1. Ozturk G, Ginis Z, Kurt SN, Albayrak A, Bilen S, Fadillioglu E. Effect of alpha lipoic acid on ifosfamide-induced central neurotoxicity in rats. Int J Neurosci 2014; 124:110-116.
2. Zajączkowska R, Kocot-Kępska M, Leppert W, Wrzosek A, Mika J, Wordliczek J. Mechanisms of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy. Int J Mol Sci 2019; 20:1451-1479.
3. Ginis Z, Ozturk G, Albayrak A, Kurt SN, Albayrak M, Fadillioglu E. Protective effects of caffeic acid phenethyl ester on ifosfamide-induced central neurotoxicity in rats. Toxicol Ind Health 2016; 32:337-343.
4. Dobrek L, Nalik-Iwaniak K, Fic K, Arent Z. The effect of acetylcysteine on renal function in experimental models of cyclophosphamide-And ifosfamide-induced cystitis. Curr Urol 2020; 14:150-162.
5. El-Gendy HF, Tahoun EA, Elfert AY, Mady R. Trial for decreasing ifosfamide-induced hematological toxicity, oxidative stress, inflammation, and hepatotoxicity by beetroot extract in male albino rats. Comp Clin Pathol 2022; 31:699-712.
6. Lowenberg D, Thorn CF, Desta Z, Flockhart DA, Altman RB, Klein TE. PharmGKB summary: Ifosfamide pathways, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. Pharmacogenet Genomics 2014; 24:133-138.
7. Zaki EL, Springate JE, Taub M. Comparative toxicity of ifosfamide metabolites and protective effect of mesna and amifostine in cultured renal tubule cells. Toxicol In Vitro 2003; 17:397-402.
8. Ileriturk M, Benzer F, Aksu EH, Yildirim S, Kandemir FM, Dogan T, et al. Chrysin protects against testicular toxicity caused by lead acetate in rats with its anti-oxidant, anti‐inflammatory, and antiapoptotic properties. J Food Biochem 2021; 45:e13593.
9. Varışlı B, Caglayan C, Kandemir FM, Gür C, Bayav İ, Genç A. The impact of Nrf2/HO-1, caspase-3/Bax/Bcl2 and ATF6/IRE1/PERK/GRP78 signaling pathways in the ameliorative effects of morin against methotrexate-induced testicular toxicity in rats. Mol Biol Rep 2022; 49:9641-9649.
10. Kuzu M, Yıldırım S, Kandemir FM, Küçükler S, Çağlayan C, Türk E, et al. Protective effect of morin on doxorubicin-induced hepatorenal toxicity in rats. Chem Biol Interact 2019; 308:89-100.
11. Ijaz MU, Shahzadi S, Zahra Z, Samad A, Ehsan N, Afsar T, et al. Ameliorative effects of morin on cisplatin-induced toxicity in renal mitochondria isolated from rats. J King Saud Univ Sci 2021; 33:101655.
12. Gur C, Kandemir FM, Caglayan C, Satıcı E. Chemopreventive effects of hesperidin against paclitaxel-induced hepatotoxicity and nephrotoxicity via amendment of Nrf2/HO-1 and caspase-3/Bax/Bcl-2 signaling pathways. Chem Biol Interact 2022; 365:110073.
13. Semis HS, Gur C, Ileriturk M, Kandemir FM, Kaynar O. Evaluation of therapeutic effects of quercetin against Achilles tendinopathy in rats via oxidative stress, inflammation, apoptosis, autophagy, and metalloproteinases. Am J Sports Med 2022; 50:486-498.
14. Gur C, Kandemir FM, Darendelioglu E, Caglayan C, Kucukler S, Kandemir O, et al. Morin protects against acrylamide-induced neurotoxicity in rats: An investigation into different signal pathways. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 2021; 28:49808-49819.
15. Gur C, Kandemir O, Kandemir FM. Investigation of the effects of hesperidin administration on abamectin‐induced testicular toxicity in rats through oxidative stress, endoplasmic reticulum stress, inflammation, apoptosis, autophagy, and JAK2/STAT3 pathways. Environ Toxicol 2022; 37:401-412.
16. Shahin NN, Mohamed MM. Nano-sized titanium dioxide toxicity in rat prostate and testis: Possible ameliorative effect of morin. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2017; 334:129-141.
