1. Garcia-Nino WR, Zazueta C. Ellagic acid: Pharmacological activities and molecular mechanisms involved in liver protection. Pharmacol Res 2015; 97:84-103.
2. Evtyugin DD, Magina S, Evtuguin DV. Recent advances in the production and applications of ellagic acid and its derivatives. A review. Molecules 2020; 25:2745-2764.
3. Muthukumaran S, Tranchant C, Shi J, Ye X, Xue SJ. Ellagic acid in strawberry (Fragaria spp.): Biological, technological, stability, and human health aspects. Food Qual Saf 2017; 1:227-252.
4. Rios JL, Giner RM, Marin M, Recio MC. A pharmacological update of ellagic acid. Planta Med 2018; 84:1068-1093.
5. Ceci C, Lacal PM, Tentori L, De Martino MG, Miano R, Graziani G. Experimental evidence of the antitumor, antimetastatic and antiangiogenic activity of ellagic acid. Nutrients 2018; 10:1756-1778.
6. Mansouri Z, Dianat M, Radan M, Badavi M. Ellagic acid ameliorates lung inflammation and heart oxidative stress in elastase-induced emphysema model in rat. Inflammation 2020; 43:1143-1156.
7. Javaid N, Shah MA, Rasul A, Chauhdary Z, Saleem U, Khan H, et al. Neuroprotective effects of ellagic acid in alzheimer’s disease: Focus on underlying molecular mechanisms of therapeutic potential. Curr Pharm Des 2021;27:3591-3601.
8. Aishwarya V, Solaipriya S, Sivaramakrishnan V. Role of ellagic acid for the prevention and treatment of liver diseases. Phytother Res 2021; 35:2925-2944.
9. Yuce A, Atessahin A, Ceribasi AO, Aksakal M. Ellagic acid prevents cisplatin-induced oxidative stress in liver and heart tissue of rats. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 2007; 101:345-349.
10. Shakeri A, Zirak MR, Sahebkar A. Ellagic acid: A logical lead for drug development? Curr Pharm Des 2018; 24:106-122.
11. Zeb A. Ellagic acid in suppressing in vivo and in vitro oxidative stresses. Mol Cell Biochem 2018; 448:27-41.
12. El-Shitany NA, El-Bastawissy EA, El-desoky K. Ellagic acid protects against carrageenan-induced acute inflammation through inhibition of nuclear factor kappa B, inducible cyclooxygenase and proinflammatory cytokines and enhancement of interleukin-10 via an antioxidant mechanism. Int Immunopharmacol 2014; 19:290-299.
13. Kohen R, Nyska A. Oxidation of biological systems: oxidative stress phenomena, antioxidants, redox reactions, and methods for their quantification. Toxicol Pathol 2002; 30:620-650.
14. Alfei S, Marengo B, Zuccari G. Oxidative stress, antioxidant capabilities, and bioavailability: Elagic acid or urolithins? Antioxidants (Basel) 2020; 9:707-737.
15. Bell C, Hawthorne S. Ellagic acid, pomegranate and prostate cancer -a mini review. J Pharm Pharmacol 2008; 60:139-144.
16. Ahmed AR, Hombal SM. Cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan). A review on relevant pharmacology and clinical uses. J Am Acad Dermatol 1984; 11:1115-1126.
17. Ghobadi E, Moloudizargari M, Asghari MH, Abdollahi M. The mechanisms of cyclophosphamide-induced testicular toxicity and the protective agents. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 2017; 13:525-536.
18. Stojiljkovic N, Ilic S, Stojanovic N, Jankovic-Velickovic L, Stojnev S, Kocic G, et al. Nanoliposome-encapsulated ellagic acid prevents cyclophosphamide-induced rat liver damage. Mol Cell Biochem 2019; 458:185-195.
19. Turk G, Ceribasi AO, Sakin F, Sonmez M, Atessahin A. Antiperoxidative and anti-apoptotic effects of lycopene and ellagic acid on cyclophosphamide-induced testicular lipid peroxidation and apoptosis. Reprod Fertil Dev 2010; 22:587-596.
20. Ceribasi AO, Turk G, Sonmez M, Sakin F, Atessahin A. Toxic effect of cyclophosphamide on sperm morphology, testicular histology and blood oxidant-antioxidant balance, and protective roles of lycopene and ellagic acid. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 2010; 107:730-736.
