1. Gleiter H. Nanostructured materials: Basic concepts and microstructure. Acta materialia 2000;48:1-29.
2. Xi N, Lai K. Nano Optoelectronic Sensors and Devices: Nanophotonics from Design to Manufacturing, William Andrew 2011.
3. Mehrotra P. Biosensors and their applications-A review. J Oral Biol Craniofac Res 2016; 6:153-159.
4. Pal T, Mohiyuddin S, Packirisamy G. Facile and green synthesis of multicolor fluorescence carbon dots from curcumin: In vitro and in vivo bioimaging and other applications. ACS Omega 2018; 3:831-843.
5. Gong X, Lu W, Paau MC, Hu Q, Wu X, Shuang S, et al. Facile synthesis of nitrogen-doped carbon dots for Fe3+ sensing and cellular imaging, Analytica. Anal Chim Acta 2015;861:74-84.
6. Teng X, Ma C, Ge C, Yan M, Yang J, Zhang Y, et al. Green synthesis of nitrogen-doped carbon dots from konjac flour with “off–on” fluorescence by Fe 3+ and L-lysine for bioimaging. J Mater Chem B 2014;2:4631-4639.
7. Sun YP, Zhou B, Lin Y, Wang W, Fernando KS, Pathak P, et al. Quantum-sized carbon dots for bright and colorful photoluminescence. J Am Chem Soc 2006;128:7756-7757.
8. Liu W, Li C, Ren Y, Sun X, Pan W, Li Y, Wang J, Wang W. Carbon dots: Surface engineering and applications. J Mater Chem B 2016;4:5772-5788.
9. Molaei MJ. The optical properties and solar energy conversion applications of carbon quantum dots: A review. Solar Energy 2020; 196:549-566.
10. Lim SY, Shen W, Gao Z. Carbon quantum dots and their applications. Chem Soc Rev 2015;44:362-381.
11. Kulkarni NS, Guererro Y, Gupta N, Muth A, Gupta V. Exploring potential of quantum dots as dual modality for cancer therapy and diagnosis. J Drug Deliv Sci Technol 2019; 49:352-364.
12. Bhamore JR, Jha S, Park TJ, Kailasa SK. Green synthesis of multi-color emissive carbon dots from Manilkara zapota fruits for bioimaging of bacterial and fungal cells. J Photochem Photobiol B 2019; 191:150-155.
13. Li H, Kang Z, Liu Y, Lee ST. Carbon nanodots: Synthesis, properties and applications. J Mater Chem 2012; 22:24230-24253.
14. Zhou J, Lin P, Ma J, Shan X, Feng H, Chen C, et al. Facile synthesis of halogenated carbon quantum dots as an important intermediate for surface modification. RSC Adv 2013;3:9625-9628.
15. Li H, He X, Kang Z, Huang H, Liu Y, Liu J, et al. Water‐soluble fluorescent carbon quantum dots and photocatalyst design. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 2010;49:4430-4434.
16. Hu S, Guo Y, Tian R. Synthesis and size control of carbon quantum dots by tailoring laser parameters. Proceedings of 2011 Int Conf Elect Optoelectronics IEEE. 2011; pp. V2-283-V2-285.
17. Ding H, Cheng LW, Ma YY, Kong JL, Xiong HM.Luminescent carbon quantum dots and their application in cell imaging. New J Chem 2013; 37:2515-2520.
18. Liu H, Ye T, Mao C. Fluorescent carbon nanoparticles derived from candle soot. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 2007;119:6593-6595.
19. Thambiraj S, Shankaran R. Green synthesis of highly fluorescent carbon quantum dots from sugarcane bagasse pulp.Applied Surface Sci 2016; 390:435-443.
20. Zhang X, Ming H, Liu R, Han X, Kang Z, Liu Y, et al. Highly sensitive humidity sensing properties of carbon quantum dots films. Mater Res Bulletin 2013;48:790-794.
