1. Grodzinski P, Silver M, Molnar LK. Nanotechnology for cancer diagnostics: promises and challenges. Expert Rev Mol Diagn 2006; 6: 307-318.
2. Hilger I. In vivo applications of magnetic nanoparticle hyperthermia. Int J Hyperth 2013; 29: 828-834.
3. Martirosyan A, Bazes A, Schneider Y-J. In vitro toxicity assessment of silver nanoparticles in the presence of phenolic compounds–preventive agents against the harmful effect? Nanotoxicology 2014; 8: 573-582.
4. Villanueva A, Canete M, Roca AG, Calero M, Veintemillas-Verdaguer S, Serna CJ, et al. The influence of surface functionalization on the enhanced internalization of magnetic nanoparticles in cancer cells. Nanotechnology 2009; 20: 115103.
5. Kawata K, Osawa M, Okabe S. In vitro toxicity of silver nanoparticles at noncytotoxic doses to HepG2 human hepatoma cells. Environ Sci Technol 2009; 43: 6046-6051.
6. Sanguansri P, Augustin MA. Nanoscale materials development–a food industry perspective. Trends Food Sci Technol 2006; 17:547-556.
7. Punia P, Bharti MK, Chalia S, Dhar R, Ravelo B, Thakur P, et al. Recent advances in synthesis, characterization, and applications of nanoparticles for contaminated water treatment-A review. Ceram Int 2021; 47: 1526-1550.
8. Hasan A, Morshed M, Memic A, Hassan S, Webster TJ, Marei HE-S. Nanoparticles in tissue engineering: applications, challenges and prospects. Int J Nanomedicine 2018; 13: 5637-5655.
9. Sohrabi T, Asadzadeh-Lotfabad M, Shafie Z, Tehranizadeh ZA, Saberi M-R, Chamani J. Description of the calf thymus DNA-malathion complex behavior by multi-spectroscopic and molecular modeling techniques: EMF at low and high frequency approaches. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2021; 24: 1346-1357.
10. Sadeghzadeh F, Entezari AA, Behzadian K, Habibi K, Amiri-Tehranizadeh Z, Asoodeh A, et al. Characterizing the binding of angiotensin converting enzyme I inhibitory peptide to human hemoglobin: Influence of electromagnetic fields. Protein Pept Lett 2020; 27: 1007-1021.
11. Khashkhashi-Moghadam S, Ezazi-Toroghi S, Kamkar-Vatanparast M, Jouyaeian P, Mokaberi P, Yazdyani H, et al. Novel perspective into the interaction behavior study of the cyanidin with human serum albumin-holo transferrin complex: Spectroscopic, calorimetric and molecular modeling approaches. J Mol Liq 2022; 356: 119042.
12. Jabbarzadeh Kaboli P, Salimian F, Aghapour S, Xiang S, Zhao Q, Li M, et al. Akt-targeted therapy as a promising strategy to overcome drug resistance in breast cancer – A comprehensive review from chemotherapy to immunotherapy. Pharmacol Res 2020; 156: 104806.
13. Zare-Feizabadi N, Amiri-Tehranizadeh Z, Sharifi-Rad A, Mokaberi P, Nosrati N, Hashemzadeh F, et al. Determining the Interaction behavior of calf thymus DNA with anastrozole in the presence of histone H1: spectroscopies and cell viability of MCF-7 cell line investigations. DNA Cell Biol 2021; 40: 1039-1051.
14. Miraj S, Azizi N, Kiani S. A review of chemical components and pharmacological effects of Melissa officinalis L. Der Pharm Lett 2016; 8: 229-237.
15. Weidner C, Rousseau M, Plauth A, Wowro S, Fischer C, Abdel-Aziz H, et al. Melissa officinalis extract induces apoptosis and inhibits proliferation in colon cancer cells through formation of reactive oxygen species. Phytomedicine 2015; 22: 262-270.
16. Marjani N, Dareini M, Asadzade‐Lotfabad M, Pejhan M, Mokaberi P, Amiri‐Tehranizadeh Z, et al. Evaluation of the binding effect and cytotoxicity assay of 2‐Ethyl‐5‐(4‐methylphenyl) pyramido pyrazole ophthalazine trione on calf thymus DNA: spectroscopic, calorimetric, and molecular dynamics approaches. Luminescence 2022; 37: 310-322.
17. Askari A, Mokaberi P, Dareini M, Medalian M, Pejhan M, Erfani M, et al. Impact of linker histone in the formation of ambochlorin-calf thymus DNA complex: Multi-spectroscopic, stopped-flow, and molecular modeling approaches. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2021; 24: 1568-1582.
18. Kennedy DO, Wake G, Savelev S, Tildesley NT, Perry EK, Wesnes KA, et al. Modulation of mood and cognitive performance following acute administration of single doses of Melissa officinalis (Lemon balm) with human CNS nicotinic and muscarinic receptor-binding properties. Neuropsychopharmacology 2003; 28: 1871-1881.
