1. Mills SEE, Nicolson KP, Smith BH. Chronic pain: A review of its epidemiology and associated factors in population-based studies. Br J Anaesth 2019; 123:273-283.
2. Sarzi-Puttini P, Giorgi V, Marotto D, Atzeni F. Fibromyalgia: An update on clinical characteristics, aetiopathogenesis and treatment. Nat Rev Rheumatol 2020; 16:645-660.
3. Galvez-Sanchez CM, Del Paso GAR. Diagnostic criteria for fibromyalgia: Critical review and future perspectives. J Clin Med 2020; 9:1219-1235.
4. Thorpe J, Shum B, Moore RA, Wiffen PJ, Gilron I. Combination pharmacotherapy for the treatment of fibromyalgia in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2018; 2:1-64.
5. Hsiao IH, Liao HY, Lin YW. Optogenetic modulation of electroacupuncture analgesia in a mouse inflammatory pain model. Sci Rep 2022; 12:9067-9080.
6. Hsiao IH, Lin YW. Electroacupuncture reduces fibromyalgia pain by attenuating the HMGB1, S100B, and TRPV1 signalling pathways in the mouse brain. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2022; 2022:1-13.
7. Hsu HC, Hsieh CL, Lee KT, Lin YW. Electroacupuncture reduces fibromyalgia pain by downregulating the TRPV1-pERK signalling pathway in the mouse brain. Acupunct Med 2020; 38:101-108.
8. Liao HY, Lin YW. Electroacupuncture reduces cold stress-induced pain through microglial inactivation and transient receptor potential V1 in mice. Chin Med 2021; 16:43-58.
9. Lin YW, Chou A IW, Su HX, Su KP. Transient receptor potential V1 (TRPV1) modulates the therapeutic effects for comorbidity of pain and depression: The common molecular implication for electroacupuncture and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. Brain Behav Immun 2020; 89:604-614.
10. Su KP. Nutrition, psychoneuroimmunology and depression: The therapeutic implications of omega-3 fatty acids in interferon-α-induced depression. Biomedicine (Taipei) 2015; 5:17-23.
11. Zheng CQ, Zhou TX. Effect of acupuncture on pain, fatigue, sleep, physical function, stiffness, well-Being, and safety in fibromyalgia: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Pain Res 2022; 15:315-329.
12. Gong YN, Li NC, Lv ZX, Zhang K, Zhang YF, Yang T, et al. The neuro-immune microenvironment of acupoints-initiation of acupuncture effectiveness. J Leukocyte Biol 2020; 108:189-198.
13. Pei XR, Song SJ, Li HT, Lu DB. Efficacy and safety of acupoint catgut embedding in treating postoperative pain of mixed hemorrhoids a randomized controlled trial protocol. Medicine 2021; 100:1-4.
14. Huang HY, Liao HY, Lin YW. Effects and mechanisms of electroacupuncture on chronic inflammatory pain and depression comorbidity in mice. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2020; 2020:1-10.
15. Inprasit C, Lin YW. TRPV1 responses in the cerebellum lobules V, VIa and VII using electroacupuncture treatment for inflammatory hyperalgesia in murine model. Int J Mol Sci 2020; 21:3312-3328.
16. Lottering B, Lin YW. TRPV1 responses in the cerebellum lobules VI, VII, VIII using electroacupuncture treatment for chronic pain and depression comorbidity in a murine model. Int J Mol Sci 2021; 22:5028-2047.
17. Lottering B, Lin YW. Functional characterization of nociceptive mechanisms involved in fibromyalgia and electroacupuncture. Brain Res 2021; 1755:147260-147273.
18. Inprasit C, Huang YC, Lin YW. Evidence for acupoint catgut embedding treatment and TRPV1 gene deletion increasing weight control in murine model. Int J Mol Med 2020; 45:779-792.
19. Kroenke K, Krebs EE, Bair MJ. Pharmacotherapy of chronic pain: A synthesis of recommendations from systematic reviews. Gen Hosp Psychiatry 2009; 31:206–219.
