1. Cheng H, Xu H, McClements DJ, Chen L, Jiao A, Tian Y, et al. Recent advances in intelligent food packaging materials: Principles, preparation and applications. Food Chem 2022; 375:131738.
2. Maraz KM, Khan RA. An overview on impact and application of microorganisms on human health, medicine and environment. GSC Biol Pharm Sci 2021;16:89-104.
3. Mutua A. Role of food management systems on food safety in hotels. J Food Sci 2021;2:37-50.
4. Vishweshwaraiah YL, Acharya A, Hegde V, Prakash B. Rational design of hyperstable antibacterial peptides for food preservation. NPJ Sci Food 2021;5:1-6.
5. Hallsworth JE. Water is a preservative of microbes. Microb Biotechnol 2022;15:191-214.
6. Banerjee DK, Das AK, Thakur N, Talukder S, Das A, Sonowal J, et al. Factors affecting microbial growth in livestock products: A review. IJCS 2019;7:4017-4022.
7. Díaz-Montes E, Castro-Muñoz R. Edible films and coatings as food-quality preservers: An overview. Foods 2021;10:1-26.
8. Aworh OC. Food safety issues in fresh produce supply chain with particular reference to sub-Saharan Africa. Food Control 2021;123:107737.
9. Fouladkhah AC, Thompson B, Camp JS. Safety of food and water supplies in the landscape of changing climate. Microorganisms 2019;7:1-5.
10. Sadanandan S, Ramkumar K, Pillai NP, Anuvinda P, Devika V, Ramanunni K, et al. Biorecognition elements appended gold nanoparticle biosensors for the detection of food-borne pathogens-A review. Food Control 2022; 30:109510.
11. Wang W, Wang L, Su J, Xu Z. Antibiotic susceptibility, biofilm-forming ability, and incidence of class 1 integron of Salmonella spp., Escherichia coli, and Staphylococcus aureus isolated from various foods in a school canteen in China. Foodborne Pathog Dis 2020;17:269-275.
12. Possas A, Pérez-Rodríguez F. New insights into Cross-contamination of Fresh-Produce. Curr Opin Food Sci 2022; 18:100954.
13. Parrilli E, Tutino ML, Marino G. Biofilm as an adaptation strategy to extreme conditions. Rendiconti Lincei. Scienze Fisiche e Naturali. 2022; 33:527-536.
14. Hayta EN, Ertelt MJ, Kretschmer M, Leileg O. Bacterial materials: Applications of natural and modified biofilms. Adv Mater Interfaces 2021; 21:2101024.
15. Dincer S, Uslu FM, Delik A. Antibiotic resistance in biofilm. Bact Biofilms IntechOpen; 2020.
16. Carrascosa C, Raheem D, Ramos F, Saraiva A, Raposo A. Microbial biofilms in the food industry—A comprehensive review. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2021;18:1-31.
17. Mahendran R, Ramanan KR, Barba FJ, Lorenzo JM, López-Fernández O, Munekata PE, et al. Recent advances in the application of pulsed light processing for improving food safety and increasing shelf life. Trends Food Sci Technol 2019;88:67-79.
18. Cacciatore FA, Brandelli A, Malheiros PD. Combining natural antimicrobials and nanotechnology for disinfecting food surfaces and control microbial biofilm formation. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 2021;61:3771-3782.
19. Wu B, Miraghaee S, Handa S, Gallou F. Nanoparticles for catalysis in aqueous media. Curr Opin Green Sustainable Chem 2022; 38:100691.
20. Sana SS, Li H, Zhang Z, Sharma M, Usmani Z, Hou T, et al. Recent advances in essential oils-based metal nanoparticles: A review on recent developments and biopharmaceutical applications. J Mol Liq 2021;333:115951.
21. Sultan M, Abdelhakim AA, Nassar M, Hassan YR. Active packaging of chitosan film modified with basil oil encapsulated in silica nanoparticles as an alternate for plastic packaging materials. Food Biosci 2022, 51:102298.
22. Tian B, Liu Y. Antibacterial applications and safety issues of silica‐based materials: A review. Int J Appl Ceram Technol 2021;18:289-301.
23. Huang Y, Li P, Zhao R, Zhao L, Liu J, Peng S, et al. Silica nanoparticles: Biomedical applications and toxicity. Biomed Pharmacother 2022;151:113053.
24. Iraji S, Ganji F, Rashidi L. Surface modified mesoporous silica nanoparticles as sustained-release gallic acid nano-carriers. J Drug Delivery Sci Technol 2018;47:468-476.
