1. Witchel SF, Oberfield SE, Pena AS. Polycystic ovary syndrome: pathophysiology, presentation, and treatment with emphasis on adolescent girls. J Endocr Soc 2019; 3:1545-1573.
2. Sheehan MT. Polycystic ovarian syndrome: diagnosis and management. Clin Med Res 2004; 2:13-27.
3. Unal E, Yildirim R, Tas FF, Demir V, Onay H, Haspolat YK. Aromatase deficiency due to a novel mutation in CYP19A1 gene. J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol 2018; 10:377-381.
4. Kafali H, Iriadam M, Ozardali I, Demir N. Letrozole-induced polycystic ovaries in the rat: A new model for cystic ovarian disease. Arch Med Res 2004; 35:103-108.
5. Rosenfield RL, Ehrmann DA. The pathogenesis of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): the hypothesis of PCOS as functional ovarian hyperandrogenism revisited. Endocr Rev 2016; 37:467-520.
6. Johansson J, Stener-Victorin E. Polycystic ovary syndrome: effect and mechanisms of acupuncture for ovulation induction. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013; 2013:1-16.
7. Agarwal A, Aponte-Mellado A, Premkumar BJ, Shaman A, Gupta S. The effects of oxidative stress on female reproduction: a review. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2012; 10:49-80.
8. Kumariya S, Ubba V, Jha RK, Gayen JR. Autophagy in ovary and polycystic ovary syndrome: role, dispute and future perspective. Autophagy 2021; 17:2706-2733.
9. Dumesic DA, Padmanabhan V, Abbott DH. Polycystic ovary syndrome and oocyte developmental competence. Obstet Gynecol Surv 2008; 63:39-48.
10. Lai Q, Xiang W, Li Q, Zhang H, Li Y, Zhu G, et al. Oxidative stress in granulosa cells contributes to poor oocyte quality and IVF-ET outcomes in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Front Med 2018; 12:518-524.
11. Rocha AL, Oliveira FR, Azevedo RC, Silva VA, Peres TM, Candido AL, et al. Recent advances in the understanding and management of polycystic ovary syndrome. F1000Res 2019; 8:565-576.
12. Abdalla MA, Deshmukh H, Atkin S, Sathyapalan T. A review of therapeutic options for managing the metabolic aspects of polycystic ovary syndrome. Ther Adv Endocrinol Metab 2020; 11:1-19.
13. Sanchez-Garrido MA, Tena-Sempere M. Metabolic dysfunction in polycystic ovary syndrome: pathogenic role of androgen excess and potential therapeutic strategies. Mol Metab 2020; 35:100937-100953.
14. Higuera-Ciapara I, Felix-Valenzuela L, Goycoolea FM. Astaxanthin: a review of its chemistry and applications. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 2006; 46:185-196.
15. Ambati RR, Phang SM, Ravi S, Aswathanarayana RG. Astaxanthin: sources, extraction, stability, biological activities and its commercial applications--a review. Mar Drugs 2014; 12:128-152.
16. Villaro S, Ciardi M, Morillas-Espana A, Sanchez-Zurano A, Acien-Fernandez G, Lafarga T. Microalgae derived astaxanthin: research and consumer trends and industrial use as food. Foods 2021; 10:1-17.
17. Snell TW, Carberry J. Astaxanthin bioactivity is determined by stereoisomer composition and extraction method. Nutrients 2022; 14:1522-1532.
18. Igielska-Kalwat J, Goscianska J, Nowak I. [Carotenoids as natural antioxidants]. Postepy Hig Med Dosw 2015; 69:418-428.
19. Brotosudarmo THP, Limantara L, Setiyono E, Heriyanto. Structures of astaxanthin and their consequences for therapeutic application. Int J Food Sci 2020; 2020:1-16.
20. Kim SH, Kim H. Inhibitory effect of astaxanthin on oxidative stress-induced mitochondrial dysfunction-a mini-review. Nutrients 2018; 10:1137-1151.
21. Feng W, Wang Y, Guo N, Huang P, Mi Y. Effects of astaxanthin on inflammation and insulin resistance in a mouse model of gestational diabetes mellitus. Dose Response 2020;18:1-11.
22. Choudhury KR, Yagle KJ, Swanson PE, Krohn KA, Rajendran JG. A robust automated measure of average antibody staining in immunohistochemistry images. J Histochem Cytochem 2010; 58:95-107.
23. Toktay E, Tastan TB, Gurbuz MA, Erbas E, Demir O, Ugan RA, et al. Potential protective effect of astaxanthin on ovary ischemia-reperfusion injury. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2022; 25:173-178.
24. Ndefo UA, Eaton A, Green MR. Polycystic ovary syndrome: a review of treatment options with a focus on pharmacological approaches. P T 2013; 38:336-355.
