1. Akhavan HR, Zarezadeh Mehrizi R. Effects of damask rose (Rosa damascena Mill.) extract on chemical, microbial, and sensory properties of sohan (an Iranian confection) during storage. J Food Qual Hazards Control 2016; 3:97-106.
2. Venkatesha KT, Gupta A, Rai AN, Jambhulkar SJ, Bisht R, Padalia RC. Recent developments, challenges, and opportunities in genetic improvement of essential oil-bearing rose (Rosa damascena): A review. Ind Crops Prod 2022; 184:114984.
3. Labban L, Thallaj N. The medicinal and pharmacological properties of Damascene Rose (Rosa damascena): A review. Int J Herb Med 2020; 8: 33-37.
4. Shohayeb M, Abdel-Hameed ES, Bazaid SA, Maghrabi I. Antibacterial and antifungal activity of Rosa damascena MILL. essential oil, different extracts of rose petals. Glob J Pharmacol 2014; 8:1-7.
5. Hamza RZ, Al-Yasi HM, Ali EF, Fawzy MA, Abdelkader TG, Galal TM. Chemical characterization of Taif rose (Rosa damascena Mill var. trigentipetala) waste methanolic extract and its hepatoprotective and anti-oxidant effects against cadmium chloride (CdCl2)-induced hepatotoxicity and potential anticancer activities against liver cancer cells (HepG2). Crystals 2022; 12:460.
6. Yasa N, Masoumi F, Rouhani RS, Haji AA. Chemical composition and anti-oxidant activity of the extract and essential oil of Rosa damascena from Iran, population of Guilan. DARU J Pharm Sci 2015; 17: 175-180.
7 Rakhshandah H, Hosseini M, Dolati K. Hypnotic effect of Rosa damascena in mice. Iran J Pharm Res 2022; 3:181-185.
8. Demirel S. Rosa damascena Miller essential oil relaxes rat trachea via KV channels, KATP channels, and BKCa channels. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 2022; 163: 106673.
9. Memariani Z, Amin G, Moghaddam G, Hajimahmoodi M. Comparative analysis of phenolic compounds in two samples of Rosa damascena by HPLC. Int J Biosci 2015; 7:112-118.
10. Działo M, Mierziak J, Korzun U, Preisner M, Szopa J, Kulma A. The potential of plant phenolics in prevention and therapy of skin disorders. Int J Mol Sci 2016; 17:160.
11. Tayarani-Najaran Z, Akaberi M, Vatani M, Emami SA. Evaluation of anti-oxidant and antimelanogenic activities of different extracts from aerial parts of Nepeta binaludensis Jamzad in murine melanoma B16F10 cells. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2016; 19:662-669.
12. Eghbali-Feriz S, Taleghani A, Al-Najjar H, Emami SA, Rahimi H, Asili J, Hasanzadeh S, Tayarani-Najaran Z. Antimelanogenesis and anti-tyrosinase properties of Pistacia atlantica subsp. mutica extracts on B16F10 murine melanoma cells. Res Pharm Sci 2018; 13:533.
13. Kim MJ, Mohamed EA, Kim DS, Park MJ, Ahn BJ, Jeung EB, An BS. Inhibitory effects and underlying mechanisms of Artemisia capillaris essential oil on melanogenesis in the B16F10 cell line. Mol Med Rep 2022; 25:1-2.
14. Kamilijiang M, Zang D, Abudukelimu N, Aidarhan N, Liu G, Aisa HA. Antimelanogenesis effect of polysaccharide from saussurea involucrata on forskolin-induced melanogenesis in B16F10 melanoma cells. Nutrients 2022; 14:5044.
15. Rahimi VB, Askari VR, Emami SA, Tayarani-Najaran Z. Antimelanogenic activity of Viola odorata different extracts on B16F10 murine melanoma cells. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2017; 20:242.
16. Choi MR, Lee H, Kim HK, Han J, Seol JE, Vasileva EA, Mishchenko NP, Fedoreyev SA, Stonik VA, Ju WS, Kim DJ. Echinochrome A inhibits melanogenesis in B16F10 cells by downregulating CREB signaling. Mar Drugs 2022; 20:555.
