1. Chen CH, Chang MY, Lin YS, Lin DG, Chen SW, Chao PM. A herbal extract with acetyl-coenzyme A carboxylase inhibitory activity and its potential for treating metabolic syndrome. Metabolism 2009; 58:1297-1305.
2. Anagnostis P, Katsiki N, Adamidou F, Athyros VG, Karagiannis A, Kita M, et al. 11Beta-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 inhibitors: novel agents for the treatment of metabolic syndrome and obesity-related disorders? Metabolism 2013; 62:21-33.
3. Kim S, Jwa H, Yanagawa Y, Park T. Extract from Dioscorea batatas ameliorates insulin resistance in mice fed a high-fat diet. J Med Food 2012; 15:527-534.
4. Hong-Liang L, Wen-Ying Y, Jian-Zhong X, Rui-Qin D, Jing H, Lin P, et al. Do free fatty acids induce insulin resistance in alpha cells? Biosci Hypotheses 2009; 2:19-23.
5. Ragheb R, Shanab GML, Medhat AM, Seoudi DM, Adeli K, Fantus IG. Free fatty acid-induced muscle insulin resistance and glucose uptake dysfunction: Evidence for PKC activation and oxidative stress-activated signaling pathways. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2009; 389: 211-216.
6. Boden G. Obesity, insulin resistance and free fatty acids. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 2011; 18:139-143.
7. Ragheb R, Medhat AM, Shanab GML, Seoudi DM, IG Fantus. Links between enhanced fatty acid flux, protein kinase C and NFкB activation, and apoB–lipoprotein production in the fructose-fed hamster model of insulin resistance. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2008; 370:134-139.
8. Meshkani R, Adeli K. Hepatic insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease. Clin Biochem 2009; 42:1331-1346.
9. Yadav A, Kataria MA, Saini V. Role of leptin and adiponectin in insulin resistance. Clin Chim Acta 2013; 417:80-84.
10. Kim H-S, Hwang Y-C, Koo S-H, Park KS, Lee M-S, Kim K-W, et al. PPAR-Y activation increases insulin secretion through the up-regulation of the free fatty acid receptor GPR40 in pancreatic b-Cells. PLoS One 2013; 8:1-12.
11. Li RW, Theriault AG, Au K, Douglas TD, Casaschi A, Kurowska EM, et al. Citrus polymethoxylated flavones improve lipid and glucose homeostasis and modulate adipocytokines in fructose-induced insulin resistant hamsters. Life Sci 2006; 79:365-373.
12. Chen Y, Li Y, Wang Y, Wen Y, Sun C. Berberine improves free-fatty-acid-induced insulin resistance in L6 myotubes through inhibiting peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and fatty acid transferase expressions. Metabolism 2009; 58:1694-1702.
13. Misaghi A, Basti AA. Effects of Zataria multiflora Boiss. essential oil and nisin on Bacillus cereus ATCC 11778. Food Control 2007; 18:1043-1049.
14. Azizkhani M, Misaghi A, Basti AA, Gandomi H, Hosseini H. Effects of Zataria multiflora Boiss. essential oil on growth and gene expression of enterotoxins A, C and E in Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 29213. Int J Food Microbiol 2013; 163:159-165.
15. Sajed H, Sahebkar A, Iranshahi M. Zataria multiflora Boiss. (Shirazi thyme)--an ancient condiment with modern pharmaceutical uses. J Ethnopharmacol 2013; 145:686-698.
16. Azizkhani M, Misaghi A, Basti AA, Gandomi H, Hosseini H. Effects of Zataria multiflora Boiss. essential oil on growth and gene expression of enterotoxins A, C and E in Staphylococcus aureus.Int J Food Microbiol 2013; 163:159-165.
17. Gholamhoseinian A, Fallah H, Sharififar F, Mirtajaddini M. The inhibitory effect of some Iranian plants extracts on the alpha glucosidase. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2008;11:1-9.
18. Gholamhoseinian A, Fallah H, Sharififar F. Anti-hyperglycemic activity of four plants extracts effective against alpha glucosidase in normal and diabetic rats. J Kerman Univ Med Sci 2009; 16:35-44.
