1. Wei J, Fang D. Endoplasmic reticulum stress signaling and the pathogenesis of hepatocarcinoma. Int J Mol Sci 2021; 22: 1799.
2. Doultsinos D, Avril T, Lhomond S, Dejeans N, Guédat P, Chevet E. Control of the unfolded protein response in health and disease. SLAS Discov 2017; 22: 787-800.
3. Moslehi A, Nabavizadeh F, Zekri A, Amiri F. Naltrexone changes the expression of lipid metabolism‐related proteins in the endoplasmic reticulum stress induced hepatic steatosis in mice. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 2017;44: 207-212.
4. Ghemrawi R, Khair M. Endoplasmic reticulum stress and unfolded protein response in neurodegenerative diseases. International journal of molecular sciences. 2020; 21: 6127-6152.
5. Rahmati M, Amanpour S, Kharman-Biz A, Moosavi MA. Endoplasmic reticulum stress as a therapeutic target in cancer: A mini review. Basic Clin Res 2017; 9: 38-48.
6. Hasnain SZ, Lourie R, Das I, Chen ACH, McGuckin MA. The interplay between endoplasmic reticulum stress and inflammation. Immunol Cell Biol 2012; 90: 260-270.
7. Moslehi A, Hamidi-Zad Z. Role of SREBPs in liver diseases: A mini-review. J Clin Transl Hepatol 2018; 6: 332–338.
8. Lai E, Teodoro T, Volchuk A. Endoplasmic reticulum stress: signaling the unfolded protein response. Physiol. J 2007; 22: 193-201.
9. Szegezdi E, Logue SE, Gorman AM, Samali A. Mediators of endoplasmic reticulum stress‐induced apoptosis. EMBO Rep 2006; 7: 880-885.
10. Srivastava SK, Arora S, Averett C, Singh S, Singh AP. Modulation of microRNAs by phytochemicals in cancer: Underlying mechanisms and translational significance. Biomed Res Int 2015; 2015:848710.
11. Liang N, Kitts DD. Role of chlorogenic acids in controlling oxidative and inflammatory stress conditions. Nutrients 2016;8:16- 37.
12. Santana-Gálvez J, Cisneros-Zevallos L, Jacobo-Velázquez DA. Chlorogenic acid: Recent advances on its dual role as a food additive and a nutraceutical against metabolic syndrome. Molecules 2017; 22: 358.
13. Niggeweg R, Michael AJ, Martin C. Engineering plants with increased levels of the anti-oxidant chlorogenic acid. Nat Biotechnol 2004; 22: 746-754.
14. Luo H-J, Wang J-Z, Chen J-F, Zou K. Docking study on chlorogenic acid as a potential H5N1 influenza A virus neuraminidase inhibitor. Med Chem Res 2011; 20: 554-557.
15. Vereshchagina Y, Bulgakov V, Grigorchuk V, Rybin V, Veremeichik G, Tchernoded G, et al. The rolC gene increases caffeoylquinic acid production in transformed artichoke cells. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 2014; 98: 7773-7780.
16. Karunanidhi A, Thomas R, Van Belkum A, Neela V. In vitro antibacterial and antibiofilm activities of chlorogenic acid against clinical isolates of Stenotrophomonas maltophilia including the trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole resistant strain. Biomed Res Int 2013;2013:392058-39065.
17. Zhao M, Wang H, Yang B, Tao H. Identification of cyclodextrin inclusion complex of chlorogenic acid and its antimicrobial activity. Food Chem 2010; 120: 1138-1142.
18. Li G, Wang X, Xu Y, Zhang B, Xia X. Antimicrobial effect and mode of action of chlorogenic acid on Staphylococcus aureus. Eur Food Res Technol 2014; 238: 589-596.
19. Bhattacharyya S, Majhi S, Saha BP, Mukherjee PK. Chlorogenic acid–phospholipid complex improve protection against UVA induced oxidative stress. J Photochem Photobiol B, Biol 2014; 130: 293-298.
20. Meng S, Cao J, Feng Q, Peng J, Hu Y. Roles of chlorogenic acid on regulating glucose and lipids metabolism: A review. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013;2013:801457-801468.