21. Rehman MU, Tahir M, Ali F, Qamar W, Lateef A, Khan R, et al. Cyclophosphamide-induced nephrotoxicity, genotoxicity, and damage in kidney genomic DNA of Swiss Albino mice: The protective effect of ellagic acid. Mol Cell Biochem 2012; 365:119-127.
22. Saba, Khan S, Parvez S, Chaudhari B, Ahmad F, Anjum S, et al. Ellagic acid attenuates bleomycin and cyclophosphamide-induced pulmonary toxicity in Wistar rats. Food Chem Toxicol 2013; 58:210-219.
23. Wu Q, Wang X, Nepovimova E, Wang Y, Yang H, Kuca K. Mechanism of cyclosporine A nephrotoxicity: Oxidative stress, autophagy, and signalings. Food Chem Toxicol 2018; 118:889-907.
24. Turk G, Sonmez M, Ceribasi AO, Yuce A, Atessahin A. Attenuation of cyclosporine A-induced testicular and spermatozoal damages associated with oxidative stress by ellagic acid. Int Immunopharmacol 2010; 10:177-182.
25. Yuce A, Atessahin A, Ceribasi AO. Amelioration of cyclosporine A-induced renal, hepatic and cardiac damages by ellagic acid in rats. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 2008; 103:186-191.
26. Abdul-Hamid M, Abdella EM, Galaly SR, Ahmed RH. Protective effect of ellagic acid against cyclosporine A-induced histopathological, ultrastructural changes, oxidative stress, and cytogenotoxicity in albino rats. Ultrastruct Pathol 2016; 40:205-221.
27. Pari L, Sivasankari R. Effect of ellagic acid on cyclosporine A-induced oxidative damage in the liver of rats. Fundam Clin Pharmacol 2008; 22:395-401.
28. Pugazhendhi A, Edison T, Velmurugan BK, Jacob JA, Karuppusamy I. Toxicity of doxorubicin (Dox) to different experimental organ systems. Life Sci 2018; 200:26-30.
29. Georgy GS, Maher OW. Ellagic acid and rosmarinic acid attenuate doxorubicin-induced testicular injury in rats. J Biochem Mol Toxicol 2017; 31:e21937.
30. Lin MC, Yin MC. Preventive effects of ellagic acid against doxorubicin-induced cardio-toxicity in mice. Cardiovasc Toxicol 2013; 13:185-193.
31. Rizk HA, Masoud MA, Maher OW. Prophylactic effects of ellagic acid and rosmarinic acid on doxorubicin-induced neurotoxicity in rats. J Biochem Mol Toxicol 2017; 31:e21977.
32. Chen C, Chen Y, Wu P, Chen B. Update on new medicinal applications of gentamicin: evidence-based review. J Formos Med Assoc 2014; 113:72-82.
33. Sepand MR, Ghahremani MH, Razavi-Azarkhiavi K, Aghsami M, Rajabi J, Keshavarz-Bahaghighat H, et al. Ellagic acid confers protection against gentamicin-induced oxidative damage, mitochondrial dysfunction and apoptosis-related nephrotoxicity. J Pharm Pharmacol 2016; 68:1222-1232.
34. Mehdizadeh R, Parizadeh MR, Khooei AR, Mehri S, Hosseinzadeh H. Cardioprotective effect of saffron extract and safranal in isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction in Wistar rats. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2013; 16:56-63.
35. Anandan R, Mathew S, Sankar TV, Viswanathan Nair PG. Protective effect of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids concentrate on isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction in rats. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 2007; 76:153-158.
36. Kannan MM, Quine SD. Ellagic acid ameliorates isoproterenol induced oxidative stress: evidence from electrocardiological, biochemical and histological study. Eur J Pharmacol 2011; 659:45-52.
37. Howard SC, McCormick J, Pui CH, Buddington RK, Harvey RD. Preventing and managing toxicities of high-dose methotrexate. Oncologist 2016; 21:1471-1482.
38. Ebrahimi R, Sepand MR, Seyednejad SA, Omidi A, Akbariani M, Gholami M, et al. Ellagic acid reduces methotrexate-induced apoptosis and mitochondrial dysfunction via up-regulating Nrf2 expression and inhibiting the IkBalpha/NFkB in rats. Daru 2019; 27:721-733.
39. El-Boghdady NA. Protective effect of ellagic acid and pumpkin seed oil against methotrexate-induced small intestine damage in rats. Indian J Biochem Biophys 2011; 48:380-387.
