1. Hemachandran H, Anantharaman A, Priya RR, Doss GP, Siva R. Interaction of catechu dye with DNA: Spectroscopic and in silico approach. Nucleosides, Nucleotides and Nucleic Acids 2016; 35: 195-210.
2. Anantharaman A, Priya RR, Hemachandran H, Sivaramakrishna A, Babu S, Siva R. Studies on interaction of norbixin with DNA: Multispectroscopic and in silico analysis. Spectrochimica Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 2015; 144: 163-169.
3. Ghosh P, Devi GP, Priya R, Amrita A, Sivaramakrishna A, Babu S, et al. Spectroscopic and in silico evaluation of interaction of DNA with six anthraquinone derivatives. Appl Biochem Biotechnol 2013; 170:1127-1137.
4. Sjakste N, Djelić N, Dzintare M, Živković L. DNA-BINDING and DNA-protecting activities of small natural organic molecules and food extracts. Chem Biol Interact 2020; 323: 109030.
5. Bhakta D, Siva R. Morindone, an anthraquinone, intercalates DNA sans toxicity: A spectroscopic and molecular modeling perspective. Appl Biochem Biotechnol 2012; 167:885-896.
6. Bhakta D, Lulu S, Jayaraman G, Babu S, Siva R. Interaction of plant pigment brazilin with synthetic and natural DNA: Spectroscopic and in silico perspective. Interdiscip Sci 2013;5:53-59.
7. Mohan S, Hemachandran H, Sneha P, George Priya Doss C, Godwin Christopher J, Jayaraman G, et al. Structural insights into the binding mode and conformational changes of BSA induced by bixin and crocin. J Biomol Struct Dyn 2017; 36: 2085-2098.
8. Rather LJ, Mohammad F. Phytochemistry, biological activities and potential of annatto in natural colorant production for industrial applications-A review. J Adv Res 2016;7:499-451.
9. Hoshyar R, Mollaei H. A comprehensive review on anticancer mechanisms of the main carotenoid of saffron, crocin. J Pharm Pharmacol 2017;69:1419-1427.
10. Kapoor L, Ramamoorthy S. Strategies to meet the global demand for natural food colorant bixin: A multidisciplinary approach. J Biotechnol 2021; 338:40-51.
11. Kang EJ, Campbell RE, Bastian E, Drake MA. Annatto usage and bleaching in dairy foods. J Dairy Sci 2010;93:3891-3901.
12. Anantharaman A, Hemachandran H, Priya RR, Sankari M, Gopalakrishnan M, Palanisami N, et al. Inhibitory effect of apocarotenoids on the activity of tyrosinase: Multi-spectroscopic and docking studies. J Biosci Bioeng 2016;121:13-20.
13. de Oliveira Júnior RG, Bonnet A, Braconnier E, Groult H, Prunier G, Beaugeard L, et al. Bixin, an apocarotenoid isolated from Bixa orellana L., sensitizes human melanoma cells to dacarbazine-induced apoptosis through ROS-mediated cytotoxicity. Food Chem Toxicol 2019; 125: 549-561.
14. Anantharaman A, Hemachandran H, Mohan S, Ayyathan DM, Siva R. Induction of apoptosis by apocarotenoids in B16 melanoma cells through ROS-mediated mitochondrial-dependent pathway. J Funct Foods 2016; 20: 346-357.
15. Nurcahyanti ADR, Kusmita L, Wink M. Bixin and fucoxanthin sensitize human lung cancer and cervical cancer cell to cisplatin in vitro. BMC Res Notes 2021; 14: 1-8.
16. Santos GC, Almeida MR, Antunes LMG, Bianchi MLP. Effect of bixin on DNA damage and cell death induced by doxorubicin in HL60 cell line. Hum Exp Toxicol 2016; 35: 1319-1327.
17. Milajerdi A, Djafarian K, Hosseini B. The toxicity of saffron (Crocus sativus L.) and its constituents against normal and cancer cells. J Nutr Intermed Metab 2016;3:23-3.
18. Yimit A, Adebali O, Sancar A, Jiang Y. Differential damage and repair of DNA-adducts induced by anti-cancer drug cisplatin across mouse organs. Nat Commun 2019; 10: 1-11.
19. Pattanaik L, Pradhan S, Shaoo NK, Naik SN. Extraction and rapid quantification of pure bixin from Bixa orellena L. Indian J Nat Prod Resour 2019; 9:290-295.
20. Shi JH, Liu TT, Jiang M, Chen J, Wang Q. Characterization of interaction of calf thymus DNA with gefitinib: Spectroscopic methods and molecular docking. J Photochem Photobiol B 2015;147:47-55.
