1. Osei Akoto C, Acheampong A, Boakye YD, Naazo AA, Adomah DH. Anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and anthelmintic activities of Ocimum basilicum (Sweet Basil) fruits. J Chem 2020;2020: 1-9.
2. Boskabady MH, Alitaneh S, Alavinezhad A. Carum copticum L.: A herbal medicine with various pharmacological effects. BioMed Res Int 2014;2014: 1-11.
3. Boskabadi J, Saadat S, Boskabady MH. The relaxant effect of plantago major on rat tracheal smooth muscles and its possible mechanisms. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 20201;19: 386-396.
4. Kunwar RM, Mahat L, Acharya RP, Bussmann RW. Medicinal plants, traditional medicine, markets and management in far-west Nepal. J Ethnobiol Ethnomed 2013;9: 1-10.
5. Kumar S, Bajwa B, Kuldeep S, Kalia A. Anti-inflammatory activity of herbal plants: A review. Int J Adv Pharm Biol Chem 2013;2: 272-281.
6. Rokaya MB, Münzbergová Z, Timsina B. Ethnobotanical study of medicinal plants from the Humla district of western Nepal. J Ethnopharmacol 2010;130: 485-504.
7. Boskabady MH, Keyhanmanesh R, Khamneh S, Ebrahimi MA. The effect of Nigella sativa extract on tracheal responsiveness and lung inflammation in ovalbumin-sensitized guinea pigs. Clinics. 2011;66: 879-887.
8. Shakeri F, Boskabady MH. A review of the relaxant effect of various medicinal plants on tracheal smooth muscle, their possible mechanism (s) and potency. J Ethnopharmacol 2015;175: 528-548.
9. Eftekhar N, Moghimi A, Roshan NM, Saadat S, Boskabady MH. Immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory effects of hydro-ethanolic extract of Ocimum basilicum leaves and its effect on lung pathological changes in an ovalbumin-induced rat model of asthma. BMC Complement Alternat Med 2019;19: 1-11.
10. Shakeri F, Hosseini M, Ghorbani A. Neuropharmacological effects of Ocimum basilicum and its constituents. Physiol Pharmacol 2019;23: 70-81.
11. Hozayen WG, El-Desouky MA, Soliman HA, Ahmed RR, Khaliefa AK. Anti-osteoporotic effect of Petroselinum crispum, Ocimum basilicum and Cichorium intybus L. in glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis in rats. BMC Complement Alternat Med 2016;16: 1-11.
12. Srivastava S, Cahill DM, Conlan XA, Adholeya A. A novel in vitro whole plant system for analysis of polyphenolics and their anti-oxidant potential in cultivars of Ocimum basilicum. J Agric Food Chem 2014;62: 10064-10075.
13. Al Abbasy DW, Pathare N, Al-Sabahi JN, Khan SA. Chemical composition and antibacterial activity of essential oil isolated from Omani basil (Ocimum basilicum Linn.). Asian Pacific J Trop Dis 2015;5: 645-649.
14. da Silva Moura EdS, D’Antonino Faroni LR, Fernandes Heleno FF, Aparecida Zinato Rodrigues AAZ, Figueiredo Prates LH, Lopes Ribeiro de Queiroz ME. Optimal extraction of Ocimum basilicum essential oil by association of ultrasound and hydrodistillation and its potential as a biopesticide against a major stored grains pest. Mol 2020;25: 1-16.
15. Purushothaman B, Prasanna Srinivasan R, Suganthi P, Ranganathan B, Gimbun J, Shanmugam K. A comprehensive review on Ocimum basilicum. J Nat Remed 2018;18: 71-85.
16. Pirtarighat S, Ghannadnia M, Baghshahi S. Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using Ocimum basilicum cultured under controlled conditions for bactericidal application. Materials Science and Engineering: C 2019;98: 250-255.
17. Yahfoufi N, Alsadi N, Jambi M, Matar C. The immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory role of polyphenols. Nutrients 2018;10: 1-23.
18. Verma RS, Padalia RC, Chauhan A, Thul ST. Exploring compositional diversity in the essential oils of 34 Ocimum taxa from Indian flora. Industrial Crops Products 2013;45: 7-19.