40. Mehrzadi S, Mehrabani M, Malayeri AR, Bakhshayesh M, Kalantari H, Goudarzi M. Ellagic acid as a potential antioxidant, alleviates methotrexate-induced hepatotoxicity in male rats. Acta Chir Belg 2019; 119:69-77.
41. McCrae JC, Morrison EE, MacIntyre IM, Dear JW, Webb DJ. Long-term adverse effects of paracetamol: A review. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2018; 84:2218-2230.
42. Girish C, Koner BC, Jayanthi S, Ramachandra Rao K, Rajesh B, Pradhan SC. Hepatoprotective activity of picroliv, curcumin and ellagic acid compared to silymarin on paracetamol induced liver toxicity in mice. Fundam Clin Pharmacol 2009; 23:735-745.
43. Macfarlane A, Greenhalgh T. Sodium valproate in pregnancy: What are the risks and should we use a shared decision-making approach? BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2018; 18:200-210.
44. Girish C, Shweta O, Raj V, Balakrishnan S, Varghese RG. Ellagic acid modulates sodium valproate induced reproductive toxicity in male Wistar rats. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2014; 58:416-422.
45. Szkudelski T. The mechanism of alloxan and streptozotocin action in B cells of the rat pancreas. Physiol Res 2001; 50:537-546.
46. Kumar M, Bansal N. Ellagic acid prevents dementia through modulation of PI3-kinase-endothelial nitric oxide synthase signalling in streptozotocin-treated rats. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 2018; 391:987-1001.
47. Uzar E, Alp H, Cevik MU, Firat U, Evliyaoglu O, Tufek A, et al. Ellagic acid attenuates oxidative stress on brain and sciatic nerve and improves histopathology of brain in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Neurol Sci 2012; 33:567-574.
48. Hamid AS, Tesfamariam IG, Zhang Y, Zhang ZG. Aflatoxin B1-induced hepatocellular carcinoma in developing countries: geographical distribution, mechanism of action and prevention. Oncol Lett 2013; 5:1087-1092.
49. Rushing BR, Selim MI. Aflatoxin B1: A review on metabolism, toxicity, occurrence in food, occupational exposure, and detoxification methods. Food Chem Toxicol 2019; 124:81-100.
50. Kumar A, Tyagi YK, Seema, Ponnan P, Rohil V, Prasad AK, et al. Ellagic acid peracetate is superior to ellagic acid in the prevention of genotoxicity due to aflatoxin B1 in bone marrow and lung cells. J Pharm Pharmacol 2007; 59:81-86.
51. Loarca-Pina G, Kuzmicky PA, de Mejia EG, Kado NY. Inhibitory effects of ellagic acid on the direct-acting mutagenicity of aflatoxin B1 in the Salmonella microsuspension assay. Mutat Res 1998; 398:183-187.
52. Li WW, Yu JY, Xu HL, Bao JK. Concanavalin A: A potential anti-neoplastic agent targeting apoptosis, autophagy and anti-angiogenesis for cancer therapeutics. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2011; 414:282-286.
53. Lee JH, Won JH, Choi JM, Cha HH, Jang YJ, Park S, et al. Protective effect of ellagic acid on concanavalin A-induced hepatitis via toll-like receptor and mitogen-activated protein kinase/nuclear factor kappaB signaling pathways. J Agric Food Chem 2014; 62:10110-10117.
54. Cynober L. Metabolism of dietary glutamate in adults. Ann Nutr Metab 2018; 73 Suppl 5:5-14.
55. Niaz K, Zaplatic E, Spoor J. Extensive use of monosodium glutamate: A threat to public health? EXCLI J 2018; 17:273-278.
56. Fernstrom JD. Monosodium glutamate in the diet does not raise brain glutamate concentrations or disrupt brain functions. Ann Nutr Metab 2018; 73:43-52.
57. Hamza RZ, Al-Baqami NM. Testicular protective effects of ellagic acid on monosodium glutamate-induced testicular structural alterations in male rats. Ultrastruct Pathol 2019; 43:170-183.
58. Park BS, Lee JO. Recognition of lipopolysaccharide pattern by TLR4 complexes. Exp Mol Med 2013; 45:e66.
59. de Punder K, Pruimboom L. Stress induces endotoxemia and low-grade inflammation by increasing barrier permeability. Front Immunol 2015; 6:223-223.