21. Yu J, Song N, Zhang YK, Zhong SX, Wang AJ, Chen J.Green preparation of carbon dots by Jinhua bergamot for sensitive and selective fluorescent detection of Hg2+ and Fe3+. Sens Actuators B Chem 2015; 214:29-35.
22. Mehta VN, Jha S, Kailasa SK. One-pot green synthesis of carbon dots by using Saccharum officinarum juice for fluorescent imaging of bacteria (Escherichia coli) and yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) cells. Mater Sci Engine C 2014; 38:20-27.
23. Weng CI, Chang HT, Lin CH, Shen YW, Unnikrishnan B, Li YJ, et al. One-step synthesis of biofunctional carbon quantum dots for bacterial labeling. Biosens Bioelectron 2015; 68:1-6.
24. Kumar D, Singh K, Verma V, Bhatti H. Synthesis and characterization of carbon quantum dots from orange juice. J Bionanosci 2014;8:274-279.
25. Kasibabu BSB, D’souza SL, Jha S, Kailasa SK. Imaging of bacterial and fungal cells using fluorescent carbon dots prepared from carica papaya juice. J Fluor 2015;25:803-810.
26. Wang F, Chen YH, Liu CY, Ma DG. White light-emitting devices based on carbon dots’ electroluminescence. Chem Commun 2011;47:3502-3504.
27. Godavarthi S, Kumar KM, Vélez EV, Hernandez-Eligio A, Mahendhiran M, Hernandez-Como N, et al. Nitrogen doped carbon dots derived from Sargassum fluitans as fluorophore for DNA detection. J Photochem Photobiol B 2017;172:36-41.
28. Matai I, Sachdev A, Gopinath P. Self-assembled hybrids of fluorescent carbon dots and PAMAM dendrimers for epirubicin delivery and intracellular imaging. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 2015; 7:11423-11435.
29. Kamelnia E, Divsalar A, Darroudi M, Yaghmaei P, Sadri K. Synthesis, 99mTc-radiolabeling, and biodistribution of new cellulose nanocrystals from Dorema kopetdaghens. Int J Biol Macromol 2020;146:299-310.
30. Yang X, Peng L, Zong J, Zhu Y. Preparation of photoluminescent carbon dots-embedded polyelectrolyte microcapsules. Particuology 2013; 11:334-339.
31. Li H, Liu R, Liu Y, Huang H, Yu H, Ming H, et al. Carbon quantum dots/Cu 2 O composites with protruding nanostructures and their highly efficient (near) infrared photocatalytic behavior. J Mater Chem 2012; 22:17470-17475.
32. Zhang X, Jiang M, Niu N, Chen Z, Li S, Liu S, Li J. Natural‐product‐derived carbon dots: from natural products to functional materials. Chem Sus Chem 2018; 11:11-24.
33. Wang R, Lu KQ, Tang ZR, Xu YJ. Recent progress in carbon quantum dots: Synthesis, properties and applications in photocatalysis. J Mater Chem A 2017;5:3717-3734.
34. Surendran P, Lakshmanan A, Priya SS, Balakrishnan K, Rameshkumar P, Kannan K, et al. Bioinspired fluorescence carbon quantum dots extracted from natural honey: Efficient material for photonic and antibacterial applications. Nano-Struct Nano-Objects 2020; 24:100589.
35. Liu S, Tian J, Wang L, Zhang Y, Qin X, Luo Y, et al. Hydrothermal treatment of grass: A low‐cost, green route to nitrogen‐doped, carbon‐rich, photoluminescent polymer nanodots as an effective fluorescent sensing platform for label‐free detection of Cu (II) ions. Adv Mater 2012; 24:2037-2041.
36. Baker SN, Baker GA. Luminescent carbon nanodots: Emergent nanolights. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 2010; 49:6726-6744.