19. Padalia RC, Verma RS, Chauhan A. Analyses of organ specific variations in essential oils of four Ocimum species. J Essential Oil Res 2014;26: 409-419.
20. Radulović NS, Blagojević PD, Miltojević AB. α‐Linalool–a marker compound of forged/synthetic sweet basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) essential oils. J Sci Food Agric 2013;93: 3292-3303.
21. Fitsiou E, Mitropoulou G, Spyridopoulou K, Tiptiri-Kourpeti A, Vamvakias M, Bardouki H, et al. Phytochemical profile and evaluation of the biological activities of essential oils derived from the Greek aromatic plant species Ocimum basilicum, mentha spicata, pimpinella anisum and fortunella margarita. Mol 2016;21: 1069.
22. Zamfirache M-M, Padurariu C, Burzo I, Olteanu Z, Boz I, Lamban C. Research regarding the chemical composition of the volatile oil of some taxa belonging to the genus Ocimum. Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii” Al I Cuza” din Iasi 2011;57: 31.
23. Tsimogiannis D, Oreopoulou V. Classification of phenolic compounds in plants. Polyphenols in plants: Elsevier; 2019: 263-284.
24. Tsao R. Chemistry and biochemistry of dietary polyphenols. Nutrients 2010;2: 1231-1246.
25. Sahin H, Turumtay EA, Yildiz O, Kolayli S. Grayanotoxin-III detection and anti-oxidant activity of mad honey. Int J Food Properties 2015;18: 2665-2674.
26. Daniel V, Daniang I, Nimyel N. Phytochemical analysis and mineral elements composition of Ocimum basilicum obtained in JOS METROPOLIS, Plateau state Nigeria. IJET-IJENS 2011;11: 161-165.
27. Khare CP. Indian medicinal plants: an illustrated dictionary: Springer Science & Business Media; 2008.
28. Bihari CG, Behera M, Kumar JP, Kumar TS. Pharmacognostical and phytochemical investigation of various tulsi plants available in south eastern Odisha. Int J Res Pharm Biomed Sci 2011;2: 605-610.
29. Razavi SM, Mortazavi SA, Matia‐Merino L, Hosseini‐Parvar SH, Motamedzadegan A, Khanipour E. Optimisation study of gum extraction from Basil seeds (Ocimum basilicum L.). Int J Food Sci Technol 2009;44: 1755-1762.
30. Shakeri F, Eftekhar N, Roshan NM, Rezaee R, Moghimi A, Boskabady M. Rosmarinic acid affects immunological and inflammatory mediator levels and restores lung pathological features in asthmatic rats. Allergologia et Immunopathol 2019;47: 16-23.
31. Boskabady MH, Jalali S. Effect of carvacrol on tracheal responsiveness, inflammatory mediators, total and differential WBC count in blood of sensitized guinea pigs. Exp Biol Med 2013;238: 200-208.
32. Rodrigues LB, Martins AOBPB, Ribeiro-Filho J, Cesário FRAS, e Castro FF, de Albuquerque TR, et al. Anti-inflammatory activity of the essential oil obtained from Ocimum basilicum complexed with β-cyclodextrin (β-CD) in mice. Food Chem Toxicol 2017;109: 836-846.
33. Złotek U, Szymanowska U, Karaś M, Świeca M. Anti-oxidative and anti‐inflammatory potential of phenolics from purple basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) leaves induced by jasmonic, arachidonic and β‐aminobutyric acid elicitation. Int J Food Sci Technol 2016;51: 163-170.
34. Bae AH, Kim G, Seol GH, Lee SB, Lee JM, Chang W, et al. Delta-and mu-opioid pathways are involved in the analgesic effect of Ocimum basilicum L in mice. J Ethnopharmacol 2020;250: 112471.
35. Takeuchi H, Takahashi-Muto C, Nagase M, Kassai M, Tanaka-Yachi R, Kiyose C. Anti-inflammatory effects of extracts of sweet basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) on a co-culture of 3T3-L1 Adipocytes and RAW264. 7 macrophages. J Oleo Sci 2020: 19321.