60. Gu L, Deng WS, Liu Y, Jiang CH, Sun LC, Sun XF, et al. Ellagic acid protects lipopolysaccharide/D-galactosamine-induced acute hepatic injury in mice. Int Immunopharmacol 2014; 22:341-345.
61. LaHood AJ, Kok SJ. Ethanol Toxicity. StatPearls. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing Copyright © 2021, StatPearls Publishing LLC.; 2021.
62. Heier C, Xie H, Zimmermann R. Nonoxidative ethanol metabolism in humans-from biomarkers to bioactive lipids. IUBMB Life 2016; 68:916-923.
63. Mandal P, Pritchard MT, Nagy LE. Anti-inflammatory pathways and alcoholic liver disease: role of an adiponectin/interleukin-10/heme oxygenase-1 pathway. World J Gastroenterol 2010; 16:1330-1336.
64. Rezaee-Khorasany A, Razavi BM, Taghiabadi E, Tabatabaei Yazdi A, Hosseinzadeh H. Effect of crocin, an active saffron constituent, on ethanol toxicity in the rat: Histopathological and biochemical studies. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2020; 23:51-62.
65. Devipriya N, Srinivasan M, Sudheer AR, Menon VP. Effect of ellagic acid, a natural polyphenol, on alcohol-induced prooxidant and antioxidant imbalance: a drug dose dependent study. Singapore Med J 2007; 48:311-318.
66. Sohn E-H, Koo HJ, Jang S-A, Namkoong S, Lim JD, Kang SCJM, et al. Protective effects of ellagic acid on ethanol-induced toxicity in hepatic HepG2 cells. Mol Cell Toxicol 2013; 9:249-256.
67. Siqueira LM, Committee On Substance USE, Prevention. Nicotine and tobacco as substances of abuse in children and adolescents. Pediatrics 2017; 139:e20163436.
68. Lambers DS, Clark KE. The maternal and fetal physiologic effects of nicotine. Semin Perinatol 1996; 20:115-126.
69. Akkoyun HT, Karadeniz A. Investigation of the protective effect of ellagic acid for preventing kidney injury in rats exposed to nicotine during the fetal period. Biotech Histochem 2016; 91:108-115.
70. Mohammadzadeh L, Abnous K, Razavi BM, Hosseinzadeh H. Crocin-protected malathion-induced spatial memory deficits by inhibiting TAU protein hyperphosphorylation and antiapoptotic effects. Nutr Neurosci 2020; 23:221-236.
71. Badr AM. Organophosphate toxicity: updates of malathion potential toxic effects in mammals and potential treatments. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 2020; 27:26036-26057.
72. Ural MS, Yonar ME, Mise Yonar S. Protective effect of ellagic acid on oxidative stress and antioxidant status in Cyprinus carpio during malathion exposure. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 2015; 61:58-63.
73. Dinis-Oliveira RJ, Duarte JA, Sanchez-Navarro A, Remiao F, Bastos ML, Carvalho F. Paraquat poisonings: mechanisms of lung toxicity, clinical features, and treatment. Crit Rev Toxicol 2008; 38:13-71.
74. Silfeler I, Alp H, Dorum BA, Nacar E, Arslan S, Uygur V. Protective effect of ellagic acid on paraquat-induced kidney hazards in rats. Iran J Kidney Dis 2017; 11:23-28.
75. Kim YS, Zerin T, Song HY. Antioxidant action of ellagic acid ameliorates paraquat-induced A549 cytotoxicity. Biol Pharm Bull 2013; 36:609-615.
76. Amniattalab A, Razi M. Effect of phosalone on testicular tissue and in vitro fertilizing potential. Int J Fertil Steril 2015; 9:93-106.
77. Baeeri M, Momtaz S, Navaei-Nigjeh M, Niaz K, Rahimifard M, Ghasemi-Niri SF, et al. Molecular evidence on the protective effect of ellagic acid on phosalone-induced senescence in rat embryonic fibroblast cells. Food Chem Toxicol 2017; 100:8-23.
78. Serrano M, Lin AW, McCurrach ME, Beach D, Lowe SW. Oncogenic ras provokes premature cell senescence associated with accumulation of p53 and p16INK4a. Cell 1997; 88:593-602.
79. Xiong N, Long X, Xiong J, Jia M, Chen C, Huang J, et al. Mitochondrial complex I inhibitor rotenone-induced toxicity and its potential mechanisms in Parkinson’s disease models. Crit Rev Toxicol 2012; 42:613-632.