20. Vas J, Santos-Rey K, Navarro-Pablo R, Modesto M, Aguilar I, Campos MÁ, et al. Acupuncture for fibromyalgia in primary care: A randomised controlled trial. Acupunct Med 2016; 34:257–266.
21. Langhorst J, Klose P, Musial F, Irnich D, Hauser W. Efficacy of acupuncture in fibromyalgia syndrome–a systematic review with a meta-analysis of controlled clinical trials. Rheumatology 2010; 49:778–788.
22. Backryd E, Tanum L, Lind AL, Larsson A, Gordh T. Evidence of both systemic inflammation and neuroinflammation in fibromyalgia patients, as assessed by a multiplex protein panel applied to the cerebrospinal fluid and to plasma. J Pain Res 2017; 10:515-525.
23. Reveille JD. Biomarkers in axial spondyloarthritis and low back pain: A comprehensive review. Clin Rheumatol 2022; 41:617-634.
24. Cohen SP, Vase L, Hooten WM. Chronic pain: An update on burden, best practices, and new advances. Lancet 2021; 397:2082-2097.
25. Zhong G, Yin X, Li J, Li X, Zhang Q. Acupoint catgut embedding for chronic low back pain: A protocol for systematic review and meta-analysis. Medicine (Baltimore) 2022; 101:52-57.
26. Chen X, Huang W, Wei D, Zhao JP, Zhang W, Ding DG, et al. Effect of acupoint catgut embedding for middle-aged obesity: A multicentre, randomised, sham-controlled trial. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2022; 2022:1-19.
27. Chanya I, Huang YC, Lin YW. Evidence for acupoint catgut embedding treatment and TRPV1 gene deletion increasing weight control in murine model. Int J Mol Med 2020; 45:779-792.
28. Chen GZ, Xu YX, Zhang JW, Liu SH, Guo ZY. Effect of acupoint catgut-embedding on the quality of life, reproductive endocrine and bone metabolism of postmenopausal women. Chin J Integr Med 2010; 16:498-503.
29. Lu Y, Zhu HF, Wang Q, Tian C, Lai HH, Hou LY, et al. Comparative effectiveness of multiple acupuncture therapies for primary insomnia: A systematic review and network meta-analysis of randomized trial. Sleep Med 2022; 93:39-48.
30. Chen IJ, Yeh YH, Hsu CH. Therapeutic effect of acupoint catgut embedding in abdominally obese women: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. J Womens Health 2018; 27:782-790.
31. Zhang D, Song SL, Bian ZY, Huang Z. Clinical effect of catgut embedding plus warm needle moxibustion on improving inflammation and quality of life of knee osteoarthritis patients. Comput Math Method Med 2022; 2022:1-7.
32. Duan JY, Chen X, Wang YX, Zhao G, Li J, Gao Y, et al. Acupoint catgut embedding as adjunctive therapy for patients with gallstones. J Clin Gastroenterol 2022; 56:77-83.
33. Shi N, Zhao CL, Fang CL, Zhang DN, Zhou Z, Ouyang G. Effects of acupoint catgut embedding on the postmenopausal osteoporosis patients and related mechanism. Am J Transl Res 2021; 13:1789-1798.
34. Cho Y, Lee S, Kim J, Kang JW, Lee JD. Thread embedding acupuncture for musculoskeletal pain: A systematic review and meta-analysis protocol. Bmj Open 2018; 8:15461-15466.
35. Du KR, Wang X, Chi LT, Li WZ. Role of sigma-1 receptor/p38 MAPK inhibition in acupoint catgut embedding-mediated analgesic effects in complete freund’s adjuvant-induced inflammatory pain. Anesth Analg 2017; 125:662-669.
36. Cui WQ, Sun WS, Xu F, Hu XM, Yang W, Zhou Y, et al. Spinal serotonin 1A receptor contributes to the analgesia of acupoint catgut embedding by inhibiting phosphorylation of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor GluN1 subunit in complete freund’s adjuvant-induced inflammatory pain in rats. J Pain 2019; 20:16.e1-16.e16.