36. Eftekhar N, Moghimi A, Hossein Boskabady M, Kaveh M, Shakeri F. Ocimum basilicum affects tracheal responsiveness, lung inflammatory cells and oxidant–anti-oxidant biomarkers in sensitized rats. Drug Chem Toxicol 2019;42: 286-294.
37. Rodrigues LB, Martins AOBPB, Cesário FRAS, e Castro FF, de Albuquerque TR, Fernandes MNM, et al. Anti-inflammatory and antiedematogenic activity of the Ocimum basilicum essential oil and its main compound estragole: In vivo mouse models. Chemico-biol Interact 2016;257: 14-25.
38. Selvakkumar C, Gayathri B, Vinaykumar KS, Lakshmi BS, Balakrishnan A. Potential anti-inflammatory properties of crude alcoholic extract of Ocimum basilicum L. in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. J Health Sci 2007;53: 500-505.
39. Wibisono PAP. Utilization of basil leaves (Ocimum basilicum) and avocado leaves (persea americana mill) as anti-inflammatory gel and antibiotics in myasis disease. Khazanah: Jurnal Mahasiswa 2021;12.
40. Saeidi F, Sajjadi SE, Minaiyan M. Antiinflammatory effect of Ocimum basilicum Linn. seeds hydroalcoholic extract and mucilage on acetic acid-induced colitis in rats. J Rep Pharm Sci 2018;7: 295-305.
41. Li H, Ge Y, Luo Z, Zhou Y, Zhang X, Zhang J, et al. Evaluation of the chemical composition, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of distillate and residue fractions of sweet basil essential oil. J Food Sci Technol 2017;54: 1882-1890.
42. Ingram S, Diotallevi M. Reactive oxygen species: Rapid fire in inflammation. Biochem 2017;39: 30-33.
43. Güez CM, Souza ROd, Fischer P, Leão MFdM, Duarte JA, Boligon AA, et al. Evaluation of basil extract (Ocimum basilicum L.) on oxidative, anti-genotoxic and anti-inflammatory effects in human leukocytes cell cultures exposed to challenging agents. Brazil J Pharm Sci 2017;53.
44. Shakeri F, Boskabady MH. Anti‐inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and immunomodulatory effects of curcumin in ovalbumin‐sensitized rat. BioFactors 2017;43: 567-576.
45. Ahmed AF, Attia FA, Liu Z, Li C, Wei J, Kang W. Anti-oxidant activity and total phenolic content of essential oils and extracts of Sweet basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) plants. Food Science and Human Wellness 2019;8: 299-305.
46. Mohebbati R, Hosseini M, Haghshenas M, Nazariborun A, Beheshti F. Th eeffects of Nigella sativa extract on renal tissue oxidative damage during neonatal and juvenile growth in propylthiouracil-induced hypothyroid rats. Endocr Regul 2017;51: 105-113.
47. Yadav RD, Jain S, Alok S, Mahor A, Bharti JP, Jaiswal M. Herbal plants used in the treatment of urolithiasis: A review. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2011;2: 1412.
48. Parhizgar S, Hosseinian S, Hadjzadeh MAR, Soukhtanloo M, Ebrahimzadeh A, Mohebbati R, et al. Renoprotective effect of Plantago major against nephrotoxicity and oxidative stress induced by cisplatin. Iran J Kidney Dis 2016;10: 182-188.
49. Mohebbati R, Khazdair MR, Hedayati M. Neuroprotective effects of medicinal plants and their constituents on different induced neurotoxicity methods: A. J Rep Pharm Sci 2017;6: 34-50.
50. Khazdair MR, Mohebbati R, Karimi S, Abbasnezhad A, Haghshenas M. The protective effects of Curcuma longa extract on oxidative stress markers in the liver induced by Adriamycin in rats. Physiol Pharmacol 2016;20: 31-37.
51. Tewari D, Pandey HK, Sah AN, Meena H, Chander V, Singh R, et al. Phytochemical, anti-oxidant and antidepressant evaluation of Ocimum basilicum, O. tenuiflorum, O. kilimandscharicum grown in India. J Biol Active Products Nat 2015;5: 120-131.