80. Wei YZ, Zhu GF, Zheng CQ, Li JJ, Sheng S, Li DD, et al. Ellagic acid protects dopamine neurons from rotenone-induced neurotoxicity via activation of Nrf2 signalling. J Cell Mol Med 2020; 24:9446-9456.
81. Kumar V, Gill KD. Aluminium neurotoxicity: neurobehavioural and oxidative aspects. Arch Toxicol 2009; 83:965-978.
82. Salem AM, Mohammaden TF, Ali MAM, Mohamed EA, Hasan HF. Ellagic and ferulic acids alleviate gamma radiation and aluminium chloride-induced oxidative damage. Life Sci 2016; 160:2-11.
83. Jomova K, Jenisova Z, Feszterova M, Baros S, Liska J, Hudecova D, et al. Arsenic: toxicity, oxidative stress and human disease. J Appl Toxicol 2011; 31:95-107.
84. Arnold LL, Eldan M, van Gemert M, Capen CC, Cohen SM. Chronic studies evaluating the carcinogenicity of monomethylarsonic acid in rats and mice. Toxicology 2003; 190:197-219.
85. Barchowsky A, Dudek EJ, Treadwell MD, Wetterhahn KE. Arsenic induces oxidant stress and NF-kappa B activation in cultured aortic endothelial cells. Free Radic Biol Med 1996; 21:783-790.
86. Firdaus F, Zafeer MF, Anis E, Ahmad M, Afzal M. Ellagic acid attenuates arsenic induced neuro-inflammation and mitochondrial dysfunction associated apoptosis. Toxicol Rep 2018; 5:411-417.
87. Goudarzi M, Amiri S, Nesari A, Hosseinzadeh A, Mansouri E, Mehrzadi S. The possible neuroprotective effect of ellagic acid on sodium arsenate-induced neurotoxicity in rats. Life Sci 2018; 198:38-45.
88. Goudarzi M, Fatemi I, Siahpoosh A, Sezavar SH, Mansouri E, Mehrzadi S. Protective effect of ellagic acid against sodium arsenite-induced cardio- and hematotoxicity in rats. Cardiovasc Toxicol 2018; 18:337-345.
89. Roy M, Sinha D, Mukherjee S, Paul S, Bhattacharya RK. Protective effect of dietary phytochemicals against arsenite induced genotoxicity in mammalian V79 cells. Indian J Exp Biol 2008; 46:690-697.
90. Mehrzadi S, Bahrami N, Mehrabani M, Motevalian M, Mansouri E, Goudarzi M. Ellagic acid: A promising protective remedy against testicular toxicity induced by arsenic. Biomed Pharmacother 2018; 103:1464-1472.
91. Vineetha VP, Raghu KG. An overview on arsenic trioxide-induced cardiotoxicity. Cardiovasc Toxicol 2019; 19:105-119.
92. Firdaus F, Zafeer MF, Waseem M, Anis E, Hossain MM, Afzal M. Ellagic acid mitigates arsenic-trioxide-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and cytotoxicity in SH-SY5Y cells. J Biochem Mol Toxicol 2018; 32:e22024.
93. Hemmati AA, Olapour S, Varzi HN, Khodayar MJ, Dianat M, Mohammadian B, et al. Ellagic acid protects against arsenic trioxide-induced cardiotoxicity in rat. Hum Exp Toxicol 2018; 37:412-419.
94. Recalcati S, Gammella E, Cairo G. Dysregulation of iron metabolism in cancer stem cells. Free Radic Biol Med 2019; 133:216-220.
95. Shendge AK, Basu T, Panja S, Chaudhuri D, Mandal N. An ellagic acid isolated from Clerodendrum viscosum leaves ameliorates iron-overload induced hepatotoxicity in Swiss albino mice through inhibition of oxidative stress and the apoptotic pathway. Biomed Pharmacother 2018; 106:454-465.
96. Simola N, Morelli M, Carta AR. The 6-hydroxydopamine model of Parkinson’s disease. Neurotox Res 2007; 11:151-167.
97. Baluchnejadmojarad T, Rabiee N, Zabihnejad S, Roghani M. Ellagic acid exerts protective effect in intrastriatal 6-hydroxydopamine rat model of Parkinson’s disease: Possible involvement of ERbeta/Nrf2/HO-1 signaling. Brain Res 2017; 1662:23-30.
