1. Fasihi Harandi M, Budke CM, Rostami S. The Monetary Burden of Cystic Echinococcosis in Iran. PLOS Negl Trop Dis 2012; 6:e1915.
2. Eckert J, Deplazes P. Biological, epidemiological, and clinical aspects of echinococcosis, a zoonosis of increasing concern. Clin Microbiol Rev 2004; 17:107–135
3. Brunetti E, Kern P, Vuitton DA. Writing Panel for the WHO-IWGE. Expert consensus for the diagnosis and treatment of cystic and alveolar echinococcosis in humans. Acta Trop 2010; 114:1-16.
5. McManus DP, Zhang W, Li J, Bartley PB
. Echinococcosis. Lancet 2003; 362:1295–1304.
6. Besim H, Karayalcin K, Hamamci O, Güngör C
, Korkmaz A
. Scolicidal agents in hydatid cyst surgery. HPB Surg1998; 10:347–351.
8. Rajabi MA. Fatal reactions and methaemoglobinaemia after silver nitrate irrigation of hydatid cyst. Surgical Practice 2009; 13:2–7.
9. Adas G, Arikan S, Kemik O, Oner A
, Sahip N
, Karatepe O
. Use of albendazole sulfoxide, and combined solutions as scolicidal agents on hydatid cysts (in vitro
study). World J Gastroenterol 2009; 15:112–116.
10. Ali BH, Blunden G. Pharmacological and toxicological properties of Nigella sativa. Phytother Res2003; 17:299–305.
11. Randhawa MA, Al-Ghamdi MS. A review of the pharmacotherapeutic effects of Nigella sativa. Pak J Med Res 2002; 41: 1-10.
12. Agrawal R, Kharya MD, Shrivastava R. Antimicrobial and anthelmintic activities of the essential oil of Nigella sativa Linn. Indian J Exp Biol 1979; 17:1264–1265.
13. Mahmoud MR, El-Abhar HS, Saleh S. The effects of Nigella sativa oil against the liver damage induced by Schistosoma mansoni in mice. J Ethnopharmacol 2002; 79:1–11.
14. Khan MA, Ashfaq MK, Zuberi HS, Mahmood MS
, Gilani AH
. The in vivo
antifungal activity of the aqueous extract from Nigella sativa
seed. Phytother Res 2003; 17:183–186.
15. Morsi NM. Antimicrobial effect of crude extracts of Nigella sativa on multiple antibiotics-resistant bacteria. Acta Microbiol Pol 2000; 49: 63–74.
16. Salem ML, Hossain MS. Protective effect of black seed oil from Nigella sativa against murine cytomegalovirus infection. Int J Immunopharmacol 2000; 22:729–740.
17. Smyth JD, Barrett NJ. Procedures for testing the viability of human hydatid cysts following surgical removal, especially after chemotherapy. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 1980; 74:649-652.
19. Caglar R, Yuzbasioglu MF, Bulbuloglu E, Gul M
, Ezberci F
, Kale I. In vitro
effectiveness of different chemical agents on scolices of hydatid cyst. J Invest Surg 2008; 21:71–75
20. Besim H, Karayalcin K, Hamamci O, Güngör C
, Korkmaz A
. Scolicidal agents in hydatid cyst surgery. HPB Surg 1998; 10:347–351.
21. Erzurumlu K, Hokelek M, Baris S, Sahin M
, Birinci A
, Amanvermez R, et al
. Effect of albendazolesulfoxide solution on the scolices and the hepatobiliary system. Eur Surg Res 1998; 30:433–438.
22. Landa Garcı´a JI, Alonso E, Gonzalez-Uriarte J, Rodriguez Romano D
. Evaluation of scolicidal agents in an experimental hydatid disease model. Eur Surg Res 1997; 29:202–208.
23. Paksoy Y, Odev K, Sahin M, Arslan A
, Koç O
. Percutaneous treatment of hydatid cysts: comparison of direct injection of albendazole and hypertonic saline solution. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2005; 185:727–734.
24. Puryan K, Karadayi K, Topcu O, Canbay E
, Sumer Z
, Turan M
, et al.
Chlorhexidine gluconate: an ideal scolicidal agent in the treatment of intraperitoneal hydatidosis. World J Surg 2005; 29:227–230.
25. Kilicoglu B, Kismet K, Koru O. Tanyuksel M, Oruc MT
, Sorkun K
, et al
. The scolicidal effects of honey. Adv Ther 2006; 23:1077–1083.
26. Moazeni M, Nazer A. In vitro effectiveness of garlic (Allium sativum) extract on scolices of hydatid cyst. World J Surg 2010; 34:2677–2681.
27. Moazeni M, Saharkhiz MJ, Hosseini AA. In vitro lethal effect of ajowan (Trachyspermum ammi L.) essential oil on hydatid cyst protoscoleces. Vet Parasitol 2012; 187:203– 208.
28. Zibaei M, Sarlak A, Delfan B, Ezatpour
A. Scolicidal effects of Olea europaea
and Satureja khuzestanica
extracts on protoscolices of hydatid cysts.Korean J Parasitol 2012; 50:53-56.
29. Rocha LG, Almeida JR, Macedo RO, Barbosa-Filho JM. A review of natural products with antileishmanial activity. Phytomedicine 2005; 12: 514-535.
30. Cowan MM. Plant products as antimicrobial agents. Clin Microbiol Rev 1999; 12:564–582.
31. McCutcheon AR, Ellis SM, Hancock REW, Tower GN. Antibiotic screening of medicinal plants of the British Columbian native peoples. J Ethnopharmacol 1992; 37:213– 223.
32. Nilforoushzadeh MA, Hejazi SH, Zarkoob H, Shirani-Bidabadi L, Jaffary F. Efficacy of adding topical honey-based hydroalcoholic extract Nigella Sativa 60% compared to honey alone in patients with cutaneous leishmaniasisreceiving intralesional glucantime. J Skin Leishmaniasis 2010; 1:26-31.
33. Fattahi Bafghi A, Vahidi AR, Anvari MH, Barzegar K, Ghafourzadeh M. The in vivo antileishmanial activity of alcoholic extract from Nigella sativa seeds. Afr J Microb Res 2011; 5:1504-1510.
37. Suthar MP, Patel PN, Shah TG, Patel RK. In vitro screening of Nigella sativa seeds for antifungal activity. Inter J Pharm App Sci 2010; 1:84-91.
38. el Daly ES. Protective effect of cysteine and vitamin E, Crocus sativus and Nigella sativa extracts on cisplatininduced toxicity in rats. J Pharm Belg 1998; 53:87-95.
MA. Protective effects of thymoquinone and desferrioxamine against hepatotoxicity of carbon tetrachloride in mice. Life Sci
40. Badary OA, Al-Shabanah OA, Nagi MN, Al-Bekairi AM, Almazar MMA. Acute and subchronic toxicity of thymoquinone in mice. Drug Dev Res 1998; 44: 56–61.