17. Kuzu M, Kandemir FM, Yildirim S, Kucukler S, Caglayan C, Turk E. Morin attenuates doxorubicin-induced heart and brain damage by reducing oxidative stress, inflammation and apoptosis. Biomed Pharmacother 2018; 106:443-453.
18. Olayinka ET, Ore A, Adeyemo OA, Ola OS. The role of flavonoid anti-oxidant, morin in improving procarbazine-induced oxidative stress on testicular function in rat. Porto Biomed J 2019; 4:28-35.
19. Veerappan I, Sankareswaran SK, Palanisamy R. Morin protects human respiratory cells from PM2. 5 induced genotoxicity by mitigating ROS and reverting altered miRNA expression. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2019; 16:2389-2408.
20. Kapoor R, Kakkar P. Protective role of morin, a flavonoid, against high glucose induced oxidative stress mediated apoptosis in primary rat hepatocytes. PLoS One 2012;7:e41663-e41673.
21. Venkatesan R, Sadiq AM, Kumar JS, Lakshmi GR, Vidhya R. Effect of morin on mercury chloride induced nephrotoxicity. Ecoscan 2010; 4:193-196.
22. Placer ZA, Cushman LL, Johnson BC. Estimation of product of lipid peroxidation (malonyl dialdehyde) in biochemical systems. Anal Biochem 1966; 16:359-364.
23. Sedlak J, Lindsay RH. Estimation of total, protein-bound, and nonprotein sulfhydryl groups in tissue with Ellman’s reagent. Anal Biochem 1968; 25:192-205.
24. Aebi H. Catalase in vitro. Methods Enzymol 1984;105:121-126.
25. Matkovics B. Determination of enzyme activity in lipid peroxidation and glutathione pathways. Laboratoriumi Diagnosztika 1988; 15:248-250.
26. Sun Y, Oberley LW, Li Y. A simple method for clinical assay of superoxide dismutase. Clin Chem 1988; 34:497-500.
27. Lowry OH. Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagent. J Biol Chem 1951; 193:265-275.
28. Livak KJ, Schmittgen TD. Analysis of relative gene expression data using real-time quantitative PCR and the 2-ΔΔCT method. Methods 2001; 25:402-408.
29. Dere E, Anderson LM, Hwang K, Boekelheide K. Biomarkers of chemotherapy-induced testicular damage. Fertil Steril 2013; 100:1192-1202.
30. Kucukler S, Benzer F, Yildirim S, Gur C, Kandemir FM, Bengu AS, et al. Protective effects of chrysin against oxidative stress and inflammation induced by lead acetate in rat kidneys: a biochemical and histopathological approach. Biol Trace Elem Res 2021; 199:1501-1514.
31. Çelik H, Kucukler S, Çomaklı S, Özdemir S, Caglayan C, Yardım A, et al. Morin attenuates ifosfamide-induced neurotoxicity in rats via suppression of oxidative stress, neuroinflammation and neuronal apoptosis. Neurotoxicology 2020; 76:126-137.
32. Gür C, Genç A, Kandemir Ö. Ratlarda Deltametrin’in Neden Olduğu Dalak Toksisitesine Karşı Rutin’in Potansiyel Koruyucu Etkilerinin Oksidatif Stres, Apoptoz ve İnflamasyon Belirteçleri Üzerinden Araştırılması. Vet Sci Pract 2022; 17:6-10.
33. Gür C, Kandemir Ö, Kandemir FM. Ratlarda diklofenak ile indüklenen kardiyotoksisite üzerine krisinin etkilerinin oksidatif stres, endoplazmik retikulum stresi ve apoptoz belirteçleri ile değerlendirilmesi. Kocatepe Vet J 2022; 15:151-160.
34. Arisha AH, Ahmed MM, Kamel MA, Attia YA, Hussein M. Morin ameliorates the testicular apoptosis, oxidative stress, and impact on blood-testis barrier induced by photo-extracellularly synthesized silver nanoparticles. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 2019; 26:28749-28762.
35. Negm WA, El-Kadem AH, Hussein IA, Alqahtani MJ. The mechanistic perspective of bilobetin protective effects against cisplatin-induced testicular toxicity: Role of Nrf-2/Keap-1 signaling, inflammation, and apoptosis. Biomedicines 2022; 10:1134-1150.
