1. Doeing DC, Solway J. Airway smooth muscle in the pathophysiology and treatment of asthma. J Appl Physiol 2013; 114:834-843.
2. Murdoch JR, Lloyd CM. Chronic inflammation and asthma. Mutat Res 2010; 690:24-39.
3. Xu J, Meng Y, Jia M, Jiang J, Yang Y, Ou Y, et al. Epithelial expression and role of secreted STC1 on asthma airway hyperresponsiveness through calcium channel modulation. Allergy 2021; 76:2475-2487.
4. GBD 2015 Chronic Respiratory Disease Collaborators. Global, regional, and national deaths, prevalence, disability-adjusted life years, and years lived with disability for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma, 1990-2015: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015. Lancet Respir Med 2017; 5:691-706.
5. van Brakel L, Mensink RP, Wesseling G, Plat J. Nutritional interventions to improve asthma-related outcomes through immunomodulation: A systematic review. Nutrients 2020; 12:3839-3862.
6. Bianco A, Contoli M, Di Marco F, Saverio Mennini F, Papi A, participants of the regional m. As-needed anti-inflammatory reliever therapy for asthma management: evidence and practical considerations. Clin Exp Allergy 2021; 51:873-882.
7. Bateman ED, Hurd SS, Barnes PJ, Bousquet J, Drazen JM, FitzGerald JM, et al. Global strategy for asthma management and prevention: GINA executive summary. Eur Respir J 2008; 31:143-178.
8. Maslan J, Mims JW. What is asthma? Pathophysiology, demographics, and health care costs. Otolaryngol Clin North Am 2014; 47:13-22.
9. Li J, Cao F, Yin HL, Huang ZJ, Lin ZT, Mao N, et al. Ferroptosis: past, present and future. Cell Death Dis 2020; 11:88-100.
10. Mao H, Zhao Y, Li H, Lei L. Ferroptosis as an emerging target in inflammatory diseases. Prog Biophys Mol Biol 2020; 155:20-28.
11. Sun Y, Chen P, Zhai B, Zhang M, Xiang Y, Fang J, et al. The emerging role of ferroptosis in inflammation. Biomed Pharmacother 2020; 127:110108.
12. Li Y, Feng D, Wang Z, Zhao Y, Sun R, Tian D, et al. Ischemia-induced ACSL4 activation contributes to ferroptosis-mediated tissue injury in intestinal ischemia/reperfusion. Cell Death Differ 2019; 26:2284-2299.
13. Li C, Deng X, Xie X, Liu Y, Friedmann Angeli JP, Lai L. Activation of glutathione peroxidase 4 as a novel anti-inflammatory strategy. Front Pharmacol 2018; 9:1120-1131.
14. Stockwell BR, Friedmann Angeli JP, Bayir H, Bush AI, Conrad M, Dixon SJ, et al. Ferroptosis: A regulated cell death nexus linking metabolism, redox biology, and disease. Cell 2017; 171:273-285.
15. Qi J, Kim JW, Zhou Z, Lim CW, Kim B. Ferroptosis affects the progression of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis via the modulation of lipid peroxidation-mediated cell death in mice. Am J Pathol 2020; 190:68-81.
16. Yao X, Sun K, Yu S, Luo J, Guo J, Lin J, et al. Chondrocyte ferroptosis contribute to the progression of osteoarthritis. J Orthop Translat 2021; 27:33-43.
17. Chen Y, Zhang P, Chen W, Chen G. Ferroptosis mediated DSS-induced ulcerative colitis associated with Nrf2/HO-1 signaling pathway. Immunol Lett 2020; 225:9-15.
18. Bao C, Liu C, Liu Q, Hua L, Hu J, Li Z, et al. Liproxstatin-1 alleviates LPS/IL-13-induced bronchial epithelial cell injury and neutrophilic asthma in mice by inhibiting ferroptosis. Int Immunopharmacol 2022; 109:108770.
19. Zeng Z, Huang H, Zhang J, Liu Y, Zhong W, Chen W, et al. HDM induce airway epithelial cell ferroptosis and promote inflammation by activating ferritinophagy in asthma. FASEB J 2022; 36:e22359.
