M, Shabanzadeh AP, Sadr SS, Parviz M, Djahanguiri
B. Rosiglitazone, a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma ligand, reduces infarction volume and neurological deficits in an embolic model of stroke. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 2006; 33:1052-1058.
2. Ren C, Yan Z, Wei D, Gao X, Chen X, Zhao H. Limb remote ischemic postconditioning protects against focal ischemia in rats. Brain Res 2009; 1288:88-94.
3. Zhao ZQ, Corvera JS, Halkos ME, Kerendi F, Wang NP, Guyton RA,
. Inhibition of myocardial injury by ischemic postconditioning during reperfusion: comparison with ischemic preconditioning. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2003; 285:H579-588.
4. Ren C, Gao X, Niu G, Yan Z, Chen X, Zhao H. Delayed postconditioning protects against focal ischemic brain injury in rats. PloS one 2008; 3:e3851.
5. Zhao H, Sapolsky RM, Steinberg GK. Interrupting reperfusion as a stroke therapy: ischemic postconditioning reduces infarct size after focal ischemia in rats. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 2006; 26:1114-1121.
6. Xing B, Chen H, Zhang M, Zhao D, Jiang R, Liu X, Zhang S. Ischemic postconditioning inhibits apoptosis after focal cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury in the rat. Stroke 2008; 39:2362-2369.
7. Yuan Y, Guo Q, Ye Z, Pingping X, Wang N, Song Z. Ischemic postconditioning protects brain from ischemia/reperfusion injury by attenuating endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis through PI3K-Akt pathway. Brain Res 2010; 1367:85-93.
8. Kim YK, Leem JG, Shin JW, Joung KW. Ischemic postconditioning may not influence early brain injury induced by focal cerebral ischemia/reperfusion in rats. Korean J Anesthesiol 2010; 58:176- 183.
9. Allahtavakoli M, Moloudi R, Arababadi MK, Shamsizadeh A, Javanmardi K. Delayed post ischemic treatment with Rosiglitazone attenuates infarct volume, neurological deficits and neutrophilia after embolic stroke in rat. Brain Res 2009; 1271:121-127.
10. Allahtavakoli M, Jarrott B. Sigma-1 receptor ligand PRE-084 reduced infarct volume, neurological deficits, pro-inflammatory cytokines and enhanced anti-inflammatory cytokines after embolic stroke in rats. Brain Res Bull 2011; 85:219-224.
11. Dinapoli VA, Rosen CL, Nagamine T, Crocco T. Selective MCA occlusion: a precise embolic stroke model. J Neurosci Methods 2006; 154:233-238.
12. Allahtavakoli M, Shabanzadeh A, Roohbakhsh A, Pourshanazari A. Combination therapy of rosiglitazone, a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma ligand, and NMDA receptor antagonist (MK-801) on experimental embolic stroke in rats. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 2007; 101:309-314.
13. Zhang W, Miao Y, Zhou S, Jiang J, Luo Q, Qiu Y. Neuroprotective effects of ischemic postconditioning on global brain ischemia in rats through upregulation of hippocampal glutamine synthetase. J Clin Neurosci 2011; 18:685-689.
14. Bederson JB, Pitts LH, Tsuji M, Nishimura MC, Davis RL, Bartkowski H. Rat middle cerebral artery occlusion: evaluation of the model and development of a neurologic examination. Stroke 1986; 17:472-476.
15. Xiao C, He M, Nan Y, Zhang D, Chen B, Guan Y, Pu M. Physiological effects of superoxide dismutase on altered visual function of retinal ganglion cells in db/db mice. PloS One 2012; 7:e30343.
16. Wang Q, Zhang X, Ding Q, Hu B, Xie Y, Li X, Yang Q, Xiong L. Limb Remote Postconditioning Alleviates Cerebral Reperfusion Injury Through Reactive Oxygen Species-Mediated Inhibition of Delta Protein Kinase C in Rats. Anesth Analg 2009; 1288:24.
17. Burda J, Danielisova V, Nemethova M, Gottlieb M, Matiasova M, Domorakova I,
. Delayed postconditionig initiates additive mechanism necessary for survival of selectively vulnerable neurons after transient ischemia in rat brain. Cell Mol Neurobiol 2006; 26:1141-1151.
18. Wang CX, Yang T, Shuaib A. An improved version of embolic model of brain ischemic injury in the rat. J Neurosci Methods 2001; 109:147-151.
19. Zhao ZQ. Postconditioning in reperfusion injury: a status report. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 2010; 24:265-279.
20. Zhao H. The protective effect of ischemic postconditioning against ischemic injury: from the heart to the brain. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 2007; 2:313-318.
21. Zhao H. Ischemic postconditioning as a novel avenue to protect against brain injury after stroke. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 2009, 29:873-885.
22. Wang JY, Shen J, Gao Q, Ye ZG, Yang SY, Liang HW, Bruce IC, Luo BY, Xia Q. Ischemic postconditioning protects against global cerebral ischemia/reperfusion-induced injury in rats. Stroke 2008; 39:983-990.
23. Feng R, Li S, Li F. Toll-like receptor 4 is involved in ischemic tolerance of postconditioning in hippocampus of tree shrews to thrombotic cerebral ischemia. Brain Res 2011; 1384:118-127.
24. Pignataro G, Meller R, Inoue K, Ordonez AN, Ashley MD, Xiong Z,
et al. In vivo
and in vitro characterization of a novel neuroprotective strategy for stroke: ischemic postconditioning. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 2008; 28:232-241.
25. Bacigaluppi M, Comi G, Hermann DM. Animal models of ischemic stroke. Part two: modeling cerebral ischemia. Open Neurol J 2010; 4:34-38