1. Salgado CM, Hernandes FL, Novoa JM. Glomerular nephrotoxicity of amino nucleosides. Toxicol Applied Pharmacol 2007; 223:86-98.
2. Balakumar P, Chakkarwar VA, Kumar V, Jain A, Reddy J, Singh M. Experimental models for nephropathy. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 2008; 9:189-195.
3. Geleilete TJ, Melo GC, Costa RS, Volpini RA, Soares TJ, Coimbra TM. Role of myofibroblasts, macrophages, transforming growth factor-beta, endothelin, angiotensin- II, and fibronectin in the progression of tubulointerstitial nephritis induced by gentamicin. J Nephrol 2002; 15:633-642.
4. Ali BH. Gentamicin nephrotoxicity in humans and animals: some recent research. Gen Pharmacol 1995; 26:1477-1487.
5. Bledsoe G, Crickman S, Mao J, Xia CF, Murakami H, Chao L, et al. Kallikrein/kinin protects against gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity by inhibition of inflammation and apoptosis. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2006; 21:624-633.
6. Balakumar P, Rohilla A, Thangathirupathi A. Gentamicin induced nephrotoxicity: Do we have a promising therapeutic approach to blunt it? Pharmacol Res 2010; 62:179-186.
7. Romero F, Perez M, Chavez M, Parra G, Durante P. Effect of uric acid on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats - role of matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 2009; 105:416-424.
8. Mysior M, Stefanczyk L. Doppler ultrasound criteria of physiological flow in asymmetrical vertebral arteries. Med Sci Monit 2007; 13(1):73-77.
9. Abdel-Naim AB, Abdel-Wahab MH, Attia FF. Protective effects of vitamin E and probucol against gentamicin induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Pharmacol Res 1999; 40:183-187.
10. Lakshmi BV, Neelima N, Kasthuri N, Umarani V, Sudhakar M. Protective effect of Bauhinia purpurea on gentamicin induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Indian J Pharm Sci 2009; 71:551-554.
11. Li J, Li QX, Xie XF, Ao Y, Tie CR, Song RJ. Differential roles of dihydropyridine calcium antagonist nifedipine, nitrendipine and amlodipine on gentamicin-induced renal tubular toxicity in rats. Eur J Pharmacol 2009; 620:97-104.
12. Kalayarasan S, Prabhu PN, Sriram N, Manikandan R, Arumugam M, Sudhandiran G. Diallyl sulfide enhances antioxidants and inhibits inflammation through the activation of Nrf2 against gentamicin induced nephrotoxicity in Wistar rats. Eur J Pharmacol 2009; 606:162-171.
13. Yaman I, Balikci E. Protective effects of Nigella sativa against gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Exp Toxicol Pathol 2010; 62:183-190.
14. Nitha B, Janardhanan KK. Aqueous-ethanolic extract of morel mushroom mycelium Morchella esculenta, protects cisplatin and gentamicin induced nephrotoxicity in mice. Food Chem Toxicol 2008; 46:3193-199.
15. Walker PD, Barri Y, Shah SV. Oxidant mechanisms in gentamicin nephrotoxicity. Ren Fail 1999; 21:433-42.
16. Lopez-Novoa JM, Quiros Y, Vicente L, Morales AI, Lopez-Hernandez FJ. New insights into the mechanism of aminoglycoside nephrotoxicity: an integrative point of view. Kidney Int 2011; 79:33-45.
17. Parlakpinar H, Tasdemir S, Polat A, Bay-Karabulut A, Vardi N, Ucar M, et al. Protective role of caffeic acid phenethyl ester (cape) on gentamicin-induced acute renal toxicity in rats. Toxicology 2005; 207:169-177.
18. Ali BH. The effect of treatment with the medicinal plant Rhazya stricta decne on gentamicin nephrotoxicity in rats. Phytomedicine 2002; 9:385-389.
19. Sener G, Sehirli AO, Altunbas HZ, Ersoy Y, Paskaloglu K, Arbak S, et al. Melatonin protects against gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. J Pineal Res 2002; 32:231-236.
20. Polat A, Parlakpinar H, Tasdemir S, Ersoy Y, Paskaloglu K, Arbak S, et al. Protective role of aminoguanidine on gentamicin-induced acute renal failure in rats. Acta Histochem 2006; 108:365-371.
21. Karadeniz A, Yildirim A, Simsek N, Kalkan Y, Celebi F. Spirulina platensis protects against gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Phytother Res 2008; 22:1506-1510.
22. He X, Xu X, Fan M, Chen X, Sun X, Luo G, et al. Preconditioning with hyperbaric oxygen induces tolerance against renal ischemia-reperfusion injury via increased expression of heme oxygenase-1. J Surg Res 2011; 170(2):271-277.