20. Wang P, Shang E, Fan X. Effect of San’ao decoction with scorpio and bombyx batryticatus on CVA mice model via airway inflammation and regulation of TRPA1/TRPV1/TRPV5 channels. J Ethnopharmacol 2021; 264:113342.
21. Kyungjin L, Bumjung K, Youngmin B, Hyejin J, Meixiang S, Minwoo K, et al. Review on the characteristics of liver-pacifying medicinal in relation to the treatment of stroke: from scientific evidence to traditional medical theory. J Tradit Chin Med 2018; 38:139-150.
22. Liu DY, Zhao HM, Cheng SM, Rao Y, Huang XY, Zuo ZQ, et al. Scorpio and scolopendra attenuate inflammation and articular damage in rats with collagen-induced arthritis. J Ethnopharmacol 2012; 141:603-607.
23. Tang B, Shi K, Fang H, Wu Y. Clinical efficacy of scorpion and centipede granule in the treatment of refractory asthma. Tianjin J Tradit Chin Med 2019; 36:49-52.
24. Tang B, Wu Y, Fang H, Wu Y, Shi K. Small RNA sequencing reveals exosomal mirnas involved in the treatment of asthma by scorpio and centipede. Biomed Res Int 2020; 2020:1061407.
25. Kianmeher M, Ghorani V, Boskabady MH. Animal model of asthma, various methods and measured parameters: A methodological review. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 2016; 15:445-465.
26. Liu P, Feng Y, Li H, Chen X, Wang G, Xu S, et al. Ferrostatin-1 alleviates lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury via inhibiting ferroptosis. Cell Mol Biol Lett 2020; 25:10-23.
27. Li Y, Cao Y, Xiao J, Shang J, Tan Q, Ping F, et al. Inhibitor of apoptosis-stimulating protein of p53 inhibits ferroptosis and alleviates intestinal ischemia/reperfusion-induced acute lung injury. Cell Death Differ 2020; 27:2635-2650.
28. Wang W, Yao Q, Teng F, Cui J, Dong J, Wei Y. Active ingredients from Chinese medicine plants as therapeutic strategies for asthma: Overview and challenges. Biomed Pharmacother 2021; 137:111383.
29. Jiao H, Yang H, Yan Z, Chen J, Xu M, Jiang Y, et al. Traditional Chinese formula xiaoyaosan alleviates depressive-like behavior in CUMS mice by regulating PEBP1-GPX4-Mediated ferroptosis in the hippocampus. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 2021; 17:1001-1019.
30. Luo L, Mo G, Huang D. Ferroptosis in hepatic ischemiareperfusion injury: Regulatory mechanisms and new methods for therapy (Review). Mol Med Rep 2021; 23:225.
31. Xu W, Deng H, Hu S, Zhang Y, Zheng L, Liu M, et al. Role of ferroptosis in lung diseases. J Inflamm Res 2021; 14:2079-2090.
32. Wang Y, Liao S, Pan Z, Jiang S, Fan J, Yu S, et al. Hydrogen sulfide alleviates particulate matter-induced emphysema and airway inflammation by suppressing ferroptosis. Free Radic Biol Med 2022; 186:1-16.
33. Li J, Lu K, Sun F, Tan S, Zhang X, Sheng W, et al. Panaxydol attenuates ferroptosis against LPS-induced acute lung injury in mice by Keap1-Nrf2/HO-1 pathway. J Transl Med 2021; 19:96-109.
34. Han F, Li S, Yang Y, Bai Z. Interleukin-6 promotes ferroptosis in bronchial epithelial cells by inducing reactive oxygen species-dependent lipid peroxidation and disrupting iron homeostasis. Bioengineered 2021; 12:5279-5288.
35. Lambrecht BN, Hammad H. The immunology of asthma. Nat Immunol 2015; 16:45-56.
36. Georas SN, Rezaee F. Epithelial barrier function: At the front line of asthma immunology and allergic airway inflammation. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2014; 134:509-520.
37. Benayoun L, Druilhe A, Dombret MC, Aubier M, Pretolani M. Airway structural alterations selectively associated with severe asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2003; 167:1360-1368.
38. Zhou LF, Chen QZ, Yang CT, Fu ZD, Zhao ST, Chen Y, et al. TRPC6 contributes to LPS-induced inflammation through ERK1/2 and p38 pathways in bronchial epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 2018; 314:C278-C288.