21. Liu YJ, Zhou CY, Qiu CH, Lu XM, Wang YT. Chlorogenic acid induced apoptosis and inhibition of proliferation in human acute promyelocytic leukemia HL‑60 cells. Mol Med Rep 2013; 8: 1106-1110.
22. Dhingra D, Gahalain N. Reversal of reserpine-induced orofacial dyskinesia by chlorogenic acid in rats. Pharmacology 2016; 7: 272-277.
23. Zhao Y, Wang J, Ballevre O, Luo H, Zhang W. Antihypertensive effects and mechanisms of chlorogenic acids. Hypertens Res 2012;35:370-374.
24. Komeili-Movahhed T, Bassirian M, Changizi Z, Moslehi A. SIRT1/NFκB pathway mediates anti-inflammatory and anti-apoptotic effects of rosmarinic acid on in a mouse model of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). J Recept Signal Transduct Res 2021:1-10.
25. Ma Y, Gao M, Liu D. Chlorogenic acid improves high fat diet-induced hepatic steatosis and insulin resistance in mice. Pharm Res 2015; 32: 1200-1209.
26. Nikoukar L, Nabavizadeh F, Mohamadi S, Moslehi A, Hassanzadeh G, Nahrevanian H, et al. Protective effect of ghrelin in a rat model of celiac disease. ung. Acta Physiol 2014; 101: 438-447.
27. Aslan M, Kıraç E, Yılmaz Ö, Ünal B, Konuk E, Özcan F, et al. Effect of tauroursodeoxycholic acid on PUFA levels and inflammation in an animal and cell model of hepatic endoplasmic reticulum stress. Hum Exp Toxicol 2018; 37: 803-16.
28. Wan CW, Wong CNY, Pin WK, Wong MHY, Kwok CY, Chan RYK, et al. Chlorogenic acid exhibits cholesterol lowering and fatty liver attenuating properties by up‐regulating the gene expression of PPAR‐α in hypercholesterolemic rats induced with a high‐cholesterol diet. Phytother Res 2013; 27: 545-551.
29. Lee J-S, Zheng Z, Mendez R, Ha S-W, Xie Y, Zhang K. Pharmacologic ER stress induces non-alcoholic steatohepatitis in an animal model. Toxicol Lett 2012; 211: 29-38.
30. Bancroft J. Layton C. Suvarna K, Layton C, Bancroft JD The hematoxylin and eosin, connective and mesenchymal tissues with their stains Bancroft’s theory and practice of histological techniques, 7st ed. Churchill Livingstone 2013.p.173-212.
31. Kleiner DE, Makhlouf HR. Histology of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in adults and children. Clin Liver Dis 2016; 20: 293-312.
32. Chen P, Chen F, Zhou B. Anti-oxidative, anti-inflammatory and anti-apoptotic effects of ellagic acid in liver and brain of rats treated by D-galactose. Sci Rep 2018; 8: 1-10.
33. Guha P, Kaptan E, Gade P, Kalvakolanu DV, Ahmed H. Tunicamycin induced endoplasmic reticulum stress promotes apoptosis of prostate cancer cells by activating mTORC1. Oncotarget 2017; 8: 68191.
34. Kim SH, Seo H, Kwon D, Yuk DY, Jung Y-S. Taurine ameliorates tunicamycin-induced liver injury by disrupting the vicious cycle between oxidative stress and endoplasmic reticulum stress. Life 2022; 12: 354.
35. Aslan M, Elpek Ö, Akkaya B, Balaban HT, Afşar E. Organ function, sphingolipid levels and inflammation in tunicamycin induced endoplasmic reticulum stress in male rats. Hum Exp Toxicol 2021; 40: 259-273.
36. Zhang S, Sun B, Wang D, Liu Y, Li J, Qi J, et al. Chlorogenic acid ameliorates damage induced by fluorene-9-bisphenol in porcine sertoli cells. Front Pharmacol 2021; 12: 678772.
37. Zhang Y, Miao L, Zhang H, Wu G, Zhang Z, Lv J. Chlorogenic acid against palmitic acid in endoplasmic reticulum stress-mediated apoptosis resulting in protective effect of primary rat hepatocytes. Lipids 2018; 17: 1-8.