36. Gur C, Kandemir FM. Molecular and biochemical investigation of the protective effects of rutin against liver and kidney toxicity caused by malathion administration in a rat model. Environ Toxicol 2023;38:555-565.
37. Yardim A, Gur C, Comakli S, Ozdemir S, Kucukler S, Celik H, et al. Investigation of the effects of berberine on bortezomib-induced sciatic nerve and spinal cord damage in rats through pathways involved in oxidative stress and neuro-inflammation. Neurotoxicology 2022; 89:127-139.
38. Ileriturk M, Kandemir O, Kandemir FM. Evaluation of protective effects of quercetin against cypermethrin‐induced lung toxicity in rats via oxidative stress, inflammation, apoptosis, autophagy, and endoplasmic reticulum stress pathway. Environ Toxicol 2022; 37:2639-2650.
39. Amanat S, Shal B, Seo EK, Ali H, Khan S. Icariin attenuates cyclophosphamide-induced cystitis via down-regulation of NF-кB and up-regulation of Nrf-2/HO-1 signaling pathways in mice model. Int Immunopharmacol 2022; 106:108604-108626.
40. Ahmed SA, Mohammed WI. Carvedilol induces the antiapoptotic proteins Nrf2 and Bcl2 and inhibits cellular apoptosis in aluminum-induced testicular toxicity in male Wistar rats. Biomed Pharmacother 2021; 139:111594-111602.
41. Wu Y, Wang J, Zhao T, Wei Y, Han L, Shen L, et al. LncRNAs activate longevity regulation pathway due to aging of Leydig cells caused by DEHP exposure: A transcriptome-based study. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 2021; 209:111798-111808.
42. Kumar J, Verma R, Haldar C. Melatonin ameliorates Bisphenol S induced testicular damages by modulating Nrf‐2/HO‐1 and SIRT‐1/FOXO‐1 expressions. Environ Toxicol 2021; 36:396-407.
43. Kumar J, Haldar C, Verma R. Fluoride compromises testicular redox sensor, gap junction protein, and metabolic status: amelioration by melatonin. Biol Trace Elem Res 2020; 196:552-564.
44. Subash P, Gurumurthy P, Sarasabharathi A, Cherian K. Urinary 8-OHdG: A marker of oxidative stress to DNA and total anti-oxidant status in essential hypertension with South Indian population. Indian J Clin Biochem 2010; 25:127-132.
45. Abdel-Daim MM, Abo El-Ela FI, Alshahrani FK, Bin-Jumah M, Al-Zharani M, Almutairi B, et al. Protective effects of thymoquinone against acrylamide-induced liver, kidney and brain oxidative damage in rats. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 2020; 27:37709-37717.
46. Semis HS, Gur C, Ileriturk M, Kaynar O, Kandemir FM. Investigation of the anti-inflammatory effects of caffeic acid phenethyl ester in a model of λ-Carrageenan-induced paw edema in rats. Hum Exp Toxicol 2021; 40:S721-S738.
47. Kandemir FM, Caglayan C, Aksu EH, Yildirim S, Kucukler S, Gur C, et al. Protective effect of rutin on mercuric chloride‐induced reproductive damage in male rats. Andrologia 2020; 52:e13524.
48. Yesildag K, Gur C, Ileriturk M, Kandemir FM. Evaluation of oxidative stress, inflammation, apoptosis, oxidative DNA damage and metalloproteinases in the lungs of rats treated with cadmium and carvacrol. Mol Biol Rep 2022; 49:1201-1211.
49. Mousa AM, Allemailem KS, Alhumaydhi FA, Alrumaihi F, Almatroudi A, Alwashmi AS, et al. Could mesna and celery seed cotherapy modulate oxidative stress and inflammation of the urinary bladder induced by ifosfamide in rabbits? J Inflamm Res 2021; 14:5837-5847.
50. Rana S. Endoplasmic reticulum stress induced by toxic elements-a review of recent developments. Biol Trace Elem Res 2020; 196:10-19.
51. Yardim A, Kandemir FM, Ozdemir S, Kucukler S, Comakli S, Gur C, et al. Quercetin provides protection against the peripheral nerve damage caused by vincristine in rats by suppressing caspase 3, NF-κB, ATF-6 pathways and activating Nrf2, Akt pathways. Neurotoxicology 2020; 81:137-146.