17. Khalili Z, Taraghi Z, Ilali ES. The effect of damask rose and orange blossom on anxiety in older adults. J Complement Med Res 2021; 11:20-29.
18. Shin EJ, Han AR, Lee MH, Song YR, Lee KM, Nam TG, Lee P, Lee SY, Lim TG. Extraction conditions for Rosa gallica petal extracts with anti-skin aging activities. Food Sci Biotechnol 2019; 28:1439-1446.
19. Li MX, Xie J, Bai X, Du ZZ. Anti-aging potential, anti-tyrosinase and antibacterial activities of extracts and compounds isolated from Rosa chinensis cv.‘JinBian’. Ind Crops Prod 2021; 159:113059.
20. Song YR, Lim WC, Han A, Lee MH, Shin EJ, Lee KM, Nam TG, Lim TG. Rose petal extract (Rosa gallica) exerts skin whitening and anti-skin wrinkle effects. J Med Food 2020; 23:870-878.
21. Vanitha M, Soundhari C. Isolation and characterisation of mushroom tyrosinase and screening of herbal extracts for anti-tyrosinase activity. Int J ChemTech Res 2017; 10: 1156-1167.
22. Schmidt E. Handbook of Essential Oils Science, Technology, and Applications.2nd ed. Taylor & Francis Group; 2016.
23. Fattahi A, Shakeri A, Tayarani‐Najaran Z, Kharbach M, Segers K, Heyden YV, Taghizadeh SF, Rahmani H, Asili J. UPLC–PDA‐ESI–QTOF–MS/MS and GC‐MS analysis of Iranian Dracocephalum moldavica L. Food Sci Nutr 2021; 9:4278-4286.
24. Kamiloglu S, Sari G, Ozdal T, Capanoglu E. Guidelines for cell viability assays. Food Frontiers 2020;1: 332-349.
25. Rahiman N, Akaberi M, Sahebkar A, Emami SA, Tayarani-Najaran Z. Protective effects of saffron and its active components against oxidative stress and apoptosis in endothelial cells. Microvasc Res 2018; 118: 82-89.
26. Cleaver JE, Ortiz‐Urda S, Arron S. Ultraviolet radiation carcinogenesis. Holland Frei Cancer Medicine 2016; 17:1-6.
27. De Jager TL, Cockrell AE, Du Plessis SS. Ultraviolet light induced generation of reactive oxygen species. Ultraviolet Light in Human Health, Diseases and Environment 2017:15-23.
28. Lee JS, Kim YR, Song IG, Ha SJ, Kim YE, Baek NI, Hong EK. Cyanidin-3-glucoside isolated from mulberry fruit protects pancreatic β-cells against oxidative stress-induced apoptosis. Int J Mol Med 2015; 35: 405-412.
29. Boghrati Z, Naseri M, Rezaie M, Pham N, Quinn RJ, Tayarani-Najaran Z, Iranshahi M. Tyrosinase inhibitory properties of phenylpropanoid glycosides and flavonoids from Teucrium polium L. var. gnaphalodes. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2016; 19: 804-811.
30. Largeron M. Aerobic catalytic systems inspired by copper amine oxidases: Recent developments and synthetic applications. Org Biomol Chem 2017; 15: 4722-4730.
31. Xie W, Zhang H, He J, Zhang J, Yu Q, Luo C, Li S. Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel hydroxybenzaldehyde-based kojic acid analogues as inhibitors of mushroom tyrosinase. Bioorg Med Chem 2017; 27:530-532.
32. Baek SH, Nam IJ, Kwak HS, Kim KC, Lee SH. Cellular anti-melanogenic effects of a Euryale ferox seed extract ethyl acetate fraction via the lysosomal degradation machinery. Int J Mol Sci 2015; 16: 9217-9235.
33. Ishack S, Lipner SR. Exogenous ochronosis associated with hydroquinone: A systematic review. Int J Dermatol 2022; 61:675-684.
