1. Kawaguchi H, Hirachi A, Hasegawa N, Iwata T, Hamaguchi H, Shiba H, et al. Enhancement of periodontal tissue regeneration by transplantation of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. J Periodontal 2004; 75:281-287.
2. Cragg GM, Newman DJ. Natural products : A continuing source of novel drug leads . Biochim Biophys Acta 2013; 830:3670–3695.
3. Venugopal V. Marine products for healthcare: functional and bioactive nutraceutical compounds from the ocean. J Aquat Food Product Technol 2010; 19:48-54.
4. Shaifuzain AR, Amran AS, Muzaffar TMS, Tengku AR, Shaifulizan. Effect of oral sea cucumber (Stichopus sp1) extract on fracture healing. Malays J Med Sci 2007; 14:172.
5. Kariya Y, Mulloy B, Imai K, Tominaga A, Kaneko T, Asari A, Suzuki K, et al. Isolation and partial characterization of fucan sulfates from the body wall of sea cucumber Stichopusjaponicus and their ability to inhibit osteoclastogenesis. Carbohydr Res 2004; 339:1339-1346.
6. Yamada S, Sugahara K. Potential therapeutic application of chondroitin sulfate/dermatan sulfate. Curr Drug Discov Technol 2008; 5:289–301.
7. Chen SG, Li GY, Yin LA, Huang WC, Dong P, Xu J, et al. Identification of eight species of sea cucumber chondroitin sulfates by high temperature ~1H NMR. J Instrumental Analysis 2010; 29-38.
8. Hu J, Feng K, Liu X, Ma PX. Chondrogenic and osteogenic differentiations of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells on a nanofibrous scaffold with designed pore network. Biomaterials 2009; 30:5061-5067.
9. Dragoo JL, Samimi B, Zhu M, Hame SL, Thomas BJ, Lieberman JR, et al. Tissue-engineered cartilage and bone using stem cells from human infrapatellar fat pads. J Bone Joint Surg Br 2003; 85:740-747.
10. Eijken M, Koedam M, van Driel M, Buurman CJ, Pols HA, van Leeuwen JPV.The essential role of glucocorticoids for proper human osteoblast differentiation and matrix mineralization. Mol Cell Endocrinol 2006; 248:87-93.
11. Byuna MR, Kim AR, Hwang JH, Sung MK, Lee YK, Hwang BS, et al. Phorbaketal A stimulates osteoblast differentiation through TAZ mediated Runx2 activation. FEBS Lett 2012; 586:1086–1092.
12. Zhang DW, Cheng Y, Wang NL, Zhang JC, Yang MS, Yao XS. Effects of total flavonoids and flavonol glycosides from Epimedium koreanum Nakai on the proliferation and differentiation of primary osteoblasts. Phytomedicine 2008; 15:55–61.
13. Ryu B, Qian ZJ, Kim SK. Purification of a peptide from seahorse , that inhibits TPA-induced MMP , iNOS and COX-2 expression through MAPK and NF- B activation, and induces human osteoblastic and chondrocytic differentiation. Chem Biol Interact 2010; 184:413- 422.
14. Park SJ, Lee KW, Lim DS, Lee S. The sulfated polysaccharide fucoidan stimulates osteogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells. Stem Cells Dev 2011; 21:2204-2211.
15. Shahrulazua A, Samsudin AR, Iskandar MA, Amran AS. The in vitro effects of sea cucumber (Stichopus sp1) extract on human osteoblast cell line. J Malay Ortho 2013; 7:41-48.