52. Alkadi H. Ocimum basilicum: A candidate plant against aflatoxins production with anti-oxidant activity. J Mater Environ Sci 2021;12: 707-714 2021.
53. Chai PW. Antibacterial and anti-oxidant activities of Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Zeylanicum), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale) and Sweet Basil (Ocimum basilicum) Essential Oils. 2021.
54. Othman MS, Khaled AM, Al-Bagawi AH, Fareid MA, Ghany RA, Habotta OA, et al. Hepatorenal protective efficacy of flavonoids from Ocimum basilicum extract in diabetic albino rats: A focus on hypoglycemic, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-apoptotic activities. Biomed Pharmacother 2021;144: 112287.
55. Nguyen VT, Nguyen NQ, Thi NQN, Thi CQN, Truc TT, Nghi PTB, editors. Studies on chemical, polyphenol content, flavonoid content, and anti-oxidant activity of sweet basil leaves (Ocimum basilicum L.)2021: IOP Publishing.
56. Eftekhar N, Moghimi A, Boskabady MH. The effects of Ocimum basilicum extract and its constituent, rosmarinic acid on total and differential blood WBC, serum levels of NO, MDA, thiol, SOD, and CAT in ovalbumin sensitized rats. Iran J Pharm Res 2018;17: 1371.
57. Bravo E, Amrani S, Aziz M, Harnafi H, Napolitano M. Ocimum basilicum ethanolic extract decreases cholesterol synthesis and lipid accumulation in human macrophages. Fitoterapia 2008;79: 515-523.
58. Khaki A, Khaki AA, Ezzatzadeh A, Hamidreza A. Effect of Ocimum basilicum on ovary tissue histopathology after exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMF) in rats. African J Pharm Pharmacol 2013;7: 1703-1706.
59. Kaurinovic B, Popovic M, Vlaisavljevic S, Trivic S. Anti-oxidant capacity of Ocimum basilicum L. and Origanum vulgare L. extracts. Mol 2011;16: 7401-7414.
60. James O, Eniola OJ, Nnacheta O. Comparative evaluation of anti-oxidant capacity and cytotoxicity of two Nigerian Ocimum species. Am J Plant Sci 2008;4: 221-229.
61. Teofilović B, Tomas A, Martić N, Stilinović N, Popović M, Čapo I, et al. Anti-oxidant and hepatoprotective potential of sweet basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) extract in acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity in rats. J Funct Foods 2021;87: 104783.
62. Soliman A, Rizk M, Shalaby M, Elkomy A. Mechanisms of hepato-renal protective activity of Ocimum basilicum leaf extract against paracetamol toxicity in rat model. Adv Anim Vet Sci 2020;8: 385-391.
63. Fokou JBH, Pierre NJ, Gisele EL, Christian NC, Michel JDP, Laza IM, et al. In vitro anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory potential of the optimized combinations of essential oils from three cameroon grew Ocimum L. J Pharm Pharmacol 2020;8: 207-219.
64. Hussain AI, Anwar F, Sherazi STH, Przybylski R. Chemical composition, anti-oxidant and antimicrobial activities of basil (Ocimum basilicum) essential oils depends on seasonal variations. Food Chem 2008;108: 986-995.
65. Ahmed AS, Fanokh AKM, Mahdi MA. Phytochemical identification and anti-oxidant study of essential oil constituents of ocimum basilicum l. Growing in Iraq. Pharmacog J 2019;11.
66. Mohamed FH, Abd Elaziz NY. Impact of Ocimum basilicum leaves powder on immune response of chicken vaccinated against Newcastle Disease Virus. Egyptian J Agric Res 2020;98: 270-287.
67. Rashidian A, Roohi P, Mehrzadi S, Ghannadi AR, Minaiyan M. Protective effect of Ocimum basilicum essential oil against acetic acid–induced colitis in rats. J Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2016;21: 36-42.
68. Amrani S, Harnafi H, Gadi D, Mekhfi H, Legssyer A, Aziz M, et al. Vasorelaxant and anti-platelet aggregation effects of aqueous Ocimum basilicum extract. J Ethnopharmacol 2009;125: 157-162.