52. Celik H, Kucukler S, Ozdemir S, Comakli S, Gur C, Kandemir FM, et al. Lycopene protects against central and peripheral neuropathy by inhibiting oxaliplatin-induced ATF-6 pathway, apoptosis, inflammation and oxidative stress in brains and sciatic tissues of rats. Neurotoxicology 2020; 80:29-40.
53. Foufelle F, Fromenty B. Role of endoplasmic reticulum stress in drug‐induced toxicity. Pharmacol Res Perspect 2016; 4:e00211-00238.
54. Zhang S, Jiang C, Liu H, Guan Z, Zeng Q, Zhang C, et al. Fluoride-elicited developmental testicular toxicity in rats: roles of endoplasmic reticulum stress and inflammatory response. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2013; 271:206-215.
55. Ham J, Lim W, You S, Song G. Butylated hydroxyanisole induces testicular dysfunction in mouse testis cells by dysregulating calcium homeostasis and stimulating endoplasmic reticulum stress. Sci Total Environ 2020; 702:134775.
56. Asgharzadeh F, Roshan-Milani S, Fard AA, Ahmadi K, Saboory E, Pourjabali M, et al. The protective effect of zinc on morphine-induced testicular toxicity via p53 and Akt pathways: An in vitro and in vivo approach. J Trace Elem Med Biol 2021; 67:126776.
57. Altındağ F, Meydan İ. Evaluation of protective effects of gallic acid on cisplatin‐induced testicular and epididymal damage. Andrologia 2021; 53:e14189.
58. Owumi SE, Ijadele AO, Arunsi UO, Odunola OA. Luteolin abates reproductive toxicity mediated by the oxido-inflammatory response in doxorubicin-treated rats. Toxicol Res Appl 2020; 4:1-16.
59. Caglayan C, Kandemir FM, Ayna A, Gür C, Küçükler S, Darendelioğlu E. Neuroprotective effects of 18β-glycyrrhetinic acid against bisphenol A-induced neurotoxicity in rats: involvement of neuronal apoptosis, endoplasmic reticulum stress and JAK1/STAT1 signaling pathway. Metab Brain Dis 2022; 37:1931-1940.
60. Li X, Meng F, Ye L, Qiao X, Li J, Tian L, et al. Tetramethyl bisphenol A stimulates proliferation but inhibits fetal Leydig cell function in male rats by targeting estrogen receptor α after in utero exposure. Environ Toxicol 2022; 37:2743-2755.
61. Yıldız MO, Çelik H, Caglayan C, Kandemir FM, Gür C, Bayav İ, et al. Neuromodulatory effects of hesperidin against sodium fluoride-induced neurotoxicity in rats: Involvement of neuroinflammation, endoplasmic reticulum stress, apoptosis and autophagy. Neurotoxicology 2022; 90:197-204.
62. Yan H, Li C, Zou C, Xin X, Li X, Li H, et al. Perfluoroundecanoic acid inhibits Leydig cell development in pubertal male rats via inducing oxidative stress and autophagy. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2021; 415:115440.
63. Ni C, Fang Y, Chen X, Wu K, Li H, Wang Y, et al. Stem Leydig cell regeneration in the adult rat testis is inhibited after a short-term triphenyltin exposure. Toxicol Lett 2019; 306:80-89.
64. Zhang Y, Jiang X, Zhang J, Xia Y, Qiu J, Wang T, et al. Heterozygous disruption of beclin 1 mitigates arsenite-induced neurobehavioral deficits via reshaping gut microbiota-brain axis. J Hazard Mater 2020; 398:122748.
65. Shi G-J, Zheng J, Han X-X, Jiang Y-P, Li Z-M, Wu J, et al. Lycium barbarum polysaccharide attenuates diabetic testicular dysfunction via inhibition of the PI3K/Akt pathway-mediated abnormal autophagy in male mice. Cell Tissue Res 2018; 374:653-666.
66. Zhou L, Lv M-Q, Ge P, Yang Y-Q, He D-L, Wang H-X, et al. The expression of Beclin-1 in testicular tissues of non-obstructive azoospermia patients and its predictive value in sperm retrieval rate. Transl Androl Urol 2021; 10:3267-3274.