1. Wang L, Zhou J, Gober HJ, Leung WT, Huang Z, Pan X, et al. Alterations in the intestinal microbiome associated with PCOS affect the clinical phenotype. Biomed Pharmacother 2021; 133: 110958.
2. Halama A, Aye MM, Dargham SR, Kulinski M, Suhre K, Atkin SL. Metabolomics of dynamic changes in ınsulin resistance before and after exercise in PCOS. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 2019; 10: 116.
3. Ganie MA, Vasudevan V, Wani IA, Baba MS, Arif T, Rashid A. Epidemiology, pathogenesis, genetics & management of polycystic ovary syndrome in India. Indian J Med Res 2019; 150: 333-344.
4. Rosenfield RL. Current concepts of polycystic ovary syndrome pathogenesis. Curr Opin Pediatr 2020; 32: 698-706.
5. Li J, Bai WP, Jiang B, Bai LR, Gu B, Yan SX, et al. Ketogenic diet in women with polycystic ovary syndrome and liver dysfunction who are obese: A randomized, open-label, parallel-group, controlled pilot trial. J Obstet Gynaecol Res 2021; 47: 1145-1152.
6. Barrea L, Marzullo P, Muscogiuri G, Di Somma C, Scacchi M, Orio F, et al. Source and amount of carbohydrate in the diet and inflammation in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Nutr Res Rev 2018; 31: 291-301.
7. Ghowsi M, Khazali H, Sisakhtnezhad S. The effect of resveratrol on oxidative stress in the liver and serum of a rat model of polycystic ovary syndrome: An experimental study. Int J Reprod Biomed 2018; 16: 149-158.
8. Lemos AJ, Peixoto CA, Teixeira AA, Luna RL, Rocha SW, Santos HM, et al. Effect of the combination of metformin hydrochloride and melatonin on oxidative stress before and during pregnancy, and biochemical and histopathological analysis of the livers of rats after treatment for polycystic ovary syndrome. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2014; 280: 159-168.
9. Ibrahim YF, Alorabi M, Abdelzaher WY, Toni ND, Thabet K, Hegazy A, et al. Diacerein ameliorates letrozole-induced polycystic ovarian syndrome in rats. Biomed Pharmacother 2022; 149: 112870.
10. Li T, Zhang T, Gao H, Liu R, Gu M, Yang Y, et al. Tempol ameliorates polycystic ovary syndrome through attenuating intestinal oxidative stress and modulating of gut microbiota composition-serum metabolites interaction. Redox Biol 2021; 41: 101886.
11. Liu H, Xie J, Fan L, Xia Y, Peng X, Zhou J, Ni X. Cryptotanshinone protects against PCOS-induced damage of ovarian tissue via regulating oxidative stress, mitochondrial membrane potential, ınflammation, and apoptosis via regulating ferroptosis. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2022; 4: 8011850.
12. Huang Y, Zhang X. Luteolin alleviates polycystic ovary syndrome in rats by resolving insulin resistance and oxidative stress. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2021; 320: E1085-E1092.
13. Furat Rencber S, Kurnaz Ozbek S, Eraldemır C, Sezer Z, Kum T, Ceylan S, Guzel E. Effect of resveratrol and metformin on ovarian reserve and ultrastructure in PCOS: An experimental study. J Ovarian Res 2018; 11: 55.
14. Hu M, Zhang Y, Ma S, Li J, Wang X, Liang M, et al. Suppression of uterine and placental ferroptosis by N-acetylcysteine in a rat model of polycystic ovary syndrome. Mol Hum Reprod 2021; 27: gaab067.
15. Chang MX, Xiong F. Astaxanthin and its effects in ınflammatory responses and ınflammation-associated diseases: recent advances and future directions. Molecules 2020; 25: 5342.
16. Zhu N, Liang X, Zhang M, Yin X, Yang H, Zhi Y, et al. Astaxanthin protects cognitive function of vascular dementia. Behav Brain Funct 2020; 16: 10.
17. Chen MH, Wang TJ, Chen LJ, Jiang MY, Wang YJ, Tseng GF, Chen JR. The effects of astaxanthin treatment on a rat model of Alzheimer’s disease. Brain Res Bull 2021; 172: 151-163.