19. Zhang X, Yan S, Tyagi R, Surampalli R. Synthesis of nanoparticles by microorganisms and their application in enhancing microbiological reaction rates. Chemosphere 2011; 82: 489-494.
20. Safaepour M, Shahverdi AR, Shahverdi HR, Khorramizadeh MR, Gohari AR. Green synthesis of small silver nanoparticles using geraniol and its cytotoxicity against fibrosarcoma-wehi 164. Avicenna J Med Biotechnol 2009; 1:111-115.
21. Tolaymat TM, El Badawy AM, Genaidy A, Scheckel KG, Luxton TP, Suidan M. An evidence-based environmental perspective of manufactured silver nanoparticle in syntheses and applications: A systematic review and critical appraisal of peer-reviewed scientific papers. Sci Total Environ 2010; 408: 999-1006.
22. Jia Z, Sun H, Gu Q. Preparation of Ag nanoparticles with triethanolamine as reducing agent and their antibacterial property. Colloids Surf. A Physicochem. Eng Asp 2013; 419: 174-179.
23. Philip D. Green synthesis of gold and silver nanoparticles using Hibiscus rosa sinensis. Physica E Low Dimens. Syst Nanostruct 2010; 42: 1417-1424.
24. Dubey SP, Lahtinen M, Sillanpää M. Tansy fruit mediated greener synthesis of silver and gold nanoparticles. Process Biochem 2010; 45: 1065-1071.
25. Zuchowska A, Chudy M, Dybko A, Brzozka Z. Graphene as a new material in anticancer therapy-in vitro studies. Sens. Actuators B: Chem 2017; 243:152-165.
26. Fu C, Yang X. Molecular simulation of interfacial mechanics for solvent exfoliation of graphene from graphite. Carbon 2013; 55: 350-360.
27. Salunke BK, Kim BS. Facile synthesis of graphene using a biological method. RSC Adv. 2016; 6:17158-17162.
28. Soraki RK, Gerami M, Ramezani M. Effect of graphene/metal nanocomposites on the key genes involved in rosmarinic acid biosynthesis pathway and its accumulation in Melissa officinalis. BMC Plant Biol. 2021; 21: 1-14.
29. AA KM. Effect of doxorubicin on Bcl2 and Bax expression in Rat heart. J Gorgan Univ Med Sci 2013; 15: 19-24.
30. Shokrzadeh M, Mortazavi P, Moghadami A, Khayambashi B, Motafeghi F. Synergistic antiproliferative and anticancer activity of carotenoid lutein or coenzyme Q10 in combination with doxorubicin on the MCF7 cell line. Appl In Vitro Toxicol 2021; 7: 167-174.
31. Suberu JO, Romero-Canelón I, Sullivan N, Lapkin AA, Barker GC. Comparative cytotoxicity of artemisinin and cisplatin and their interactions with chlorogenic acids in MCF7 breast cancer cells. ChemMedChem 2014; 9: 2791-2797.
32. Azari A, Shokrzadeh M, Zamani E, Amani N, Shaki F. Cerium oxide nanoparticles protects against acrylamide induced toxicity in HepG2 cells through modulation of oxidative stress. Drug Chem Toxicol 2019; 42: 54-59.
33. Shokrzadeh M, Etebari M, Ghassemi-Barghi N. An engineered non-erythropoietic erythropoietin-derived peptide, ARA290, attenuates doxorubicin induced genotoxicity and oxidative stress. Toxicol. In Vitro 2020; 66: 104864.
34. Kolahdoozan Sh, Sadjadi AR, Radmard AR, Khademi H. Five common cancers in Iran. Arch Iran Med 2010;13: 143-146.
35. Kelsey JL, Gammon MD, John EM. Reproductive factors and breast cancer. Epidemiol Rev 1993; 15: 36-47.
36. Behjati F, Atri M, Najmabadi H, Nouri K, Zamani M, Mehdipour P. Prognostic value of chromosome 1 and 8 copy number in invasive ductal breast carcinoma among Iranian women: An interphase FISH analysis. Pathol Oncol Res 2005; 11: 157-163.
37. Zhang Q-W, Lin L-G, Ye W-C. Techniques for extraction and isolation of natural products: A comprehensive review. Chin Med 2018; 13: 1-26.
38. Mata R, Nakkala JR, Sadras SR. Biogenic silver nanoparticles from Abutilon indicum: Their anti-oxidant, antibacterial and cytotoxic effects in vitro. Colloids Surf. B: Biointerfaces 2015; 128: 276-286.
39. Selvi BCG, Madhavan J, Santhanam A. Cytotoxic effect of silver nanoparticles synthesized from Padina tetrastromatica on breast cancer cell line. Adv Nat Sci: Nanosci Nanotechnol 2016; 7: 035015.