69. Miraj S, Kiani S. Study of pharmacological effect of Ocimum basilicum: A review. Der Pharmacia Lett 2016;8: 276-280.
70. Srivastava S, Adholeya A, Conlan XA, Cahill DM. Acidic potassium permanganate chemiluminescence for the determination of anti-oxidant potential in three cultivars of Ocimum basilicum. Plant Foods Human Nutr 2016;71: 72-80.
71. Tavafi M, Ahmadvand H. Effect of rosmarinic acid on inhibition of gentamicin induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Tissue Cell 2011;43: 392-397.
72. Lee S-J, Umano K, Shibamoto T, Lee K-G. Identification of volatile components in basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) and thyme leaves (Thymus vulgaris L.) and their anti-oxidant properties. Food Chem 2005;91: 131-137.
73. Feng X, Xu W, Li Z, Song W, Ding J, Chen X. Immunomodulatory nanosystems. Adv Sci 2019;6: 1900101.
74. Keyhanmanesh R, Boskabady MH, Eslamizadeh MJ, Khamneh S, Ebrahimi MA. The effect of thymoquinone, the main constituent of Nigella sativa on tracheal responsiveness and white blood cell count in lung lavage of sensitized guinea pigs. Planta Medica 2010;76: 218-222.
75. Athari SS, Athari SM, Beyzay F, Movassaghi M, Mortaz E, Taghavi M. Critical role of Toll-like receptors in pathophysiology of allergic asthma. Eur J Pharmacol 2017;808: 21-27.
76. Boskabady MH, Keyhanmanesh R, Khamneh S, Ebrahimi MA. The effect of Nigella sativa extract on tracheal responsiveness and lung inflammation in ovalbumin-sensitized guinea pigs. Clinics 2011;66: 879-887.
77. Boskabady MH, Jalali S, Yahyazadeh N, Boskabady M. Carvacrol attenuates serum levels of total protein, phospholipase A2 and histamine in asthmatic guinea pig. Avicenna J Phytomed 2016;6: 636.
78. Shifren A, Witt C, Christie C, Castro M. Mechanisms of remodeling in asthmatic airways. J Allergy 2012;2012: 1-12.
79. Rapinski M, Liu R, Saleem A, Arnason JT, Cuerrier A. Environmental trends in the variation of biologically active phenolic compounds in Labrador tea, Rhododendron groenlandicum, from northern Quebec, Canada. Botany 2014;92: 783-794.
80. Eftekhar N, Moghimi A, Roshan NM, Saadat S, Boskabady MH. Immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory effects of hydro-ethanolic extract of Ocimum basilicum leaves and its effect on lung pathological changes in an ovalbumin-induced rat model of asthma. BMC Complement Alternat Med 2019;19: 1-11.
81. Okazaki K, Nakayama S, Kawazoe K, Takaishi Y. Antiaggregant effects on human platelets of culinary herbs. Phytother Res 1998;12: 603-605.
82. Yamasaki K, Nakano M, Kawahata T, Mori H, Otake t, Ueda n, et al. Anti-HIV-1 activity of herbs in Labiatae. Biol Pharm Bull 1998;21: 829-833.
83. Alavinezhad A, Boskabady MH. Antiinflammatory, anti-oxidant, and immunological effects of Carum copticum L. and some of its constituents. Phytother Res 2014;28: 1739-1748.
84. El-Ashram A, Afifi A, Sakr SF. Effect of basil oil (Ocimum basilicum) on nonspecific immune response of Nile-tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus). Egyptian J Aquaculture 2017;7: 15-31.
85. Tsai K, Lin B, Perng D, Wei J, Yu Y, Cherng J-M. Immunomodulatory effects of aqueous extract of Ocimum basilicum (Linn.) and some of its constituents on human immune cells. J Med Plants Res 2011;5: 1873-1883.