18. Zhang L, Wang H. Multiple mechanisms of anti-cancer effects exerted by astaxanthin. Mar Drugs 2015; 13: 4310-30.
19. Priyadarshini L, Aggarwal A. Astaxanthin inhibits cytokines production and inflammatory gene expression by suppressing IκB kinase-dependent nuclear factor κB activation in pre and postpartum Murrah buffaloes during different seasons. Vet World 2018; 11: 782-788.
20. He L. Metformin and Systemic Metabolism. Trends Pharmacol Sci 2020; 41: 868-881.
21. LaMoia TE, Shulman GI. Cellular and molecular mechanisms of metformin action. Endocr Rev 2021; 42: 77-96.
22. Jia W, Bai T, Zeng J, Niu Z, Fan D, Xu X, et al. Combined administration of metformin and atorvastatin attenuates diabetic cardiomyopathy by ınhibiting ınflammation, apoptosis, and oxidative stress in type 2 diabetic mice. Front Cell Dev Biol 2021; 9: 634900.
23. Ma X, Li X, Ma L, Chen Y, He S. Soy isoflavones alleviate polycystic ovary syndrome in rats by regulating NF-κB signaling pathway. Bioengineered 2021; 12: 7215–7223.
24. Jahan S, Abid A, Khalid S, Afsar T, Qurat-Ul-Ain, Shaheen G, et al. Therapeutic potentials of Quercetin in management of polycystic ovarian syndrome using Letrozole induced rat model: A histological and a biochemical study. J. Ovarian Res 2018; 11: 1–10.
25. Pachiappan S, Ramalingam K, Balasubramanian A. Evaluation of gymnema sylvestre R. Br. against letrozole ınduced polycystic ovarian syndrome in rats. Res J Pharm Technol 2023; 16: 385-390.
26. Hai Y, Zuo L, Wang M, Zhang R, Wang M, Ren L, et al. Icariin alleviates nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in polycystic ovary syndrome by ımproving liver fatty acid oxidation and ınhibiting lipid accumulation. Molecules 2023; 28: 517.
27. Kiremitli S, Kiremitli T, Nayki U,Yilmaz N, Turkler C, Dinc K, Cetin N. Taxifolin attenuates ischemia-reperfusion induced oxidative ovarian damage in rats. Asian Pac J Reprod 2021; 10: 168–175.
28. Sun Y, Oberley LW, Li Y. A simple method for clinical assay of superoxide dismutase Clin. Chem 1988; 34 :497-500
29. Ohkawa H, Ohishi N, Yagi K. Assay for lipid peroxides in animal tissues by thiobarbituric acid reaction. Anal. Biochem 1979; 95:351-358.
30. Keleş O, Can S, Cigsar G, Colak S, Erol H, Akaras N, Halici M.Hepatoprotective effects of B-1, 3-(D)-glucan on bortezomib-induced liver damage in rats. Kafkas Universitesi Veteriner Fakultesi Dergisi 2014; 20:929-938.
31. Chen M, He C, Zhu K, Chen Z, Meng Z, Jiang X, et al. Resveratrol ameliorates polycystic ovary syndrome via transzonal projections within oocyte-granulosa cell communication. Theranostics 2022; 12: 782-795.
32. Wang F, Xie N, Wu Y, Zhang Q, Zhu Y, Dai M, et al. Association between circadian rhythm disruption and polycystic ovary syndrome. Fertil Steril 2021; 115: 771-781.
33. Rudnicka E, Suchta K, Grymowicz M, Calik-Ksepka A, Smolarczyk K, Duszewska AM, et al. Chronic low grade ınflammation in pathogenesis of PCOS. Int J Mol Sci 2021; 22: 3789.
34. Zumbro EL, Rao M, Balcom-Luker S, Broughton KS, LeMieux MJ. Whey protein supplementation ımproves the glycemic response and may reduce non-alcoholic fatty liver disease related biomarkers in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Nutrients 2021; 13: 2451.
35. Li T, Zhang T, Cui T, Yang Y, Liu R, Chen Y, Yin C. Involvement of endogenous testosterone in hepatic steatosis in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 2020; 204: 105752.
36. Li C, Chen L, Zhao Y, Chen S, Fu L, Jiang Y, et al. Altered expression of miRNAs in the uterus from a letrozole-induced rat PCOS model. Gene 2017; 598: 20-26.