98. Farbood Y, Sarkaki A, Dolatshahi M, Taqhi Mansouri SM, Khodadadi A. Ellagic acid protects the brain against 6-Hydroxydopamine induced neuroinflammation in a rat model of Parkinson’s disease. Basic Clin Neurosci 2015; 6:83-89.
99. Tabeshpour J, Mehri S, Abnous K, Hosseinzadeh H. Neuroprotective effects of thymoquinone in acrylamide-induced peripheral nervous system toxicity through MAPKinase and apoptosis pathways in rat. Neurochem Res 2019; 44:1101-1112.
100. Goudarzi M, Mombeini MA, Fatemi I, Aminzadeh A, Kalantari H, Nesari A, et al. Neuroprotective effects of ellagic acid against acrylamide-induced neurotoxicity in rats. Neurol Res 2019; 41:419-428.
101. Teschke R. Liver injury by carbon tetrachloride intoxication in 16 patients treated with forced ventilation to accelerate toxin removal via the lungs: a clinical report. Toxics 2018; 6:25-56.
102. Aslan A, Gok O, Erman O, Kuloglu T. Ellagic acid impedes carbontetrachloride-induced liver damage in rats through suppression of NF-kB, Bcl-2 and regulating Nrf-2 and caspase pathway. Biomed Pharmacother 2018; 105:662-669.
103. Ding Y, Wang L, Song J, Zhou S. Protective effects of ellagic acid against tetrachloride-induced cirrhosis in mice through the inhibition of reactive oxygen species formation and angiogenesis. Exp Ther Med 2017; 14:3375-3380.
104. Stacpoole PW, Martyniuk CJ, James MO, Calcutt NA. Dichloroacetate-induced peripheral neuropathy. Int Rev Neurobiol 2019; 145:211-238.
105. Williams FE, Sickelbaugh TJ, Hassoun E. Modulation by ellagic acid of DCA-induced developmental toxicity in the zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Biochem Mol Toxicol 2006; 20:183-190.
106. Pohjanvirta R, Tuomisto J. Short-term toxicity of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin in laboratory animals: effects, mechanisms, and animal models. Pharmacol Rev 1994; 46:483-549.
107. Hassoun EA, Vodhanel J, Abushaban A. The modulatory effects of ellagic acid and vitamin E succinate on TCDD-induced oxidative stress in different brain regions of rats after subchronic exposure. J Biochem Mol Toxicol 2004; 18:196-203.
108. Hassoun EA, Vodhanel J, Holden B, Abushaban A. The effects of ellagic acid and vitamin E succinate on antioxidant enzymes activities and glutathione levels in different brain regions of rats after subchronic exposure to TCDD. J Toxicol Environ Health A 2006; 69:381-393.
109. Vijaya Padma V, Kalai Selvi P, Sravani S. Protective effect of ellagic acid against TCDD-induced renal oxidative stress: Modulation of CYP1A1 activity and antioxidant defense mechanisms. Mol Biol Rep 2014; 41:4223-4232.
110. Sonmez M, Turk G, Ceribasi AO, Sakin F, Atessahin A. Attenuating effect of lycopene and ellagic acid on 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced spermiotoxicity and testicular apoptosis. Drug Chem Toxicol 2011; 34:347-356.
111. Tomás-Barberan FA, Espín JC, García-Conesa MT. Bioavailability and metabolism of ellagic acid and ellagitannins. In: Quideau S, editor. Chemistry and Biology of Ellagitannins2009. p. 273-297.
112. Cortes-Martin A, Selma MV, Tomas-Barberan FA, Gonzalez-Sarrias A, Espin JC. Where to look into the puzzle of polyphenols and health? The postbiotics and gut microbiota associated with human metabotypes. Mol Nutr Food Res 2020; 64:e1900952.
113. Ismail T, Calcabrini C, Diaz AR, Fimognari C, Turrini E, Catanzaro E, et al. Ellagitannins in cancer chemoprevention and therapy. Toxins 2016; 8:151-172.
114. Tasaki M, Umemura T, Maeda M, Ishii Y, Okamura T, Inoue T, et al. Safety assessment of ellagic acid, a food additive, in a subchronic toxicity study using F344 rats. Food Chem Toxicol 2008; 46:1119-1124.
115. Reagan-Shaw S, Nihal M, Ahmad N. Dose translation from animal to human studies revisited. FASEB J 2008; 22:659-661.