86. Gomez-Flores R, Verastegui-Rodriguez L, Quintanilla-Licea R, Tamez-Guerra P, Tamez-Guerra R, Rodriguez-Padilla C. In vitro rat lymphocyte proliferation induced by Ocinum basilicum, persea americana, plantago virginica, and Rosa spp. extracts. J Med Plants Res 2008;2: 005-010.
87. Renzulli C, Galvano F, Pierdomenico L, Speroni E, Guerra M. Effects of rosmarinic acid against aﬂatoxin B1 and ochratoxin‐A‐induced cell damage in a human hepatoma cell line (Hep G2). J Appl Toxicol: Int J 2004;24: 289-296.
88. Dashputre NL, Naikwade NS. Preliminary immunomodulatory activity of aqueous and ethanolic leaves extracts of Ocimum basilicum Linn in mice. Int J PharmTech Res 2010;2: 1342-1349.
89. Kathirvel P, Ravi S. Chemical composition of the essential oil from basil (Ocimum basilicum Linn.) and its in vitro cytotoxicity against HeLa and HEp-2 human cancer cell lines and NIH 3T3 mouse embryonic fibroblasts. Nat Product Res 2012;26: 1112-1118.
90. Stanojevic LP, Marjanovic-Balaban ZR, Kalaba VD, Stanojevic JS, Cvetkovic DJ, Cakic MD. Chemical composition, anti-oxidant and antimicrobial activity of basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) essential oil. J Essential Oil Bearing Plants 2017;20: 1557-1569.
91. Rezzoug M, Bakchiche B, Gherib A, Roberta A, Kilinçarslan Ö, Mammadov R, et al. Chemical composition and bioactivity of essential oils and Ethanolic extracts of Ocimum basilicum L. and Thymus algeriensis Boiss. & Reut. from the Algerian Saharan Atlas. BMC Complement Alternat Med 2019;19: 146.
92. Kavoosi G, Amirghofran Z. Chemical composition, radical scavenging and anti-oxidant capacity of Ocimum basilicum essential oil. J Essential oil Res 2017;29: 189-199.
93. Kumar A, Shukla R, Singh P, Prakash B, Dubey NK. Chemical composition of Ocimum basilicum L. essential oil and its efficacy as a preservative against fungal and aflatoxin contamination of dry fruits. Int J Food Sci Technol 2011;46: 1840-1846.
94. Tran TH, Nguyen HHH, Nguyen DC, Nguyen TQ, Tan H, Nhan LTH, et al. Optimization of microwave-assisted extraction of essential oil from Vietnamese Basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) using response surface methodology. Processes 2018;6: 206.
95. Mehdizadeh T, Hashemzadeh M, Nazarizadeh A, Neyriz-Naghadehi M, Tat M, Ghalavand M, et al. Chemical composition and antibacterial properties of Ocimum basilicum, salvia officinalis and trachyspermum ammi essential oils alone and in combination with nisin. Res J Pharmacog 2016;3: 51-58.
96. Chaaban SB, Hamdi SH, Mahjoubi K, Jemâa JMB. Composition and insecticidal activity of essential oil from Ruta graveolens, Mentha pulegium and Ocimum basilicum against Ectomyelois ceratoniae Zeller and Ephestia kuehniella Zeller (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae). J Plant Dis Protect 2019;126: 237-246.
97. Bobakulov K, Ozek G, Ozek T, Asilbekova DT, Abdullaev ND, Sagdullaev SS, et al. Essential oils and lipids from the flowers of two varieties of Ocimum basilicum L. cultivated in Uzbekistan. J Essential Oil Res 20201-8.
98. EL MOKHTARI K, EL BROUZI A, M’hammed E, TALBI M. Extraction and composition of the essential oil of Ocimum basilicum collected in Morocco. J Anal Sci Appl Biotechnol 2020: 2045-2048.
99. Elsherbiny EA, EL KHATEEB AY, Azzaz NA. Chemical composition and fungicidal effects of Ocimum basilicum essential oil on Bipolaris and Cochliobolus species. J Agric Sci Technol 2016;18: 1143-1152.
100. Özcan M, Chalchat J-C. Essential oil composition of Ocimum basilicum L. Czech J Food Sci 2002;20: 223-228.