37. Mihanfar A, Nouri M, Roshangar L, Khadem-Ansari MH. Ameliorative effects of fisetin in letrozole-induced rat model of polycystic ovary syndrome. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 2021; 213: 105954.
38. Sulaiman MA, Al-Farsi YM, Al-Khaduri MM, Saleh J, Waly MI. Polycystic ovarian syndrome ıs linked to ıncreased oxidative stress in omani women. Int J Women’s Health 2018; 10: 763–771.
39. Rostamtabar M, Esmaeilzadeh S, Tourani M, Rahmani A, Baee M, Shirafkan F, et al. Pathophysiological roles of chronic low-grade inflammation mediators in polycystic ovary syndrome. J Cell Physiol 2021; 236: 824-838.
40. Huang Y, Zhang X. Luteolin alleviates polycystic ovary syndrome in rats by resolving insulin resistance and oxidative stress. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2021; 320: E1085–E1092.
41. Dubey P, Reddy S, Boyd S, Bracamontes C, Sanchez S, Chattopadhyay M, Dwivedi A. Effect of nutritional supplementation on oxidative stress and hormonal and lipid profiles in PCOS-affected females. Nutrients 2021; 13: 2938.
42. Rudnicka E, Duszewska AM, Kucharski M, Tyczyński P, Smolarczyk R. Oxidative stress and reproductive function: oxidative stress in polycystic ovary syndrome. Reproduction 2022; 164: F145–F154.
43. Nawrocka-Rutkowska J, Szydłowska I, Jakubowska K, Olszewska M, Chlubek D, Rył A, et al. Assessment of the parameters of oxidative stress depending on the metabolic and anthropometric status ındicators in women with PCOS. Life 2022; 12: 225.
44. Shi YQ, Wang Y, Zhu XT, Yin RY, Ma YF, Han H, et al. The application of complementary and alternative medicine in polycystic ovary syndrome ınfertility. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2022; 2022: 5076306.
45. Uçkan K, Demir H, Turan K, Sarıkaya E, Demir C. Role of oxidative stress in obese and nonobese PCOS patients. Int J Clin Pract 2022; 2022: 4579831.
46. Moradi Negahdari F, Hadjzadeh MA, Gholamnezhad Z, Sohrabi F, Samadi Noshahr Z. The protective effects of trans-anethole against polycystic ovary syndrome ınduced histopathological and metabolic changes in rat. Int J Fertil Steril 2022; 16: 192-199.
47. Azouz AA, Ali SE, Abd-Elsalam RM, Emam SR, Galal MK, Elmosalamy SH, et al. Modulation of steroidogenesis by Actaea racemosa and vitamin C combination, in letrozole induced polycystic ovarian syndrome rat model: Promising activity without the risk of hepatic adverse effect. Chin Med 2021; 16: 36.
48. Islam MA, Al Mamun MA, Faruk M, Ul Islam MT, Rahman MM, Alam MN, et al. Astaxanthin ameliorates hepatic damage and oxidative stress in carbon tetrachloride-administered rats. Pharmacognosy Res 2017; 9: S84-91.
49. Olaniyi KS, Areloegbe SE. Suppression of PCSK9/NF-kB-dependent pathways by acetate ameliorates cardiac inflammation in a rat model of polycystic ovarian syndrome. Life Sci 2022; 300: 120560.
50. Cui P, Hu W, Ma T, Hu M, Tong X, Zhang F, et al. Long-term androgen excess induces insulin resistance and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in PCOS-like rats. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 2021; 208: 105829.
51. Tan S, Bechmann LP, Benson S, Dietz T, Eichner S, Hahn S, et al. Apoptotic markers indicate nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in polycystic ovary syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2010; 95(1): 343-8.
52. Akintayo CO, Johnson AD, Badejogbin OC, Olaniyi KS, Oniyide AA, Ajadi IO, et al. High fructose-enriched diet synergistically exacerbates endocrine but not metabolic changes in letrozole-induced polycystic ovarian syndrome in Wistar rats. Heliyon 2021; 7: e05890.
53. Abruzzese GA, Heber MF, Ferreira SR, Velez LM, Reynoso R, Pignataro OP, Motta AB. Prenatal hyperandrogenism induces alterations that affect liver lipid metabolism. J Endocrinol 2016; 230: 67-79.