25. Mortensen M, Rosenfield RL, Littlejohn E. Functional significance of polycystic-size ovaries in healthy adolescents. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2006; 91:3786-3790.
26. Blank SK, Helm KD, McCartney CR, Marshall JC. Polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence. Ann N Y Acad Sci 2008; 1135:76-84.
27. Papalou O, Victor VM, Diamanti-Kandarakis E. Oxidative stress in polycystic ovary syndrome. Curr Pharm Des 2016;22: 2709-2722.
28. Zuo T, Zhu M, Xu W. Roles of oxidative stress in polycystic ovary syndrome and cancers. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2016; 2016:1-14.
29. Liu J, Zhang D. [The role of oxidative stress in the pathogenesis of polycystic ovary syndrome]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 2012; 43:187-190.
30. Vural Keles D, Uslu H, Keles ON, Unal B, Alp HH. [Investigation of the protective effects of beta-D-glucan against invasive encapsulated Streptococcus pneumoniae sepsis in splenectomized rats]. Mikrobiyol Bul 2015; 49:314-326.
31. Li C, Chen L, Zhao Y, Chen S, Fu L, Jiang Y, et al. Altered expression of miRNAs in the uterus from a letrozole-induced rat PCOS model. Gene 2017; 598:20-26.
32. Lang Q, Yidong X, Xueguang Z, Sixian W, Wenming X, Tao Z. ETA-mediated anti-TNF-alpha therapy ameliorates the phenotype of PCOS model induced by letrozole. PLoS One 2019; 14:1-17.
33. Gozukara I, Dokuyucu R, Ozgur T, Ozcan O, Pinar N, Kurt RK, et al. Histopathologic and metabolic effect of ursodeoxycholic acid treatment on PCOS rat model. Gynecol Endocrinol 2016; 32:492-497.
34. Wang F, Yu B, Yang W, Liu J, Lu J, Xia X. Polycystic ovary syndrome resembling histopathological alterations in ovaries from prenatal androgenized female rats. J Ovarian Res 2012; 5:15-22.
35. Lashen H. Role of metformin in the management of polycystic ovary syndrome. Ther Adv Endocrinol Metab 2010; 1:117-128.
36. Tsilchorozidou T, Prelevic GM. The role of metformin in the management of polycystic ovary syndrome. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 2003; 15:483-488.
37. Murri M, Luque-Ramirez M, Insenser M, Ojeda-Ojeda M, Escobar-Morreale HF. Circulating markers of oxidative stress and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): A systematic review and meta-analysis. Hum Reprod Update 2013; 19:268-288.
38. Hong Y, Yin Y, Tan Y, Hong K, Zhou H. The flavanone, naringenin, modifies antioxidant and steroidogenic enzyme activity in a rat model of letrozole-induced polycystic ovary syndrome. Med Sci Monit 2019; 25:395-401.
39. Balendra V, Singh SK. Therapeutic potential of astaxanthin and superoxide dismutase in alzheimer’s disease. Open Biol 2021; 11:1-11.
40. Islam MA, Al Mamun MA, Faruk M, Ul Islam MT, Rahman MM, Alam MN, et al. Astaxanthin ameliorates hepatic damage and oxidative stress in carbon tetrachloride-administered rats. Pharmacognosy Res 2017; 9:84-91.
41. Idriss HT, Naismith JH. TNF alpha and the TNF receptor superfamily: structure-function relationship(s). Microsc Res Tech 2000; 50:184-195.
42. Wu G, Hu X, Ding J, Yang J. Abnormal expression of HSP70 may contribute to PCOS pathology. J Ovarian Res 2019; 12:74-81.
43. Tanaka T, Narazaki M, Kishimoto T. IL-6 in inflammation, immunity, and disease. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol 2014; 6:1-16.
44. Gabay C. Interleukin-6 and chronic inflammation. Arthritis Res Ther 2006; 2:3-9.
45. Atreya R, Mudter J, Finotto S, Mullberg J, Jostock T, Wirtz S, et al. Blockade of interleukin 6 trans signaling suppresses T-cell resistance against apoptosis in chronic intestinal inflammation: evidence in crohn disease and experimental colitis in vivo. Nat Med 2000; 6:583-588.
46. Linardopoulos S, Corrigall V, Panayi GS. Activation of HLA-DR and interleukin-6 gene transcription in resting T cells via the CD2 molecule: relevance to chronic immune-mediated inflammation. Scand J Immunol 1992; 36:469-477.
47. Gonzalez F, Rote NS, Minium J, Kirwan JP. Increased activation of nuclear factor kappaB triggers inflammation and insulin resistance in polycystic ovary syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2006; 91:1508-1512.
48. Jabarpour M, Aleyasin A, Nashtaei MS, Lotfi S, Amidi F. Astaxanthin treatment ameliorates ER stress in polycystic ovary syndrome patients: A randomized clinical trial. Sci Rep 2023; 13:3376-3386.