdi E, Bowne WB, Adler V, Sookraj KA, Wu V, Shteyler V, et al. Anticancer peptide PNC-27 adopts an HDM-2-binding conformation and kills cancer cells by binding to HDM-2 in their membranes. Proc Natl Acad Sci 2010; 107: 1918-1923.
20. Tromsdorf UI, Bigall NC, Kaul MG, Bruns OT, Nikolic MS, Mollwitz B, et al. Size and surface effects on the MRI relaxivity of manganese ferrite nanoparticle contrast agents. Nano lett 2007; 7: 2422-2427.
21. Luo Y, Yang J, Li J, Yu Z, Zhang G, Shi X, et al. Facile synthesis and functionalization of manganese oxide nanoparticles for targeted T1-weighted tumor MR imaging. Colloids Surf. B: Biointerfaces 2015; 136: 506-513.
22. Snyder SL, Sobocinski PZ. An improved 2, 4, 6-trinitrobenzenesulfonic acid method for the determination of amines. Anal Biochem 1975; 64: 284-288.
23. Meyer M, Philipp A, Oskuee R, Schmidt C, Wagner E. Breathing life into polycations: functionalization with pH-responsive endosomolytic peptides and polyethylene glycol enables siRNA delivery. ACS Symp Ser Am Chem Soc 2008; 130: 3272-3273.
24. Gollwitzer C, Bartczak D, Goenaga-Infante H, Kestens V, Krumrey M, Minelli C, et al. A comparison of techniques for size measurement of nanoparticles in cell culture medium. Anal Methods 2016; 8: 5272-5282.
25. Munnier E, Cohen-Jonathan S, Hervé K, Linassier C, Soucé M, Dubois P, et al. Doxorubicin delivered to MCF-7 cancer cells by superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles: effects on subcellular distribution and cytotoxicity. J Nanoparticle Res 2011; 13: 959-971.
26. Laemmli UK. Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature 1970; 227: 680-685.
27. Silva JM, Zupancic E, Vandermeulen G, Oliveira VG, Salgado A, Videira M, et al. In vivo delivery of peptides and Toll-like receptor ligands by mannose-functionalized polymeric nanoparticles induces prophylactic and therapeutic anti-tumor immune responses in a melanoma model. J Control Release 2015 28; 198: 91-103.
28. Alibolandi M, Ramezani M, Abnous K, Sadeghi F, Atyabi F, Asouri M, et al. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of therapy targeting epithelial-cell adhesion-molecule aptamers for non-small cell lung cancer. J Control Release 2015; 209: 88-100.
29. Alvarez M, Quezada C, Navarro C, Molina A, Bouvet P, Krauskopf M, et al. An increased expression of nucleolin is associated with a physiological nucleolar segregation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2003; 301:152-158.
30. Gholami L, Oskuee RK, Tafaghodi M, Farkhani AR, Darroudi M. Green facile synthesis of low-toxic superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles (SPIONs) and their cytotoxicity effects toward Neuro2A and HUVEC cell lines. Ceram Int 2018; 44: 9263-9268.
31. Vu-Quang H, Vinding MS, Nielsen T, Ullisch MG, Nielsen NC, Nguyen D-T, et al. Pluronic F127-folate coated super paramagenic iron oxide nanoparticles as contrast agent for cancer diagnosis in magnetic resonance imaging. Polymers 2019; 11: 743-757.
32. Hu Y, Li J, Yang J, Wei P, Luo Y, Ding L, et al. Facile synthesis of RGD peptide-modified iron oxide nanoparticles with ultrahigh relaxivity for targeted MR imaging of tumors. Biomater Sci 2015; 3:721-732.
33. Wankhede M, Bouras A, Kaluzova M, Hadjipanayis CG. Magnetic nanoparticles: an emerging technology for malignant brain tumor imaging and therapy. Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol 2012; 5: 173-186.
34. Shevtsov M, Nikolaev B, Marchenko Y, Yakovleva L, Skvortsov N, Mazur A, et al. Targeting experimental orthotopic glioblastoma with chitosan-based superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles (CS-DX-SPIONs). Int J Nanomedicine 2018; 13: 1471-1482.
35. Shevtsov MA, Nikolaev BP, Ryzhov VA, Yakovleva LY, Dobrodumov AV, Marchenko YY, et al. Brain tumor magnetic targeting and biodistribution of superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles linked with 70-kDa heat shock protein study by nonlinear longitudinal response. J Magn Magn Mater 2015; 388: 123-134.
36. Shevtsov MA, Nikolaev BP, Yakovleva LY, Marchenko YY, Dobrodumov AV, Mikhrina AL, et al. Superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles conjugated with epidermal growth factor (SPION–EGF) for targeting brain tumors. Int J Nanomed 2014; 9: 273-287.
37. Davitt K, Babcock BD, Fenelus M, Poon CK, Sarkar A, Trivigno V, et al. The anti-cancer peptide, PNC-27, induces tumor cell necrosis of a poorly differentiated non-solid tissue human leukemia cell line that depends on expression of HDM-2 in the plasma membrane of these cells. Ann Clin Lab Sci 2014; 44: 241-248.
38. Sookraj KA, Bowne WB, Adler V, Sarafraz-Yazdi E, Michl J, Pincus MR. The anti-cancer peptide, PNC-27, induces tumor cell lysis as the intact peptide. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 2010; 66: 325-331.
39. Zhao M, Beauregard DA, Loizou L, Davletov B, Brindle KM. Non-invasive detection of apoptosis using magnetic resonance imaging and a targeted contrast agent. Nat Med 2001; 7: 1241-1244.
40. Darban SA, Badiee A, Jaafari MR. PNC27 anticancer peptide as targeting ligand significantly improved antitumor efficacy of Doxil in HDM2-expressing cells. Nanomedicine 2017; 12: 1475-1490.
41. Mokhtarzadeh A, Parhiz H, Hashemi M, Abnous K, Ramezani M. P53-derived peptides conjugation to PEI: an approach to producing versatile and highly efficient targeted gene delivery carriers into cancer cells. Expert Opin Drug Deliv 2016; 13: 477-491.
42. Rosal R, Pincus MR, Brandt-Rauf PW, Fine RL, Michl J, Wang H. NMR solution structure of a peptide from the mdm-2 binding domain of the p53 protein that is selectively cytotoxic to cancer cells. Biochemistry 2004; 43: 1854-1861.
43. Bychkova AV, Sorokina ON, Kovarski AL, Shapiro AB, Rosenfeld MA. The investigation of polyethyleneimine adsorption on magnetite nanoparticles by spin labels technique. Nanosci Nanotechnol Lett 2011; 3: 591-593.
44. Steitz B, Hofmann H, Kamau SW, Hassa PO, Hottiger MO, von Rechenberg B, et al. Characterization of PEI-coated superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for transfection: Size distribution, colloidal properties and DNA interaction. J Magn Magn Mater 2007; 311: 300-305.
45. Mulens-Arias V, Rojas JM, Sanz-Ortega L, Portilla Y, Pérez-Yagüe S, Barber DF. Polyethylenimine-coated superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles impair in vitro and in vivo angiogenesis. Nanotechnol Biol Med 2019; 21: 102063.
46. He C, Hu Y, Yin L, Tang C, Yin C. Effects of particle size and surface charge on cellular uptake and biodistribution of polymeric nanoparticles. Biomaterials 2010; 31: 3657-3666.
47. National Center for Biotechnology Information (2022). PubChem Compound Summary for CID 122192877. Retrieved July 26, 2022 from https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/122192877.