25. Qi M, Chi M, Sun X, Xie X, Weir MD, Oates TW, et al. Novel nanomaterial-based antibacterial photodynamic therapies to combat oral bacterial biofilms and infectious diseases. Int J Nanomedicine 2019;14:6937-6956.
26. Tortuel D, Tahrioui A, Rodrigues S, Cambronel M, Boukerb AM, et al. Activation of the cell wall stress response in Pseudomonas aeruginosa infected by a Pf4 phage variant. Microorganisms 2020;8:1-20.
27. Zulfiqar U, Subhani T, Wilayat Husain S. Synthesis of silica nanoparticles from sodium silicate under alkaline conditions. J Sol-Gel Sci Technol 2016;77:753-758.
28. Parvekar P, Palaskar J, Metgud S, Maria R, Dutta S. The minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) and minimum bactericidal concentration (MBC) of silver nanoparticles against Staphylococcus aureus. Biomater Invest Dent 2020;7:105-109.
29. Ahmed F, Mirani ZA, Ahmed A, Urooj S, Khan FZ, Siddiqi A, et al. Nanotubes formation in P. aeruginosa. Cells 2022;11:1-18.
30. Luo A, Wang F, Sun D, Liu X, Xin B. Formation, development, and cross-species interactions in biofilms. Front Microbiol 2022;12:1-12.
31. Trubenová B, Roizman D, Moter A, Rolff J, Regoes RR. Population genetics, biofilm recalcitrance, and antibiotic resistance evolution. Trends Microbiol 2022;30:841-852.
32. Flemming HC, van Hullebusch ED, Neu TR, Nielsen PH, Seviour T, Stoodley P, et al. The biofilm matrix: Multitasking in a shared space. Nat Rev Microbiol 2023; 21:70-86.
33. Rather MA, Gupta K, Bardhan P, Borah M, Sarkar A, Eldiehy KS, et al. Microbial biofilm: A matter of grave concern for human health and food industry. J Basic Microbiol 2021;61:380-395.
34. Smirnov NA, Kudryashov SI, Nastulyavichus AA, Rudenko AA, Saraeva IN, et al. Antibacterial properties of silicon nanoparticles. Laser Phys Lett 2018;15:105602.
35. Khan J, Tarar SM, Gul I, Nawaz U, Arshad M. Challenges of antibiotic resistance biofilms and potential combating strategies: A review. 3 Biotech 2021;11:1-15.
36. Mirani ZA, Urooj S, Khan MN, Khan AB, Shaikh IA, Siddiqui A. An effective weapon against biofilm consortia and small colony variants of MRSA. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2020;23:1494-1498.
37. Ullah A, Yin X, Wang F, Xu B, Mirani ZA, Xu B, et al. Biosynthesis of selenium nanoparticles (via Bacillus subtilis bsn313), and their isolation, characterization, and bioactivities. Molecules 2021;26:1-18.
38. Tian B, Liu Y, Chen D. Adhesion behavior of silica nanoparticles with bacteria: Spectroscopy measurements based on kinetics, and molecular docking. J Mol Liq 2021;343:117651.
39. Mirani ZA, Khan MN, Siddiqui A, Khan F, Aziz M, Naz S, et al. Ascorbic acid augments colony spreading by reducing biofilm formation of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2018;21:175-180.
40. Mirani ZA, Naz S, Khan F, Aziz M, Khan MN, Khan SI. Antibacterial fatty acids destabilize hydrophobic and multicellular aggregates of biofilm in Staphylococcus aureus. Antibiotics 2017;70:115-121.
41. Witten J, Ribbeck K. The particle in the spider’s web: transport through biological hydrogels. Nanoscale 2017;9:8080-8095.
42. Pratten J, Barnett P, Wilson M. Composition and susceptibility to chlorhexidine of multispecies biofilms of oral bacteria. Appl Environ Microbiol 1998;64:3515-3519.
43. Adeyeye SA, Ashaolu TJ. Applications of nano‐materials in food packaging: A review. J Food Process Eng 2021;44:e13708.
44. Winkler HC, Suter M, Naegeli H. Critical review of the safety assessment of nano-structured silica additives in food. J Nanobiotechnology 2016;14:1-9.
45. Akhidime ID, Saubade F, Benson PS, Butler JA, Olivier S, Kelly P, et al. The antimicrobial effect of metal substrates on food pathogens. Food Bioprod Process 2019;113:68-76.