21. Tao M, Zhang G, Xiong C, Pan J. Characterization of the interaction between resmethrin and calf thymus DNA in vitro. New J Chem 2015; 39:3665-3674.
22. Hosseinzadeh M, Nikjoo S, Zare N, Delavar D, Beigoli S, Chamani J. Characterization of the structural changes of human serum albumin upon interaction with single-walled and multi-walled carbon nanotubes: Spectroscopic and molecular modeling approaches. Res Chem Intermed 2019; 45: 40-423.
23. Khashkhashi-Moghadam S, Ezazi-Toroghi S, Kamkar-Vatanparast M, Jouyaeian P, Mokaberi P, Yazdyani H, Chamani J. Novel perspective into the interaction behavior study of the cyanidin with human serum albumin-holo transferrin complex: Spectroscopic, calorimetric and molecular modeling approaches. J Mol Liq 2022; 356: 119042.
24. Bera R, Sahoo BK, Ghosh KS, Dasgupta S. Studies on the interaction of isoxazolcurcumin with calf thymus DNA. Int J biol Macromol 2008; 42: 14-21.
25. Parveen M, Ahmad F, Malla AM, Khan MS, Rehman SU, Tabish M, et al. Structure elucidation and DNA binding specificity of natural compounds from Cassia siamea leaves: A biophysical approach. J Photochem Photobiol B 2016;159:218-228.
26. Gałczyńska K, Ciepluch K, Made Ł, Kurdziel K, Maciejewska B, Drulis-Kawa Z et al. Selective cytotoxicity and antifungal properties of copper (II) and cobalt (II) complexes with imidazole-4-acetate anion or 1-allylimidazole. Sci Rep 2019; 9:1-13.
27. Foo JB, Ng LS, Lim JH, Tan PX, Lor YZ, Loo JSE et al. Induction of cell cycle arrest and apoptosis by copper complex Cu (SBCM) 2 towards oestrogen-receptor positive MCF-7 breast cancer cells. RSC Adv 2019; 9:18359-18370.
28. Ghode SP, Chatur MVM, Chaudhari SR, Ghode PD. DNA binding study of methanolic extract of Pisonia aculeata linn. having anticancer activity. Int J Pharm Sci Med 2018; 3: 9-19
29. Parveen M, Aslam A, Siddiqui S, Tabish M, Alam M. Structure elucidation, DNA binding and molecular docking studies of natural compounds isolated from Crateva religiosa leaves. J Mol Struct 2022; 1251: 131976.
30. Nafisi S, Manouchehri F, Tajmir-Riahi HA, Varavipour M. Structural features of DNA interaction with caffeine and theophylline. J Mol Struct 2008; 875: 392-399.
31. Nafisi S, Hashemi M, Rajabi M, Tajmir-Riahi HA. DNA adducts with antioxidant flavonoids: Morin, apigenin, and naringin. DNA Cell Biol 2008; 27: 433-442.
32. Tyagi G, Jangir DK, Singh P, Mehrotra R. DNA interaction studies of an anticancer plant alkaloid, vincristine, using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. DNA Cell Biol 2010; 29: 693-699.
33. Askari A, Mokaberi P, Dareini M, Medalian M, Pejhan M, Erfani M, Chamani J. Impact of linker histone in the formation of ambochlorin-calf thymus DNA complex: Multi-spectroscopic, stopped-flow, and molecular modeling approaches. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2021; 24:1568-1582.
34. Bjorndal MT, Fygenson DK. DNA melting in the presence of fluorescent intercalating oxazole yellow dyes measured with a gel‐based assay. Biopolymers 2002; 65: 40-44.
35. Sohrabi T, Asadzadeh-Lotfabad M, Shafie Z, Tehranizadeh ZA, Saberi MR, Chamani J. Description of the calf thymus DNA-malathion complex behavior by multi-spectroscopic and molecular modeling techniques: EMF at low and high frequency approaches. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2021; 24: 1346-1357.
36. Shahabadi N, Abbasi AR, Moshtkob A, Hadidi S. Design, synthesis and DNA interaction studies of new fluorescent platinum complex containing anti-HIV drug didanosine. J Biomol Struct Dyn 2020; 38: 2837-2848.
37. Bathaie SZ, Bolhasani A, Hoshyar R, Ranjbar B, Sabouni F, Moosavi-Movahedi AA. Interaction of saffron carotenoids as anticancer compounds with ct-DNA, Oligo (dG. dC) 15, and Oligo (dA. dT) 15. DNA Cell Biol 2007; 26: 533-540.
38. Afrin S, Rahman Y, Sarwar T, Husain MA, Ali A, Tabish M. Molecular spectroscopic and thermodynamic studies on the interaction of anti-platelet drug ticlopidine with calf thymus DNA. Spectrochimica Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 2017; 186: 66-75.