38. Du W-Y, Chang C, Zhang Y, Liu Y-Y, Sun K, Wang C-S, et al. High-dose chlorogenic acid induces inflammation reactions and oxidative stress injury in rats without implication of mast cell degranulation. J Ethnopharmacol 2013; 147: 74-83.
39. Moslehi A, Nabavizadeh F, Dehpou A, Tavanga S, Hassanzadeh G, Zekri A, et al. Naltrexone attenuates endoplasmic reticulum stress induced hepatic injury in mice. Hung Acta Physiol 2014; 101: 341-352.
40. Shi J, Chang X, Zou H, Gu J, Yuan Y, Liu X, et al. Protective effects of α-lipoic acid and chlorogenic acid on cadmium-induced liver injury in three-yellow chickens. J Anim 2021; 11: 1606.
41. Yun N, Kang J-W, Lee S-M. Protective effects of chlorogenic acid against ischemia/reperfusion injury in rat liver: Molecular evidence of its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. J Nutr Biochem 2012; 23: 1249-1255.
42. Kern L, Mittenbühler MJ, Vesting AJ, Ostermann AL, Wunderlich CM, Wunderlich FT. Obesity-induced TNFα and IL-6 signaling: the missing link between obesity and inflammation—driven liver and colorectal cancers. Cancers (Basel) 2019; 11: 24-45.
43. Dandekar A, Mendez R, Zhang K. Cross talk between ER stress, oxidative stress, and inflammation in health and disease. Stress Res 2015: 205-214.
44. Shi A, Li T, Zheng Y, Song Y, Wang H, Wang N, et al. Chlorogenic acid improves NAFLD by regulating gut microbiota and GLP-1. Front Pharmacol 2021; 12: 693048-693057.
45. Bao L, Li J, Zha D, Zhang L, Gao P, Yao T, et al. Chlorogenic acid prevents diabetic nephropathy by inhibiting oxidative stress and inflammation through modulation of the Nrf2/HO-1 and NF-ĸB pathways. Int. Immunopharmacol 2018; 54: 245-253.
46. Zeng A, Liang X, Zhu S, Liu C, Wang S, Zhang Q, et al. Chlorogenic acid induces apoptosis, inhibits metastasis and improves antitumor immunity in breast cancer via the NF‑κB signaling pathway. Oncol Rep 2021; 45: 717-727.
47. Ajoolabady A, Kaplowitz N, Lebeaupin C, Kroemer G, Kaufman RJ, Malhi H, et al. Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Liver Diseases. J Hepatol 2022; 77:619-639.
48. Maiers JL, Malhi H, editors. Endoplasmic reticulum stress in metabolic liver diseases and hepatic fibrosis. Seminars in liver disease 2019: Thieme Medical Publishers.
49. Wang Y-C, Dong J, Nie J, Zhu J-X, Wang H, Chen Q, et al. Amelioration of bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis by chlorogenic acid through endoplasmic reticulum stress inhibition. Apoptosis 2017; 22: 1147-1156.
50. Al-Rasheed NM, Fadda LM, Al-Rasheed NM, Ali HM, Yacoub HI. Down-regulation of NFKB, Bax, TGF-β, Smad-2mRNA expression in the livers of carbon tetrachloride treated rats using different natural anti-oxidants. Braz Arch Biol Technol 2016; 59:1-10.
51. Changizi Z, Moslehi A, Rohani AH, Eidi A. Chlorogenic acid induces 4T1 breast cancer tumor’s apoptosis via p53, Bax, Bcl‐2, and caspase‐3 signaling pathways in BALB/c mice. J Biochem Mol Toxicol 2021; 35: e22642.
52. Yamagata K, Izawa Y, Onodera D, Tagami M. Chlorogenic acid regulates apoptosis and stem cell marker-related gene expression in A549 human lung cancer cells. Mol Cell Biochem 2018; 441: 9-19.
53. Xue N, Zhou Q, Ji M, Jin J, Lai F, Chen J, et al. Chlorogenic acid inhibits glioblastoma growth through repolarizating macrophage from M2 to M1 phenotype. Sci Rep 2017; 7: 1-11.
54. J Deka S, Gorai S, Manna D, Trivedi V. Evidence of PKC binding and translocation to explain the anticancer mechanism of chlorogenic acid in breast cancer cells. Curr Mol Med 2017; 17: 79-89.