1. Réus GZ, Fries GR, Stertz L, Badawy M, IC Passos, Barichello T, et al. The role of inflammation and microglial activation in the pathophysiology of psychiatric disorders. Neurosci 2015; 300: 141-154.
2. Kerzare DR, Menghani SS, Khedekar PB. Synthesis, characterization, antidepressant activity and docking studies of some novel indole bearing azetidinone derivatives. Indian J Pharm Educ Res 2018; 52: 110-121.
3. Jupally VR, Eggadi V, Sheshagiri SB, Kulandaivelu U. Synthesis and evaluation of neuropharmacological profile of isatin-3-[N2-(2-benzalaminothiazol-4-yl)] hydrazones. Egypt Pharmaceut J 2015; 14: 130-138.
4. Khan FA, Maalik A. Advances in pharmacology of isatin and its derivatives: A review. Trop J Pharm Res. 2015; 14: 1937-1942.
5. Pakravan P, Kashanian S, Khodaei MM, Harding FJ. Biochemical and pharmacological characterization of isatin and its derivatives: from structure to activity. Pharmacol Rep 2013; 65: 313-335.
6. Shruthi N, Poojary B, Kumar V, Prathibha A, Hussain MM, Revanasiddappa BC, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of N-(substituted phenyl)-2-(5H-[1, 2, 4] triazino [5, 6-b] indol-3-ylsulfanyl) acetamides as antimicrobial, antidepressant, and anticonvulsant agents. Russ J Bioorganic Chem 2015; 41: 223-230.
7. Ramgalla A, Chandra S, Kumar PH, Ankam S. Synthesis and biological evaluation of isatin Derivatives. Int J Innov Pharm Sci Res 2015; 3: 1305-1318.
8. Zhen X, Peng Z, Zhao S, Han Y, Jin Q, Guan L. Synthesis, potential anticonvulsant and antidepressant effects of 2-(5-methyl-2, 3-dioxoindolin-1-yl) acetamide derivatives. Acta Pharm Sin B 2015; 5: 343-349.
9. Hassanzadeh F, Jafari E, Khayambashi N, Hajhashemi V. Synthesis and anti-inflammatory effects evaluation of 1, 3 substituted isatin derivatives. Thai J Pharm Sci. 2021; 45: 248-252.
10. Chandra PM, Venkateshwar J. Biological evaluation of schiff bases of new isatin derivatives for anti alzheimer’s activity. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2014; 7: 114-117.
11. Sridhar SK, Ramesh A. Synthesis and pharmacological activities of hydrazones, Schiff and Mannich bases of isatin derivatives. Biol Pharm Bull 2001; 24: 1149-1152.
12. Igosheva N, Lorz C, O’conner E, Glover V, Mehmet H. Isatin, an endogenous monoamine oxidase inhibitor, triggers a dose-and time-dependent switch from apoptosis to necrosis in human neuroblastoma cells. Neurochem Int 2005; 47: 216-224.
13. Pal M, Sharma NK, Priyanka P, Jha KK. Synthetic and biological multiplicity of isatin. Chem Inform 2011; 42: 35-44.
14. Diaz P, Xu J, Astruc-Diaz F, Pan HM, Brown DL, Naguib M. Design and synthesis of a novel series of N-alkyl isatinacylhydrazone derivatives that act as selective cannabinoid receptor 2 agonists for the treatment of neuropathic pain. J Med Chem 2008; 51: 4932-4947.
15. Medvedev A, Buneeva O, Gnedenko O, Ershov P, Ivanov A. Isatin, an endogenous nonpeptidebiofactor: A review of its molecular targets, mechanisms of actions, and their biomedical implications. BioFactors 2018; 44: 95-108.
16 . Minami, M, Hamaue, N, Hirafuji, M, Saito, H., Hiroshige, T., et al. Isatin, an endogenous MAO inhibitor, and a rat model of Parkinson’s disease induced by the Japanese encephalitis virus. J Neural Transm Suppl. 2006; 71:87–89.
17. Kumar S, Nair AS, Abdelgawad MA, Mathew B. Exploration of the Detailed Structure–Activity Relationships of Isatin and Their Isomers As Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors. ACS Omega 2022; 7: 16244-16259.
18. Xie C, Tang LM, Li FN, Guan LP, Pan CY, Wang SH. Structure-based design, synthesis, and anticonvulsant activity of isatin-1-N-phenylacetamide derivatives. Med Chem Res 2014; 23: 2161-2168.
19. Blanco MM, Dal Maso M, Shmidt MS, Perillo IA. Reaction of Isatin-1-acetamides with Alkoxides: Synthesis of Novel 1, 4-Dihydro-3-hydroxy-4-oxo-2-quinolinecarboxamides. Synthesis 2007; 6: 829-834.
20. Sharma PK, Balwani S, Mathur D, Malhotra S, Singh BK, Prasad AK, et al. Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity evaluation of novel triazolyl-isatin hybrids. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 2016; 31: 1520-1526.
21. Eldehna WM, Abo-Ashour MF, Nocentini A, El-Haggar RS, Bua S, Bonardi A, et al. Enhancement of the tail hydrophobic interactions within the carbonic anhydrase IX active site via structural extension: Design and synthesis of novel N-substituted isatins-SLC-0111 hybrids as carbonic anhydrase inhibitors and antitumor agents. Eur J Med Chem 2019; 162: 147-160.
22. Saidugari S, Rao L, Vidya K, Ram B, Balram B. Synthesis, characterization and antibacterial activity of (E)-4-((3-methyl-4-(methylsulfonyl) pyridin-2-yl) methoxy)-N’ (substitutedbenzylidene) benzohydrazide derivatives. Indian J Chem 2017; 56B: 177-182.
23. Yan X, Lv Z, Wen J, Zhao S, Xu Z. Synthesis and in vitro evaluation of novel substituted isatin-propylene-1H-1, 2, 3-triazole-4-methylene-moxifloxacin hybrids for their anti-mycobacterial activities. Eur J Med Chem 2018; 143: 899-904.
24. Njung’e K, Handley SL. Evaluation of marble-burying behavior as a model of anxiety. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 1991; 38: 63-67.
25. Mesripour A,Payandekhah F. The Noradrenergic System is Partly Involved in Resveratrol Antidepressant and Anti-Obsessive Like Effects in Mice Model. Res J Pharmacogn 2021;8: 67-75.
26. Hassanzadeh F, Jafari E, Zarabi M, Khodarahmi G, Vaseghi G. Synthesis, cytotoxic evaluation, and molecular docking studies of some new 1, 3, 4-oxadiazole-based compounds. Res Pharml Sci 2020; 15:454.
27. Mesripour A, Alhimma F, Hajhashemi V. The effect of vitamin B6 on dexamethasone-induced depression in mice model of despair. NutrNeurosci 2019; 22: 744-749.
28. Mesripour A, Meshkati A, Hajhashemi V. A Synbiotic Mixture Augmented the Efficacy of Doxepin, Venlafaxine, and Fluvoxamine in a Mouse Model of Depression. Turk J Pharm Sci 2020; 17: 293-298.
29. Yankelevitch-Yahav R, Franko M, Huly A, Doron R. The forced swim testas a model of depressive-like behavior. J Vis Exp 2015; 97: 52587.
30. Deussing JM. Animal models of depression. Drug Discov Today Dis Models 2006; 3: 375-383.