19. Kim KCaY-B. Molecular mechanism of insulin resistance in obesity and Type 2 diabetes. Korean J Intern Med 2010; 25.
20. Gholamhoseinian A, Fallah H, Sharifi far F. Inhibitory effect of methanol extract of Rosa damascena Mill. flowers on alpha-glucosidase activity and postprandial hyperglycemia in normal and diabetic rats. Phytomedicine 2009; 16:935-941.
21. Shih C-C, Lin C-H, Lin W-L, Jin-BinWu. Momordica charantia extract on insulin resistance and the skeletal muscle GLUT4 protein in fructose-fed rats J Ethnopharmacol 2009; 123:82-90.
22. Elrashidy RA, Asker ME, Mohamed HE. Pioglitazone attenuates cardiac fibrosis and hypertrophy in a rat model of diabetic nephropathy. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 2012; 17:324-333.
23. Kangani CO, Kelley DE, Delany JP. New method for GC/FID and GC-C-IRMS analysis of plasma free fatty acid concentration and isotopic enrichment. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 2008; 873:95-101.
24. Abdin AA, Baalash AA, Hamooda HE. Effects of rosiglitazone and aspirin on experimental model of induced type 2 diabetes in rats: focus on insulin resistance and inflammatory markers. J Diabetes Complications 2010; 24:168-178.
25. Ohnogi H, Hayami S, Kudo Y, Deguchi S, Mizutani S, Enoki T, et al. Angelica keiskei extract improves insulin resistance and hypertriglyceridemia in rats fed a high-fructose drink. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 2012; 76:928-932.
26. Naples M, Federico LM, Xu E, Nelken J, Adeli K. Effect of rosuvastatin on insulin sensitivity in an animal model of insulin resistance: evidence for statin-induced hepatic insulin sensitization. Atherosclerosis 2008; 198:94-103.
27. Han SH, Sakuma I, Shin EK, Koh KK. Antiatherosclerotic and anti-insulin resistance effects of adiponectin: basic and clinical studies. Prog Cardiovasc Dis 2009; 52:126-140.
28. Ziemke F, Mantzoros CS. Adiponectin in insulin resistance: lessons from translational research. Am J Clin Nutr 2010; 91:258S-261S.
29. Lee CY, Lee CH, Tsai S, Huang CT, Wu MT, Tai SY, et al. Association between serum leptin and adiponectin levels with risk of insulin resistance and impaired glucose tolerance in
non-diabetic women. Kaohsiung J Med Sci 2009; 25:116-125.
30. Monte SMdl, Pang M, Chaudhry R, Duan K, Lisa Longato, Carter J, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor agonist treatment of alcohol-induced hepatic insulin resistance. Hepatol Res 2011; 41:386-398.
31. Park JH, Lee SH, Chung M, Park1§ Y. Sorghum extract exerts an anti-diabetic effect by improving insulin sensitivity via PPAR-γ in mice fed a high-fat diet.Nutr Res Pract 2012; 6:322-327.
32. Yadav H, Jain S, Yadavb M, Sinha PR, Prasad GBKS, Marotta F. Epigenomic derangement of hepatic glucose metabolism by feeding of high fructose diet and its prevention by rosiglitazone in rats.Dig Liver Dis 2009; 41 500-508.
33. Li RW, Douglas TD, Maiyoh GK, Adeli K, Theriault AG. Green tea leaf extract improves lipid and glucose homeostasis in a fructose-fed insulin-resistant hamster model. J Ethnopharmacol 2006; 104:24-31.
34. Elmazar MM, El-Abhar HS, Schaalan MF, Farag NA. Phytol/Phytanic Acid and insulin resistance: potential role of phytanic Acid proven by docking simulation and modulation of biochemical alterations. PLoS One 2013; 8:e45638.
35. Sharma AK, Bharti S, Kumar R, Krishnamurthy B, Bhatia J, Kumari S, et al. Syzygium cumini ameliorates insulin resistance and beta-cell dysfunction via modulation of PPAR, dyslipidemia, oxidative stress, and TNF-alpha in type 2 diabetic rats. J Pharmacol Sci 2012; 119:205-213.