1. Huda MN, Nafiujjaman M, Deaguero IG, Okonkwo J, Hill ML, Kim T, et al. Potential use of exosomes as diagnostic biomarkers and in targeted drug delivery: Progress in clinical and preclinical applications. ACS Biomater Sci Eng 2021; 7:2106-2149.
2. Smith VL, Cheng Y, Bryant BR, Schorey JS. Exosomes function in antigen presentation during an in vivo mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. Sci Rep 2017; 7:43578.
3. Chinnappan M, Srivastava A, Amreddy N, Razaq M, Pareek V, Ahmed R, et al. Exosomes as drug delivery vehicle and contributor of resistance to anticancer drugs. Cancer Lett 2020; 486:18-28.
4. Tan A, Rajadas J, Seifalian AM. Exosomes as nano-theranostic delivery platforms for gene therapy. Adv Drug Deliv Rev 2013; 65:357-367.
5. Fuhrmann G, Herrmann IK, Stevens MM. Cell-derived vesicles for drug therapy and diagnostics: opportunities and challenges. Nano Today 2015; 10:397-409.
6. Liao W, Du Y, Zhang C, Pan F, Yao Y, Zhang T, et al. Exosomes: the next generation of endogenous nanomaterials for advanced drug delivery and therapy. Acta Biomater 2019; 86:1-14.
7. Konala VB, Mamidi MK, Bhonde R, Das AK, Pochampally R, Pal R. The current landscape of the mesenchymal stromal cell secretome: a new paradigm for cell-free regeneration. Cytotherapy 2016; 18:13-24.
8. Sun D, Zhuang X, Grizzle W, Miller D, Zhang H-G. A novel nanoparticle drug delivery system: the anti-inflammatory activity of curcumin is enhanced when encapsulated in exosomes. Mol Ther 2011; 18:1606-1614.
9. Shah TG, Predescu D, Predescu S. Mesenchymal stem cells-derived extracellular vesicles in acute respiratory distress syndrome: a review of current literature and potential future treatment options. Clin Transl Med 2019; 8:25-26.
10. Kooijmans SAA, Fliervoet LAL, van der Meel R, Fens M, Heijnen HFG, van Bergen En Henegouwen PMP, et al. PEGylated and targeted extracellular vesicles display enhanced cell specificity and circulation time. J Control Release 2016; 224:77-85.
11. Pishavar E, Copus JS, Atala A, Lee SJ. Comparison study of stem cell-derived extracellular vesicles for enhanced osteogenic differentiation. Tissue Eng Part A 2021; 27:1044-1054.
12. Nie W, Wu G, Zhang J, Huang LL, Ding J, Jiang A, et al. Responsive exosome nano-bioconjugates for synergistic cancer therapy. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 2020; 59:2018-2022.
13. Wan S, Zhang L, Wang S, Liu Y, Wu C, Cui C, et al. Molecular recognition-based DNA nanoassemblies on the surfaces of nanosized exosomes. J Am Chem Soc 2017; 139:5289-5292.
14. Charbgoo F, Alibolandi M, Taghdisi SM, Abnous K, Soltani F, Ramezani M. MUC1 aptamer-targeted DNA micelles for dual tumor therapy using doxorubicin and KLA peptide. Nanomedicine 2018; 14:685-697.
15. Nabavinia MS, Gholoobi A, Charbgoo F, Nabavinia M, Ramezani M, Abnous K. Anti-MUC1 aptamer: a potential opportunity for cancer treatment. Med Res Rev 2017; 37:1518-1539.
16. Kang B-S, Choi J-S, Lee S-E, Lee J-K, Kim T-H, Jang WS, et al. Enhancing the in vitro anticancer activity of albendazole incorporated into chitosan-coated PLGA nanoparticles. Carbohydr Polym 2017; 159:39-47.
17. Alibolandi M, Abnous K, Anvari S, Mohammadi M, Ramezani M, Taghdisi SM. CD133-targeted delivery of self-assembled PEGylated carboxymethylcellulose-SN38 nanoparticles to colorectal cancer. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 2018; 46:1159-1169.
18. Einafshar E, Asl AH, Nia AH, Mohammadi M, Malekzadeh A, Ramezani M. New cyclodextrin-based nanocarriers for drug delivery and phototherapy using an irinotecan metabolite. Carbohydr Polym 2018; 194:103-110.
19. Bahreyni A, Alibolandi M, Ramezani M, Sarafan Sadeghi A, Abnous K, Taghdisi SM. A novel MUC1 aptamer-modified PLGA-epirubicin-PbetaAE-antimir-21 nanocomplex platform for targeted co-delivery of anticancer agents in vitro and in vivo. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 2019; 175:231-238.
20. Schneider S, Unger M, van Griensven M, Balmayor ER. Adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells from liposuction and resected fat are feasible sources for regenerative medicine. Eur J Med Res 2017; 22:17.
21. Mahboubeh Ebrahimian, Sanaz Shahgordi, Rezvan Yazdian-Robati, Leila Etemad, Maryam Hashemi, Zahra Salmasi. Targeted delivery of galbanic acid to colon cancer cells by PLGA nanoparticles incorporated into human mesenchymal stem cells. Avicenna J Phytomed 2022; 12:3-308.
22. Azimifar MA, Salmasi Z, Doosti A, Babaei N, Hashemi M. Evaluation of the efficiency of modified PAMAM dendrimer with low molecular weight protamine peptide to deliver IL‐12 plasmid into stem cells as cancer therapy vehicles. Biotechnol Prog 2021; 37:e3175.
