1. Lim W, Kim O, Jung J, Ko Y, Ha J. Dichloromethane fraction from Gardenia jasminoides: DNA topoisomerase 1 inhibition and oral cancer cell death induction. Pharm Biol 2010; 48:1354-1360.
2. Song X, Zhang W, Wang T, Jiang H, Zhang Z, Fu Y, Yang Z, Cao Y, Zhang N. Geniposide plays an anti-inflammatory role via regulating TLR4 and downstream signaling pathways in lipopoly-saccharide-induced mastitis in mice. Inflammation 2014; 37:1588-1598.
3. Lee JH, Lee DU, Jeong CS. Gardenia jasminoides Ellis ethanol extract and its constituents reduce the risks of gastritis and reverse gastric lesions in rats. Food Chem Toxicol 2009; 47:1127-1131.
4. Dai MM, Wu H, Li H, Chen J, Chen JY, Hu SL, Shen C. Effects and mechanisms of Geniposide on rats with adjuvant arthritis. Int Immunopharmacol 2014; 20:46-53.
5. Malhi H, Gores GJ. Cellular and molecular mechanisms of liver injury. Gastroenterology 2008; 134:1641–1654.
6. Chao J, Lee MS, Amagaya S, Liao JW, Wu JB, Ho LK, et al. Hepatoprotective effect of shidagonglao on acute liver injury induced by carbon tetrachloride. Am J Chin Med 2009; 37:1085–1097.
7. Mandrekar P, Szabo G. Signalling pathways in alcohol-induced liver inflammation. J Hepatol 2009; 50:1258–1266.
8. Kono H, Rusyn I, Yin M, Gabele E, Yamashina S, Dikalova A, et al. NADPH oxidase derived free radicals are key oxidants in alcohol-induced liver disease. J Clin Invest 2000; 106: 867–872.
9. Sosa S, Balick MJ, Arvigo R, Esposito RG, Pizza C, Altinier G, et al. Screening of the topical anti-inflammatory activity of some Central American plants. J Ethnopharmacol 2002; 81:211–215.
10. Yam MF, Asmawi MZ, Basir R. An investigation of the anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of orthosiphon stamineus leaf extract. J Med Food 2008; 11: 362–368.
11. Geppert TD, Whitehurst CE, Thompson P, Beutler B. Lipopolysaccharide signals activation of tumor necrosis factor biosynthesis through the ras/raf-1/MEK/MAPK pathway. Mol Med 1994; 1:93–103.
12. Jiang JX, Zhang Y, Ji SH, Zhu P, Wang ZG. Kinetics of mitogen-activated protein kinase family in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated mouse Kupffer cells and their role in cytokine production. Shock 2002; 18:336–341.
13. Poligone B, Baldwin AS. Positive and negative regulation of NF-kappaB by COX-2: roles of different prostaglandins. J Biol Chem 2001; 276:38658–38664.
14. Kim SJ, Kim JK, Lee DU, Kwak JH, Lee SM. Genipin protects lipopolysaccharide-induced apoptotic liver damage in D-galactosamine-sensitized mice. Eur J Pharmacol 2010; 635:188-193.
15. Kim SJ, Kim KM, Park J, Kwak JH, Kim YS, Lee SM. Geniposidic acid protects against D-galactosamine and lipopolysaccharide-induced hepatic failure in mice. J Ethnopharmacol 2013; 146:271-277.
16. Kim SH, Jun CD, Suk K, Choi BJ, Lim H, et al. Gallic acid inhibits histamine release and pro-inflammatory cytokine production in mast cells. Toxicol Sci 2006; 91:123-131.
17. Zhu QY, Hackman RM, Ensunsa JL, Holt RR, Keen CL. Antioxidative activities of oolong tea. J Agric Food Chem 2002; 50:6929–6934.
18. Mase A, Makino B, Tsuchiya N, Yamamoto M, Kase Y, et al. Active ingredients of traditional Japanese (kampo) medicine, inchinkoto, in murine concanavalin A-induced hepatitis. J Ethnopharmacol 2010; 127:742-749.
19. Lee SJ, Oh PS, Lim KT. Hepatoprotective and hypolipidaemic effects of glycoprotein isolated from Gardenia jasminoides Ellis in mice. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 2006; 33:925-933.
20. Lee TY, Chang HH, Chen JH, Hsueh ML, Kuo JJ. Herb medicine Yin-Chen-Hao-Tang ameliorates hepatic fibrosis in bile duct ligation rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2007; 109:318-324.
21. Fan G, Tang JJ, Bhadauria M, Nirala SK, Dai F, Zhou B, Li Y, Liu ZL. Resveratrol ameliorates carbon tetrachloride-induced acute liver injury in mice. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 2009; 28: 350-356.
22. Farghali H, Cerný D, Kameníková L, Martínek J, Horínek A, Kmonícková E, Zídek Z. Resveratrol attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced hepatitis in D-galactosamine sensitized rats: role of nitric oxide synthase 2 and heme oxygenase-1. Nitric Oxide 2009; 21:216-225.
23. Schnabl B, Bradham CA, Bennett BL, Manning AM, Stefanovic B, Brenner DA. TAK1/JNK and p38 have opposite effects on rat hepatic stellate cells. Hepatology 2001; 34:953–963.
24. Kishore R, Hill JR, Mcmullen MR, Frenkel J, Nagy LE. ERK1/2 and Egr-1 contribute to increased TNF-alpha production in rat Kupffer cells after chronic ethanol feeding. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 2002; 282:G6–15.
25. King LA, Toledo AH, Rivera-Chavez FA, Toledo-Pereyra LH. Role of p38 and JNK in liver ischemia and reperfusion. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 2009; 16: 763–770.
26. Toledo-Pereyra LH, Lopez-Neblina F, Toledo AH. Protein kinases in organ ischemia and reperfusion. J Invest Surg 2008; 21:215–226.
27. Panteva M, Korkaya H, Jameel S. Hepatitis viruses and the MAPK pathway: is this a survival strategy? Virus Res 2003; 92:131–140.
28. Min L, He B, Hui L. Mitogen-activated protein kinases in hepatocellular carcinoma development. Semin Cancer Biol 2011; 21:10–20.
29. Fu Y, Liu B, Liu J, Liu Z, Liang D, et al. Geniposide, from Gardenia jasminoides Ellis, inhibits the inflammatory response in the primary mouse macrophages and mouse models. Int Immunopharmacol 2012; 14:792-798.
30. Chula S, Hang L, Yinying B, Jianning S, Shi R. The effects of notoginsenoside R₁ on the intestinal absorption of geniposide by the everted rat gut sac model. J Ethnopharmacol 2012; 142:136-143.
31.Kojima K, Shimada T, Nagareda Y, Watanabe M, Ishizaki J, Sai Y et al. Preventive effect of geniposide on metabolic disease status in spontaneously obese type 2 diabetic mice and free fatty acid-treated HepG2 cells. Biol Pharm Bull 2011; 34: 1613-1618.