23. Rasoulian B, Mohammad Hosseni Akbari H, Kadkhodaee M, Mofid M, Baqeri GR, Bigdeli MR, et al. Preconditioning with oxygen attenuates rat renal ischemia-reperfusion injury. J Surg Res 2008; 146(2):282-288.
24. Solmazgul E, Uzun G, Cermik H, Atasoyu EM, Aydinoz S, Yildiz S, Hyperbaric oxygen therapy attenuates renal ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. Urol Int 2007; 78:82-85.
25. Li J, Liu W, Ding S, Xu W, Guan Y, Zhang JH, et al. Hyperbaric oxygen preconditioning induces tolerance against brain ischemia–reperfusion injury by upregulation of antioxidant enzymes in rats. Brain Res 2008; 210:223–229.
26. Bigdeli MR, Rahnema M, Khoshbaten A. Preconditioning with sublethal ischemia or intermittent normobaric hyperoxia up-regulates glutamate transporters and tumor necrosis factor-alpha converting enzyme in the rat brain. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2009; 18(5):336-342.
27. Bigdeli MR, Khoshbaten A. In vivo preconditioning with normobaric hyperoxia induces ischemic tolerance partly by triggering tumor necrosis factor-alpha converting enzyme/tumor necrosis factor-alpha/nuclear factor-kappa B. Neuroscience 2008; 153:671-678.
28. Yuan Z, Liu W, Liu B, Schnell A, Liu KJ. Normobaric hyperoxia delays and attenuates early nitric oxide production in focal cerebral ischemic rats. Brain Res 2010; 1352:248-254.
29. Bigdeli MR. Preconditioning with prolonged normobaric hyperoxia induces ischemic tolerance partly by upregulation of antioxidant enzymes in rat brain tissue. Brain Res 2009; 1260:47-54.
30. Satho K. Serum lipid peroxidation in cerebrovascular disorders determined by a new colorimetric method. Clin Chem Acta 1978; 90:37-43.
31. Farombi EO, Ekor M. Curcumin attenuates gentamicin induced renal oxidative damage in rats. Food Chem Toxicol 2006; 44:1443-1448.
32. Tavafi M, Ahmadvand H, Toolabi P. Inhibitory effect of olive leaf extract on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Iran J Kidney Dis 2012; 6(1):25-32.
33. Carlos A. Stereological tools in biomedical research. Acad Bras Ciênc 2003; 75:413-428.
34. Gilbert DN, Wood CA, Kohlhepp SJ, Kohnen PW, Houghton DC, Finkbeiner HC, et al. Polyaspartic acid prevents experimental aminoglycoside nephrotoxicity. J Infect Dis 1989; 159:945-953.
35. Khan SA, Priyamvada S, Farooq N, Khan S, Khan MW, Yusufi AN. Protective effect of green tea extract on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity and oxidative damage in rat kidney. Pharmacol Res 2009; 59:254-262.
36. Karahan I, Atessahin A, Yilmaz S, Ceribasi AO, Sakin F. Protective effect of lycopene on gentamicin-induced oxidative stress and nephrotoxicity in rats. Toxicology 2005; 215:198-204.
37. Rafieian Kopaei M, Nasri H, Nematbakhsh M, Baradaran A, Gheissari A, Rouhi H, et al. Erythropoietin ameliorates genetamicin-induced renal toxicity: A biochemical and histopathological study. J Nephropathol 2012, 1:109-116.
38. Tavafi M, Ahmadvand H. Effect of rosmarinic acid on inhibition of gentamicin induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Tissue Cell 2011; 43:392-397.
39. Sayed-Ahmed MM, Nagi MN. Thymoquinone supplementation prevents the development of gentamicin induced acute renal toxicity in rats. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 2007; 34:399-405.
40. Adeneye AA, Benebo AS. Protective effect of the aqueous leaf and seed extract of Phyllanthus amarus on gentamicin and acetaminophen-induced nephrotoxic rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2008; 118:318-323.
41. Baradaran A, Rafieian-kopaei M. Histopathological study of the combination of metformin and garlic juice for the attenuation of gentamicin renal toxicity in rats. J Ren Inj Prev 2013; 2:15-21.
42. Tavafi M. Inhibition of gentamicin–induced renal tubular cell necrosis. J Nephropathology 2012; 1:83-86.
43. Maeshima A, Sakurai H, Nigam SK. Adult kidney tubular cell population showing phenotypic plasticity, tubulogenic capacity, and integration capability into developing kidney. J Am Soc Nephrol 2006; 17:188-198.
44. Sepehri Gh, Derakhshanfar A, Saburi L. Does propylthiouracil increase the gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rat? Iran J Basic Med Sci 2013; 16:1190-1195.