37. Yang ST, Wang X, Wang H, Lu F, Luo PG, Cao L, et al. Carbon dots as nontoxic and high-performance fluorescence imaging agents. Physic Chem C 2009; 113:18110-18114.
38. Yang ST, Cao L, Luo PG, Lu F, Wang X, Wang H, et al. Carbon dots for optical imaging in vivo. J Am Chem Soc 2009; 131:11308-11309.
39. Oliveira BP, Silva Abreu FOM. Carbon quantum dots synthesis from waste and by-products: Perspectives and challenges. Mater Lett 2021; 282:128764.
40. Zhang H, Ming H, Lian S, Huang H, Li H, Zhang L, et al. Fe 2 O 3/carbon quantum dots complex photocatalysts and their enhanced photocatalytic activity under visible light. Dalton Trans 2011;40:10822-10825.
41. Li H, Zhu Y, Cao H, Yang X, Li C. Preparation and characterization of photocatalytic carbon dots-sensitized electrospun titania nanostructured fibers. Mater Res Bulletin 2013; 48:232-237.
42. Wang R, Li G, Dong Y, Chi Y, Chen G. Carbon quantum dot-functionalized aerogels for NO2 gas sensing. Anal Chem 2013;85:8065-8069.
43. Minati L, Del Piano A. Facile synthesis of water-soluble, highly-fluorescent graphene quantum dots from graphene oxide reduction for efficient cell labelling. C J Carbon Res 2019; 5:77.
44. Jiao XY, Li LS, Qi S, Zhang Y, Huang K, Xu L. The synthesis of fluorescent carbon dots from mango peel and their multiple applications. Colloid Surf A Physicochem Eng Asp 2019; 577:306-314.
45. Pirsaheb M, Asadi A, Sillanpää M, Farhadian N. Application of carbon quantum dots to increase the activity of conventional photocatalysts: A systematic review. J Mol Liq 2018; 271:857-871.
46. Zhao DL, Chung TS. Applications of carbon quantum dots (CQDs) in membrane technologies: A review. Water Res 2018;147:43-49.
47. Sharma S, Dutta V, Singh P, Raizada P, Rahmani-Sani Hosseini-Bandegharaei A, Thakur VK. Carbon quantum dot supported semiconductor photocatalysts for efficient degradation of organic pollutants in water: A review. J Clean Prod 2019; 228:755-769.
48. Singh R, Kumar R, Singh D, Savu R, Moshkalev S. Progress in microwave-assisted synthesis of quantum dots (graphene/carbon/semiconducting) for bioapplications: A Review. Mater Today Chem 2019; 12:282-314.
49. Wang Y, Q Han, H Zhang. Evaluation of the toxicity of 5-fluorouracil on three digestive enzymes from the view of side effects. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 2019;220:117105.
50. Wang Y, Zhang HM, Kang YJ, Gu YL, Cao L. Mechanism of curcumin-induced trypsin inhibition: Computational and experimental studies. J Mol Struct 2016; 1107: 91-98.
51. Howard DR, Herr J, Hollister R. Using trypsin & soybean trypsin inhibitor to teach principles of enzyme kinetics. American Biol Teacher 2006; 68: 99-104.
52. Hu X, Li Y, Xu Y, Gan Z, Zou X, Shi J, et al. Green one-step synthesis of carbon quantum dots from orange peel for fluorescent detection of Escherichia coli in milk. Food Chem 2021;339:127775.
53. Zulfajri M, Dayalan S, Li WY, Chang CJ, Chang YP, Huang GG. Nitrogen-doped carbon dots from averrhoa carambola fruit extract as a fluorescent probe for methyl orange. Sensors 2019; 19:5008.
54. Vandarkuzhali SAA, Jeyalakshmi V, Sivaraman G, Singaravadivel S, Krishnamurthy KR, Viswanathan B. Highly fluorescent carbon dots from pseudo-stem of banana plant: Applications as nanosensor and bio-imaging agents. Sens Actuators B Chem 2017; 252:894-900.
