1. Pruser KN, Flynn NE. Acrylamide in health and disease. Fron Biosci 2011; 3:41-51.
2. Claus A, Carle R, Schieber A. Acrylamide in cereal products: A review. J Cereal Sci 2008; 47:118-133.
3. LoPachin RM. Acrylamide neurotoxicity: Neurological, morphological and molecular endpoints in animal models. Adv Exp Med Biol 2005; 561:21-37.
4. Zhu YJ, Zeng T, Zhu YB, Yu SF, Wang QS, Zhang LP, et al. Effects of acrylamide on the nervous tissue antioxidant system and sciatic nerve electrophysiology in the rat. Neuroch Res 2008; 33:2310-2317.
5. Yousef MI, El-Demerdash FM. Acrylamide-induced oxidative stress and biochemical perturbations in rats. Toxicology 2006; 219:133-141.
6. Sumizawa T, Igisu H. Apoptosis induced by acrylamide in SH-SY5Y cells. Arch Toxicol 2007; 81:279-282.
7. Mehri S, Abnous K, Mousavi S, Shariaty V, Hosseinzadeh H. Neuroprotective effect of crocin on acrylamide-induced cytotoxicity in pc12 cells. Cell Mol Neurobiol 2012; 32:227-235.
8. Alturfan AA, Tozan-Beceren A, Sehirli AO, Demiralp E, Sener G, Omurtag GZ. Resveratrol ameliorates oxidative DNA damage and protects against acrylamide-induced oxidative stress in rats. Mol Biol Rep 2012; 39:4589-4596.
9. Sumizawa T, Igisu H. Suppression of acrylamide toxicity by carboxyfullerene in human neuroblastoma cells in vitro. Arch Toxicol 2009; 83:817-824.
10. Mehri S, Meshki MA, Hosseinzadeh H. Linalool as a neuroprotective agent against acrylamide-induced neurotoxicity in Wistar rats. Drug Chem Toxicol 2014; 21:1-5.
11. Mehri S, Karami HV, Hassani FV, Hosseinzadeh H. Chrysin reduced acrylamide-induced neurotoxicity in both in vitro and in vivo assessments. Iran Biomed J 2014; 18:101-106.
12. Ali BH, Blunden G. Pharmacological and toxicological properties of Nigella sativa. Phytother Res 2003; 17:299-305.
13. Woo CC, Kumar AP, Sethi G, Tan KHB. Thymoquinone: Potential cure for inflammatory disorders and cancer. Biochem Pharmacol 2012; 83:443-451.
14. Hosseinzadeh H, Parvardeh S. Anticonvulsant effects of thymoquinone, the major constituent of Nigella sativa seeds, in mice. Phytomedicine 2004; 11:56-64.
15. Hosseinzadeh H, Eskandari M, Ziaee T. Antitussive effect of thymoquinone, a constituent of Nigella sativa seeds, in guinea pigs. Pharmacologyonline 2008; 2:480-484.
16. Attoub S, Sperandio O, Raza H, Arafat K, Al-Salam S, Al Sultan MA, et al. Thymoquinone as an anticancer agent: Evidence from inhibition of cancer cells viability and invasion in vitro and tumor growth in vivo. Fundam Clinl Pharmacol 2013; 27:557-569.
17. Mansour MA. Protective effects of thymoquinone and desferrioxamine against hepatotoxicity of carbon tetrachloride in mice. Life Sci 2000; 66:2583-2591.
18. Attia A, Ragheb A, Sylwestrowicz T, Shoker A. Attenuation of high cholesterol-induced oxidative stress in rabbit liver by thymoquinone. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2010; 22:826-834.
19. Hosseinzadeh H, Parvardeh S, Asl MN, Sadeghnia HR, Ziaee T. Effect of thymoquinone and Nigella sativa seeds oil on lipid peroxidation level during global cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury in rat hippocampus. Phytomedicine 2007; 14:621-627.
20. Al-Majed AA, Al-Omar FA, Nagi MN. Neuroprotective effects of thymoquinone against transient forebrain ischemia in the rat hippocampus. Eu J Pharmacol 2006; 543: 40-47.
21. Ismail N, Ismail M, Mazlan M, Latiff LA, Imam MU, Iqbal S, et al. Thymoquinone prevents β-amyloid neurotoxicity in primary cultured cerebellar granule neurons. Cell Mol Neurobiol 2013; 33:1159-1169.
22. Hosseinzadeh H, Parvardeh S, Nassiri-Asl M, Mansouri MT. Intracerebroventricular administration of thymoquinone, the major constituent of Nigella sativa seeds, suppresses epileptic seizures in rats. Med Sci Monit 2005; 11:106-110.
23. Kanter M. Protective effects of thymoquinone on the neuronal injury in frontal cortex after chronic toluene exposure. J Mol Histol 2011; 42:39-46.
24. Lakshmi D, Gopinath K, Jayanthy G, Anjum S, Prakash D, Sudhandiran G. Ameliorating effect of fish oil on acrylamide induced oxidative stress and neuronal apoptosis in cerebral cortex. Neurochem Res 2012; 37:1859-1867.
25. Mihara M, Uchiyama M. Determination of malonaldehyde precursor in tissues by thiobarbituric acid test. Anal Biochem 1978; 86:271-278.
26. Yun JS, Na HK, Park KS, Lee YH, Kim EY, Lee SY, et al. Protective effects of vitamin E on endocrine disruptors, PCB-induced dopaminergic neurotoxicity. Toxicology 2005; 216:140-146.
27. Gumustas K, Guzeyli F, Atukeren P, Sanus GZ, Kemerdere R, Tanriverdi T, et al. The effect of vitamin E on lipid peroxidation, nitric oxide production and superoxide dismutase expression in hyperglycemic rats with ceberal ischemia- reperfusion injury. Tur Neurosurg 2007; 17:78-82.