101. Sundararajan B, Moola AK, Vivek K, Kumari BR. Formulation of nanoemulsion from leaves essential oil of Ocimum basilicum L. and its antibacterial, anti-oxidant and larvicidal activities (Culex quinquefasciatus). Microbial Pathogen 2018;125: 475-485.
102. Mota I, Sánchez-Sánchez J, Pedro LG, Sousa MJ. Composition variation of the essential oil from Ocimum basilicum L. cv. Genovese Gigante in response to Glomus intraradices and mild water stress at different stages of growth. Biochem System Ecol 2020;90: 104021.
103. Kadan S, Saad B, Sasson Y, Zaid H. In vitro evaluation of anti-diabetic activity and cytotoxicity of chemically analysed Ocimum basilicum extracts. Food Chem 2016;196: 1066-1074.
104. Venancio AM, Onofre ASC, Lira AF, Alves PB, Blank AF, Antoniolli AR, et al. Chemical composition, acute toxicity, and antinociceptive activity of the essential oil of a plant breeding cultivar of basil (Ocimum basilicum L.). Planta medica 2011;77: 825-829.
105. Mousavi M, Zaiter A, Becker L, Modarressi A, Baudelaire E, Dicko A. Optimisation of phytochemical characteristics and anti-oxidative properties of Foeniculum vulgare Mill. seeds and Ocimum basilicum L. leaves superfine powders using new parting process. Phytochem Analysis 2020;31: 154-163.
106. Aye A, Jeon Y-D, Lee J-H, Bang K-S, Jin J-S. Anti-inflammatory activity of ethanol extract of leaf and leaf callus of basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) on RAW 264.7 macrophage cells. Oriental Pharm Exp Med 2019;19: 217-226.
107. Noor ZI, Ahmed D, Rehman HM, Qamar MT, Froeyen M, Ahmad S, et al. In vitro antidiabetic, anti-obesity and anti-oxidant analysis of Ocimum basilicum aerial biomass and in silico molecular docking simulations with alpha-amylase and lipase enzymes. Biology 2019;8: 92.
108. Eftekhar N, Moghimi A, Boskabady MH. Prophylactic effect of rosmarinic acid on tracheal responsiveness, white blood cell count and oxidative stress markers in lung lavage of sensitized rats. Pharmacol Rep 2018;70: 119-125.
109. Abd El-Ghffar EA, Al-Sayed E, Shehata SM, Eldahshan OA, Efferth T. The protective role of Ocimum basilicum L.(Basil) against aspirin-induced gastric ulcer in mice: Impact on oxidative stress, inflammation, motor deficits and anxiety-like behavior. Food Funct 2018;9: 4457-4468.
110. Zaveri M, Desai N, Movaliya V. Effect of Ocimum basilicum on cisplatin models of acute renal failure. Adv Res Pharm boil 2011;1: 91-100.
111. Rameshrad M, Salehian R, Fathiazad F, Hamedeyazdan S, Garjani M, Maleki-Dizaji N, et al. The effects of Ocimum basilicum ethanol extract on carrageenan induced paw inflammation in rats. Pharm Sci 2015;20: 149-156.
112. Açıkgöz MA. Establishment of cell suspension cultures of Ocimum basilicum L. and enhanced production of pharmaceutical active ingredients. Industrial Crops and Products 2020;148: 112278.
113. Hamad GM, Darwish AM, Abu-Serie MM, El Sohaimy SA. Antimicrobial, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory characteristics of combination (Cassia fistula and Ocimum basilicum) extract as natural preservative to control & prevent food contamination. J Food Nutr Res 2017;5: 771-780.
114. Baj T, Baryluk A, Sieniawska E. Application of mixture design for optimum anti-oxidant activity of mixtures of essential oils from Ocimum basilicum L., Origanum majorana L. and Rosmarinus officinalis L. Industrial Crops and Products 2018;115: 52-61.
115. Bora KS, Arora S, Shri R. Role of Ocimum basilicum L. in prevention of ischemia and reperfusion-induced cerebral damage, and motor dysfunctions in mice brain. J Ethnopharmacol 2011;137: 1360-1365.