55. Xue B, Yang Y, Sun Y, Fan J, Li X, Zhang Z. Photoluminescent lignin hybridized carbon quantum dots composites for bioimaging applications. Int J Biol Macromol 2019;122:954-961.
56. Liu Y, Chen Z, Li W, Ma C, Wu P, Wu X, et al. A nanocomposite probe consisting of carbon quantum dots and phosphotungstic acid for fluorometric determination of chromate (VI) with improved selectivity. Mikrochim Acta 2018; 185:470.
57. Fan Y, Wang X, Li J, Zhang L, Yang L,Gao P, et al. Kinetic study of the inhibition of ionic liquids on the trypsin activity. J Mol Liq 2018; 252: 392-398.
58. Ding Z, Li F, Wen J, Wang X, Sun R. Gram-scale synthesis of single-crystalline graphene quantum dots derived from lignin biomass. Green Chem 2018;20:1383-1390.
59. Chen W, Li D, Tian L, Xiang W, Wang T, Hu W, et al. Synthesis of graphene quantum dots from natural polymer starch for cell imaging. Green Chem 2018; 20:4438-4442.
60. Kamelnia E, Divsalar A, Darroudi M, Yaghmaei P, Sadri K. Production of new cellulose nanocrystals from Ferula gummosa and their use in medical applications via investigation of their biodistribution. Ind Crops Prod 2019;139:111538.
61. Revanth JS, Madhav VS, Sai YK, Krishna DV, Srividya K, Sumanth CM. TGA and DSC analysis of vinyl ester reinforced by Vetiveria zizanioides, jute and glass fiber. Mater Today Proc 2020;26:460-465.
62. Tai JY, Leong KH, Saravanan P, Sim LC. Bioinspired Synthesis of Carbon Dots/g-C3N4 Nanocomposites for Photocatalytic Application. E3S Web of Conferences 2018;65:05015.
63. Wei Y, Zhang D, Fang Y, Wang H, Liu Y, Xu Z, et al. Detection of ascorbic acid using green synthesized carbon quantum dots. J Sensors 2019 .
64. Arsalani N, Nezhad-Mokhtari P, Jabbari E. Microwave-assisted and one-step synthesis of PEG passivated fluorescent carbon dots from gelatin as an efficient nanocarrier for methotrexate delivery. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 2019; 47:540-547.
65. Martindale BC, Hutton GA, Caputo CA, Reisner E. Solar hydrogen production using carbon quantum dots and a molecular nickel catalyst. J Am Chem Soc 2015;137:6018-6025.
66. Chandra S, Pradhan S, Mitra S, Patra P, Bhattacharya A, Pramanik P, Goswami A. High throughput electron transfer from carbon dots to chloroplast: A rationale of enhanced photosynthesis. Nanoscale 2014;6:3647-3655.
67. Wu F, Su H, Wang K, WK Wong, X Zhu. Facile synthesis of N-rich carbon quantum dots from porphyrins as efficient probes for bioimaging and biosensing in living cells. Int J Nanomedicine 2017; 12:7375-7391.
68. Masha S, Oluwafemi OS. Synthesis of blue and green emitting carbon-based quantum dots (CBQDs) and their cell viability against colon and bladder cancer cell lines. Mater Lett 2021;283:128790.
69. Li B, Ma H, Zhang B, Qian J, Cao T, Feng H, et al. Dually emitting carbon dots as fluorescent probes for ratiometric fluorescent sensing of pH values, mercury(II), chloride and Cr(VI) via different mechanisms. Mikrochim Acta 2019; 186:341.
70. Yanqing W, Hongmei Zh, Jian C, Qiuhua Zh. Interaction of methotrexate with trypsin analyzed by spectroscopic and molecular modeling methods. J Mol Struct 2013; 1051:78-85.