40. He Y, Du Z, Ma S, Liu Y, Li D, Huang H, et al. Effects of green-synthesized silver nanoparticles on lung cancer cells in vitro and grown as xenograft tumors in vivo. Int J Nanomedicine 2016; 11: 1879.
41. Karam Sichani S, Naghsh N, Razmi N. Comparing an anti-oxidant effect of Peganum. harmala and nanosilver particles on glutathione peroxidase activity in male mice. Feyz 2013; 16: 703-704.
42. Ghandehari S HM, Ardalan P. Anti-oxidant and cytotoxic properties of green synthesized silver nanoparticles from Rubia tinctorum. Sci J Kurdistan Univ Medical Sci 2017; 26: 57-67.
43. Ramar M, Manikandan B, Marimuthu PN, Raman T, Mahalingam A, Subramanian P, et al. Synthesis of silver nanoparticles using solanum trilobatum fruits extract and its antibacterial, cytotoxic activity against human breast cancer cell line MCF 7. Spectrochim. Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 2015; 140: 223-228.
44. Zhu B, Li Y, Lin Z, Zhao M, Xu T, Wang C, et al. Silver nanoparticles induce HePG-2 cells apoptosis through ROS-mediated signaling pathways. Nanoscale Res Lett 2016; 11: 1-8.
45. Zhang Y, Ali SF, Dervishi E, Xu Y, Li Z, Casciano D, et al. Cytotoxicity effects of graphene and single-wall carbon nanotubes in neural phaeochromocytoma-derived PC12 cells. ACS Nano 2010; 4: 3181-3186.
46. de Medeiros AM, Khan LU, da Silva GH, Ospina CA, Alves OL, de Castro VL, et al. Graphene oxide-silver nanoparticle hybrid material: an integrated nanosafety study in zebrafish embryos. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 2021; 209: 111776.
47. Li Y, Liu Y, Fu Y, Wei T, Le Guyader L, Gao G, et al. The triggering of apoptosis in macrophages by pristine graphene through the MAPK and TGF-beta signaling pathways. Biomaterials 2012; 33: 402-411.
48. Chowdhury SM, Lalwani G, Zhang K, Yang JY, Neville K, Sitharaman B. Cell specific cytotoxicity and uptake of graphene nanoribbons. Biomaterials 2013; 34: 283-293.
49. Gurunathan S, Han JW, Eppakayala V, Kim J-H. Green synthesis of graphene and its cytotoxic effects in human breast cancer cells. Int J Nanomedicine 2013; 8: 1015.
50. Ahmadi Shadmehri A, Namvar F, Miri H, Yaghmaei P, Nakhaei Moghaddam M. A review of the mechanisms of cytotoxicity and antibacterial activity of graphene. J Med Sci Studies 2020; 30: 895-904.
51. Burnett M, Abuetabh Y, Wronski A, Shen F, Persad S, Leng R, et al. Graphene oxide nanoparticles induce apoptosis in wild-type and CRISPR/Cas9-IGF/IGFBP3 knocked-out osteosarcoma cells. J Cancer 2020; 11: 5007.
52. Alsaedi II, Taqi ZJ, Hussien AMA, Sulaiman GM, Jabir MS. Graphene nanoparticles induces apoptosis in MCF-7 cells through mitochondrial damage and NF-KB pathway. Mater Res Express 2019; 6: 095413.
53. Gurunathan S, Han JW, Park JH, Kim E, Choi Y-J, Kwon D-N, et al. Reduced graphene oxide–silver nanoparticle nanocomposite: a potential anticancer nanotherapy. Int J Nanomedicine 2015; 10: 6257.
54. Kavinkumar T, Varunkumar K, Ravikumar V, Manivannan S. Anticancer activity of graphene oxide-reduced graphene oxide-silver nanoparticle composites. J Colloid Interface Sci 2017; 505: 1125-1133.
55. Kheiltash KP, Hayati Roodbari N, Badiei A, Sadeghi B. The effects of 8-hydroxyquinoline -coated graphene oxide on cell death and apoptosis in breast (MCF-7) and colorectal (SW742) cancer cel l lines. J Anim Physiol Develop 2019; 12: 85-104.
56. Hekmat A, Hatamie S, Bakhshi E. Probing the effects of synthesized silver nanowire/reduced graphene oxide composites on the structure and esterase-like activity of human serum albumin and its impacts on human endometrial stem cells: A new platform in nanomedicine. Nanomed J 2021; 8: 42-56.
57. Yuan Y-G, Cai H-Q, Wang J-L, Mesalam A, Md Talimur Reza AM, Li L, et al. Graphene oxide–silver nanoparticle nanocomposites induce oxidative stress and aberrant methylation in caprine fetal fibroblast cells. Cells 2021; 10: 682-696.