1. Xu L, Li Y, Dai Y, Peng J. Natural products for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus: Pharmacology and mechanisms. Pharmacol Res 2018;130:451-465.
2. Oguntibeju OO. Type 2 diabetes mellitus, oxidative stress and inflammation: Examining the links. Int J Physiol Pathophysiol Pharmacol 2019;11:45-63.
3. Pourabbasi A, Tehrani-Doost M, Ebrahimi Qavam S, Larijani B. Evaluation of the correlation between type 1 diabetes and cognitive function in children and adolescents, and comparison of this correlation with structural changes in the central nervous system: a study protocol. BMJ Open 2016;6:e007917.
4. Klagenberg KF, Zeigelboim BS, Jurkiewicz AL, Martins-Bassetto J. Vestibulocochlear manifestations in patients with type I diabetes mellitus. Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 2007; 73:353-358.
5. Sherif RN. Effect of cerebrolysin on the cerebellum of diabetic rats: An imunohistochemical study. Tissue Cell 2017; 49:726-733.
6. Keshvari M, Rahmati M, Mirnasouri R, Chehelcheraghi F. Effects of endurance exercise and Urtica dioica on the functional, histological and molecular aspects of the hippocampus in STZ-Induced diabetic rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2020; 256:112801.
7. Deng CK, Mu ZH, Miao YH, Liu YD, Zhou L, Huang YJ, et al. Gastrodin ameliorates motor learning deficits through preserving cerebellar long-term depression pathways in diabetic rats. Front Neurosci 2019; 13:1239.
8. Kim OY, Song J. The importance of BDNF and RAGE in diabetes-induced dementia. Pharmacol Res 2020; 160:105083.
9. Biessels GJ, Kappelle AC, Bravenboer B, Erkelens DW, Gispen WH. Cerebral function in diabetes mellitus. Diabetologia 1994; 37:643-650.
10. Hasanein P, Emamjomeh A, Chenarani N, Bohlooli M. Beneficial effects of rutin in diabetes-induced deficits in acquisition learning, retention memory and pain perception in rats. Nutr Neurosci 2020; 23:563-574.
11. Holmes G. The cerebellum of man. Brain 1939; 62:1-30.
12. Vandervert L. The prominent role of the cerebellum in the social learning of the phonological loop in working memory: How language was adaptively built from cerebellar inner speech required during stone-tool making. AIMS Neurosci 2020;7:333-343.
13. El-Shamayleh Y, Kojima Y, Soetedjo R, Horwitz GD. Selective optogenetic control of purkinje cells in monkey cerebellum. Neuron 2017; 95:51-62.e4.
14. Zhang C, Zhu Q, Hua T. Aging of cerebellar Purkinje cells. Cell Tissue Res 2010;341:341-347.
15. Rueda-Alaña E, García-Moreno F. Time in neurogenesis: conservation of the developmental formation of the cerebellar circuitry. Brain Behav Evol 2022; 97:33-47.
16. van der Heijden ME, Sillitoe RV. Interactions between purkinje cells and granule cells coordinate the development of functional cerebellar circuits. Neuroscience 2021; 462:4-21.
17. Baptista FI, Pinto MJ, Elvas F, Almeida RD, Ambrósio AF. Diabetes alters KIF1A and KIF5B motor proteins in the hippocampus. PLoS One 2013;8:e65515.
18. Hayashi K, Kojima R, Ito M. Strain differences in the diabetogenic activity of streptozotocin in mice. Biol Pharm Bull 2006; 29:1110-1119.
19. Soleymaninejad M, Joursaraei SG, Feizi F, Jafari Anarkooli I. The effects of lycopene and insulin on histological changes and the expression level of Bcl-2 family genes in the hippocampus of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Diabetes Res 2017; 2017:4650939.
20. Snyder JM, Radaelli E, Goeken A, Businga T, Boyden AW, Karandikar NJ, Gibson-Corley KN. Perfusion with 10% neutral-buffered formalin is equivalent to 4% paraformaldehyde for histopathology and immunohistochemistry in a mouse model of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Vet Pathol 2022; 59:498-505.
21. Olopade FE, Femi-Akinlosotu O, Adekanmbi AJ, Ajani S, Shokunbi MT. Neurobehavioural changes and morphological study of cerebellar purkinje cells in kaolin induced hydrocephalus. Anat Sci Int 2021;96:87-96.
22. Faizal M, Khan AA. Effect of experimentally-induced diabetes on the cerebellum of albino rats: a histological and histomorphometric study. British J Med Health Res 2017; 4:10-25.
23. Khaksary Mahabady M, Erfani Majd N, Bahrami Tapehbour M, Mazaheri Y. Evaluating the effects of aloe vera gel on cerebellum histomorphometrical changes in diabetic male rats. Zahedan J Res Med Sci 2021; 23:e102483.
24. Karami A, Zabihollah K. [Study of the effect of Panax ginseng extract on histomorphometric changes on cerebrum and cerebellum in 14 days offsprings rat from diabetic mothers]. JSSU 2018; 26:164-176.
25. Ma Q, Guo Y, Sun L, Zhuang Y. Anti-diabetic effects of phenolic extract from rambutan peels (Nephelium lappaceum) in high-fat diet and streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice. Nutrients 2017;9:801.
26. Taheri A, Rohani H, Habibi A. The effect of endurance exercise training on the expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and nerve growth factor (ngf) genes of the cerebellum in diabetic rat. Iran J Diabetes Obes 2019; 11: 233-240.
27. Arabzadeh E, Shirvani H, Ebadi Zahmatkesh M, Riyahi Malayeri S, Meftahi GH, Rostamkhani F. Irisin/FNDC5 influences myogenic markers on skeletal muscle following high and moderate-intensity exercise training in STZ-diabetic rats. 3 Biotech 2022;12:193.
28. Appell CR. The effect of ginger root (Zingiber officinale) supplementation on skeletal muscle in type 2 diabetes mellitus rodent model. Thesis for Degree of Master of Science. Faculty of Texas Tech University. 2021.
29. Lu XY, Huang S, Chen QB, Zhang D, Li W, Ao R, et al. Metformin ameliorates Aβ pathology by insulin-degrading enzyme in a transgenic mouse model of alzheimer’s disease. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020 ; 2020:2315106.
30. Tamura Y, Fujito H, Kawao N, Kaji H. Vitamin D deficiency aggravates diabetes-induced muscle wasting in female mice. Diabetol Int 2016;8:52-58.