34. Shamu TN, Lalitha J, Shinde M. Mushroom tyrosinase inhibition and antimelanogenesis activities of Bacopa monnieri (L.) methanol extract in B16F10 melanoma cells. J Biosci Med 2020; 8:189-202.
35. Kumari S, Tien Guan THNG S, Verma NK, Gautam HK. Melanogenesis inhibitors. Acta dermato-venereologica 2018; 98.924-931.
36. Tonolli PN, Baptista MS, Chiarelli-Neto O. Melanin, lipofuscin and the effects of visible light in the skin. J Photochem Photobiol 2021; 7:1-5.
37. Chroho M, Bouymajane A, Oulad El Majdoub Y, Cacciola F, Mondello L, Aazza M, Zair T, Bouissane L. Phenolic composition, anti-oxidant and antibacterial activities of extract from flowers of Rosa damascena from morocco. Separations 2022; 9:247.
38. Mahmoud NM, Elshazly SM, Rezq S. Geraniol protects against cyclosporine A-induced renal injury in rats: Role of Wnt/β-catenin and PPARγ signaling pathways. Life Sci 2022; 291: 1-11.
39. Joshi A, Prakash O, Pant AK, Kumar R, Szczepaniak L, Kucharska-Ambrożej K. Methyl eugenol, 1, 8-cineole and nerolidol rich essential oils with their biological activities from three Melaleuca species growing in Tarai region of North India. Braz Arch Biol Technol 2022; 1-15.
40. Chahal KK, Kaur M, Bhardwaj U, Singla N, Kaur A. A review on chemistry and biological activities of Laurus nobilis L. essential oil. J Pharmacogn Phytochem 2017; 6: 1153-1161.
41. Ivănescu B, Burlec AF, Crivoi F, Roșu C, Corciovă A. Secondary metabolites from Artemisia genus as biopesticides and innovative nano-based application strategies. Molecules 2021; 26: 1-42.
42. Rezvani-Kamran A, Salehi I, Shahidi S, Zarei M, Moradkhani S, Komaki A. Effects of the hydroalcoholic extract of Rosa damascena on learning and memory in male rats consuming a high-fat diet. Pharm Biol 2017; 55: 2065-2073.
43. Akram M, Riaz M, Munir N, Akhter N, Zafar S, Jabeen F, Ali Shariati M, Akhtar N, Riaz Z, Altaf SH, Daniyal M. Chemical constituents, experimental and clinical pharmacology of Rosa damascena: A literature review. J Pharm Pharmacol 2020; 72:161-174.
44. Verma A, Srivastava R, Sonar PK, Yadav R. Traditional, phytochemical, and biological aspects of Rosa alba L.: A systematic review. Future J Pharm Sci 2020; 6:1-8.
45. Sakhaee E, Emadi L, Siahkouhi H. Supportive effects of Rosa damascene essential oil on epididymal sperm quality following long-term administration of copper sulfate in mice. Human Andrology 2015; 5:68-70.
46. Sakhaee E, Abshenas J, Emadi L, Azari O, Kheirandish R, Samaneh A. Effects of vitamin C on epididymal sperm quality following experimentally induced copper poisoning in mice. Comp Clin Path 2014; 23: 181-186.
47. EM Mustafa N. Citrus essential oils: Current and prospective uses in the food industry. Recent Pat. Food Nutr Agric 2015; 7: 115-127.
48. Napoli EM, Siracusa L, Saija A, Speciale A, Trombetta D, Tuttolomondo T, La Bella S, Licata, M, Virga G, Leone R, Leto C. Wild Sicilian rosemary: Phytochemical and morphological screening and anti-oxidant activity evaluation of extracts and essential oils. Chem Biodivers 2015; 12: 1075-1094.
49. Sharma P, Shah GC. Composition and anti-oxidant activity of Senecio nudicaulis Wall. ex DC.(Asteraceae): A medicinal plant growing wild in Himachal Pradesh, India. Nat Prod Res 2015; 29: 883-886.