23. Zidan AA, Al-Hawwas M, Perkins GB, Mourad GM, Stapledon CJM, Bobrovskaya L, et al. Characterization of urine stem cell-derived extracellular vesicles reveals B cell stimulating cargo. Int J Mol Sci 2021; 22:459.
24. Lee M, Ban J-J, Im W, Kim M. Influence of storage condition on exosome recovery. Biotechnol Bioproc E 2016; 21:299-304.
25. Shamili FH, Bayegi HR, Salmasi Z, Sadri K, Mahmoudi M, Kalantari M, et al. Exosomes derived from TRAIL-engineered mesenchymal stem cells with effective anti-tumor activity in a mouse melanoma model. Int J Pharm 2018; 549:218-229.
26. Zamani EP, Baharara J, Sahab NS, Nejad SK. Leukemia-derived exosomes induce migration and tumor initiating in astrocytes from human brain tissue. Int J Pediatr 2021; 9:14540-14548.
27. Bagrov D, Senkovenko A, Nikishin I, Skryabin G, Kopnin P, Tchevkina E, editors. Application of AFM, TEM, and NTA for characterization of exosomes produced by placenta-derived mesenchymal cells. J Phys Conf Ser; 2021: IOP Publishing.
28. Ebrahimian M, Hashemi M, Etemad L, Salmasi Z. Thymoquinone-loaded mesenchymal stem cell-derived exosome as an efficient nano-system against breast cancer cells. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2022; 25:6-731.
29. Shamili FH, Alibolandi M, Rafatpanah H, Abnous K, Mahmoudi M, Kalantari M, et al. Immunomodulatory properties of MSC-derived exosomes armed with high affinity aptamer toward mylein as a platform for reducing multiple sclerosis clinical score. J Control Release 2019; 299:149-164.
30. Hosseinzadeh H, Atyabi F, Varnamkhasti BS, Hosseinzadeh R, Ostad SN, Ghahremani MH, et al. SN38 conjugated hyaluronic acid gold nanoparticles as a novel system against metastatic colon cancer cells. Int J Pharm 2017; 526:339-352.
31. Hashemi M, Abnous K, Balarastaghi S, Hedayati N, Salmasi Z, Yazdian-Robati R. Mitoxantrone-loaded PLGA nanoparticles for increased sensitivity of glioblastoma cancer cell to TRAIL-induced apoptosis. Int J Pharm 2022; 17:207-214.
32. Fang YP, Chuang CH, Wu YJ, Lin HC, Lu YC. SN38-loaded <100 nm targeted liposomes for improving poor solubility and minimizing burst release and toxicity: In vitro and in vivo study. Int J Nanomedicine 2018; 13:2789-2802.
33. Sarkar N, Bose S. Liposome-encapsulated curcumin-loaded 3D printed scaffold for bone tissue engineering. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 2019; 11:17184-17192.
34. Bukchin A, Sanchez-Navarro M, Carrera A, Resa-Pares C, Castillo-Ecija H, Balaguer-Lluna L, et al. Amphiphilic polymeric nanoparticles modified with a protease-resistant peptide shuttle for the delivery of SN-38 in diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma. ACS Appl Nano Mater 2021; 4:1314-1329.
35. Cressey P, Amrahli M, So PW, Gedroyc W, Wright M, Thanou M. Image-guided thermosensitive liposomes for focused ultrasound enhanced co-delivery of carboplatin and SN-38 against triple negative breast cancer in mice. Biomaterials 2021; 271:120758.
36. Butreddy A, Kommineni N, Dudhipala N. Exosomes as naturally occurring vehicles for delivery of biopharmaceuticals: insights from drug delivery to clinical perspectives. Nanomaterials (Basel) 2021; 11:1481.
37. Antimisiaris SG, Mourtas S, Marazioti A. Exosomes and exosome-inspired vesicles for targeted drug delivery. Pharmaceutics 2018; 10:218-240.
38. Bagheri E, Abnous K, Farzad SA, Taghdisi SM, Ramezani M, Alibolandi M. Targeted doxorubicin-loaded mesenchymal stem cells-derived exosomes as a versatile platform for fighting against colorectal cancer. Life Sci 2020; 261:118369.
39. Hood JL, Scott MJ, Wickline SA. Maximizing exosome colloidal stability following electroporation. Anal Biochem 2014; 448:41-49.
40. Oskouie MN, Aghili Moghaddam NS, Butler AE, Zamani P, Sahebkar A. Therapeutic use of curcumin-encapsulated and curcumin-primed exosomes. J Cell Physiol 2019; 234:8182-8191.
41. Luan X, Sansanaphongpricha K, Myers I, Chen H, Yuan H, Sun D. Engineering exosomes as refined biological nanoplatforms for drug delivery. Acta Pharmacol Sin 2017; 38:754-763.
42. Kooijmans SAA, Stremersch S, Braeckmans K, de Smedt SC, Hendrix A, Wood MJA, et al. Electroporation-induced siRNA precipitation obscures the efficiency of siRNA loading into extracellular vesicles. J Control Release 2013; 172:229-238.
43. Haney MJ, Klyachko NL, Zhao Y, Gupta R, Plotnikova EG, He Z, et al. Exosomes as drug delivery vehicles for Parkinson’s disease therapy. J Control Release 2015; 207:18-30.
44. Wu Y, Deng W, Klinke II DJ. Exosomes: improved methods to characterize their morphology, RNA content, and surface protein biomarkers. Analyst 2015; 140:6631-6642.
45. Alibolandi M, Amel Farzad S, Mohammadi M, Abnous K, Taghdisi SM, Kalalinia F, et al. Tetrac-decorated chitosan-coated PLGA nanoparticles as a new platform for targeted delivery of SN38. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 2018; 46:1003-1014.